Conquer Club

[GO] Total Random Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[GO] Total Random Games

Postby sfhbballnut on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:19 pm

dakky21 wrote:Concise description:
  • When starting a game, option to choose only the number of players and turn duration, and put everything else on random.

Specifics/Details:
  • All settings except number of players are random, including singles, teams, map, inital troops and all other settings.
  • When game is created, everything except number of players and turn duration is shown as random, and the settings are known when last player joins the game.
  • Possibility to select what will be random

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Many tourneys say "random" settings but they're just hand picked. No "real" random tournaments.
  • Lots of achievements need new unique players in team to get them
  • There are people who avoid some settings, this way everything is upon their luck (or they don't join)
  • Should be simple to implement

I took one game and painted it so you get what I mean:

That would just be awesome!
Obviously, in even number games there can't be triples unless it's 12 players. Ruleset would be created, but that's up to the admins...

As posted below, something like this should be implemented:

show: OP
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby HotShot53 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:39 pm

I usually play random maps or random whatever when I can... I think this would be cool :)

And the creator wouldn't necessarily know what the map was first, if it stays random until the last person joins and the game starts...
Major HotShot53

Postby jaydog on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:51 pm

good idea
Lieutenant jaydog

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:56 pm

I could see a Random Map being an option on the Start a game page. Would perhaps be a nice little addition.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby lackattack on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:06 am

Yes. Labelled *to-do*
Sergeant lackattack

Postby wicked on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:41 am

I bet Circus Maximus would get played a lot more then!
Major wicked

Postby sfhbballnut on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:58 am

wow, that was fast
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby Marvaddin on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:43 pm

wicked wrote:I bet Circus Maximus would get played a lot more then!

Hehe, yes. Maybe we could have it for more options... but then you could adjust in your settings some options you would like to exclude, like if you want a random map, from a pool of 4 or 5 maps only.
Major Marvaddin

Postby gavin_sidhu on Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:13 pm

Marvaddin wrote:

Hehe, yes. Maybe we could have it for more options... but then you could adjust in your settings some options you would like to exclude, like if you want a random map, from a pool of 4 or 5 maps only.
don't like this bit. If its random it has to be totally random. Unlucky the people who get stuck in crossword, or get a triples game in indochina.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:11 am

Yeah, if its going to be random then it should be chosen out of all the possible options.
Good idea sfhbballnut! :D
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby Stoney229 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:04 am

Marvaddin wrote:

I like this better
Lieutenant Stoney229

Random game

Postby yeti_c on Wed May 09, 2007 4:13 am

Suggestion Idea: Button in "Create a new game" that randomly chooses between all of the options. (Perhaps a Random Freestyle and Random Sequential might be needed!)

Alternatively - Under Join a Game... perhaps a "Join a Random game" button... that finds a *public* game in the list and adds you in.

Why it is needed: Dunno

Priority** (1-5): 5

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Coleman on Wed May 09, 2007 4:41 am

Not sure how you meant that, but I'd like it if it remained an unknown random thing until the game starts, and if you could do it with maps too and maybe use check boxes like you do in game finder to decide what it can be random between. (So you don't roll crossword if you don't like it or something)
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby yeti_c on Wed May 09, 2007 5:13 am

Coleman wrote:Not sure how you meant that, but I'd like it if it remained an unknown random thing until the game starts, and if you could do it with maps too and maybe use check boxes like you do in game finder to decide what it can be random between. (So you don't roll crossword if you don't like it or something)

Now that's a better idea... like it a lot... that way you'd not get "home advantage"

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Risktaker17 on Wed May 09, 2007 5:44 am

I'm a fan for more options, I would never use it but I'm still a fan.
Captain Risktaker17

Postby moz976 on Wed May 09, 2007 7:30 am

I'm rolling Yeti's suggestion of random game in with the random map suggestion. I think they are very close to the same thing.
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private moz976

Postby yeti_c on Wed May 09, 2007 8:01 am

moz976 wrote:I'm rolling Yeti's suggestion of random game in with the random map suggestion. I think they are very close to the same thing.

