Conquer Club

Top 10 Clans of All Time

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:27 am

1. KORT - 5 Major Titles - More than double anybody else.
2. THOTA - The Clan to beat until KORT did it. At 100% strength they can beat anybody on any day. 1 Major title.
3. TOFU - 1 Major title and always in the mix.
4. TSM - Been so close so many times but has no major titles as of yet.
5. LoW - Tough as Nails in their prime. 1 Major Title, and also a Random League win.
6. IA - 1 Major title and always mixes it up.
7. ACE - They could surely move up this list quick. Looks like a 1st major title and working on a 2nd. Also won a Random League
8. EMP - Now ACE this clan was a force to be reckon with.
9. AOC - The other part to ACE. They started as a crap clan and quickly built up to a top tier clan. Never overlook AOC.
10. OSA - These guys are just that pesky clan that is always so close to winning the big one. They have won the random league 2 times.

Just my thoughts.What are yours?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:04 am

I think that using 3 spots for ace/empire/aoc is kind of moot! ;) Also... you count the random league as a major title for ace but not for other clans?
also, thota ahead of tofu? nah. Tofu has been on the top much longer than thota ever did. I'd rank them second best of all times hands down. Also, they will most likely win the cl6 this year.
also... how is pack behind osa?
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:31 am

betiko wrote:I think that using 3 spots for ace/empire/aoc is kind of moot! ;) Also... you count the random league as a major title for ace but not for other clans?
also, thota ahead of tofu? nah. Tofu has been on the top much longer than thota ever did. I'd rank them second best of all times hands down. Also, they will most likely win the cl6 this year.

I tend to agree, not only that ACE is way up the list pretty soon. No CCup title yet. And technically no league either looks like TOFU might take it. So all they have so far is a random league and a few weaker wars.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:03 pm

IcePack wrote:
betiko wrote:I think that using 3 spots for ace/empire/aoc is kind of moot! ;) Also... you count the random league as a major title for ace but not for other clans?

I tend to agree, not only that ACE is way up the list pretty soon. No CCup title yet. And technically no league either looks like TOFU might take it. So all they have so far is a random league and a few weaker wars.

Yeah the thing here is that bruce includes empire's and aoc's successes under ace.. Yet he places aoc and empire in his ranking, ridiculous.
Major betiko

Postby demonfork on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:28 pm

This list is a joke right?
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:47 pm

demonfork wrote:This list is a joke right?

What s your top 10, joe?
Major betiko

Postby Lindax on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:07 pm

betiko wrote:

What s your top 10, joe?

What's yours beti?

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby chemefreak on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Fun list Bruce.

I agree with your Top 3, but not the order. THOTA was hands down the most imposing clan to ever play on CC. They are #1. Then TOFU and KORT are tied for #2.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby demonfork on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:22 pm

betiko wrote:

What s your top 10, joe?

KORT over THOTA is absolutely laughable. Not sure how he can leave The Pack off of the list and keep a straight face. (for starters).
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby JPlo64 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:31 pm

question: are there past clan battles that are not recorded in the database of results one sees via the clan tab?
I guess so since there is no CL 1,2 or 3 and no RL before 5.
Major JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:36 pm

JPlo64 wrote:question: are there past clan battles that are not recorded in the database of results one sees via the clan tab?

I believe all wars are entered, but CL and RL were cumbersome to load all at once due to the man hours required to collect that data.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby JPlo64 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:19 pm

IcePack wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:question: are there past clan battles that are not recorded in the database of results one sees via the clan tab?

I believe all wars are entered, but CL and RL were cumbersome to load all at once due to the man hours required to collect that data.

Is it possible to do a historical clan ranking with the F400 system?
Major JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:27 pm

JPlo64 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

I guess there would be a way to do this, yes...but I would have to rework the database from start to finish to include all the clans that have been "removed" and tell it that they are still around. Its kind of a pain...its much easier to historically rank all the existing clans, but not including all the historical clans.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby JBlombier on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:48 pm

When I entered CC, THOTA wasn't the clan to beat. It was the clan you couldn't beat. That doesn't apply to KoRT, but they reign in a different time. I agree that they are the best clan in the past couple of years, but since there are a lot of other clans and a lot of good players united in those clans, perhaps KoRT's achievement is greater than THOTA's. It's arbitrary for sure, but I lean towards KoRT on this one.

Leaving The Pack out is indeed a bad decision. The same goes for the ranks of ACE-Empire-AoC, which should just be ACE.

Just for the sake of discussion, this is my list:
1. KoRT
2. THOTA
3. TOFU
4. TSM
5. ACE
6. IA
7. PACK
8. LoW (probably not the 8th best clan, but they are an all-time classic who are still competing with the best)
9. LHDD (a strong rise to the top and they seem to stay there)
10. FOED

11. VDLL of course, we've been here since forever, never made and never will make the top, but we've never given up either. Counts for something, aye?
Major JBlombier

Postby JPlo64 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:32 pm

IcePack wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

I guess there would be a way to do this, yes...but I would have to rework the database from start to finish to include all the clans that have been "removed" and tell it that they are still around. Its kind of a pain...its much easier to historically rank all the existing clans, but not including all the historical clans.

Maybe an easy way to do it would be to just do an average F400 Rating
Major JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Lindax on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:49 pm

chemefreak wrote:Fun list Bruce.

I agree with your Top 3, but not the order. THOTA was hands down the most imposing clan to ever play on CC. They are #1. Then TOFU and KORT are tied for #2.

