Conquer Club

Top 10 Clans of All Time

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:33 am

rockfist wrote:I don't know josko well, but I think part of the reason he is disliked is the same reason that top clans are disliked. I guarantee most people (clan world or otherwise) do not even understand a lot of the moves he makes; they are usually brilliant. I do not always understand some of the stuff he does - and (on paper at least) I'm better than most people. So people pick him apart to make themselves feel better about their CC abilities. But tearing him down, doesn't make them better players or better people. Maybe he broke the rules a long time ago - maybe he did not. I do not care. I want to beat him and S&M now and I can't worry about the past.

I think this is 90% of why most people dislike others on the site. Then 10% is cause they are legitimately dicks :lol:
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:51 am

you gotta have a weak ass mental to dislike someone for being good
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:42 am

How many people are truly mentally strong on this site or the Clan World? Probably less than you think.
Major rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:31 pm

rockfist wrote:Probably less than you think.

idk about that
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Shannon Apple on Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:04 pm

rockfist wrote:I don't know josko well, but I think part of the reason he is disliked is the same reason that top clans are disliked. I guarantee most people (clan world or otherwise) do not even understand a lot of the moves he makes; they are usually brilliant. I do not always understand some of the stuff he does - and (on paper at least) I'm better than most people. So people pick him apart to make themselves feel better about their CC abilities. But tearing him down, doesn't make them better players or better people. Maybe he broke the rules a long time ago - maybe he did not. I do not care. I want to beat him and S&M now and I can't worry about the past.

Haha! I agree 100% with this.

Anyone who had ever played other clan games like MMOs or such knows this to be true. People ALWAYS hate the clans at the top because it gives them something to aim for. CC grew out of some of that though. (I think) Now that S&M/KoRT and ToFU actually get along people aren't quite as vicious out there. I think our clan rivalry back in the day kinda fueled the cheating allegations too and they grew legs. It is kinda funny when you think about it. :lol: :lol:
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:14 pm

I smell a new project once my player rankings are completed...
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby IcePack on Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:22 pm

REP is going to pretty awesome :) you’re right :p
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu May 06, 2021 4:49 pm

This previously was done back in 2016, seems like ages ago.

New 2021 Version:

1. S&M/Kort - Clear #1 of All Time, IMO still. 100% win ratio for final appearances in the Cup. Regular threat in the Leagues
2. TOFU - Clear #2 of All Time. More regular appearances but less win ratio. I tend to weigh the Cup more heavily, and even with more appearances S&M/KORT has an extra win.
3. FALL - I think with Cup and CL performances, while THOTA was more dominant during their time, FALL has now eclipsed them when viewed under the guise of "Of All Time" metric.
4. LHDD - Lots of strong performances, but they haven't been as consistent as FALL.
5. THOTA - still amazing and can't fault them for other not standing the test of time. I wish they played longer, but they went out on top.
6. FOED - while in a lull currently, I think they've eclipsed the LOW and IA's of past.
7. OSA - over time they've become King's of Random League. Strong performances and take on anyone who asks
8. LOW - strong old performances and continue, albeit lower nowadays to this day.
9. IA - probably one of my favorite old clans, wish they were around longer as well
10. ACE - burned hot and bright, but only for a brief moment.

IcePack wrote:Ok, I'll bite and take a shot at an updated version based on current events. I probably am putting more stock on "current" clans then "historical" since I don't know just HOW significant some of the historical stuff is, but I've been around awhile (2010) so I feel I can pretty accurately judge "top 10 in the last 5+ years pretty well. My list also emphasizes titles before strong clans in general.

