Conquer Club

Ask the CD's

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Ask the CD's

Postby JPlo64 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:22 am

Do you have a question that's Clan related ?

Have a problem that needs resolving ?

Have a suggestion to improve the Clan world ?

Then 'Ask a CD' by posting it here.
Major JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director

Re: Ask the CD's

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:50 am

It's been a while since we had a regular Clans correspondant in the Dispatch. Would someone in the CD's like to take on the task of sending a monthly summary of significant events for us?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Mad777 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:46 pm

to piggy back on Duke's comment, the medal assignment is very, very, very slow since cheme has been remove from the team, any plan on having someone to stick behind this?
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby Lindax on Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:08 pm

Dukasaur wrote:It's been a while since we had a regular Clans correspondant in the Dispatch. Would someone in the CD's like to take on the task of sending a monthly summary of significant events for us?

Does it have to be a CD?

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:05 pm

Lindax wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:It's been a while since we had a regular Clans correspondant in the Dispatch. Would someone in the CD's like to take on the task of sending a monthly summary of significant events for us?

Does it have to be a CD?

Lx

No it doesn't, Swifte was heading this up previously. Anyone within the clan community could participate.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Mad777 wrote:to piggy back on Duke's comment, the medal assignment is very, very, very slow since cheme has been remove from the team, any plan on having someone to stick behind this?

A few things:
- it hasn't really been slow compared to before.
- it generally takes 1-4 weeks after completion (same as before)
- just because the war has been won / decided for 2-4 weeks, doesn't mean it'll get issued instantly when it's completed. Our 1-4 week timeframe starts when final game completed and marked in thread as final & fully complete
- as Leehar said elsewhere, make sure to mark war threads complete and post games to be entered in the database
- I am the one who issues them since cheme has left
- I have made efforts to help get the rest of the team trained for this so eventually it's not just 1 person
- right now is the furthest we've been behind, and right now we have issued up to mid November I think. We are behind because it's holidays, and I'm in the process of buying a house / moving. Should be caught up and back to the 1-4 week window shortly.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:25 am

IcePack wrote:
Mad777 wrote:to piggy back on Duke's comment, the medal assignment is very, very, very slow since cheme has been remove from the team, any plan on having someone to stick behind this?

- as Leehar said elsewhere, make sure to mark war threads complete and post games to be entered in the database

As soon as I see a war that's completed I make sure that the thread title is updated accordingly.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Mad777 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:35 am

Thanks guys, and good luck with your move... ;)
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby Lindax on Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:20 am

IcePack wrote:

A few things:
- it hasn't really been slow compared to before.
- it generally takes 1-4 weeks after completion (same as before)
- just because the war has been won / decided for 2-4 weeks, doesn't mean it'll get issued instantly when it's completed. Our 1-4 week timeframe starts when final game completed and marked in thread as final & fully complete
- I am the one who issues them since cheme has left
- I have made efforts to help get the rest of the team trained for this so eventually it's not just 1 person
- right now is the furthest we've been behind, and right now we have issued up to mid November I think. We are behind because it's holidays, and I'm in the process of buying a house / moving. Should be caught up and back to the 1-4 week window shortly.

He trained me to help with the medals, but after my latest FF update "Tournament Stats" doesn't work for me and that's one of the apps one needs....

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby codierose on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:05 pm

why was hall of fame archived
viewtopic.php?f=443&t=205512
Lieutenant codierose

Postby IcePack on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:18 pm

codierose wrote:why was hall of fame archived
viewtopic.php?f=443&t=205512

Probably lack of any posts for a few months
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby BG Warrior on Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:00 pm

How do you win birthday cake tokens
Lieutenant BG Warrior

Postby Leehar on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:04 am

Lindax wrote:

Does it have to be a CD?

Lx

Indeed, anyone can step up to the plate, and who knows, amaze us with their insights into the Clan Scene!

I know something I'd be interested in is an analysis of whats been happening in our premier clan competitions, the Cup and League, so if anyone who's following the action closely wants to share with the rest of the community?

I know betiko's been providing updates relating to his own clans progress in their League, and bracket of the Cup, so I'm sure Duke would be happy to have even a short article on those events.

BG Warrior wrote:How do you win birthday cake tokens

I think it involves winning Battle Royales :?:
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:44 pm

Leehar wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Does it have to be a CD?

Lx

Indeed, anyone can step up to the plate, and who knows, amaze us with their insights into the Clan Scene!

