Conquer Club

Ask the CD's

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Ask the CD's

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:34 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:One person can accurately be the representative for a group of 40 people or less, no?

Theoretically. Not always in practice.

Our clan leaders are chosen for their warmaking abilities, not for their rhetoric. A good warrior is not always a good speaker.

My clan leader is a man of few words. He's always going to be the clan leader, because he does a great job of running our wars, but he's never going to be a great orator representing our thoughts. I'm sure ours isn't the only clan in that position. In fact I know it isn't.

Trying to make these war leaders be better communicators is a lost cause. You're just forcing round pegs into square holes. It means that the tiny number of clans with communicative leaders will dominate the discussion, while the overwhelming majority of clans will never have their views heard.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby IcePack on Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:38 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:One person can accurately be the representative for a group of 40 people or less, no?

Theoretically. Not always in practice.

Our clan leaders are chosen for their warmaking abilities, not for their rhetoric. A good warrior is not always a good speaker.

My clan leader is a man of few words. He's always going to be the clan leader, because he does a great job of running our wars, but he's never going to be a great orator representing our thoughts. I'm sure ours isn't the only clan in that position. In fact I know it isn't.

Trying to make these war leaders be better communicators is a lost cause. You're just forcing round pegs into square holes. It means that the tiny number of clans with communicative leaders will dominate the discussion, while the overwhelming majority of clans will never have their views heard.

No ones forcing the leader to also be the CAT rep. You can have a war planner, and a seperate CAT rep be someone who communicates well. Thereā€™s no requirement they be the same person.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:10 pm

I didn't know that.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Caymanmew on Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:14 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I didn't know that.

TOFU, FALL, FOED, LOW and GON all use non-leaders as their CAT Rep.

I can't speak to the inner workings of the war planning but at least in terms of contacts FALL, GON, and TOFU use non-leaders as their contacts. In CL11 S&M and LOW are also using non-leaders are their primary contact (secondary being a leader)

The title of leader means different things in different clans. Some clans like to make/leave people as leaders as a sign of respect without them taking on added responsibilities in the clan. Some clans have a group of people leading some have 1 person. Either way one or all of those people may not have an official leadership spot.

That being said I still support the idea of having multiple CAT reps, more people hopefully would mean more discussion which we surely need.
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby mdhill on Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:40 pm

CDs,

Are there plans for Conquer League 12? If so, what can we expect on timing? It looks like signups kicked off about this time of year for CLX, but CL11 kicked off a little later (I think because of CWC). Just trying to get a sense of whether we should be trying to put together a one-off war for the fall after RLX ends or if CL12 is around the corner and we should just wait until that.

Thanks,
mdhill
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier mdhill

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:04 pm

mdhill wrote:CDs,

Are there plans for Conquer League 12? If so, what can we expect on timing? It looks like signups kicked off about this time of year for CLX, but CL11 kicked off a little later (I think because of CWC). Just trying to get a sense of whether we should be trying to put together a one-off war for the fall after RLX ends or if CL12 is around the corner and we should just wait until that.

Thanks,
mdhill

Yes, we are planning CL12. Just be patient with us, we should be updating everyone soon. :)
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby IcePack on Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:52 am

https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=showclans1

Can someone explain the tournament % and scores?
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:16 pm

I was curious about that too. I thought it must have been tournies won as a % of the total entered but then I saw GON's numbers and now it doesn't make any sense at all - lol
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:49 pm

Keefie wrote:I was curious about that too. I thought it must have been tournies won as a % of the total entered but then I saw GON's numbers and now it doesn't make any sense at all - lol

Yeah, I tried figuring it out. The scoring system and percentage and just had a bunch of ?'s which is why I posted.
Some clans who do well in events have low scores, some have high scores, so I can't even tell if low or high score is good.
Hoped posting here would get some clarity, seems potentially interesting anyway.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:10 pm

Was this a really hard question ???
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:22 pm

This doesn't have anything to do with the CDs, rather the Admin. The webmaster response is that it wasn't being calculated previously, now it is.

Any further questions about this should be directed to the Admins.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Keefie on Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:43 pm

Wow, how sad is that. When I find out the answer, I'll post it here.
Last edited by Keefie on Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Caymanmew on Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:09 pm

Keefie wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:This doesn't have anything to do with the CDs, rather the Admin. The webmaster response is that it wasn't being calculated previously, now it is.

Stop trying to cause trouble dude...

You can see the mod forums and know what is going on. You know full well this is not the CD's doing and could have directly asked Big Wham in the mod thread about this. When he is ready to share what he is up to publicly he will, in fact, you can see an approximate time of when that will be in the mod thread.
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Keefie on Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:58 pm

Caymanmew wrote:
Keefie wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:This doesn't have anything to do with the CDs, rather the Admin. The webmaster response is that it wasn't being calculated previously, now it is.