1. KORT/S&M - The most titles, very competitive clan. Trending a bit down, but don't count them out especially with the new TSM Merger. 5 major titles. Holds plenty of clan ranking records and generally the ones competing with TOFU for #1 ranking the last couple of years.
2. TOFU - Very strong lineup, always seems to be attracting top talent. Personally, they were the most challenging I feel I faced as a war planner so far. 2 Major titles, and several runners ups. Consistently at the top and has several clan ranking records as well.
3. THOTA - I joined clans right before they folded, but everything I had seen and heard really made these guys a feared clan with amazing talents. Wish I could have faced them before they disbanded. 1 Major title. I put them lower than TOFU due to the longevity TOFU seems to have had, even though its "modern" history instead of "the good ol' days".
4. LOW - A long, rich history of competition and when they are on their game - tough and extremely fun to play against. 1 Major title + RL victory.
5. IA - Similar to LOW, long history and strong competitors. I almost put them in the honorable mention list since they disbanded, however they were worth keeping in the list since its only recently gone away. 1 Major title.
6. FALL - Debuted in the top 10 even when others doubted them. Very consistently remained in the top 10 since established. Recently won their first major title. Only clan other than KORT/S&M, TOFU, and ACE to be ranked #1 in recent memory.
7. FOED - I feel FOED gets underestimated a lot of times, while going through a low patch recently they've seen another resurgence as of late. One only needs to look at their performance in the Random League (1 win and two runners up) to see their ability to compete well in most any circumstance.
8. ACE - Close to two titles, winners of the first three 1vs1 Clan competitions, and taking into account the history of EMP and AOC combined puts them just above LHDD in my rankings. Definitely a strong clan roster and could pose a threat to any competition that they take seriously.
9. LHDD - A strong clan that nearly made the finals to the CCup this year, and winner of the Random Cup. I expect another strong year for this clan in 2016.
10. OSA - Always a fun clan that will take on anyone, they compete at a high level every time and strong competitors in the Random League each year as well.

Honorable Mentions:
TSM, EMP, AOC - since these merged / went away, I considered their accomplishments along with their new / parent clans. I would probably also mention PACK, who definitely could make the list in years forward if they find their stride as they previously had very high expectations for their success.

Bruceswar wrote:1. KORT - 5 Major Titles - More than double anybody else.
2. THOTA - The Clan to beat until KORT did it. At 100% strength they can beat anybody on any day. 1 Major title.
3. TOFU - 1 Major title and always in the mix.
4. TSM - Been so close so many times but has no major titles as of yet.
5. LoW - Tough as Nails in their prime. 1 Major Title, and also a Random League win.
6. IA - 1 Major title and always mixes it up.
7. ACE - They could surely move up this list quick. Looks like a 1st major title and working on a 2nd. Also won a Random League
8. EMP - Now ACE this clan was a force to be reckon with.
9. AOC - The other part to ACE. They started as a crap clan and quickly built up to a top tier clan. Never overlook AOC.
10. OSA - These guys are just that pesky clan that is always so close to winning the big one. They have won the random league 2 times.

Just my thoughts.What are yours?
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 06, 2021 7:22 pm

i like 8 of your top 10. i dont think LOW really earn a spot. they prob get a top 12. OSA i would put around 10th, potentially. would need to think about it.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby niMic on Sat May 08, 2021 2:01 pm

IcePack wrote:This previously was done back in 2016, seems like ages ago.

New 2021 Version:

5. THOTA - still amazing and can't fault them for other not standing the test of time. I wish they played longer, but they went out on top.

They didn't go out on top, we beat them :mrgreen: I'd have them in 3rd, though. Maybe I'm being blinded by nostalgia, but I remember what a massive challenge they were to defeat. They were pretty much KORT/S&M/TOFU all in one before those clans existed, true domination.
Highest score: 3690
Highest rank: 21
General niMic

Postby IcePack on Sat May 08, 2021 2:36 pm

niMic wrote:
IcePack wrote:This previously was done back in 2016, seems like ages ago.

New 2021 Version:

They didn't go out on top, we beat them :mrgreen: I'd have them in 3rd, though. Maybe I'm being blinded by nostalgia, but I remember what a massive challenge they were to defeat. They were pretty much KORT/S&M/TOFU all in one before those clans existed, true domination.

I know they were beaten, but they were still at top of their game not slowly dying out etc. and nostalgia is a strong thing, but how many years has it been now? For me, “of all time” also includes staying power and others have outlasted and performed well.
While they were awesome, it was short lived. The others have had to surpass them and outlast them, but IMO anyway, that time has occurred and happened. No longer 3rd of all time.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby willedtowin1 on Sat May 08, 2021 3:40 pm

OSA at 10 is an Insult.
For the Past 10 years We mostly hovered around 7 or 8 in the monthly rankings.
Take on anyone who asks ( Which the Top 5 Never have IMO ).
Play almost every tournament listed for Clan play ( Which the Top 5 Never have IMO ).
Rag Tag Group of feisty individuals that don't spend there life on the internet.
And Pretty Damn Competitive...............
And that's the last 10 Years of my experience.

