Conquer Club

random map grouping

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

random map grouping

Postby BabySasuke on Fri May 29, 2020 11:10 am

Concise description:
  • grouping a selected amount of random maps

Specifics/Details:
  • instead of random map being all the maps on the site, allow a feature to select a certain amount of maps to randomize from and select those maps

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • if playing random map feature you dont really wanna get stuck on some shit tiny map when youre playing trips or quads, would be sweet to have a grouping that you use to deselect the maps you dont want to play for those settings of random
  • benefits of still having a random map selected i still like random map but i dont like alot of maps certain times
  • fun
Captain BabySasuke

Re: random map grouping

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Fri May 29, 2020 3:49 pm

I don't see how this would be that practical, since the person joining your game wouldn't know what maps you picked to randomize, and they maybe wouldn't care for some of your maps you chose to be random.

If you're think more of searching for active games, you can select multiple maps to search games for (Hold CTRL on Windows).
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby BabySasuke on Fri May 29, 2020 3:53 pm

yeah it would ofc need a feature to show what maps are selected, probably the hardest part of it would be these lists and how and where to display them

in addition tho people could privately agree on lists and un a set of like 7 games on them, but a choice of 20 maps or more, and neither party picks which 7 show up, but have 20 that randomizes, idn just think itd be fun
Captain BabySasuke

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat May 30, 2020 12:46 pm

Would it be possible to just disqualify certain maps, for example, Doodle Earth from trips and quads random selection. I think that would solve a lot of the issues with this.

If you pull Doodle Earth in a quads match, the team who goes first is going to win, unless they get really unlucky and their dice are crap for the first couple of turns.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Kevi on Sat May 30, 2020 8:46 pm

gimme a drop of 17 on Pearl Harbour and I'll whup anybody's ass.
Captain Kevi

Postby Yynatago on Sun May 31, 2020 8:13 pm

Even a "Random Small", "Random Large", and "Random Simple" which has a suitable sub selection of maps. "Random Beta" would be a fun evolving selection.
Colonel Yynatago

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:01 pm

random map already cycles through certain maps, it doesn't randomly pick from all available maps, so just wait until you like the maps in cycle and spam some games
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby i-andrei on Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:27 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:random map already cycles through certain maps, it doesn't randomly pick from all available maps, so just wait until you like the maps in cycle and spam some games

How/where can you see that?
Major i-andrei

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:00 am

there's nothing confirmed, just like there isn't with the dice, but if you play enough you'll see it. i can start 10 random games and 3 will be on the same map, then i do it again a month later and i'll get 3 of 1 map again (although obviously a different map this time). it 100% goes through some kind of cycle

i'm pretty sure auto tournaments use the same random generator too because i will have 3 tournaments for example all start, and i'll be against the same person in all 3, and that's not uncommon either

basically CC uses the same dogshit random programme for everything and it's not very good
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Darkest Knight on Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:00 pm

I think just have an option to take out some maps like hive maybe or some other ones when you do random... like Sharon Apple said.
Sergeant Darkest Knight

Return to Suggestions