Conquer Club

ClanOlympics - Exploring Clan interest

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

ClanOlympics - Exploring Clan interest

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:33 am

Hi folks, I've been working with the last months on getting a such a tournament online for clan only.

For those were here few years ago should remember that massive tournament was started by Tupence and became abandoned after few weeks (see link below)

2012 Olympic Games [abandoned]

I did some tweak to it and I still have to complete half of the events structure, using a simple version of points counting, changing some map, inserting round limits, etc...

What I would like from you is telling me if your clan is willing to stick to a tournament like this for about 2 years? When it will be online, each clan should have at least 12 players lined-up and up to 16.

Being in a clan now and since few years battling on war against some of you I can tell there is several player here are playing for more than 2 years and it does seems than the same names are always there ;) ...So if you guys are willing to stay a bit more longer let me know if a massive clan tourney will bring your interest even more.

I will also work with CC admin on medal & prize when I get closer to have the whole structure of the tournament completed, 306 gold medal for the entire Olympics should bring more than a simple Tournament achievement medal to the clan who gained the most gold count :D .

Anyway, I think before the end of the year I should have it ready if not sooner, that is why and before going further it is time to seek potential participation from a clan view...You are the one making tournament running by playing and staying consistent with CC. The intent is to have 16 solid clans to participate.

I'm open to suggestions, comments....

Actual tournament structure:
This is a Large Team tournament, with a lot of games for everyone. 16 Clans teams with between 12 up to 16 players will be accepted.

Players MUST be premium.

The tournament will follow the program of each of the events of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.

HOW THE WINNING TEAM WILL BE FOUND
show

PRIZES
show

SETTINGS
show

Teams should nominate a Team Captain and a 2nd in Command. All communications between myself and the team will go through the Team Captain, and should the Team Captain be unavailable (e.g. on vacation) any communications will be sent to the 2nd in Command.

RESERVES
show

TEAM AND PLAYER SCORES
show

ALLOCATION OF GAMES AND INVITATIONS
show

MAPS
show

Clan Interested:
TNC (comment: None)
FOED (comment: multiple TO)

Cheers, Mad777 from LHDD 8-)
Last edited by Mad777 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Re: ClanOlympics - Exploring Clan interest

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:20 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:23 am

BGtheBrain wrote:I didnt read what it is, but TNC is in (or would be in)

if you click the link in the first post it should give you an idea on the structure and and how big ;)
Captain Mad777

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:26 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby TheMissionary on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:47 am

I like the concept, but with all the other large activities clans are involved in, is it feasible?
loutil wrote:PLEASE call him MISH and not Miss.
There is no miss ionary position. There is the mish ionary position. 8-)

https://buttonbashgamers.com/
Captain TheMissionary

Postby TheCrown on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:48 am

More than 2 years? My attention span cannot survive this. Make it 9 months and you may have something. :D
~Man will believe anything, as long as it's not in the Bible~
Colonel TheCrown

Postby shoop76 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:20 pm

Why would this need to be clan related, couldn't we create a team that isn't just clan members.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:47 pm

TheMissionary wrote:I like the concept, but with all the other large activities clans are involved in, is it feasible?

I think it will, the game count per player may not exceed 10 games I believe.

TheCrown wrote:More than 2 years? My attention span cannot survive this. Make it 9 months and you may have something. :D

I'm working on having 16 players bracket, Round Robin with 4 poul of 4 (Top team to join Semi Final), this should hopefully reduce from 2 years to 12-15 months I guess, but can't tell for sure since it will also depends how fast people join and play ;) .

shoop76 wrote:Why would this need to be clan related, couldn't we create a team that isn't just clan members.

Because with my experience organizing tournaments, having player from clan will help a better flow of participation rather than having team with player don't know each other and at some point letting things falling down...

I added a preliminary draft of the tournament structure in the first post (in red).
Captain Mad777

Postby Denise on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:42 pm

My guess is that if things remain constant, TOFU probably won't participate in this. Some would want to but I doubt it would be as many as 12 to 16 players. The CL and CC keep us busy enough, it seems. I like the sound of it, though. I have loved the large team tournaments I've participated in. I think you should not limit it to clans. Players who decide to participate together in the tournament will know each other. Also, from what I can see, clans also let things "fall down". ;)
Major Denise

Postby uckuki on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:15 pm

FOED would probably participate. our main worry is just one TO, cause if something
happens, and you're out of commission there's probably 0 chance someone will rescue
it, just like it happened with Tupence.

It's ok to have it as a clan event, but leave the option of having non-clan members
on the same team? clans go out of business on a regular basis, with new ones
cropping up. if a clan struggles with numbers it would make their life easier if they can
plug their friends who don't happen to be in the same clan.
Colonel uckuki

Postby Mad777 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:24 am

uckuki wrote:FOED would probably participate. our main worry is just one TO, cause if something
happens, and you're out of commission there's probably 0 chance someone will rescue
it, just like it happened with Tupence.

It's ok to have it as a clan event, but leave the option of having non-clan members
on the same team? clans go out of business on a regular basis, with new ones
cropping up. if a clan struggles with numbers it would make their life easier if they can
plug their friends who don't happen to be in the same clan.

I have back'up in case of having a TO but up to today I always went to the end as far organizing my franchises (Mad Tournaments - Mad Championship - Bracketology), but you are right, I don't have a crystal ball about my future :D .

Since more than one already said about opening this event outside of the clan, I may consider to do so....If this can make people less worry about having 8 players minimum for that time frame...Thanks for your comment mate!
Captain Mad777

Postby TheCrown on Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:23 pm

I can't see doing this in a tourney that is 1 year long or more... sorry.
~Man will believe anything, as long as it's not in the Bible~
Colonel TheCrown

Postby Lindax on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:05 pm

When I was a Tournament Director I came up with the rule that any tournament may not be planned to last longer than a year. There were many reasons for that rule.

On the same basis I would be very hesitant to allow something like this as a clan tournament, even though clans may be a bit different than your average tournament player. If you can do something similar, but about half the "size", I think it would be much better and more interesting for all.

If you ever get to the stage you would like to actually do something with this, please let me know, because it will need (my) approval before you start it. ;)

Lx
Clan Tournament Director
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby TheMissionary on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:31 pm

I think this would work if you just had a few people(4-6) from each clan participate, and they would be representing their clans in a similar manner as athletes represent their countries.
loutil wrote:PLEASE call him MISH and not Miss.
There is no miss ionary position. There is the mish ionary position. 8-)

https://buttonbashgamers.com/
Captain TheMissionary

Postby Mad777 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:23 am

Lindax wrote:When I was a Tournament Director I came up with the rule that any tournament may not be planned to last longer than a year. There were many reasons for that rule.

On the same basis I would be very hesitant to allow something like this as a clan tournament, even though clans may be a bit different than your average tournament player. If you can do something similar, but about half the "size", I think it would be much better and more interesting for all.

If you ever get to the stage you would like to actually do something with this, please let me know, because it will need (my) approval before you start it. ;)

Lx
Clan Tournament Director

Got it....thanks Lindax
Captain Mad777

Postby owenshooter on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Mad777 wrote:Hi folks, I've been working with the last months on getting a such a tournament online for clan only.

cool... do we have to provide our own sheet? the black jesus has spoken...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Return to Clan Archives