Conquer Club

Clan league results on war results page= spam?

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Clan league results on war results page= spam?

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:46 pm

I like to go check latest war scores of my clan or recent war performances of a given clan.
The problem is that those great pages, that are a huge improvement for the clan world are spammed by myriads of pointless clan league skirmish results that take just as much space as real wars.
There should be a separate clan leagues results tab and a war results tab from my perspective. I feel like mixing both makes it really hard to read and skirmishes have just nothing to do with wars.

CL6 match ups have just been added and active wars are now in the middle of nowhere on our clan results pages. I feel totally spammed.
Major betiko

Re: Clan league results on war results page= spam?

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:28 pm

They all have CL6 designation on them, it's not hard at all to find the regular wars.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:09 pm

IcePack wrote:They all have CL6 designation on them, it's not hard at all to find the regular wars.

I know they do, they are still occupying way too much space compared to the importance they have.
The CL6 Just spammed the top 18 lines on the results page for each clan, one line for home, one line for away... For pretty irrelevant skirmishes that will not start before a year or so for some of them.
There should at least be a filter box to check/uncheck them, or a spoiler that gives the details of each skirmish if you chose to click on it...
I always have to mentally skip cl5 lines...
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Won't start for a year? The very last round starts in March, which is 6 months away.
We group them together at the start so that they are not MIXED sporadically in with regular war results and are grouped 100% together so it's easier to find those results, and skip over them if you prefer.

Maybe at some point it can be looked at for additional filtering capability, but for now it's how we have to enter and track all the wars.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:42 pm

IcePack wrote:Won't start for a year? The very last round starts in March, which is 6 months away.
We group them together at the start so that they are not MIXED sporadically in with regular war results and are grouped 100% together so it's easier to find those results, and skip over them if you prefer.

Maybe at some point it can be looked at for additional filtering capability, but for now it's how we have to enter and track all the wars.

It s a good thing if they are grouped together, but right now they are an annoyance (all these lines will be an annoyance too once that competition ends). I still care very little of a small skirmish that will be played in 6 month time compared to ongoing wars, and i'm pretty sure it s the same for most people (don t know if people use as much as me that tab though).

I think this clan results page seriously needs a filter option to remove all clan league results, i know this should go in the suggestion forum but this suggestion is only for clan people, if I post it in the suggestions it will be trolled by none clan people with their own 2 cents.

(Side note: we have 17 lines for the cl6 i think you forgot one of the low-lhdd matchups?)
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:35 pm

Yeah understood. I use the tab all the time, but I guess I don't find it that big if am issue because I want to see all the results without having to go thru 2+ tabs

Far as the matches, I count 18 appears it's all there to me?
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:53 pm

IcePack wrote:Yeah understood. I use the tab all the time, but I guess I don't find it that big if am issue because I want to see all the results without having to go thru 2+ tabs

Hum sorry, it isn t against low... It s against rgx (lhdd home set)

I don t know what size of screen you have, but it s a real pain in the ass from a mobile/tablet.
Also, if you go an check a clan, the results that count are the war results and final clan league ranking (any clan can beat any clan over so little games; skirmish by skirmish results are irrelevant, what is interesting is the final clan league ranking)
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:14 pm

betiko wrote:
IcePack wrote:Yeah understood. I use the tab all the time, but I guess I don't find it that big if am issue because I want to see all the results without having to go thru 2+ tabs

I don t know what size of screen you have, but it s a real pain in the ass from a mobile/tablet.
Also, if you go an check a clan, the results that count are the war results and final clan league ranking (any clan can beat any clan over so little games; skirmish by skirmish results are irrelevant, what is interesting is the final clan league ranking)

I'm on a mobile or tablet 75% of the time (as I am right now)

I'll make sure the database is correct. Looks to be a display issue not that the two match ups aren't there.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:03 pm

IcePack wrote:
betiko wrote:

I'm on a mobile or tablet 75% of the time (as I am right now)

I'll make sure the database is correct. Looks to be a display issue not that the two match ups aren't there.

there were 17 matchups last time and 16 now that I recheck and there are supposed to be 10 oponents for each clan in second division therefore 20 matchups right?

also for the qualifying phase; when we did a draw against you guys or against IA, it says that FALL won and IA won unlike the other ties where both clans are mentioned as winners. can this be changed?
Major betiko

Postby Armandolas on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:56 pm

If the other wars were tagged like CL6 then it would be really easy to sort them by competition . For ex CC5 wars should have a CC5 Tag, and "friendly" wars should have a unique Tag as well.

