Conquer Club

Cheme's Leap Ladder - Updated 31/3/17

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Cheme's Leap Ladder - Updated 31/3/17

Postby Keefie on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:51 pm

The following text is by Chemefreak who implemented this version of the Leap Ladder. I will be responsible for updating this going forward and will endeavour to do this every few months.

Keefie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Leap Ladder

For those of you that are too new to remember this, jpcloet’s dream (and the reason I was chosen as a CD) was the Leap Ladder. The format of the Leap Ladder was extremely cool, but also extremely complicated. I have wanted to resurrect the Leap Ladder and continue jpcloet’s dream in a workable format for several years now. Now with 10,000 medals issued and a Clan Tab, the time has come. Below is my format along with the differences with jpcloet’s format.

show: FORMAT

From War No. 501 to War No. 600 this Leap Ladder predicted the winning clan 76% of the time (so 3 out of 4 times the clan higher on the Leap Ladder defeated the clan lower on the Leap Ladder).

Below is the Leap Ladder at War No. 300, 350, 400, 450, 500, 550, and 600. Today, we have IcePack’s F400 and F41 that use numerical values. We also have IcePack’s Coaches’ Poll that uses subjective opinions. I believe there is a need for a Ladder type ranking system to more quickly reflect a clan's rise through the ranks. This is "unofficial" and the fact that I am a CD in no way indicates this ranking system will EVER be used officially. I will provide an updated Leap Ladder every 50 completed wars along with a dialogue regarding the skips, additions, and deletions from here on out. Enjoy.

show: Leap Ladder - February 29, 2016

show: Leap Ladder - September 30, 2015

show: Leap Ladder - April 30, 2015

show: Leap Ladder - October 31, 2014

show: Leap Ladder - April 30, 2014

show: Leap Ladder - January 31, 2014

show: Leap Ladder - December 16, 2013

show: Leap Ladder - November 15, 2013

show: Leap Ladder - October 14, 2013

show: Leap Ladder 600 - August 26, 2013

show: Leap Ladder 550 - May 2013

show: Leap Ladder 500 - December 2012

show: Leap Ladder 450 - Sept 2012

show: Leap Ladder 400 - June 2012

show: Leap Ladder 350 - Feb 2012

show: Leap Ladder 300 - Sept 2011
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Re: The Leap Ladder

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:11 pm

interesting...
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby kmhebert on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:14 pm

so what is this, exactly?
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby greenoaks on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:25 pm

i like it
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chemefreak on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:44 pm

kmhebert wrote:so what is this, exactly?

Pretty simple. If you beat a clan higher on the ladder you jump in front of them...no matter how high up. It is more of a fun exercise than anything else. It shows slightly different trends then other scoring systems and reacts faster.

For instance, IA has slowly dropped over the last 200 wars because they have NOT beaten a single clan ranked higher than them on the ladder. Now, the problem is that we know IA is a Top 10 clan. Another for instance, is ATL and FALL. A newer and slight newer (well compared to some) clans that can climb fast by beating clans that have beaten clans. There was a lot of fun movement on the ladder when TNC beat the Pack. Since TNC play so many wars, it moves around all the time.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby jigger1986 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Nice!

Another ranking system, always a fan of ranking systems.
If you need a hand with anything Ill be happy to help.

-jig
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby xman5151 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Very interesting. I like it, good work
Private xman5151

Postby grifftron on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:19 pm

I like it! Good job.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby IcePack on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Awesome work Cheme! I was playing around with a ladder system idea a few weeks ago, very interesting. Glad to see someone tackled it :)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby agentcom on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:11 pm

Why did you decide to have the winning clan (if lower ranked) move up, rather than have the losing clan (if higher ranked) move down? It would be interesting to see what the differences would be in those two systems. In yours, you can vault to the front, but you fall slowly. In the other, you could fall very quickly, but you'd have to slowly eek your way to the top.
Colonel agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:14 pm

it would also be interesting to see this applied to the Scoreboard.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:21 pm

agentcom wrote:Why did you decide to have the winning clan (if lower ranked) move up, rather than have the losing clan (if higher ranked) move down? It would be interesting to see what the differences would be in those two systems. In yours, you can vault to the front, but you fall slowly. In the other, you could fall very quickly, but you'd have to slowly eek your way to the top.

That would be very interesting; though the top clans would lose motivation to play anyone lower ranked. In this method, they can only lose drop one place if they lose.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Genoke on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:27 am

I like the idea!

just one thought: Sometimes in clan tourney's the highest ranked clans gets a bye in the first (two) round(s). Meaning it avoids them to play the lowest ranked a bit.
Won't that affect this lean ranking too?
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby chemefreak on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:58 pm

Genoke wrote:I like the idea!

just one thought: Sometimes in clan tourney's the highest ranked clans gets a bye in the first (two) round(s). Meaning it avoids them to play the lowest ranked a bit.
Won't that affect this lean ranking too?

