Conquer Club

FREEMIE UPGRADE

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: FREEMIE UPGRADE

Postby mrswdk on Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:55 am

Shannon Apple wrote:
t4mcr53s2 wrote:SINCE NEITHER invite by e mail to telling them to search by game # in listed in they "how to invite "tab, you imply that it CANT BE DONE

Even if it was mentioned, I doubt it would be much help to a lot of people, especially younger people. If we don't have email addresses for our friends, how can we invite them that way? It would require contacting them through another means and asking them for their email. Most people would sod off rather than bother jumping through some extra steps. =)

They need to be able to reserve and send an invite link through whatever social channel they use. That might mean opening up private games to NRs, but why not? Why not allow them to invite potential new members to private games. It won't hurt the site and we might retain more of them.

Yeah you could literally just have private games and people could then share their invite link. Or get their friend to make a CC account and then they just invite the CC account.

If I was a new recruit and I joined CC in order to play risk with my friends online, made a game, and then found half the people who'd joined were randoms, I'd just deadbeat and go find something else to do.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:33 pm

mrswdk wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:
t4mcr53s2 wrote:SINCE NEITHER invite by e mail to telling them to search by game # in listed in they "how to invite "tab, you imply that it CANT BE DONE

Even if it was mentioned, I doubt it would be much help to a lot of people, especially younger people. If we don't have email addresses for our friends, how can we invite them that way? It would require contacting them through another means and asking them for their email. Most people would sod off rather than bother jumping through some extra steps. =)

They need to be able to reserve and send an invite link through whatever social channel they use. That might mean opening up private games to NRs, but why not? Why not allow them to invite potential new members to private games. It won't hurt the site and we might retain more of them.

Yeah you could literally just have private games and people could then share their invite link. Or get their friend to make a CC account and then they just invite the CC account.

If I was a new recruit and I joined CC in order to play risk with my friends online, made a game, and then found half the people who'd joined were randoms, I'd just deadbeat and go find something else to do.

if i had a nickel for every time i've seen this happen in GC, i bet i'd be a rich as 'ol zeke is. c'mon team CC, do something to try & make it easier for NR's to stick around for more than 5 minutes... :roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby riskllama on Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:03 am

just told my second NR of the day where & how to redeem his credits for speed games. there's gotta be a better way...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:33 am

I wanted to add this here as I added it to general chat, but think Webmaster and Co could stand to see it as well. Please note that while all businesses are different, most websites all share one thing in common and that is the effect UX (User Experience) has on their userbase. For those who are unfamiliar with the topic, a quick explanation of User Experience is that its about how much friction there is between a user and them doing what they want/need to do. In the case of gambling, gaming, news sites, and other academic resources this is a very important thing to capitalize on as you need enough friction for the user to want the improved experience (where you make your money) and for them to gain enough value/understand what it's like to be a paying customer.

User Experience is often confused with UI (User Interface). This is typically referencing the actual face of the website. The literal design implementation and how the site "looks". Please do not get the two confused, you can have an excellent UX without what 95% of people would say is a good UI. CC has good UX in some ways, poor in others.

Now to the main point:
"Invites to other players for freemium (is) the single biggest/easiest improvement to the site. If freemiums can invite other players in the game to a match, way easier, more simple and reduces friction to playing with friends"

(which is a HUGE motivator for how communities grow).

Why do you think other multiplayer titles like fortnight grew so quickly? Its because people can play with their friends. Heck, I'd be gone if it weren't for all the people I met. I played for a long time before I could steal my parent's credit cards to pay for premium and I almost left due to invites not being able to play with my friends on free accounts. I would have not come back 3 years later. Someone I met on the site gifted me premium, that's the first thing that kept me here. Sadly, I didn't get premium until well after my friends had tried the site and left because of how "tedious" it was to play on a team together.

"In the UX world, that is what people pay thousands of dollars (literally) to have their website changed so that it is friendly to users. A user-friendly site has much higher retention and sale rate. Products of lower quality can sell for higher prices when things look and feel good"

I think this speaks for itself we see it all the time, people buy a brand. This also works for websites, people will pay for things they feel are smooth. The user experience for a starting user is not smooth and the most often asked question I see is "How can I play with my friends? Can you leave so my friend can join? They weren't fast enough". I've even seen someone with 4 games filled, trying to get all people to leave so they can play with their friend. That person db and never came back. There is no guarantee they would have stayed, but we certainly know they didn't and for many people it only takes one reason. If its more work than it's worth: "I'm out". And it doesn't take much to cause that.

