Conquer Club

FREEMIE UPGRADE

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

FREEMIE UPGRADE

Postby BabySasuke on Fri May 01, 2020 5:24 pm

LET FREEMIES INVITE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously you know how many people leave this site the second they realize they cant sign up with friends and test it out...............................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................................
Captain BabySasuke

Re: FREEMIE UPGRADE

Postby rx_o on Mon May 04, 2020 10:59 pm

hmm..
how about Starting password protected games?
Colonel rx_o

Postby DBandit70 on Fri May 08, 2020 12:40 pm

rx_o wrote:hmm..
how about Starting password protected games?

have to be premium, I believe
Major DBandit70

Postby Hooch on Fri May 08, 2020 9:55 pm

I agree.
Get it in GC and in Guide games often:
"How do I invite my friends?"
Or "how do we quit this game?"
Or "Can you(Not me) leave, we are waiting for a friend."
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby DBandit70 on Sun May 10, 2020 2:15 pm

Hooch wrote:I agree.
Get it in GC and in Guide games often:
"How do I invite my friends?"
Or "how do we quit this game?"
Or "Can you(Not me) leave, we are waiting for a friend."

yea I hate when I can't answer the question the new recruits ask
Major DBandit70

Postby BabySasuke on Sat May 16, 2020 10:31 am

seen it far to many times
Captain BabySasuke

Postby TeeGee on Sun May 17, 2020 12:45 am

I very much like this suggestion..
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby BabySasuke on Sun May 17, 2020 9:24 am

TeeGee wrote:I very much like this suggestion..

the retention would be so much higher, 4 randoms join the site to test it out because they are bored at home and stumped across online risk, they come here, expecting all 4 can join a game and RT it,... chances are they wanted to have a board game of risk, but with out invites this makes it nearly impossible for them to figure the initial step of the site... they only have one thing in mind and that is RT with there mates, not all the other shit that comes with CC, even if 3 of the 4 friends didnt like the site after the game, the other might stick around and search... but as it stands we encourage them to leave and find a website that gives them the satisfaction of playing a classic risk game in RT with there mates

i dont see how it would HURT the site or the perks of Premie's

please please let freemies invite
Captain BabySasuke

Postby TeeGee on Tue May 19, 2020 5:44 am

I have been consulting with the big brass on this one and found out something I wasn't even aware of.

Freemiums can use the invite feature.

Yes, there is a catch.. They can not invite by username, but they can invite by email (Yes, this option is also available to premiums too)

Other things about inviting by email

1. You can invite non members to join your game on conquer club
2. It doesn't matter if the person hasn't played in the last 30 days like it does with usernames
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Mad777 on Tue May 19, 2020 7:15 am

TeeGee wrote:I have been consulting with the big brass on this one and found out something I wasn't even aware of.

Yes, there is a catch.. They can not invite by username, but they can invite by email (Yes, this option is also available to premiums too)

2. It doesn't matter if the person hasn't played in the last 30 days like it does with usernames

Would be cool to have a dedicated topic with step by step instructions how to do this, i’m sure several members would use this to gather friends, me included.

Perhaps a sticky topic in the CC Discussion Forum?
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby BabySasuke on Tue May 19, 2020 12:23 pm

TeeGee wrote:I have been consulting with the big brass on this one and found out something I wasn't even aware of.

i knew that this could be done via email, but this ADDS an extra layer of steps to people who are trying to get a EASY and FAST real time with friends (generally speaking)

the email feature adds an extra layer, and what if emails are turned off or sent to a spam email anyways... we need to SIMPLIFY how NR's interact with tthe site, not expect them to figure it out, find forums and guidance, the plain invite feature should be allowed...

what is the reason that freemies can NOT use this feature? why is it premie only? this also means i need to know a list of emails if i was new.... WAY TO MUCH WORK lol
Captain BabySasuke

Postby Shannon Apple on Wed May 20, 2020 2:16 pm

I agree with this suggestion. When I returned a couple of days ago, I ran into this very problem. "Wait, why can't I send invites?" Of course I realised shortly after that I could just create the game and send the game number to my friend. A newbie wouldn't know this.

The ability is already there to invite a friend to a game you create as a freemium, but why not make it easier. If they want to play more simultaneous games, they'll buy premium.

I didn't even know about the invite by email thing, not that I'd have used it anyways. Very few people use email nowadays for communicating outside of the work environment. If someone is trying to invite someone to their game, they'll already have encouraged them to sign up in most instances. Most new people will want to play... NOW!