Benga is a Magician and Has committed so much for this site and Our ( OSA ) Ultimate Enjoyment.
Think OSA deserves a higher ranking than 10 simply just for this alone.
No Ego...... and one Hell of a Man.
Thank You Benga

Your Mileage may very
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat May 08, 2021 4:19 pm

willedtowin1 wrote:OSA at 10 is an Insult.
Play almost every tournament listed for Clan play ( Which the Top 5 Never have IMO ).
Rag Tag Group of feisty individuals that don't spend there life on the internet.

Benga is a Magician and Has committed so much for this site and Our ( OSA ) Ultimate Enjoyment.
Thank You Benga

Your Mileage may very

I think you misread, Ice has OSA at 7 with his updated list.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby willedtowin1 on Sat May 08, 2021 5:33 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:

Thank You Benga

Your Mileage may very

I think you misread, Ice has OSA at 7 with his updated list.

Appreciate that and did recognize.....
Its the other Yahoo's I was referring to ;)

And no offense ment to those that spend a lot of time on the internet.
In General OSA spends limited time online. That's just how we Roll........ haha
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby Fewnix on Sat May 08, 2021 11:10 pm

If you are bored ,looking for something to do, how about a clan ranking system similar to the one used for individuals?
Score
Conquer Club members are initially given a score of 1000. At the end of each game, the winner takes points away from each loser. The points to be awarded is calculated as (loser's score / winner's score) * 20, up to a maximum of 100 points from each opponent.

To start each clan is at 1000 points and either wins 20 points in a war or loses 20.

as events unfold some wars will be worth a 21-19 split, some even going to 22-18 split. Probably want to round off decimal points to whole numbers - a 20.x win, 19.x loss becomes a 21 point win. 19 point loss.

Clan wars take a long time but, after a few wars there starts to be a bit of a spread, some clans over 1000 points, headed up to 1100, 1100+, some clans headed down to 900 points, 900- ,most clans clustered in the middle, say between 950 and 1050.

As the spread widens over the years the monthly? ranking will show the changes, with some clear objective ranking when two clans square off, was this an upset for a objectively measured high ranking clan, losing to an objectively measured low ranked clan, losing a lot of points , dropping in overall ranking compared to other clans, or a standard to be expected ahigher ranked clan beats lower ranked clan event? Do we have rising stars and past their best days clans? By objective measurement.
-----------
Now, for even more fun, you could go back a number of years, depending on what the archived records allow, maybe 10? years and start by ranking the clans active then ( 2010?) and new clans as they emerge, at 1000. Then, "At the end of each game, the winner takes points away from each loser. The points to be awarded is calculated as (loser's score / winner's score) * 20, up to a maximum of 100 points from each opponent".

So you can track clans by some semblance of objective measurement as they followed their paths over the years , some stretches going up as they win more wars over equally ranked or higher ranked clans than they lose, lose few games to lower ranked clans. some stretches going down as they lose to lower ranked clans. Some clans no longer around may have hae a good run, gone down in a blaze of glory, high ranked champions, their like never to be seen again, some clans may have faded away or gone out with a whimper, dropped down to ... and just ceased, some may still be fighting the good fight.

and you can truly say by some semblance of objective measurement which were the top 10 clans of all time and rank them from #1 to #10. Or rank the top whatever number you want, from 1 down to 18+.clans now,

So we could have a histoical ranking showing a different top 10 for todays active clans of :
Fall, S & M, A>, LHDD, TOFU, ICON, OSA, FOED,ATL,FOEDc

and this new ranking would be used in the future by:" At the end of each game, the winner takes points away from each loser. The points to be awarded is calculated as (loser's score / winner's score) * 20, up to a maximum of 100 points from each opponent"

Just a suggestion :D

Appreciate all that you have done, are doing and will do.
=D> =D> =D>
Rule 1
show
Lieutenant Fewnix

Postby JPlo64 on Sun May 09, 2021 7:34 am

Here is D400 Rankings with practically 0 time decay, so basically a historical ranking.
Obviously this is not the best way to choose a Top 10, but maybe a little interesting.

