Conquer Club

Highlight territories from the chatbox

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Highlight territories from the chatbox

Postby Dualta on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:43 pm

Concise description:
  • By hovering the cursor over a territory name which has been typed into the chatbox, the territory would be highlighted on the map

Specifics/Details:
  • The territory would be highlighted on the map.
    Bordering territories would also be highlighted.
    The relationship with the bordering territories would also be highlighted, i.e. borders or bombards

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It would make the navigation of large, new and/or complicated maps easier.
    This, in turn, might encourage players to play new maps.
    It would make complicated tactics discussions involving several territories easier to read.
    And, by no means least, it would simply make life easier for those of us with weak eyesight, improving accessibility to the game and increasing enjoyment thereof :D .
Brigadier Dualta

Re: Make my life easier... i can't turn on settings...

Postby owenshooter on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:14 pm

you can have all the territories listed with a setting on the control panel... they are in alphabetical order... if you hover over it, it shows it... soooo, why not just turn that on instead of asking for unnecessary coding?-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dualta on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:15 pm

owenshooter wrote:you can have all the territories listed with a setting on the control panel... they are in alphabetical order... if you hover over it, it shows it... soooo, why not just turn that on instead of asking for unnecessary coding?-Jésus noir

Does it highlight the territory on the map?
Brigadier Dualta

Postby JamesKer1 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:54 pm

owenshooter wrote:you can have all the territories listed with a setting on the control panel... they are in alphabetical order... if you hover over it, it shows it... soooo, why not just turn that on instead of asking for unnecessary coding?-Jésus noir

I remember seeing something like this at some point with panels, but I could not quickly find it at this moment. Continent bonuses are listed under map panel, but not individual territories. Could you point Dualta and myself towards it? Also, are you 100% sure this isn't a BOB thing or some other add-on?

I like the suggestion either way though. Maybe something for the log as well, just in case there is a hard to spell territory that is being fought over?
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby owenshooter on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:34 am

Dualta wrote:

yes, it does... you can even hover over a username and it will highlight all their territories as well... you can hover over a listed bonus and it highlights all of the bonus area, regardless of who holds what in the region... all of that is in panels... good luck...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: Highlight territories from the chatbox

Postby Dualta on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:08 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Dualta wrote:

I can't see the setting in the control panel which creates an alphabetical list of territories. Can you tell me exactly where to find it? Thanks.

yes, it does... you can even hover over a username and it will highlight all their territories as well... you can hover over a listed bonus and it highlights all of the bonus area, regardless of who holds what in the region... all of that is in panels... good luck...-Jésus noir
Brigadier Dualta

Return to Suggestions