Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Rank limitations for games

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:47 pm

I've read a few of the other Suggestion threads for similar ideas. Weather or not this particular idea gets implemented, I don't care. But I'm really tired of being in games against low ranks where I have absolutely no chance to win, all I can do is sit there and watch my points disappear.

Some sort of limitation needs implemented, I can guarentee I'm not the only one fighting for it, and I'm not the only one that would use it.

I'd like to hear from some higher rank players, no offence intended to those who have posted already. I just want some opinions from the players who would use this option the most, if it was implemented.
Looking for a clan? Click here to send me a PM and find out how to join The Underworld! *Selective Recruitment*
Sergeant 1st Class Orange-Idaho-Dog

Postby Timur the Lame on Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Not sure if this really belongs here but theres a lot of predatory team games setup. People spam quadruples or triples and in all the cases its the same three high-ranking players on team one. Inevitably its only noobs that filll up the other team.

ASSUMING this isnt purposely setup noob farming, a rank option would allow a fairer match.

Any rank option would have to make sure that it didnt encourage noob-farming i.e. a cpt could set the rank limit to provate or whatever
Sergeant Timur the Lame

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Timur the Lame wrote:Any rank option would have to make sure that it didnt encourage noob-farming i.e. a cpt could set the rank limit to provate or whatever

If a Captain set the limit to Private; Private, Private 1st class, Corporal, Corporal 1st class, Sergeant, Sergeant 1st class, Lieutenant and Captain's could all join the game.

This would not assist noob farming anymore than setting up a regular game would, and it would deffinately help make games fairer for all.
Looking for a clan? Click here to send me a PM and find out how to join The Underworld! *Selective Recruitment*

Postby Tezu on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:17 pm

I think this is a great idea, setting a minimum and a maximum rank to join the game... This way newbs would be able to set a limit and not have to face majors or above for example... I know I used to avoid games with high ranking players when I was new, now I try to avoid low ranked ones...
But I know this suggestion has been rejected over and over again... admins say it protects against discriminating newbies, but it would also help protect newbies from farmers, or just from getting beat once and again by expert players...
Lieutenant Tezu

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Exactly, No one rank would benefit more than another from this being implemented. And if/when this is officially rejected, again, I think the Admin's should come up with a better idea, because I know a lot of players who want something along these lines put into place. Other wise there wouldn't be 10+ suggestion threads about it.

Postby rubenschtorm on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:53 am

could not a league table be done so that games are only available to people of theoretically even ability?i dont care who i play , im in the game simply because in my rural community there arent enough players to get a game together and am suffering withdrawals, and as a new recruit its a bit deceptive as ive played the board game quite a bit.
Private rubenschtorm

Postby Woodruff on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:54 am

Orange-Idaho-Dog wrote:Concise description:
  • Put a drop-down tab when starting a game to allow a player to set rank limitations as to who can join their game.

Specifics:
  • The default setting would be no restriction, so that you can still make games that anyone can join.
  • You would only be allowed to set a rank limitation up to your rank, IE. My current rank is Captain. I would be able to set a limitation so that only X to Captain can join my game, X being any rank lower than Captain.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • This will allow more equal games when it comes to experience, and prevent games such as a Terminator game with me vs 3 low ranks (corporal or lower) where I am immediately targeted by all 3 players and stand no chance to win what-so-ever, and end up losing 30+ points.
  • This would also help cut down on the current way to setup a rank-specific game; making a game with a password and waiting for who knows how long for players to reply asking for the password.

Before anyone says it, no amount of strategy or epic dice will prevail in a 3v1 situation, I don't care who you are.

Opinions?

This site is not interested at all in "fair", they are interested in "money". Sadly, they have come to the conclusion (wrongly, in my opinion) that this sort of an implementation would result in less "money", therefore it is rejected every time.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby AgentSmith88 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:22 am

Orange-Idaho-Dog wrote:Concise description:
  • Put a drop-down tab when starting a game to allow a player to set rank limitations as to who can join their game.

Specifics:
  • The default setting would be no restriction, so that you can still make games that anyone can join.
  • You would only be allowed to set a rank limitation up to your rank, IE. My current rank is Captain. I would be able to set a limitation so that only X to Captain can join my game, X being any rank lower than Captain.

