Conquer Club

Conquer Club Dispatch Recruitment Office

Current news, information, and exciting things from the world of Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Conquer Club Dispatch Recruitment Office

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:13 am

As Conquer Club wakens from its long slumber and moves forward, it needs the newsletter to grow and expand. For that, we need YOU. Yes, you. In other words, we need fresh blood on the writing staff. We need some new ideas, some new talent, and perhaps even some old talent that would like to return!

The following are our existing bureaus, along with some of the things they write about. Can you see yourself helping them? If so, write to the chiefs of those bureaus, or write to me if you prefer.

Oh, and did I mention medals? Dispatch writers get the best deal of any volunteers on the site: a GC medal every quarter, provided that you're written at least four articles during that quarter!

Mess Hall
Here in the Freestyle Department, we're a bit more free spirited than the other sections. If you've got ideas for CC themed articles or columns that don't pertain to any one area, we're the place for you!
  • Got a great idea for talking about the vicissitudes of luck (aka dice)? We'd like to hear about it!
  • Want to crowdsource a war movie and need some ideas? We're interested!
  • Got an itch to highlight some of the more buzzworthy threads? We're all ears!

Platoon Report
There is always a lot going on in the clan world here on Conquer Club, and we want to cover as much of it as we can! The Platoon Report is currently looking for writers that would be interested in any combination of the following:
  • Following one or more major clan events (Clan League, Conqueror's Cup, Random League, 1v1 League, Newcomers Cup,....) and reporting results, top performers, and anything else relevant to readers who want to know more about what is going on in the event!
  • Researching interesting active wars between clans to bring attention to new ideas and arrangements that make clan wars fun!
  • Interviewing clan members and leaders so that readers can learn more about other players.
  • Any other sort of writings about the clan world... limited only by your own creativity!

War Games
The tournament scene is ever changing and ever expanding as the site expands all its gameplay features, and we want to capture all the happenings right here! All we require is an interest in the tournament scene - so whether you're a new fish in the pond, a veteran, a participant, an organiser, or even just a weird stalker of tournaments - we're more than glad to have you on board!

Some areas where we currently need help are:
  • Reporters for 'Join This? Or Not!'. We're looking for someone to help out, or even take over this regular section which highlights interesting tournaments in sign ups!
  • Interviewers with charisma. We have an interview series with a long history, the 'Meet the Tournament Winners/Organisers/Directors' feature. There's no such thing as having too many interviews, so the more the merrier!
  • Writers with a little perspective. Got an opinion on the ongoings on the tournament scene? Have a few tips to share with other TOs out there? Well why not put those into words in the Dispatch!
  • Anyone with an idea. We're open to any suggestions that you want us to see reporting about or commenting on regarding the tournament scene. If you can see those ideas to fruition with us, even better!

Cartographic Surveillance
Cartographic Surveillance takes us around Foundry, to look at maps in development, the mapmakers and their techniques. Most of the time it looks into the future at the maps of tomorrow, but often it also looks at the maps of yesterday. If you are a mapmaker past, present or future, or if you have opinions about mapmaking that you would like to share, we would love to hear from you.

show
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Re: Conquer Club Dispatch Recruitment Office

Postby Fewnix on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:35 am

How about:

Use it \:D/ - or? - Lose it :( -
Usergroups on CC

Basic idea- to publicize usergroups- encourage people to join them and encourage them to be active? I have some experience in the field, as head of Whom or What (WoW) and keep meaning to ramp up the level of activity, a challenge many groups seem to face. I could work with or under the Dispatch team on some sort of monthly report highlighting what existing groups are doing, new groups being formed, stuff like that.
Rule 1
show
Lieutenant Fewnix

Postby Ollie Sheehan on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Not too sure about groups or promotions but I am a qualified journalist if you need some writing input or writer or editor of any kind.
Lieutenant Ollie Sheehan

Postby Wudf on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Can I please be removed from the CC Dispatch mailing list
Sergeant 1st Class Wudf

Postby islanderpfeifer on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:22 pm

I am not too sure of just where I can be of assistance but I am ready, willing and able to write! One subject of particular interest to me is an effort to change the rule in games so that any one player missing three (3) non-consecutive turns also be eliminated! Thank you!
Sincerely,
islanderpfeifer
Captain islanderpfeifer

Location: Aloha from Central Ohio; the heart of, the heart of it all.