I agree. The higher ranked clans aren't being forced to play the absolute lowest ranked typically.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:35 am

We'd be ranked #35 then. Only problem I see with this ranking, is that a higher ranked clan would rarely be interested in accepting a challenge from a lower ranked clan. Of course that's going to be the case with any ranking system, but it applies here even more so.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Arama86n on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:44 am

It's interesting, for me different perspectives always are.
If we're going to make any ranking official though, F400, not this.
Major Arama86n

Postby chemefreak on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:43 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:We'd be ranked #35 then. Only problem I see with this ranking, is that a higher ranked clan would rarely be interested in accepting a challenge from a lower ranked clan. Of course that's going to be the case with any ranking system, but it applies here even more so.

I think this issue was fixed in this iteration by simply having a pure skip. So if the 30th ranked clan beats the 2nd ranked clan, the 30th ranked clan goes to 2nd and the 2nd ranked clan only falls to 3rd.

Arama86n wrote:It's interesting, for me different perspectives always are.
If we're going to make any ranking official though, F400, not this.

It is not my intent to make this an official ranking system. This is more for fun. I agree that Ice's F400 is the more accurate ranking system. However, it does take quite a few wars to get on that system. This one should react a bit quicker. Should be fun the next time I update when there is a dialogue about who skipped who and when.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:53 am

chemefreak wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:We'd be ranked #35 then. Only problem I see with this ranking, is that a higher ranked clan would rarely be interested in accepting a challenge from a lower ranked clan. Of course that's going to be the case with any ranking system, but it applies here even more so.

I think this issue was fixed in this iteration by simply having a pure skip. So if the 30th ranked clan beats the 2nd ranked clan, the 30th ranked clan goes to 2nd and the 2nd ranked clan only falls to 3rd.

Potentially, yeah. Looking forward to seeing how it works out.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby JaneAusten on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:10 am

I think it's neat. Thx Cheme!
Corporal 1st Class JaneAusten

Postby agentcom on Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:21 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
agentcom wrote:Why did you decide to have the winning clan (if lower ranked) move up, rather than have the losing clan (if higher ranked) move down? It would be interesting to see what the differences would be in those two systems. In yours, you can vault to the front, but you fall slowly. In the other, you could fall very quickly, but you'd have to slowly eek your way to the top.

That would be very interesting; though the top clans would lose motivation to play anyone lower ranked. In this method, they can only lose drop one place if they lose.

Maybe that would be the case if this ranking was going to be used for anything. But it's not. We have better ranking methods out there. As cheme pointed out, this is just for fun. So, I'm thinking that in the same spirit (just for fun), it would be interesting to see what the difference is in the opposite method.

Also, I've said this before, but I think it would be really cool to have a table with all the ranking systems in it. Probably sorted by the F400 because that seems to enjoy the most respect, but also the F41, the coach's poll, cheme's ladder, and ... the other one that I'm forgetting right now that scores clans as if they were CC players. Oh and add to that the most recent place in CCup and the other big tourneys.

So, you'd have each clan and at least half a dozen columns. I think that would be nifty :)
Colonel agentcom

Postby chemefreak on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:17 am

agentcom wrote:Also, I've said this before, but I think it would be really cool to have a table with all the ranking systems in it. Probably sorted by the F400 because that seems to enjoy the most respect, but also the F41, the coach's poll, cheme's ladder, and ... the other one that I'm forgetting right now that scores clans as if they were CC players. Oh and add to that the most recent place in CCup and the other big tourneys.

So, you'd have each clan and at least half a dozen columns. I think that would be nifty :)

Hopefully when we get our new CDs, this is something we can get going.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Hamanu on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:05 pm

So with Coaches, Poll, F400, F41, Leap Frog... its like WBA, IBF, WBC? :D
Brigadier Hamanu

Postby agentcom on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Hamanu wrote:So with Coaches, Poll, F400, F41, Leap Frog... its like WBA, IBF, WBC? :D

Yeah or like the USA Today, AP, BCS, etc. polls/systems for college football. That's kind of my point. Lots of times you see those presented side-by-side. Glad to hear that cheme thinks this is one of the new CD responsibilities :)
Colonel agentcom

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:26 am

Cheme
Is there the possibility / potential to put approximate date to each of the spoilers listed (and ones in the future)?
Sometimes I imagine 50 war might take awhile while others might update rather quickly. Just to give a little better comparison as to when each update kicked in?
Just a thought :) still enjoying looking thru the history on this one
IcePack

EDIT: Thanks for adding the dates!
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: The Leap Ladder - Last Updated 10/14/13

Postby lokisgal on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Immortal Assassins - (IA) are not listed?
Major lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Next

Return to Clan Archives