Stop trying to cause trouble dude...

You can see the mod forums and know what is going on. You know full well this is not the CD's doing and could have directly asked Big Wham in the mod thread about this. When he is ready to share what he is up to publicly he will, in fact, you can see an approximate time of when that will be in the mod thread.

Not at all. I was just very surprised to get such a non answer.

As for a connection to the mods forum. Sorry I really didn't make any connection with that to these changes.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:35 pm

Here is an updated Admin response:

bigWham wrote:It was done more for tribes than clans, because the tournament team noticed these numbers were all 0 for tribes.

the calcs are very simple, its the number of tournaments you've entered, the number you've won, then a primitive score calculation that is based on how many other teams were in each tournament. for each win for SCORE the number of opponent clans/tribes, and then we do something like:

TOTALSCORE = 1000*SUM[SCORE]/MAXSCORE

The score calculation is not meant to be serious in the way clans have done their scoring.

I hope this answer from bigWham is satisfactory for you.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Keefie on Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:28 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Here is an updated Admin response:

bigWham wrote:It was done more for tribes than clans, because the tournament team noticed these numbers were all 0 for tribes.

the calcs are very simple, its the number of tournaments you've entered, the number you've won, then a primitive score calculation that is based on how many other teams were in each tournament. for each win for SCORE the number of opponent clans/tribes, and then we do something like:

TOTALSCORE = 1000*SUM[SCORE]/MAXSCORE

The score calculation is not meant to be serious in the way clans have done their scoring.

I hope this answer from bigWham is satisfactory for you.

Thanks JD I appreciate your more detailed reply :) I really didn't connect between the changes I saw and the other thread mentioned. Cayman, interfering and stirring the pot didn't help either.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby HardAttack on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:54 am

Through tabs, THE GAME / MAPS / SCOREBOARD / TOURNAMENTS / CLANS / COMMUNITY;

once i hit the CLANS then select proper filtering parameters,
i fail to see my name registered in Legends of War clan squad...
Can not see my name in active / completed clan league and clan war challenges.
I am fighting for LoW clan roughly 1 month or bit more,
i still do show in my ex clan, ICON.

Is there anything can be done to fix the issue pls ?

Kind regards,
HA.

O:)
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Keefie on Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:40 am

I just looked and you're showing up in LOW.

Try clearing your cookies and cache.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby HardAttack on Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:42 am

Keefie wrote:I just looked and you're showing up in LOW.

http://prntscr.com/x7jrfo

did so, i still fail to see my name in the list. :cry:
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:48 am

HardAttack wrote:

When a war is created by CDs, they add all the current players of the clans to the player lists you see there. If you joined after that 'page' was created, you won't show up. Best to wall/pm a CD directly and ask kindly if they could manually add you.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:10 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
HardAttack wrote:

When a war is created by CDs, they add all the current players of the clans to the player lists you see there. If you joined after that 'page' was created, you won't show up. Best to wall/pm a CD directly and ask kindly if they could manually add you.

EW is right. HA, which war are you referring to?
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby HardAttack on Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:59 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
HardAttack wrote:

EW is right. HA, which war are you referring to?

Thank you EW & JD for your quick attentions, also Keffie =D>
Do hate to bring up extra work load for you CDs, on the other hand i ll be more than glad and appreciate in case this of my little problem gets to a solution :)

Wars i am referring to are;
Clan League Series;
KNT vs LOW
LOW vs KNT
BOB vs LOW
LOW vs BOB
DBD vs LOW
LOW vs DBD

and please include all remaining, scheduled but not yet started future clan league challenges for LOW clan.

To add more, i do not feel any trouble showing in ICON while i am not a member for, feel free to pls delete my name from ICON clan clan league schedules

Kind regards,
HA.
O:)

P.S. In case additional information is needed, such as what those scheduled but not yet started ones are, or such as links for clan league wars, i am gladly help here, just let me know pls.
Colonel HardAttack

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:13 am

my guess is this applies to any roster changes since the league started. can you let us know when this will be sorted? example: https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... WarId=3809
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:21 am

Before the league starts they create all the matchups so that the war numbers are together. When they do that it records the players from each clan. Once a match-up is finished they close it. Before they close it they refresh the roster so they are correct. (it add people missed, it does not remove anyone)

For example LOW vs VNM has HardAttack in it.

So thing will be "fixed" as the matchups finish and are closed.
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:51 pm

yeah i mean how it works is kinda obvious lol
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

PreviousNext

Return to Clans