I concur - a slightly more fully fledged random (i.e. not just map) but v similar... (I did check the todo but missed this one!)

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Re: Random Map/Game Button *To-do*

Postby Enigma on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 pm

I'd love to have a "Random Map" button under the Start a Game tab. I actually came to the forum to suggest it but was good and checked the sticky 1st :D. There are so many maps now that its difficult for the indecisive to pick the "best" one :P.

Random Game might be a good idea too- for those who dont care and just dont want to think about it.
Do you need an excuse to have a war? I mean, who for? Can't you just say "You got lots of cash and land, but I've got a big sword, so divy up right now, chop chop."
Terry Pratchet
Lieutenant Enigma

Re:

Postby cicero on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:47 am

yeti_c wrote:
Coleman wrote:Not sure how you meant that, but I'd like it if it remained an unknown random thing until the game starts, and if you could do it with maps too and maybe use check boxes like you do in game finder to decide what it can be random between. (So you don't roll crossword if you don't like it or something)

Now that's a better idea... like it a lot... that way you'd not get "home advantage"

With that caveat - remaining unknown until game starts - it's a more meaningful and worthwhile option.
However I'm not convinced that many people will use it beyond the initial novelty ...
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby BeakerWMA on Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:06 am

I think you'll see it mostly used in Tourneys...which would be cool.
I am serious...and don't call me Shirley.
Captain BeakerWMA

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:26 am

LOVE the random map part -- and the "keep it secret until begun" part.

I would also be happy with random choice of Terminator/Standard/Assassin ... even teams, though that might be a bit difficult & potentially more "hazardous" (for one, you don't want all cooks on one team .. fixable, just another complication). FOW/no FOW is definitely within the "spirit" as well.

HOWEVER, I never play Freestyle any longer, because I just cannot take the time to sit and wait until my opponent plays. If I were forced to in this option, I would just not use it. I suspect there are many in the same situation.

ALSO, I think it more or less goes without saying that SPEED/No Speed should not be randomized, either, for even more reasons. Of course, private/ non private would almost certainly have to be excluded .. for also obvious reasons.

Maybe you could just add a "random choice" option to EACH line? That way you could go through and pick "random" for any choice about which you don't care.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Random Option for creating games

Postby Inhuman14 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:15 am

Concise description:
  • This proposal would entail creating a random option for the game creator.

Specifics:
  • This will add a bit of fun for the player that like the thought of being excellent on any map, with any settings (assassin, terminator, cards/no cards, doubles,triples, etc.
  • This will provide for some interesting arrangements - 8 player Doodle Map Quadruples, 8 players on 8 Thoughts Terminator, etc.
  • This will also be a good way to introduce people to maps they haven't seen before.
  • People complaining about the type of gameplay should suck it up and remember what they signed up for - randomness.
  • Maybe a "randomize teams" option should be created.
  • I'm of the opinion that it will revolutionize clan wars, as a clan bragging about being able to tackle everyone, every map, every type will now be able to do so.
  • I think that if implemented there should be a random box for each separate type, so people can still have some control over the type of game if they wish.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • gameplay

*edit damn this was already suggested, I just missed it.
Ideas in progress:
Average points count of enemies in profile page
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=70340&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Corporal Inhuman14

Re: Random Option for creating games

Postby blakebowling on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:30 am

NO, Just choose random settings, or give your password to me and I'll create some random games for you.
Private blakebowling

Re: Random Option for creating games

Postby cicero on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:34 pm

As noted by Inhuman14 in his edited original post this has already been suggested.

The original suggestion Random Map/Game Button *To-do* is marked to-do.

Please continue the discussion in that thread.

Cicero

[Locked]
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

More random options

Postby KernowWarrior on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:27 am

Love the random map option, any chance of extending it to spoils, reinforcement and fog also.

Would make the game more random.
Major KernowWarrior

Next

Return to Suggestions