Conquer Club

Manifest Destiny

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Manifest Destiny

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:48 pm

The newly formed clan, Manifest Destiny is here and we are ready to take the clan world by storm!

Manifest Destiny are (The Dirty Dozen):

ViperOverLord
Robespierre__
Astro Gypsy
brakh
BritishDragon
Davidosorno
fiction
gas
Gigi1
hotpockets
Karibdus
Pantheon
Last edited by ViperOverLord on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major ViperOverLord

Re: It's Destiny Baby!

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:58 pm

good luck. Look forward to seeing what you can do.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby Pedronicus on Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:The newly formed clan, Manifest Destiny is here and we are ready to take the clan world by storm

I just randomly clicked on a player in the list and he's not got a bronze medal in any team games, then i clicked on another, no medals in team games, then another, then another then eventually i found someone with a bronze dubs medal.

You do realise that clans play team games don't you? Good luck. It looks like you've assembled a team of winners here :lol:
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 am

Pedronicus wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:The newly formed clan, Manifest Destiny is here and we are ready to take the clan world by storm

I just randomly clicked on a player in the list and he's not got a bronze medal in any team games, then i clicked on another, no medals in team games, then another, then another then eventually i found someone with a bronze dubs medal.

You do realise that clans play team games don't you? Good luck. It looks like you've assembled a team of winners here :lol:

Robespierre__ and myself were (are) the only players with significant team experience. We look forward to the challenge of becoming better team players.
Last edited by ViperOverLord on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Qwert on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:42 pm

Pedronicus wrote:

Exactly the dirty dozen party- Viper like Lee Marvin create unit from prisoners who dont have any achivement in war, dont team players,they sit in jail and dont do nothing smart. ;) .
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Manifest Destiny

Postby squishyg on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:12 pm

We need more Lee Marvin references on this site.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:51 am

Lee Marving & squishyg
Major ViperOverLord

Postby squishyg on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:54 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:Image

Lee Marving & squishyg

Any chance of me joining your clan was lost when you called him Lee "Marving".
Robinette wrote:

The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:29 am

squishyg wrote:

Lee Marving & squishyg

I figured that he took your g.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby squishyg on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:35 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
squishyg wrote:

Lee Marving & squishyg

I figured that he took your g.

My g is not for the taking.
Robinette wrote:

The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby natty dread on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:08 am

Does your clan support the ideology behind the original Manifest Destiny?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:05 am

natty dread wrote:Does your clan support the ideology behind the original Manifest Destiny?

That's a loaded question; especially since many people have different interpretations about what Manifest Destiny even is/was.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:32 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
natty dread wrote:Does your clan support the ideology behind the original Manifest Destiny?

That's a loaded question; especially since many people have different interpretations about what Manifest Destiny even is/was.

You can't really try to say it's a loaded question when it's your clan name. Biggest evasion ever. And for no reason.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby redhawk92 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:28 pm

id be interested in joining this clan if they would be interested in having me
Major redhawk92

Postby Leehar on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:00 pm

chapcrap wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:

You can't really try to say it's a loaded question when it's your clan name. Biggest evasion ever. And for no reason.

Dude, you're getting involved as an authority on way too many things. Sure wiki may just have it as an ideology for American expansionism, but it has enough philosophical implications that even as a non-american I can feel a chord and be inspired in a more arbitrary sense. And as Viper said, there is enough involved in it's historical usage that you could get into a healthy debate on it, but neither I nor Viper (I assume) want to get involved in such a debate on whether it was right or wrong, or can be twisted into meaning something else.
You may feel it's a cop-out but it's just complex enough to not get involved in analysing when the simple sentiment is good enough to leave people with
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm not trying to be an authority on anything. I'll keep my level of activity where it's at.

As far as Manifest Destiny, my post was just a poke. Much like I feel natty's was. It really set up the MD guys to have fun with it and you and VIper took it all serious. Sorry if I upset you, but I was trying to get a response like:
Heck yes we agree!! God has deemed it that we should take over the clan world, one clan at a time!! At that's just what we are going to do!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:56 pm

^^^
Again, there were different meanings of Manifest Destiny that existed just regarding expansion. Some believed that it applied to the USA expanding to the Mississippi River. Others believed it referred to expanding to the west coast. Others believed that it meant expanding throughout all or most of North America. And I would imagine some people romanticized the empirical possibilities. But the underlying theme was a destined expansion and I find that to be a cool notion.

If you look at it from a historical perspective, there had never been such a large nation that had a democracy (thus it being called the great experiment). Most of the world was still ruled by kings and dictators. So there was actually a nobility to the notion of expanding the borders of the great democratic nation as many people wanted an expanded nation so that they could actually have more freedom in the great expanse. Of course the revisionist history detractors ignore that historical reality.

Obviously from a clan standpoint we don't mind using the name to play upon the perception of exceptionalism and expansion. And it is apropos for clan warfare.

I actually had about three cool names for a clan and I was leaning towards another name more. But the problem is I didn't write it (or the other name) down and I forgot them. I believe Manifest Destiny was the only American themed name I had in mind (but I'm not 100 percent sure at this time).

I personally did relate to America's proud history when I created the name for the clan. I especially liked it in the face of the anti American tide. But it was never meant to be a political position central to the affairs of our clan. We have people from different countries in the clan and I have never asked them for any political/historical viewpoints when joining. I have respect for a great many other nations. It's one reason why I love the World Cup more than any other sporting event.
Major ViperOverLord

Return to Clan Archives