Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 111 02-02-14] The Cat Nips Back

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 111 02-02-14] The Cat Nips Back

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 111th edition of the Dispatch :)

Our interview with Catnipdreams is featured here, and ironically it's also Groundhog Day today? Do you think groundhogs like catnip, also? Will the groundhogs perform better today if we feed them some?

With Valentine's Day soon to be upon us, we all start to wonder "what will this year's Annual Valentine's Day special bring?" In past years, it has brought us Cutesy Club, pink fuzzy dice, an epidemic of love, and a Wall of Pink.

So, what will it be this year? If I tell you, will you blow me a kiss through cyberspace? Hush, move closer now! I'm not allowed to tell you much, but I know that Cuddling will be involved, and a lot of sweet talk in Live Chat, and.... wait for it....

Valentine's Day will bring a huge array of contests, events and prizes!

Ok, watch out for official announcements coming up, but in the meantime, here's some more love from around the Club for you:

Image Mess Hall and Interrogation Room
(Contains the big interview, plus other fun stuff!)

Image Platoon Report
(News from the Clan scene)

Image War Games
(News from the Tournament world)

Image Cartographic Surveillance
(News from the Foundry)

Image Next Mission Brief
(Includes such things as the closing credits)

---------------------------------------------------
Conquer Club Dispatch
Chief Executive - Dukasaur

And finally some
Late-breaking News and Announcements
show

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)
Click here for Recruitment Details...
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Mess Hall and Interrogation Room

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Welcome back readers. Happy year of the horse! May your dice ever be in your favor. We've got the next round of trivia, a Scum Insider, and catnipdreams talks about cats, tofu, and friends.

Also, love is in the air! Be on the lookout for our Valentine day themed events. Keep your partners in harmony and the dice rosy.

You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

Dispatch Trivia - A Valentine's Special (Round 6 of 10) by iAmCaffeine
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of catnipdreams
Captain safariguy5

Platoon Report

Postby Swifte on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Welcome Conquer Club clan enthusiasts to another edition of the Platoon Report!

First off, congratulations to Manifest Destiny on winning the first ever edition of the Lindax Handicup, and to Imperial Dragoons member Twopoint on winning the MVP award for the event.

This edition of the Platoon Report, IcePack brings us an update to the F400, including a new number 1 in the rankings... so be sure to check that out! I also take a look at the Shakers and Movers from January 2014, where we've seen another flurry of player movement on the clan scene, including 2 new clans and one clan that has been around since 2009 closing up shop.

Thanks for checking out the Platoon Report - more updates on the major clan events next issue!

Swifte
Clan Executive

F400 Update by IcePack

The F400 is a results based ranking system, based on (almost) all available results that include 12 games or higher. Most league results are reflected within this ranking system, as well as most wars*. (*Unless leagues do not meet some minimum entry requirement criteria, and wars with multiple clans involved).

show

January 2014 Shakers and Movers by Swifte
show
Colonel Swifte

War Games

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:52 am

Hello friends, and welcome to your favourite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments, and other stuff in the Tournament scene!

In this issue, mcshanester29 takes a personal trip down memory late, reminiscing about the time he organised his first tournament, in Remembering My First Tournament! Hopefully this will inspire some aspiring TOs out there to try your hand tournament organising! We do indeed have a wonderfully supportive community out there that is more than happy to give assistance along the way!

Now pulling double duties for the Freestyle Team and Tournament Team, iAmCaffeine has kindly taken on the responsibility of what I hope will be a regular section in our CC Dispatch for a long time to come - the monthly Tournament Winners Update. I'm really pleased to have him on board, and must say he has done an excellent job so far! So, here is our very first edition of the feature in all its glory!

Tournament Winners Update: January '14 by iAmCaffeine
show

Aside from those exciting new features, our writers continue to deliver their news staples with mcshanester29's latest MTTW Interview with RKCVED and my selection of tournaments awaiting signups in Join This? Or Not!. DaveH has been on vacation lately, but he has still provided us with an update of TPA happenings in TPA Wrap, correct as of 16 January.

Enjoy!

anamainiacks
Tournament Executive

Remembering My First Tournament by mcshanester29
show

Meet the Tournament Winners: RKCVED by mcshanester29
show

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by anamainiacks
show
Colonel anamainiacks

Cartographic Surveillance

Postby Seamus76 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:20 am

Welcome my fellow map enthusiasts to issue number eleventy-one! Speaking of J.R.R. Tolkien, does anyone know of a beta map that has one of his quotes on it? I'll give you a hint, when you find it you won't be getting hotter, you'll be getting colder. ;)

In this issue we'll continue to highlight all those great maps in development, and I'll borrow Koontz1973's spotlight and shine it around to see what we can see.

And now on with the show.

Seamus76 -- Foundry Executive

Maps in Development by Seamus76
show

Spotlight on Ziggurat by Seamus76
show

The Mas Sue Review by Mas Sue67
show

And as Alex Berger said, "Maps are the foundation on which adventure is built." Enjoy.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Next Mission Brief

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Dukasaur and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 111 02-02-14] The Cat Nips Back

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:59 am

Publication date February 2nd, 2014.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Leehar on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Congrats to Ace on #1. Another important litmus test coming up for us!

I forgot to ask Cat how much she's looking forward to the war!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby macbone on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:48 am

Great interview with cat! I'll be honest, I enjoy the Interrogations the most in each Dispatch. =)
Colonel macbone

Return to Newsletter Issues