• This will allow more equal games when it comes to experience, and prevent games such as a Terminator game with me vs 3 low ranks (corporal or lower) where I am immediately targeted by all 3 players and stand no chance to win what-so-ever, and end up losing 30+ points.
  • This would also help cut down on the current way to setup a rank-specific game; making a game with a password and waiting for who knows how long for players to reply asking for the password.

Before anyone says it, no amount of strategy or epic dice will prevail in a 3v1 situation, I don't care who you are.

Opinions?

You do realize that what you are suggesting would actually ONLY allow noobs to join, and not anyone above your rank. So what you are complaining about is actually all you will get.

I would LOVE to be able to keep out cooks and the like from joining games, but this isn't the first time this has been suggested in some form or another and it still has yet to be implemented. I'm sure the admins are worried that all the higher ranks will only play games amongst themselves, but there are ways to do that anyways.

Good luck.
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby lestat101 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:20 am

Actually this is another implementation that I would suggest.

Being able to set certain Parameters on creating a game would promote lesser members to become PAID members. Just saying
Corporal 1st Class lestat101

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:04 pm

There's obviously enough push from the community to make this happen. I think the Admin's should think up some sort of option to accomplish something similar to what is wanted, since they don't seem to like our ideas.

I'm ready to stop playing public games because I simply lose too many points to complete noobs who have no clue what they're doing, Sorry to be stereotypical, but it's the truth. When it's 3v1 in a 4 player game, I'm doomed to lose. No strategy or miracle dice combined could over come those odds.

Now if it's a 4 player game with somewhat evenly ranked players, rank isn't a factor in elimination nearly as much. Overall, it would make for much more fair games, for both noobs and high ranked players. I think it would also be a bit harder to gain ranks if such an option was implemented, giving players a goal to aim for. Of course, with the default setting being No Limitation, there would still be plenty of public games that all ranks could join. I myself would still play No Limitation games, just not as many as I do now.

Postby drunkmonkey on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:10 pm

Orange-Idaho-Dog wrote:There's obviously enough push from the community to make this happen. I think the Admin's should think up some sort of option to accomplish something similar to what is wanted, since they don't seem to like our ideas.

You could plaster this on about a hundred suggestions in this forum. Sucks, doesn't it?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:54 pm

Yes but see, we put the money in their pocket that makes CC run, and probably gives Lack a nice paycheck... After all, he wouldn't run ConquerClub for just a hobby. This is one of the suggestions that has been brought up over and over and over again, there is more than enough support to get something put into place.

Postby BoganGod on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:48 pm

Orange-Idaho-Dog wrote:I've read a few of the other Suggestion threads for similar ideas. Weather or not this particular idea gets implemented, I don't care. But I'm really tired of being in games against low ranks where I have absolutely no chance to win, all I can do is sit there and watch my points disappear.

Some sort of limitation needs implemented, I can guarentee I'm not the only one fighting for it, and I'm not the only one that would use it.

I'd like to hear from some higher rank players, no offence intended to those who have posted already. I just want some opinions from the players who would use this option the most, if it was implemented.

Been suggested multiple times in the past. Don't think it will ever happen. Rank is often no real indication of skill. For example I'm slowly working towards my freestyle gold. So joining available freestyle games. Yourself and an even lower ranked partner handed me my arse quickly and decisively. You earned 41points for it.

Do you really want to deny people the chance to pull off a win like that? Once you reach a certain level, say from 1-150 on the Scoreboard, if you choose to play mainly private rank restricted games it gets pretty boring, playing the same people again and again. Also with the way medals are set up, you need unique defeats.

If your tired of being in games against "low" ranks which you have no chance of winning... Play fog, join the games not create them. Join one of the +1600 callout threads/groups they operate on a standard pw I believe.

Please stop beating this old sad rank restriction drum. How many times does the question need to be asked, and receive the same response before the answer sinks in.

It was NO, the last time it was suggested, and the time before that etc........

There is already a form of rank restriction in place, ? marks can't join team games, and some maps. Some tournaments are rank seeded, or have a rank requirement. There are plenty of callout threads, and social usergroups for ranked games. Rather than regurgitate old failed suggestions be more selective with the games you play. :)

Well thats Uncle Bogan's advice column for the day :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby BoganGod on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Orange-Idaho-Dog wrote:Yes but see, we put the money in their pocket that makes CC run, and probably gives Lack a nice paycheck... After all, he wouldn't run ConquerClub for just a hobby. This is one of the suggestions that has been brought up over and over and over again, there is more than enough support to get something put into place.