1 TOFU 1297.6 4046.5
2 THOTA 1285.7 1042.8
3 S&M 1277.1 4698.5
4 A^ 1246.3 1060.9
5 FALL 1209.4 4488.8
6 EMP 1201.5 1686.3
7 TSM 1199.8 1713.4
8 TOP 1192.4 1418.6
9 ACE 1192.4 1464.1
10 AOC 1185.1 1318.7
show: 11-66
Major JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Lindax on Sun May 09, 2021 8:01 am

Sounds pretty objective to me. Anyway, missing +++The Legion+++?

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby JPlo64 on Sun May 09, 2021 8:17 am

Lindax wrote:Sounds pretty objective to me. Anyway, missing +++The Legion+++?

Lx

+++The Legion+++ changed name to The Olympus Legion (OLE)
Major JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby rockfist on Sun May 09, 2021 9:24 am

It’s interesting. It clearly makes the case for TOFU above THOTA, which I agree with but I have us 2nd behind S&M. I’m fine with Fallen ahead on THOTA in 3rd, I agree with that. 4th I have close between LHDD and THOTA. I’d probably lean towards LHDD there, their peak may not be as high but they’ve had several and been competitive longer. Nothing against A^ but I think it ranks them too high for now.
Major rockfist

Postby IcePack on Sun May 09, 2021 10:31 am

rockfist wrote:It’s interesting. It clearly makes the case for TOFU above THOTA, which I agree with but I have us 2nd behind S&M. I’m fine with Fallen ahead on THOTA in 3rd, I agree with that. 4th I have close between LHDD and THOTA. I’d probably lean towards LHDD there, their peak may not be as high but they’ve had several and been competitive longer. Nothing against A^ but I think it ranks them too high for now.

Seems like our thoughts are pretty similar here. Interesting it’s rating A^ ahead, but a little early IMO for that. Perhaps achievements weighed on length of time, THOTA and A^ might have a case for results in short period of existence.

But for “all time” IMO, there’s a durability / time factor and total accomplishments that gets considered too.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Fewnix on Sun May 09, 2021 12:00 pm

COOL!
=D> =D> =D>

Seems some interest in this "historical ranking" - keep it up, tell us more please =D> =D>

For example, do you have, could you share "historical" rankings for all clans-over the years??

You show 66 clans have existed historically but it seems barely 20 clans currently are active enough to get a ranking by some metrics . So about 40 clans have gone "inactive", most never to be seen again, they passed on or merged with other clans. Could you plot all 66 clans over the years ,say on a yearly basis, from say 2010? :,

Has TOFU always been and should always be #1? ,except perhaps it had a bad year some years, when it faced stiff competition, and more weight was given to those tough battles,, it has more impact on that ranking, than weight was given to the previous glory days, when it won every (almost every) war?

When did ACE emerge in these rankings ? was it as a new clan starting at the equivalent of the 1000 points a new recruit starts at in CC? and a meteoric rise to the top, cook to colonel in a year?

There were times my clan RGV, not a very active or competitive clan, had some weight in some rankings, say at one time 18th out of 22, but we are now considered unranked by those metrics Historically it appears we are 34th of 66 -RGV 957.7 1502.3 .. Presumably there were some years of some movement, we went up a bit, some years down a bit. Some interest, as the new CD of RGV, in seeing that movement, trying to see what could be a reasonable goal for us to aim to go for in terms of this "historical", ranking, IF, big If, we become more active, more competitive- could we rank above half a dozen of the 20+ clans alive today, active or inactive, in the top half of the historical 66 clans ?
Which leads to the big question, your call and obviously only if you would have fun doing it , would you be interested in updating this "historical" ranking on something like a monthly basis ,with data showing top ranked TOFU facing some serious challenges to its #1 ranking? and RGV with some ranking.
--
Really appreciate what you have done,, are doing and will do

thank you

=D> =D> =D>
:D :D :D
1 TOFU 1297.6 4046.5
2 THOTA 1285.7 1042.8
3 S&M 1277.1 4698.5
4 A^ 1246.3 1060.9
5 FALL 1209.4 4488.8
6 EMP 1201.5 1686.3
7 TSM 1199.8 1713.4
8 TOP 1192.4 1418.6
9 ACE 1192.4 1464.1
10 AOC 1185.1 1318.7
[/quote]
Rule 1
show
Lieutenant Fewnix

