Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 76 28-07-2012] Mass Leehar

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 76 28-07-2012] Mass Leehar

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:33 am

Welcome Comrades to the 76th edition of the Dispatch

Sully is still MIA, so I, safariguy5 am publishing this issue in his stead.

I'd like to welcome vodean to the freestyle team. Vodean has a fun little article about CC addiction for you all to read this issue.

A serious discussion on the rifts in the CC Foundry can be found in the foundry section. I encourage everyone with an interest in map creation to take a look at it.

We have a long awaited update on the TPA2 proceeding in the Tournament section. I know many readers have participated in the TPA2 in one way or another, so the article should give some clarity on the standings.

In clans, we have an update on the New Comers Cup and the start of the ACC. Some very close and exciting wars going on there.

safariguy5
Chief Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details!

Click here for Recruitment Details...

We welcome a new Freestyle Reporter, vodean. A good article on curbing CC addiction, an interrogation of Leehar, and another Scum Insider are on tap this issue.

You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

CC is Not a Game by vodean
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of Leehar

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments! Here you will find the James' interviewing tournament stalwart dazza2008, the latest installment of Dave's Tournament Tips, and my summary of some of the tournaments currently available in signups, including new Official tournaments celebrating the Olympics.

The big, big, big news, however, is in TPA! After months of hoping for a volunteer to step forward and fill bart's shoes, it is a delight to report that our very own DaveH has stepped up to the plate! If you've been wondering if the TPA2 scoreboard will ever be updated or if TPA is dead, your answer is here. TPA will not die!

Dave has prepared two TPA articles for this issue! The first is a brief summary of the rescue. The second is a full-scale TPA Wrap. Congrats and many thanks, Dave.

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Meet the Tournament Winners: dazza2008 by WorldCup4James
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: Excel coding to set up a tournament - Part 2

TPA2 - Back on Track by DaveH
show

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by Dukasaur
show

The Foundry is the backbone to CC. From whence all maps are derived. The multitude of maps give depth and breath to CC. What sort of site would this be if all we had was Classic? Sure, Classic remains the most popular map by far by games played. But how many of us would get bored if that was it? All of us, that's who! So, our praise goes out to those clever, clever, people who conceptualise, elucidate and create all those juicy maps that provide more than just a diversion for the majority. Great stuff!

But out of every creative soul there comes a yearning for more. Not just a greedy, unsympathetic drive but a genuine desire to make things better, more interesting and above all to genuinely stretch the bounds of possibilities. But therein lies the rub. There are limitations! Aside from our own personal limitations of ideas and skill, there are practical limitations as to what can be done with a limited medium. So ideas develop and suggestions are made. This has always been the way in CC and it has gone from strength to strength. That is until the recent wall that the Foundry has hit. This is our story this issue.

If you've been in the foundry of late then you may see the protest that currently pervades throughout. New avatars can be seen worn throughout. So is it RIP for the Foundry or will the Foundry be like the Phoenix and come back prouder and stronger. I know what we all want and right now the Foundry needs you more than ever. You will also see the protest has extended so far as to the blacking out of maps in the Foundry. After all, how can the map developers expect their work to be seen, those who partake say, if they cannot in turn see what the behind-the-scenes efforts are? The coming days will surely answer some of these questions. But read koontz1973's article to get the full story. You will also see the effects of the protest in the News and Maps in Development articles from me.

For those inclined, do please pop into the thread and join the debate or at least have your say!

And on that note, a few words from Anton LaVey:

There are many who would like my time. I shun them. There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them. There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them.

thehippo8 -- Foundry Executive
Foundry News by thehippo8
show

Maps in Development by thehippo8
show

RIP foundry (Special Report) koontz1973
show

This issue we celebrate the new Unique Teammates, by encouraging more Inter-clan by-play as we all try to play games with new and exciting teammates. viewtopic.php?f=438&t=174563 will hopefully do all that and more, and I'm certainly enjoying it in engineering victories with my first time teammates SaviorShot and John Deere!

The 2nd Annual 1 vs 1 Clan Challenge is also nearing close of sign-ups, with some high profile clans like KoRT, and Tofu joining this edition of the competition, alongside Defending Champions Empire!

The [ACC2] The All Comers Cup II also has just opened it's doors, with perhaps less High-profile additions so far, after huge scalps in the first installment as clans such as AoC fell by the wayside in this intriguing twist on conventional clan play

Leehar
Clan Executive

New Comers Cup 3 by Skillfusniper33
show

Random League II by DoomYoshi
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of Pirlo. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with Pirlo

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Victor Sullivan and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Captain safariguy5

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 76 28-07-2012] Mass Leehar

Postby maasman on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:36 pm

I'm really quite surprised you answered all those questions lee.
Colonel maasman

Postby Leehar on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:18 pm

maasman wrote:I'm really quite surprised you answered all those questions lee.

Now you gotta read it all :twisted:

Lol, the only wrench in the works was that I ran into the 40 smileys per post limit :/
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Leehar on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:09 pm

pconnolly365 wrote:Awesome interview! Where do u find the time? No need to answer that one!

Jackofalltrades wrote:Ok... (que Twilight Zone theme)... Just read lee's interview (kudos mate enjoyed it and also thx for the plug :D =D>

tbh, it only took 5 days!
show
Colonel Leehar

Return to Newsletter Issues