Postby islanderpfeifer on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:24 pm

I am not too sure of just where I can be of assistance but I am ready, willing and able to write! One subject of particular interest to me is an effort to change the rule in games so that any one player missing three (3) non-consecutive turns also be eliminated! Thank you!
Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.
Sincerely,
islanderpfeifer
Captain islanderpfeifer

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:26 pm

islanderpfeifer wrote:I am not too sure of just where I can be of assistance but I am ready, willing and able to write! One subject of particular interest to me is an effort to change the rule in games so that any one player missing three (3) non-consecutive turns also be eliminated! Thank you!
Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.
Sincerely,
islanderpfeifer

Sounds like it could be an interesting article if done properly.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby islanderpfeifer on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:12 am

Yes, thanks! Actually, I had written a short piece on the subject already that I will revisit and revive if able.
Captain islanderpfeifer

Postby andyk11 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:40 pm

I'm a good writer. Let me know:)
Corporal andyk11

Postby jak111 on Sun May 04, 2014 10:41 pm

If you're still looking for writers, I'd definitely think about trying the Mess Hall. :) Though my strongest area is the Mafia forums so might be a bit biased towards talking about them. XD
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby CraZie5 on Tue May 06, 2014 1:33 am

I would gladly help out writing articles for the Mess Hall bureau. Let me know whether or not you need me, I'm relatively new to this :)
Private CraZie5

Postby Descon297 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:52 pm

I would love to be a part of the team. Ideally Mess Halls or War Games as I have plenty of ideas. Not too sure about the platoon though as I have asked on several occasions to try and join a clan but yet to no avail as they do seem quite particular and choosy...
Private Descon297

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:46 pm

Descon297 wrote:I would love to be a part of the team. Ideally Mess Halls or War Games as I have plenty of ideas. Not too sure about the platoon though as I have asked on several occasions to try and join a clan but yet to no avail as they do seem quite particular and choosy...

Commenting from an unofficial position I think we could definitely do with more dedicated writers right now as the majority that come along fade away after an article or two. What particular ideas do you have?

Regarding clans, send me a PM.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Domination_44 on Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:06 pm

Where do i sign up??

Realistically, and honestly.. If i enjoy helping with the newsletter I will consistently contribute, but not extremely often, I'll be more of a casual member that was weeks now and again of increased activity. This is because I have a busy life. I would love to help though!
Sergeant 1st Class Domination_44

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Domination_44 wrote:Where do i sign up??

Realistically, and honestly.. If i enjoy helping with the newsletter I will consistently contribute, but not extremely often, I'll be more of a casual member that was weeks now and again of increased activity. This is because I have a busy life. I would love to help though!

You either need to have a purpose within a team, or be a writer. You want to write for the newsletter? I guess there will be no problem in that.
Captain dakky21

Postby Fewnix on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:07 am

I never followed up on this offer but, as one of those who want to see CC continuing, would be willing to try that - or do whatever works with the Dispatch to keep things going. Can we talk? :D

?/
Fewnix wrote:How about:

Usergroups on CC

Basic idea- to publicize usergroups- encourage people to join them and encourage them to be active? I have some experience in the field, as head of Whom or What (WoW) and keep meaning to ramp up the level of activity, a challenge many groups seem to face. I could work with or under the Dispatch team on some sort of monthly report highlighting what existing groups are doing, new groups being formed, stuff like that.
Rule 1
show
Lieutenant Fewnix

Postby Swifte on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:57 pm

Fewnix wrote:I never followed up on this offer but, as one of those who want to see CC continuing, would be willing to try that - or do whatever works with the Dispatch to keep things going. Can we talk? :D

?/
Fewnix wrote:How about:

Usergroups on CC

Will follow up with you both tomorrow :)
Colonel Swifte

Postby Domination_44 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:07 am

dakky21 wrote:

You either need to have a purpose within a team, or be a writer. You want to write for the newsletter? I guess there will be no problem in that.

Write! (With the writing part)
Sergeant 1st Class Domination_44

Return to Conquer Club Newsletter