Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 117] Hayesez, Whac-a-Mod, and Contests!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 117] Hayesez, Whac-a-Mod, and Contests!

Postby Dukasaur on Thu May 08, 2014 7:30 pm

Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends! We have come at last to the 117th running of the CC Dispatch!

Happy Victoria Day to those of us fortunate to live in the former Dominions and enjoy the blessings of the British parliamentary system! And for all those others, I wish that you too may find something to be happy about on this beautiful sunny Victoria Day weekend!

Two Dispatch contests are currently available. You will find Jigs Fantasy Draft in the Platoon Report, and the 9th round of iAmCaffeine's Dispatch Trivia Contest in the Mess Hall. Both of these contests include fabulous prizes, so be sure check them out.

War Games includes updates on the current state of the TPA, our monthly list of tournament winners, and a new article in the Dave's Tips Series!

In Cartography, Seamus76 has returned and has another roundup of maps in development, as well as a description of his very own Ancient Text Technique.

Our Interrogation Room features Hayesez. I'll say no more and let it speak for itself!

Finally, I would like to welcome jak111 to the Dispatch staff. His first article is in the Mess Hall. Also in the Mess Hall, you will find Razorvich's summary of the Live Chat Event during the Easter Celebration.

Community Tab
show

Whac-a-Mod
show

Use our convenient navigation buttons to get to your favourite section.
Image Image
ImageImage
Image Image
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

War Games

Postby DaveH on Thu May 15, 2014 12:27 am

Hello friends, and welcome to your favourite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments, and other stuff in the Tournament scene!

We continue to deliver our news staples with iAmCaffeine's April summary of Tournament Winners, my update of TPA happenings in TPA Wrap, and I have also added one of my occasional Tournament Tips which was prompted by a query from BGtheBrain and features fantastic xml coding from MrBenn.

Good Reading and Good Luck!

DaveH
Tournament Executive

Tournament Winners Update: April '14 by iAmCaffeine
show

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Tournament Tips #53 by DaveH
show: getting game data from a list of game numbers.

Image Image
ImageImage
Image Image
Lieutenant DaveH

Platoon Report

Postby Swifte on Fri May 16, 2014 9:49 am

Welcome to another edition of the Platoon Report, where we bring you the latest happenings in the clan world here on Conquer Club!

Week 1 of Clan League 6 continues, with week 2 coming right up. Visit the Clan Leagues tab of the Clans page yet, where you can get a quick look at where all the matches stand - in real time! The page is here!

Have you checked to see who your clan faces in Conquer Cup 5 yet? The bracket is updated here.

The CC4 semi-final match between TOFU and ACE now stands at 29-28 in favor of TOFU... what a match-up that one is! Keep your eyes here for the conclusion of that one!

This week in the Platoon Report, jig brings an update on the status of his fantasy clan event, and I take a look at our clan members who joined or moved clans during the month of April.

Enjoy - and good luck out there on the battlefield!

Swifte
Clan Executive

Jigs Fantasy Draft Update by jigger1986
show

April 2014 Shakers and Movers by Swifte
show

Image Image
ImageImage
Image Image
Colonel Swifte

Cartographic Survey

Postby Seamus76 on Sat May 17, 2014 10:45 pm

Hello 117, it's nice to be home. Speaking of being home, if you don't know by now, one of CC's greatest map makers, and probably the creator of some of your favorite maps, has returned. The ever evolving Dim is back, and in a big way. Not only does he already have Slovakia in BETA, he has dusted off three other amazingly complex and beautiful maps, Knights & Warlocks, Clash of Kings, and Pirates and Merchants.

So take a look below, and head over to the foundry to let the map makers know your thoughts.

And now on with the show.

Seamus76 -- Foundry Executive

Maps in Development by Seamus76
show

Antique Text Technique by Seamus76
show

And as Alex Berger said, "Maps are the foundation on which adventure is built." Enjoy.

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story for the Foundry section you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can send your article thoughts to Seamus76 and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Image Image
ImageImage
Image Image
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Interrogation Room

Postby Dukasaur on Sun May 18, 2014 6:58 am

Interrogation of Hayesez
show

For issue 118, we are preparing the Interrogation of TeeGee. TeeGee is one of our loyal Australian members, holding up that inconvenient end of the clock when the Americans are sound asleep and the Asians haven't woken up yet. Chatter, Discussions Mod, Global Mod, former member of AFOS and recent KORT recruit, member of half a dozen other groups, TeeGee is now Chief Global. That means he's the one who brings the ban hammer down on your head when you misbehave. He's making a list, he's checking it twice, and he damn well knows if you're naughty or nice, so you'd best ask him some entertaining questions in THIS THREAD

Image Image
ImageImage
Image Image
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Mess Hall

Postby Dukasaur on Sun May 18, 2014 8:16 am

We have 3 articles in the Mess Hall. First, we have a roundup of the Live Chat Event that was part of the Easter celebrations on Conquer Club. Is it a bit late? Yes, it is. I must admit the fault is entirely mine. Razorvich sent me the article in plenty of time for Issue 116, but with all the things I am involved in, I misplaced it. I'm sure the delay will not be fatal: there are some very funny lines in there and I think you'd enjoy them regardless of what month you read them in! So, thank you Razorvich, and my apologies for the publication delay.
Here's what I said in live chat terms :D :oops: :-$ :-^ :lol: :-D

Second, we have a "first" article. Jak111 has just joined the Dispatch staff and will be anchoring the Mafia desk for the next little while. Please give a very warm welcome to jak111 on his first appearance in this publication!
=D> =D> =D>

Finally, we have the penultimate round in Caff's Dispatch Trivia Contest. Kudos to iAmCaffeine for his work on this project, one of the toughest and most ambitious trivia contests ever deployed on this site. Caff has just won his 3-month GC medal for this contest, and YOU can still win a GA! Yes, that's right. There is still this round and the next to be fought over, and all five top players get GA medals. First place is now out of reach for anyone except Ffraid or Dakky21, but 3rd, 4th, and 5th are still very much in doubt, so get your entries in there!

Live Chat Event by Razorvich
show

Mafia Experiments by jak111
show

Dispatch Trivia - Round 9 of 10 by iAmCaffeine
show

Image Image
ImageImage
Image Image
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 117]

Postby Dukasaur on Sun May 18, 2014 10:02 am

Actual publication time Sunday May 18th, 11:03.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 117] Hayesez, Whac-a-Mod, and Contest

Postby agentcom on Tue May 20, 2014 7:22 am

Is that a dead penguin? Why?
Colonel agentcom

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 117] Hayesez, Whac-a-Mod, and Contest

Postby Dukasaur on Tue May 20, 2014 8:55 am

agentcom wrote:

Is that a dead penguin? Why?

It looks more like the rear end of a dead Holstein. Most likely some KORT-hater infiltrated the Entertainment dept.
:lol:
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Return to Newsletter Issues