Conquer Club

Option to roll back timeline within each game would be very

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Option to roll back timeline within each game would be very

Postby Shooter_Jay on Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:40 am

More for the games that are finished, but also useful for current games, it would be cool to be able to roll-back in a timeline to see the progression of the game. The idea comes from just not knowing which game it was when the board is covered in one color.

I know you can figure it out from the game log, but it would be far simpler if there was a slider that let you see or even better simply animate on the board the progression of the game, whether just going back a few turns or replaying the whole game quickly. Maybe even a play button with a speed selection, next to the slider.
This is my sig...
Sergeant Shooter_Jay

Re: Option to roll back timeline within each game would be v

Postby BabySasuke on Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:39 pm

snapshots
Captain BabySasuke

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:52 pm

As Jack said, we already have this feature in the form of snapshots.

But since you have an old account, you're probably still using the old interface.

To enable snapshots, you need to switch to the panel interface in the settings menu (you'll find it under "Personal Menu" on the left panel). Then set autosnap to on. It will take a snapshot of the game after each of your turns allowing you to look back on who has what territory, etc. This is especially helpful in foggy games.

Yes, I know... panels are a pain in the ass to get used to, when you're used to one way of doing things. Took me a while to make the switch because I found it confusing as heck for a while. :lol:

I think you need the BOB userscript if you are not using panels? It's been a long, long time since I've used any of CC's userscripts, so can't remember. They can be found in the Third Party Tools section.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Shooter_Jay on Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:06 am

Shannon Apple wrote:As Jack said, we already have this feature in the form of snapshots.

But since you have an old account, you're probably still using the old interface.

To enable snapshots, you need to switch to the panel interface in the settings menu (you'll find it under "Personal Menu" on the left panel). Then set autosnap to on. It will take a snapshot of the game after each of your turns allowing you to look back on who has what territory, etc. This is especially helpful in foggy games.

Yes, I know... panels are a pain in the ass to get used to, when you're used to one way of doing things. Took me a while to make the switch because I found it confusing as heck for a while. :lol:

I think you need the BOB userscript if you are not using panels? It's been a long, long time since I've used any of CC's userscripts, so can't remember. They can be found in the Third Party Tools section.

Thank you. You are correct I was a holdover from before panel, I just enabled it, looks like a good step toward what I was saying, not as cool as my idea, but as useful likely I'm thinking, looking forwards to experiencing it.
This is my sig...
Sergeant Shooter_Jay

Return to Suggestions