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun May 09, 2021 3:17 pm

Thank You Benga

Your Mileage may very

see i agree with most of what you said, but i don't think you said anything that makes a case for why OSA should be a top 10 all time clan. yes, you're nearly always competitive. played the most wars. join every event. always throw a punch back. always hovered around the top 10, i want to say around 7-13 consistently? but that doesn't make you a top 10 clan of all time.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon May 10, 2021 10:26 am

JPlo64 wrote:Here is D400 Rankings with practically 0 time decay, so basically a historical ranking.
Obviously this is not the best way to choose a Top 10, but maybe a little interesting.

1 TOFU 1297.6 4046.5
2 THOTA 1285.7 1042.8
3 S&M 1277.1 4698.5
4 A^ 1246.3 1060.9
5 FALL 1209.4 4488.8
6 EMP 1201.5 1686.3
7 TSM 1199.8 1713.4
8 TOP 1192.4 1418.6
9 ACE 1192.4 1464.1
10 AOC 1185.1 1318.7

For the most part this actually looks pretty good to me. The only thing I feel missing is I would definitely think LHDD should be top 10 in some fashion on most lists. Obviously this is a numbers one and most of those top 10 feel pretty good/worthy of being there or at least within a position or 2 of where I would put them. I do think from an all time perspective A^ hasn't quite shown the stickiness I would rate many of those other clans as having. But I'd also just combine ACE/AOC/EMP to make some room for them as ACE wasn't particularly long-lived.

iAmCaffeine wrote:

Thank You Benga

Your Mileage may very

see i agree with most of what you said, but i don't think you said anything that makes a case for why OSA should be a top 10 all time clan. yes, you're nearly always competitive. played the most wars. join every event. always throw a punch back. always hovered around the top 10, i want to say around 7-13 consistently? but that doesn't make you a top 10 clan of all time.

Agreed, hovering around that rank for awhile doesn't really get you top 10 status imo. A long-standing clan for sure, but there are a lot of others that I might say were "better" since they had peaks much higher than OSA. If the ranking was for the most consistent clan, I think OSA would rank very highly.
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby rockfist on Mon May 10, 2021 10:32 am

IcePack wrote:
rockfist wrote:It’s interesting. It clearly makes the case for TOFU above THOTA, which I agree with but I have us 2nd behind S&M. I’m fine with Fallen ahead on THOTA in 3rd, I agree with that. 4th I have close between LHDD and THOTA. I’d probably lean towards LHDD there, their peak may not be as high but they’ve had several and been competitive longer. Nothing against A^ but I think it ranks them too high for now.

Seems like our thoughts are pretty similar here. Interesting it’s rating A^ ahead, but a little early IMO for that. Perhaps achievements weighed on length of time, THOTA and A^ might have a case for results in short period of existence.

But for “all time” IMO, there’s a durability / time factor and total accomplishments that gets considered too.

I'm not surprised. We've been looking at the same information for a long period of time, but perhaps from slightly different perspectives.

The thing for me is THOTA dominated the pre-cup era, which I think was several years. A^ won the league very early in their existence, which is a fantastic accomplishment, but I have not seen them dominate for a year or two yet. It seems with the league and cup its very difficult to dominate for an extended period of time, I didn't play prior to that era so I am not qualified to comment on the relative difficulty of dominating. S&M can make the case that they have dominated in the cup era more than anyone else, but TOFU and Fallen would also have cases for dominating periods of time.
Major rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon May 10, 2021 11:32 am

Swimmerdude99 wrote:Agreed, hovering around that rank for awhile doesn't really get you top 10 status imo. A long-standing clan for sure, but there are a lot of others that I might say were "better" since they had peaks much higher than OSA. If the ranking was for the most consistent clan, I think OSA would rank very highly.

yeah exactly. in terms of consistency and longevity, i think OSA are top 3. but their peaks don't match others.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

PreviousNext

Return to Clans