Also the urls should be more accurate(like the latest improvement on searching games, where the url links specifically to the search)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:07 pm

Armandolas wrote:If the other wars were tagged like CL6 then it would be really easy to sort them by competition . For ex CC5 wars should have a CC5 Tag, and "friendly" wars should have a unique Tag as well.

Also the urls should be more accurate(like the latest improvement on searching games, where the url links specifically to the search)

Yeah that sounds great.
By the way i never asked... In the F400 is there the same coeficient for a friendly or a CC5 war for example?
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:04 pm

betiko wrote:
Armandolas wrote:If the other wars were tagged like CL6 then it would be really easy to sort them by competition . For ex CC5 wars should have a CC5 Tag, and "friendly" wars should have a unique Tag as well.

Yeah that sounds great.
By the way i never asked... In the F400 is there the same coeficient for a friendly or a CC5 war for example?

Generally speaking CC5 is just a collection of regular wars that all follow the same rules.
Each war has an ID number, but I don't see us labeling every single war with tags? The war names are the tags

Not sure what you mean by URL being accurate

Far as F400 wars are all the same, so just cuz it is CC5 war doesn't give it any special treatment
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby JPlo64 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:35 pm

IcePack wrote:
betiko wrote:

Yeah that sounds great.

Generally speaking CC5 is just a collection of regular wars that all follow the same rules.
Each war has an ID number, but I don't see us labeling every single war with tags? The war names are the tags

Far as F400 wars are all the same, so just cuz it is CC5 war doesn't give it any special treatment

So does that lead to an idea for new rankings where some wars are weighed more than others b/c of the context of the war?
Major JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:46 pm

If it's something that interests you, I say go for it. We've had plenty of ranking systems attempted over the years
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:04 am

IcePack wrote:If it's something that interests you, I say go for it. We've had plenty of ranking systems attempted over the years

I like the f400 and i think it is considered the official one for most. It s true that the CC cup is considered by all the clan world as the ultimate clan competition on this site, so if CC wars were weighted 1.2 or so compared to a friendly war i just think it would make more sense.

Considering the filter; yes it would be good to be able to have friendlies/clan competition labelled and to be able to select the ones you want to see/unsee. Have something presented differently for the clan league on another page, with dynamic ranking tables. That shouldn t be that hard to do and would improve our clan tab significantly.
Major betiko

Postby Armandolas on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:40 am

IcePack wrote:
betiko wrote:

Yeah that sounds great.

Well, the CL6 have unique tags before the war name[CL6] wich makes them very easy to sort. So if i try to find only CC4 wars of a clan, then they will all be mixed with the "regular" wars. Thats does not happen in CL6 because it is properly labeled

This is what i mean accurate: https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... &mode=find
This is like the old style.Not accurate when i share my search link for tofu wars in CL6: https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=showclans2

Colonel Armandolas

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Regarding the tags in the title database, it's something we can discuss perhaps.
Leagues are labeled as on their own the individual matches don't qualify for privs and are part of the larger competition. While CC5 etc are fully qualifying wars.

Far as F400 goes, there wouldn't be any additional weighting of matches within a competition (like CC5) all wars are treated equally the same for ranking.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:59 am

IcePack wrote:Regarding the tags in the title database, it's something we can discuss perhaps.
Leagues are labeled as on their own the individual matches don't qualify for privs and are part of the larger competition. While CC5 etc are fully qualifying wars.

Far as F400 goes, there wouldn't be any additional weighting of matches within a competition (like CC5) all wars are treated equally the same for ranking.

and what do you think of a dynamic ranking table for leagues? the way it's presented right now is really not ergonomic.
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 am

I think it can be looked at and possibly improved. I also know that it probably won't happen for a little while tho
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Clan Archives