Somethings are already in place, see above post and quit beating a dead horse! :roll:

The idea of communism has been brought up time and time again, and even implemented..... Now how did that turn out? A vocal minority posting the same thing frequently, does not = a logical idea.

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:02 pm

I get it Bogan, the chances are extremely thin of it happeneing... But it will never happen if you don't keep pushing for it.

The limitation for ranks I suppose has nothing to do with skill, you're right. It would simply limit the amount of points earned or lost in a single game.

BoganGod wrote:Been suggested multiple times in the past. Don't think it will ever happen. Rank is often no real indication of skill. For example I'm slowly working towards my freestyle gold. So joining available freestyle games. Yourself and an even lower ranked partner handed me my arse quickly and decisively. You earned 41points for it.

Do you really want to deny people the chance to pull off a win like that? Once you reach a certain level, say from 1-150 on the Scoreboard, if you choose to play mainly private rank restricted games it gets pretty boring, playing the same people again and again. Also with the way medals are set up, you need unique defeats.

The default setting for games being made would be "No Limitation" meaning games like the one you described would still be quite possible. I'm not saying this has to be a setting for ALL games ever made, I'm saying at least make it an option.

I can assume that when I get into a 3 v 1 situation on round 1... That the players know I will give the most points (terminator) or be the biggest threat (standard). So in that case their rank is deceptive, but read the above.

I suppose it's not critical to have, but would be a very nice feature all around. Like I've said before, even if it is implemented, I would still play public games, just not as many as I do now. There will still be plenty of players setting up public games, along with the occasional Colonel farming "noobs" on a difficult map.

Postby BoganGod on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Orange-Idaho-Dog wrote:I get it Bogan, the chances are extremely thin of it happeneing... But it will never happen if you don't keep pushing for it.

The limitation for ranks I suppose has nothing to do with skill, you're right. It would simply limit the amount of points earned or lost in a single game.

BoganGod wrote:Been suggested multiple times in the past. Don't think it will ever happen. Rank is often no real indication of skill. For example I'm slowly working towards my freestyle gold. So joining available freestyle games. Yourself and an even lower ranked partner handed me my arse quickly and decisively. You earned 41points for it.

The default setting for games being made would be "No Limitation" meaning games like the one you described would still be quite possible. I'm not saying this has to be a setting for ALL games ever made, I'm saying at least make it an option.

I can assume that when I get into a 3 v 1 situation on round 1... That the players know I will give the most points (terminator) or be the biggest threat (standard). So in that case their rank is deceptive, but read the above.

I suppose it's not critical to have, but would be a very nice feature all around. Like I've said before, even if it is implemented, I would still play public games, just not as many as I do now. There will still be plenty of players setting up public games, along with the occasional Colonel farming "noobs" on a difficult map.

Think about the old people who aren't that good with technology. More options = more confusion. CC is hosted on multiple servers at present which aren't working that well in sync.... Why add to the problem. It is possible as I pointed out to rank limit games if you prepared to put in less effort than you have expended flogging this dead horse and violating its corpse(figuratively speaking of course, wouldn't want you to think me coarse). :lol:
You've admitted it is not critical to have. I'll admit it could be useful, and will whole heartedly concur on it not been critical. I would much rather see 10,12, and 15player games implemented. That would be fun :)
Now I would hate to think of you as a one trick pony. Looking forward to seeing you next ORIGINAL suggestion :) I know you can do it.

ps steer clear of 3 and 4player term, and standard games. Unless you like moan fests. People threatening to foe other people, breaking fog, trying to convince the others to attack out on each other.... <yawns> the points earned aren't worth the bs in the chat box.

Re: Suggestion: "Block Freemium" option

Postby notyou2 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Dancing Mustard wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Just curious, why would you want lack to spend time coding something that keeps people from playing games rather than coding new options that would enhance the game play?

DM and Night Strike agree.

Now the world will explode.

How prophetic
Captain notyou2

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:11 pm

AeroMate wrote:FILTER THE N00BZ OUT!
I AM SUGGESTING THAT A FILTER IS MADE FOR MINIMAL SCORES. ALL I WANT IS TO BLOCK ALL PLAYERS FROM JOINING MY GAMES. THIS GAME RELIES ON A LOT OF LUCK! I AM TIRED OF COOKS, PRIVATES, CORPORALS, AND SERGEANTS RAMPAGING INTO MY LITTLE PLACE OF PEACE, IT BREAKS ME TO LOSE SO MANY POINTS WHEN I CAN GAIN SO LITTLE! BASICALLY, I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE, IT ISNT FAIR THAT I CANT PREVENT THESE GUYS FROM JOINING, TO STEAL WAY MORE POINTS THAN THEY RISK LOSING. IT IS INCONVENIENT TO FOE EVERYONE OR USE THE PRIVATE GAME FEATURE DUE TO THE FACT THAT I MUST INVITE FOLKS TO JOIN. :sick: OKAY I AM DONE NOW! :twisted:

you are just barely over 200 pts from being a sergeant, stop complaining.