I didn't join CC on my own, I was invited here. I was told to sign up first, and then sent a "Quick, join this game before someone else does" in the Skype chat. Anyone I've invited to CC was via chatrooms for other games, forums, etc... word of mouth, basically.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby riskllama on Wed May 20, 2020 4:59 pm

very true, Shannon. also, instead of giving each NR enough credits to purchase a pack of speed games, why not just give them the speed games right off the get go?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Fudoh on Thu May 21, 2020 12:29 pm

hi, long time freemie here(apologies)
i never knew i could even invite ppl at all till this i saw this! but sending email invites is very old school
and i also agree that making it easier to reserve a slot in a game for a friend would make it easier convince new ppl to join the cult
Colonel Fudoh

Postby BabySasuke on Thu May 21, 2020 4:48 pm

Fudoh wrote:hi, long time freemie here(apologies)
i never knew i could even invite ppl at all till this i saw this! but sending email invites is very old school
and i also agree that making it easier to reserve a slot in a game for a friend would make it easier convince new ppl to join the cult

yeah i think the reserving is the biggest thing that is important here. cheers never apologize for not spending money mate

cheers
Captain BabySasuke

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Thu May 28, 2020 1:10 pm

doesnt apply to me but this seems like a really good idea. if i were just checking this out, looking for a game of risk with buddies and couldnt invite them to the game without doing it via email, my response would likely be "wtf, this site is bunk, let's find somewhere else". agree w jack, i dont think it affects premium members at all - who signs up for premium so they can send invites? we pay to play more games and open up all game options. would have assumed all members could invite a player, didnt even know that was a perk of premium, tbh.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby riskllama on Thu May 28, 2020 1:24 pm

yep, hurts new player retention rate big time.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Hooch on Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:57 pm

Cheers, I will pass this sagely advice on to the NR's when asked.

But I must say it'd be easier if they could just JDI it.
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby Hooch on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:01 am

riskllama wrote:very true, Shannon. also, instead of giving each NR enough credits to purchase a pack of speed games, why not just give them the speed games right off the get go?

+1
It is easier to type Thortoth than spigotblister@yahoo.com too.
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby BabySasuke on Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:41 pm

Hooch wrote:It is easier to type Thortoth than spigotblister@yahoo.com too.

also friends list has a purpose
Captain BabySasuke

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:27 am

Also support this suggestion.

Given it seems to be overwhelmingly popular with the people responding to it, I think we can look forward to it lingering at the top of Suggestions for at least 2x as long as usual before it sinks into oblivion.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby BabySasuke on Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:04 pm

let them invite, scumlords
Captain BabySasuke

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:11 pm

agree with invite

SINCE NEITHER invite by e mail nor texting friend to search by game # in listed in they "how to invite "tab, you imply that it CANT BE DONE

The Game<
Overview
Taking a Turn
Game Options
Score, Ranking and Medals
Ratings
Gameplay
Invites & Requests....
Invitations
You can invite players to existing games, either when you initially create the game in the Start A Game form, or after the game is created from your Waiting Tab by clicking Invite next to the corresponding game.

Once you invite a player to a game the slot you invite them in is reserved for them. They are sent a private message and, if their player settings allow, an email. If they accept the invitation they are placed into the game. If they decline the invitation the slot is emptied.

Invitations expire after 24 hours.

If your player settings allow you will be notified via email when an invitation is dropped or expires.
Game Requests
A Game Request is a request for a game that exists without the game itself being created. Game Requests go into a queue, and are matched up via a matching algorithm, so that the moment there are enough requests for a particiular type of game, that game can be started.

Game Requests appear on the Requests Tab in Central Command.

Current uses for Game Requests include: •Start games with new recruits, via "Guide Games" (described below).
•Start Scenarios that involve multiple human players.
•Submit a Direct Game Request for a game involving some combination of settings to your liking.

Guide Games
Guide Games are games played on the request of a new recruit when they initially sign up. The idea is to start a game quickly, with humans, and give the new recruit the best introduction to the club possible.

The following describes Guide Games:
•On Classic map with default settings. The only variable settings will be the number of players and Casual/Speed.
•A new recruit is given first turn.
•1 or more new recruits may be in the game, and 1 or more Guides.
•Score no points.
•If all new recruits have been eliminated from the game the system will end the game.
•Guides (non new recruits) are given an inventory reward per game, and are eligible for other rewards described on the Society of

SINCE NEITHER invite by e mail to telling them to search by game # in listed in they "how to invite "tab, you imply that it CANT BE DONE
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
General t4mcr53s2

Postby Shannon Apple on Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:52 pm

t4mcr53s2 wrote:SINCE NEITHER invite by e mail to telling them to search by game # in listed in they "how to invite "tab, you imply that it CANT BE DONE

Even if it was mentioned, I doubt it would be much help to a lot of people, especially younger people. If we don't have email addresses for our friends, how can we invite them that way? It would require contacting them through another means and asking them for their email. Most people would sod off rather than bother jumping through some extra steps. =)

They need to be able to reserve and send an invite link through whatever social channel they use. That might mean opening up private games to NRs, but why not? Why not allow them to invite potential new members to private games. It won't hurt the site and we might retain more of them.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby riskllama on Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:13 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:
t4mcr53s2 wrote:SINCE NEITHER invite by e mail to telling them to search by game # in listed in they "how to invite "tab, you imply that it CANT BE DONE

Even if it was mentioned, I doubt it would be much help to a lot of people, especially younger people. If we don't have email addresses for our friends, how can we invite them that way? It would require contacting them through another means and asking them for their email. Most people would sod off rather than bother jumping through some extra steps. =)

They need to be able to reserve and send an invite link through whatever social channel they use. That might mean opening up private games to NRs, but why not? Why not allow them to invite potential new members to private games. It won't hurt the site and we might retain more of them.

would certainly beat doing absolutely nothing to try & keep some of the latest batch of NR's... :?
Lieutenant riskllama

Next

Return to Suggestions