Conquer Club

Colosseum - split 'players' list into 2 columns

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Colosseum - split 'players' list into 2 columns

Postby Greeboski on Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:38 am

Concise description:
  • as per subject

Specifics/Details:
  • with a 50 player list it takes a lot of zoom out to see the map and highlight a player inorder to see where their troops actualy are. at this point reading numbers is not possible.
  • i propose that there be a split list option where two columns are placed to the right of the map insted of one , reducing the virtical distance.
  • this will not be a perfect solution as some zoom is still needed for the 25th player , but it will become a manageable scenario

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • this would make the battle royale easyer to see what players have on the map
  • it would be one less reason for players never want to play again/deadbeat
Captain Greeboski

Re: Colosseum - split 'players' list into 2 columns

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:54 am

Yes please.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:23 am

If we had an administration with a ton of time, sure, this would be a fantastic idea.

But in reality, a small amount of players ever play battle royale games. And most of the time, half the players are out before Round 4, limiting the expanse of this idea even further. Yes, it is frustrating, I understand that, I've dealt with it too. It just may simply not be worth it.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:41 am

Well, it may be technically too difficult.

However, it is definitely worth doing if it can be.

I'll say "agree" with the suggestion, although I will remain cautious about the possibility of it ever being implemented.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Greeboski on Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:55 am

JamesKer1 wrote:If we had an administration with a ton of time, sure, this would be a fantastic idea.

But in reality, a small amount of players ever play battle royale games. And most of the time, half the players are out before Round 4, limiting the expanse of this idea even further. Yes, it is frustrating, I understand that, I've dealt with it too. It just may simply not be worth it.

the generic page layout has been changed in one way or another a few times in the last year . we had ineveneries added , surely splitting an output of players cant be that time consumeing. also all the other info in that coloum look as tho it would benifit as well , giving the game/round on one line and the time remaining also allowing more description of troopp bonuses if so desired.

yes filling games takes a while and there are few repete customers (who can only enter one game a month) ..... prehaps the interface has something to do with it ?

certainly round 4 for 50% is a tad excessive , but i will go with that as i cant see all the data. very interesting that you went for round 4 not 3 . while in a game with spoiles that is posibly the case , but for non spoils games this would meen that people are trying to play and give up after their first round ..... interface problem ?

not worth it ? to fix a blaitent problem thats making a restricted access map unapealing to complete a game on ?
thats exactly why i sugested something that should take under 30 mins to do. it might not be the total answer to players dropping games , but then we cant start changing real life ... can we O:) ?
Captain Greeboski

Return to Suggestions