"The same is certainly true for CC, the more friction you put on users, the less likely they are to stay. That's why features like 1 week of free premium etc, work so well on many sites. Sure you just gave away free value for a week, but getting to understand the full experience instead of some clunky free substitute is important. For example, we allow freemiums to play many game types that's a premium feature but what we do is limit their games. That is a GREAT example of how to allow full experience but limit the player"

Letting users know what premium is like is important. We already effectively do that with game limitations. We don't do it well with speed games, and we don't do it well with how users will get to play with their friends. When I spoke of balance before, this is where that comes in. If inviting friends inside your own site is truly a premium feature, we should still find a way for the freemium to experience the premium feature. This could even be only allowing invites of up to 3 players, or only allowing invites to your team etc.
Please note I am NOT saying the answer is to give 1 week of premium to every new account. I'm highlighting why many places choose to do so over a freemium experience. Generally its because there is no substitute for the real thing they offer so its best to offer it in full, or not at all. Giving users a chance to try it achieves this balance.

No one is trying to dissuade people from becoming premium. The opposite. As the main users we see how our friends, families and other randoms get upset and leave due to limited features or not even knowing what using a feature they want, would be like.

I'll close with this to reiterate HOW effective small UX changes can be. I did a job for one company where they gave me 40 hours to improve their site. The first 30 was a tech upgrade to move it to a different framework (it was a super small web app). Another 4 hours were checkups, meetings and some design changes I proposed. I implemented 3 changes across 6 hours and provided and a-b-c version of the new page. When all was said and done, literally changing the shape and color of a button, and changing the highlighting/colors/background of some text inputs, the site started making 2-3x more leads a week to this day. They spent 40 hours of time and recouped that money in 2 weeks based on the increase. I'm not saying that adding invites to freemium gets you there. But I'm stressing the importance of minor changes.
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby riskllama on Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:00 pm

well said, swimmer... =D> . agree 100%.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby BabySasuke on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:20 pm

let freemies invite, bigwham.
Captain BabySasuke

Postby 2dimes on Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:05 pm

It should increase advertising revenue.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:46 pm

+1 find a solutionplus another =
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
General t4mcr53s2

Postby BabySasuke on Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:23 pm

come on
Captain BabySasuke

Postby Maxleod on Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:06 pm

Give them speed games. Like one speed game/day. That's what they want. And you want them to come back and stay. It's a win/win.
Lieutenant Maxleod

Location: DARDIS (Drunkness And Relative Dimensions In Sleep)

Postby 2dimes on Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:52 pm

BabySasuke wrote:come on

man
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby BabySasuke on Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:55 pm

5.7k views but still dick all happening
Captain BabySasuke

Postby BabySasuke on Fri May 07, 2021 8:22 pm

bump
Captain BabySasuke

Postby Fewnix on Sun May 09, 2021 1:25 am

Sounds good.
Rule 1
show
Lieutenant Fewnix

Postby Hooch on Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:21 am

Here for a view
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby BabySasuke on Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:52 pm

bump
Captain BabySasuke

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:18 am

Please help grow this site that we all love.
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Deanos75 on Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:53 pm

Hi

What gets people upgrading (freemium to paying member) is the addiction.

Maybe the site owner does not play and this is lost on him/her. For those addicted, 4 games is never enough so this is really the only restriction you need. Every other feature - speed, invites etc could be made free. Keep people longer, then they get addicted and pay.

More money for the owner, more players, active games giving players more choice...win win.

Cheers

Dean
Brigadier Deanos75

Postby Shoe555 on Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:51 am

Deanos75 wrote:Hi

What gets people upgrading (freemium to paying member) is the addiction.

Maybe the site owner does not play and this is lost on him/her. For those addicted, 4 games is never enough so this is really the only restriction you need. Every other feature - speed, invites etc could be made free. Keep people longer, then they get addicted and pay.

More money for the owner, more players, active games giving players more choice...win win.

Cheers

Dean

I agree, give the freemium player more than 4 games and invites.
Major Shoe555

Postby BabySasuke on Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:11 am

let the freemies live a little!

Last bumped by BabySasuke on Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:11 am.
Captain BabySasuke

Previous

Return to Suggestions