Conquer Club

Allow for a custom number of chained reinforcement movements

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Re:

Postby Cosmical on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:43 pm

Dukasaur wrote:The "more important issues" are being addressed. I'm not as pessimistic as you about those, but I won't address that here since I've addressed it quite extensively in other places.

But there's no reason why we can't have small incremental improvements to the basic game even while we know that those alone won't fix what ails the site. To say that another reinforcement option won't save the site and therefore should be avoided, is a bit like saying that brushing your teeth won't cure liver cancer and therefore you should stop brushing your teeth while you wait for your surgery. In fact, the opposite is true: people who continue to try to improve their lives in small ways while waiting for life-saving surgery are the ones who are more likely to pull through. Giving up and saying "none of this matters anyway" becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Thank you! I do not believe that this change would save the site. That would be ridiculous. Dukasaur, you captured how I feel about the naysayers on this thread that there is no reason to implement changes that are similar to this one. There is! Improve the game for those who do not leave.

BigBallinStalin wrote:You disagree because you're blind to the reality and are also highly self-interested in seeing your feature get passed--while the costs get passed onto everyone else.

What costs?
Corporal Cosmical

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:30 pm

Opportunity cost: the value of foregone suggestions or whatever the 2nd most valued alternative may be.

You get the benefits directly, everyone eats the consequences. Pretty simple concept. It applies to democracies as well.

Duk, you're not being rational. Your post is ridiculous. The two strawman fallacies are cute.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:41 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Opportunity cost: the value of foregone suggestions or whatever the 2nd most valued alternative may be.

You get the benefits directly, everyone eats the consequences. Pretty simple concept. It applies to democracies as well.

Duk, you're not being rational. Your post is ridiculous. The two strawman fallacies are cute.

No, you're not being rational.

Boiled down to its essence, your position is "we have major problems, therefore it's wrong to do anything to make small improvements." That's not a strawman, that's a pretty fair summation of what you said. (If I'm wrong about that, then please make me understand what your position is.)

I have too much debt. My feet are cold. By your logic, I'm not allowed to go put socks on until after I have paid my debts.

My city has some major problems with the sewer system. The ash can outside of city hall is overflowing. By your logic, nobody should go empty the ash can until after the sewers have been rebuilt.

Work any number of examples and you see how ridiculous your position is.

The site has major problems, yes. They are being worked on, yes. It's admin-level stuff that most of us can't do anything about. Meanwhile, there's nothing wrong with the members putting their heads together and devising small improvements that can be made to the site. Your attempts to discourage them are, well, discouraging.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby owenshooter on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Dukasaur wrote:The site has major problems, yes. They are being worked on, yes. It's admin-level stuff that most of us can't do anything about. Meanwhile, there's nothing wrong with the members putting their heads together and devising small improvements that can be made to the site. Your attempts to discourage them are, well, discouraging.

members have always tried to help CC out with ideas... hell, members love this place enough to VOLUNTEER FOR FREE to work for team CC... but his suggestion was more of a "this will make my experience more enjoyable" as opposed to a general idea that will make game play better for everyone... and as far as discouraging... team CC does a great job of that too, or has in the past. just noticed the monthly, 1/2 year and year premium options... you know, an idea that was floated way back when lack was the owner, and at every owner since then... thank goodness someone finally listened... anyway, the OP admitted this wasn't a site saving or earth shattering idea, so he pretty much agrees with us... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Cosmical on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:29 am

I don't agree with you. I agree with Dukasaur that just because there is a bigger problem of membership, doesn't mean that small changes are not worth the while. I also don't think I would be the only one that would appreciate this change. A couple of people said they would like it too. I don't know how many people check out this section of the forums so I don't know what kind of response to expect from a well supported idea.
Corporal Cosmical

Previous

Return to Suggestions