I know something I'd be interested in is an analysis of whats been happening in our premier clan competitions, the Cup and League, so if anyone who's following the action closely wants to share with the rest of the community?

I know betiko's been providing updates relating to his own clans progress in their League, and bracket of the Cup, so I'm sure Duke would be happy to have even a short article on those events.

BG Warrior wrote:How do you win birthday cake tokens

I think it involves winning Battle Royales :?:

Actually i m still part of the clan team in the dispatch and i write something once in a while but i m used to have swifte on my back... Or duka. Since i don t hear from them and i don t know when the next dispatch article is due each time..
And in second division i give updates of the league in general, not just my clan, even if i tend to talk more of the 4-5 clans fighting for the title.

Ps: we ve got some wars from november that still haven t been awarded medals. How long is 4 weeks max in calendar week time?
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Ps: we ve got some wars from november that still haven t been awarded medals. How long is 4 weeks max in calendar week time?

Like leehar said previously, typical is 4 weeks. We just went through holidays in nov / dec and we had a few training attempts that did not work out.
I just bought a house, so I'm currently moving. Once that's done, I will clear all medals that are due all in one day.
I apologize for the delay, and thanks for your continued patience.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:26 pm

@betiko - Dukasaur posts in Newsletter HQ for every issue deadline date.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:41 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:@betiko - Dukasaur posts in Newsletter HQ for every issue deadline date.

Yeah but i don t really go there to tell the truth.. Pretty used to pms and "are you gonna write something this issue.." I ll try to look at it this week.
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:30 am

betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:@betiko - Dukasaur posts in Newsletter HQ for every issue deadline date.

Yeah but i don t really go there to tell the truth.. Pretty used to pms and "are you gonna write something this issue.." I ll try to look at it this week.

It's just one thread that gets updated as required, not hard to check.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Leehar on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:17 pm

Just to get a vibe, how many folks are struggling with accepting invites because the page doesn't load as you log in?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:24 pm

Lindax wrote:He trained me to help with the medals, but after my latest FF update "Tournament Stats" doesn't work for me and that's one of the apps one needs....

Lx

I recently upgraded to the latest version of Greasemonkey, and now the old add-ons work for me with Firefox 34.0.5

It took a long time for Greasemonkey to catch up to whatever Firefox changed after version 30. but apparently it's finally happened.

I don't know about all the add-ons, since I use very few of them, but Tournament Stats is one of the ones I use all the time and it does work with my new set up. Check out the Greasemonkey site and see, maybe it will work for you.

iAmCaffeine wrote:
betiko wrote:

It's just one thread that gets updated as required, not hard to check.

Leehar, Swifte, IcePack and betiko have all written clan summaries of one kind or another for the Dispatch, at various times. Keefie has done a magnificent article which will be coming out shortly. Anyone is welcome to take a kick at the can.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby The_Samurai on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:12 am

I haven't experienced it, but several members of Retribution missed my original invites due to this problem.

Leehar wrote:Just to get a vibe, how many folks are struggling with accepting invites because the page doesn't load as you log in?
Best rank: Brigadier - ranked #45 | high score 3306 | 6 August 2015
Proud member of The Republic clan, and Co-leader of FBRD tribe
Major The_Samurai

Postby codierose on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:49 pm

hello CDs
on the clan tab page is there any reason why the players list does not get updated until a game has finished. personally i would prefer games playing added at beginning of war and win as they happen. would make it easier to follow how many games each member has played.

also when watching home games any chance the fog can be lifted so we can see whats going on.
Lieutenant codierose

Postby betiko on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:54 pm

codierose wrote:hello CDs
on the clan tab page is there any reason why the players list does not get updated until a game has finished. personally i would prefer games playing added at beginning of war and win as they happen. would make it easier to follow how many games each member has played.

also when watching home games any chance the fog can be lifted so we can see whats going on.

I think this should be a third figure. One for the games you're in, one for the games won, one for the games finished.
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:43 pm

betiko wrote:
codierose wrote:hello CDs

I think this should be a third figure. One for the games you're in, one for the games won, one for the games finished.

We add all players in the beginning of the war. The rest of it is automated, so it's not that we update it / enter them after. That must be how the automation was programmed.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby codierose on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:45 am

Cool if it's just a program any chance it can be changed
Lieutenant codierose

Next

Return to Clans