Conquer Club

Game Option to have Secret Alliances - One to One chat like

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Game Option to have Secret Alliances - One to One chat like

Postby ChipWiley on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:59 am

It would be cool to have a game option where you can chat directly to other players without the whole game seeing it like in team games. The nice thing would be everyone knows it is a game option where secret alliances are ok and NOT frowned upon. This would add a new dimension of game play and be pretty fun.
Major ChipWiley

Re: Game Option to have Secret Alliances - One to One chat l

Postby Kotaro on Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:32 pm

I highly doubt the powers that be would ever let this be a game option. However, if you think team games inside of free for alls are fun, more power to ya!
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:16 pm

ChipWiley wrote:It would be cool to have a game option where you can chat directly to other players without the whole game seeing it like in team games. The nice thing would be everyone knows it is a game option where secret alliances are ok and NOT frowned upon. This would add a new dimension of game play and be pretty fun.

A troll setting? Legal cheating? Really? Whether you realise it or not, you're basically asking for a setting that allows for massive abuse of the game that includes farming of newer/ returning players that don't realise it's a thing.

Two people could easily team up in secret, create a ton of singles games together and swindle many, many unsuspecting people out of their points. That's a big red flag to me and would lead to a lot of C&A reports.

There's a reason this kind of thing is against the rules in the first place. If you want to team up and have secret diplomacy, play team games.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :-k

Wtf.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby .SCuD. on Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:36 am

I like this idea conceptually. It would be fun to have games where you know that secret diplomacy is allowed. It would certainly add something.

Sadly it would take quite a lot to implement, I think, and is unlikely to be of interest to enough people to be an idea that passes. Basically, it's just never going to be a high enough priority.
Best position - >>>> over there >>>>
Current position - here
Colonel .SCuD.

Postby i-andrei on Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:10 am

Yeah I think you can do campaigns with no scoring and discuss on mail. That's allowed imho.
Major i-andrei

Postby HardAttack on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:39 am

A game option to allow S.A. is certainly going to create farming issues.
I see two clusters, hunters and hunteds...
Hunteds, playing couple of games to realise they are being cheated then will stop playing this new game type, but new recruits certainly going to be targetted. No matter what the scoring system call it a player with 5 finished games is no more a NR, i disagree and see a player is still a NR with 150-200 completed games.

S.A. serves to chase and eleminate players standing alone w/out S.A. easily to reduce and invert, for example a 8 players game into 1v1 which will abuse scoring system...

I suggest you to create your message group and seriously avoid adding players with less than 500 completed games into your message group, explain them that certain private / non-public games you created are going to let S.A. and ask them to join as long as they are comfortable with it and as long as they guarantee that they are not going to file a report, then send pw to them to join. If you can find such an optimism to be welcomed by some society, which implicitly to mean point domination to you, go ahead then, lol.

I never pay respect over secret alliances, it is cheap in my book. I courage the player in a multiplayer game doing secret diplomacy to face me in a team game instead...

Good luck.
Last edited by HardAttack on Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:18 am, edited 9 times in total.
Colonel HardAttack

Postby mrswdk on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:58 am

Shannon Apple wrote:Two people could easily team up in secret, create a ton of singles games together and swindle many, many unsuspecting people out of their points.

If they're teaming up in order to take advantage of a large number of people then they won't be organising that in game chat.

CC has so many weird settings and maps that the only way to stop newer people being farmed is having point-free games until they've been on the site a reasonable while. Most open games on game finder are already just clan nerds lurking on weird maps.

Although it's still a stupid idea.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:03 pm

theres an old board game that already does this called diplomacy ….

I would never play a cc game allowing secret alliances but I think critics may miss the point

powers that be could just decide to allow these games IF and Only IF they were TITLED/ Passworded " Secret alliances allowed ", and you had to go to a link to get the PW and link said expect that all the other players are aligned against you …

I think there might be some cluse friends whio might want this kind of came like a group of global chatters, or a group of housemates, for the backstabbing, MAFIA game, Survivor TV show flavor

not my cup of tea though
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
General t4mcr53s2

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:18 pm

t4mcr53s2 wrote:theres an old board game that already does this called diplomacy ….

I would never play a cc game allowing secret alliances but I think critics may miss the point

powers that be could just decide to allow these games IF and Only IF they were TITLED/ Passworded " Secret alliances allowed ", and you had to go to a link to get the PW and link said expect that all the other players are aligned against you …

I think there might be some cluse friends whio might want this kind of came like a group of global chatters, or a group of housemates, for the backstabbing, MAFIA game, Survivor TV show flavor

not my cup of tea though

Yeah, and even that makes it sound pretty specific.

Right now, there would be nothing stopping 8 real life friends, or close CC friends from getting together and playing a private/passworded game exactly like this, where everyone is in on it. Who's going to report such a game? So long as people aren't deliberately throwing games to bump up someone's points, I doubt it would draw much attention. I can't see many people wanting to do that in the first place, but if they did, I'm not sure anyone would care.

When strangers are brought into the equation, that's where the trouble starts and the C&A reports would be rolling in. I could honestly see it bringing about a culture of secret diplomacy in regular games as well. Can you just imagine the drama? :evil:
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby KoolBak on Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:56 am

Hell to the no.

*pukes in mouth*
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal KoolBak

Postby ChipWiley on Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:37 pm

Good comments. I didn't realize there was a thing called farming and that people had low enough self esteem to think their CC rating meant something.
Major ChipWiley

Postby jfm10 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:32 pm

Make them unscored games
Scenario ... call it cheating backstabbers
Cook jfm10

Postby Grizbr on Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:45 am

bad bad idea, if this became a thing bleeding over into all game I would likely stop playing mere.
Sergeant 1st Class Grizbr

Return to Suggestions