The only good parts to this suggestion are blocking due to turns %, and blocking due to rating. While I personally may like blocking cooks and freemies, it isn't a plausible option for the site, so unfortunately it is pointless to continue arguing over it.
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:48 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Dancing Mustard wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Just curious, why would you want lack to spend time coding something that keeps people from playing games rather than coding new options that would enhance the game play?

How prophetic

Any reason you bumped this thread to say nothing helpful? :?:

I think adding an option that limits anyone from playing games is a bad idea. Almost everyone would click the 'limit cook' button, 'limit ?' button, 'limit low attendance %' button... Then those players could never get better, could never go above a cook, and would leave the site... Bad idea in my opinion.
Sergeant 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby army of nobunaga on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:07 pm

cowboyz wrote:Concise description:
    Add a button in the user panel that will block/foe all freemiums from joining my games. It will automatically unblock/unfoe them if they upgrade to premium membership.
    Also suggested adding other block features, such as allowing players to block other players using criteria such as ratings, rank, missed turns, comments, clan etc...

Specifics:
    This is a good thing and doesn't limit the ability of freemiums to test out the site. They can still play, but only vs other freemiums, AND members who don't want to block freemiums. A foe list is TOO time consuming to manually foe each category of player, adding this feature will only add a convenient way to do what could be otherwise be done manually.

• no more having noobs join my games just to ruin them while they stay an entire 2 weeks on CC before quitting.
  • no more having noobs get impatient with slow games and start shouting "SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!1!!" in game chat
  • keeps noobs and their noobyness away from me and others who don't like being noobed.
  • allows only paying noobs to bother people
  • more money for CC since these freemiums must upgrade to play with a wider selection of players

Is she sucking a cows tit? that is so damn disturbing.... yet I have to stare at it.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby notyou2 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:52 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
Dancing Mustard wrote:

How prophetic

Any reason you bumped this thread to say nothing helpful? :?:

I think adding an option that limits anyone from playing games is a bad idea. Almost everyone would click the 'limit cook' button, 'limit ?' button, 'limit low attendance %' button... Then those players could never get better, could never go above a cook, and would leave the site... Bad idea in my opinion.

I bumped it due to its prophetic nature for what DM wrote. His world did explode right after that. This was his last post.

I think all players should be allowed to play. I don't agree with blocking freemium button.
Captain notyou2

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:02 pm

Thezzaruz wrote:CC has been quite clear on their stance here, if you want to have a say about who you play with then use private games or the foe list.

The only block I'm really interested in would be weeding out players with really low attendance %.

Couldn't of said it any better myself.

And it's always enjoyable reading posts by The Mustard. :D
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed May 05, 2010 9:21 am

This suggestion will not be getting implemented. Here at Conquer Club, we are all for equality, fairness, and inclusion. This thread has been locked and moved to Rejected Suggestions. Any questions, just PM me.

Cheers, JB ;)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

rating limits on private games

Postby ccatman on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:01 pm

Concise description: i think there should be an option in private games that allows you to put a rating limit on who can join. This will allow people with the rating selected to join even though its private but still let people below the rating join if they join by an invite

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments: This will allow users to make a private game knowing only good players will join making an exciting game for them.
Also another idea is to have a rating range (something like 800-1200 only can join) so that lower ranked players can prevent high ranks from coming in there games so that the lower ranks dont have to play with people way above their skill level
General ccatman

Re: rating limits on private games

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:06 pm

Okay, this has me a little confused.

A) It's private. You require a password to enter Private Games. so how would a high rank player get into a lower ranks private game?
B)
This will allow users to make a private game knowing only good players will join making an exciting game for them.
This is what the private games are for... They require a password. You can easily post on the Callouts forum, that you are looking for players with X+ amount of points, and have them PM you for a PW. OR you can PM a bunch of high ranks with the password, and ask them to join if they want.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions