Conquer Club

Part of the reason CC has been declining is that non-premium

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Part of the reason CC has been declining is that non-pre

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:47 pm

Aba wrote:I expect that the admins will have to take it from here.

Oh yes. Ultimately, I'm a member same as you. My opinion doesn't carry more weight than yours.

I was just giving you my perspective on how other games don't really affect the amount of time spent on CC. It all comes down to the "must log each day" problem. You can't really remedy that unless you play speed games, but restricting your game count is the workable and healthy compromise for most people.

Some good points in this thread though. I know they've tried things like the guide games to try and engage new users, but the vast majority of them don't even wait for those to fill. I'm sure the admins would appreciate a solid working idea for keeping people engaged for more than 30 seconds.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Aba on Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:43 pm

The ideas you have are all good, but they are beyond the scope of my suggestion.
Your opinion matters, but what needs to happen here is the businesspeople who run the website need to look at the suggestion described here and decide how it fits with their current strategy.
Feel free to voice your ideas :)
Lieutenant Aba

Postby Aba on Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:45 pm

Also, one last word about the idea of removing the limit of number of games for Non-Premiums.
It would do wonders for the site's reputation.
Instead of a bunch of complaints about the current state of the site, it would be people bragging about how great the people who run the site treat their members.
Food for thought.
Lieutenant Aba

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:55 am

Aba wrote:Also, one last word about the idea of removing the limit of number of games for Non-Premiums.
Instead of a bunch of complaints about the current state of the site, it would be people bragging about how great the people who run the site treat their members.
Food for thought.

I disagree :lol: Most people complaining will find another reason to complain. I see very few people complaining about game number. Most complaints are completely different (90% of them are dice related). The one point you made that I see as well is the missed turns thing. That can be really frustrating when you only have a few game slots.
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Aba on Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:15 am

Negativity is contageous!
Let me spread the good word :)
I agree with you on dice related posts, but unfortunately this feud has been going on for so many years on this site now that I almost feel like it's worse than a political debate.
There are the people on the left who think dice are random, and the people on the right who think the dice are not random, and they HATE each other :P !
Not getting off topic here, but I'm pretty sure that in any sort of programming language, it's impossible to create a truly random event.
It eventually repeats, no matter what!
Lieutenant Aba

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:24 pm

Swimmerdude99 wrote:
Aba wrote:Also, one last word about the idea of removing the limit of number of games for Non-Premiums.
Food for thought.

I disagree :lol: Most people complaining will find another reason to complain. I see very few people complaining about game number. Most complaints are completely different (90% of them are dice related). The one point you made that I see as well is the missed turns thing. That can be really frustrating when you only have a few game slots.

Haha... THIS! People will always find reasons to complain about something. You fix it, there's something else. You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. At the moment the biggest complaint is the dice, and it's not completely unwarranted. The dice can be streaky. But, it's simulated randomness, and you can't fix it without investing in an expensive AI. The only saving grace is that we all get the same shitty dice. :lol:

Unfortunately, the site needs income to stay running. I was an admin on a site that was just a forum. The running costs for that site were around $1500 per year, and that's just with forum content, nothing else. 120k accounts and 3.5 million posts. CC is bigger and it has the game that requires a lot more server space. The running costs are going to be a hell of a lot more. I couldn't possibly guess. It needs paid memberships and if you just give people unlimited access to play as many games as they like, that's it. Most people won't pay for premium and the site goes down anyway.

The issue for new members is getting them to stick around long enough to even take their first turn. That's if we're talking about new members, and not just freemiums in general. Premium membership is not that expensive in general for an entire year. When you compare to a few beers at the pub or something.

I do agree with the idea of giving them more games in a limited capacity like classic map only, but not just pulling the plug and giving them unlimited access to all maps, all settings. That would be counter-productive in keeping the site up and running. The admins won't do anything that seems unrealistic in terms of keeping the lights on at CC. You have to look at it from that standpoint too.

What can CC do to retain new members while still paying the bills etc.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Previous

Return to Suggestions