The only reason THOTA was the most imposing was because they had all the good players and were the one and only clan back then. Nowadays all of this is divided between 2 clans: TOFU and KORT. Obviously, now having 2 clans sharing the greatness, things look different....

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:12 am

I stand corrected. I assumed ACE was going to win CL 6.

I still stand by AOC, ACE and Empire Being included as all 3 are different clans.

@ Demonfork Name one major final or title that pack has won? I do not even remember them in one semis. Are they a good clan. Sure, but others are better in terms of results. Also THOTA was the top clan for sure, but now time has passed and KORT has overtaken them, by winning 5 titles to THOTA's 1. That does not mean at 100% each KORT would blow out THOTA, but that does say the body of work is greater for KORT than THOTA. PS The one time they met KORT won the match and CC1 ;)

All of those people who say pack are top 10 all time. Please remind me of what they have won? How many times have they been in a finals of a CC Cup? or in the playoffs or finals of the league? Are they a solid clan, Sure, but not top 10 of all time. You could argue they are better than OSA, but I give the nod to OSA due to winning 2 random leagues.

CC1 DNP
CC2 DNP
CC3 QF
CC4 DNP
CC5 RD of 16

CL1 DNP
CL2 DNP
CL3 DNP
CL4 Tied for 2nd in D1 with Empire
CL5 DNP
CL6 DNP

So please someone defend PACK. The PACK's Best wins are over IA by 5, OSA by 7 2 times, and Empire by 15.. With losses from TOFU, by 4, TNC by 3, and a Retooled LHDD by 17(Not the LHDD they beat 2 years ago). With pack only playing in 3 of the 11 major events it is hard to include them in any top 10 list, when they have not played many top 10 clans. Going by my list they have played 1 top 5 clan of all time. TOFU in which they lost to and 3 more top 10 clans, EMP, OSA, and IA in non clan event matches.

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:36 am

BTW for those of you who are sooo concerned with now. My top 10 would be different by far.

1. TOFU
2. KORT
3. ACE
4. LHDD
5. LEG
6. FALL
7. TSM
8. PACK
9. FOED
10. IA

I am basing this off of overall clan health, strength and performance right now.
Last edited by Bruceswar on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby IcePack on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:45 am

Bruceswar wrote:BTW for those of you who are sooo concerned with now. My top 10 would be different by far.

1. TOFU
2. KORT
3. ACE
4. LHDD
5. LEG
6. TSM
7. FALL
8. PACK
9. FOED
10. IA

I am basing this off of overall clan health, strength and performance right now.

FALL beat TSM in our war. FALL beat LHDD, LEG, and KORT in CL6 matches, and tied / just lost to both TOFU and ACE in CL6. We are also now beating ACE in unfinished CC5 war. I find your ordering a little perplexing. KORT is struggling as of late in CL6 and just keeping above leg ATM in the CC5.

For health, strength and performance "right now" I don't really think this is accurate.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:47 am

You are correct on FALL. I did not remember the TSM war. in which case I would put you at 6 and maybe above legion.

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:27 am

Bruceswar wrote:You are correct on FALL. I did not remember the TSM war. in which case I would put you at 6 and maybe above legion.

you can't possibly think that kort is better than ace right now.... I'm pretty sure too we'd give you guys a spanking. kort right now is barely top 5, fallen would also give you guys a spanking. You've barely won 50% of your games in the CL6, struggling to be mid table and legion is giving you a real hard time in the cc5. you guys are nowhere near the kort standards since josko left you.... tofu is still strong since COF left.
here is my top 10 based on the last few month's shape:

1. TOFU
2. ACE
3. LHDD
4. FALL
5. KORT
6. LEG
7. PACK
8. TSM
9. FOED
10. OSA/RET

Regarding the pack: as you can see they participated only twice in the CC cup and once in the clan league. Are you really basing all your judgements only on these 2 competitions? There's been a time when PACK was the n°2 clan behind tofu, and that's when we met in CC3 QF. Pack lost by 2-3 games at the end. It just happened to be clan #1 vs clan #2 playing one another in quarter finals.
Pack came out of nowhere and won its first 12 wars or so. What exactly has AOC done better than pack for example? don't be a joke.
Major betiko

Postby rockfist on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:12 am

Fallen is currently under-rated imo

KORT isn't playing up to their usual standards, but until they lose they aren't as low as fifth.
Major rockfist

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:12 am

rockfist wrote:Fallen is currently under-rated imo

KORT isn't playing up to their usual standards, but until they lose they aren't as low as fifth.

Well they are as low as 5th or so in the clan league... Barely winning half of their games. They definitely lost most key players and are the shadows of themselves. Legion is giving them a real hard time in the cc5. Just go look at lhdd and fallen results over the past year and half or so.. We are definitely in a better shape than kort.
Major betiko

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:30 am

I don't think Bruce's health and performance thing is all that accurate either. But no way is KoRT down at 5th in that list. KoRT has a lot of it's key players on break right now (not saying that I am one of them). Josko is not the only player who has needed to take a break. Several people said they'd be stepping aside before I even left the clan last year. People get burned out and have to take a breather from playing at an intense level, but they will return. It's fun, but at the same time, you have to make sure that you have the time to give. If you've got a promotion, new job, university exams, etc, you realistically can't play this game competitively until your real life evens out again. ;)

I would say that other clans have gone through the same with people saying they are taking an easy few months, so they'll understand what I mean. I don't think KoRT will win 2015 big titles because of the number of top players out of the mix. They could pull it off, but they're not at their most dangerous. But I do see them coming back full force next year. I haven't been paying enough attention to who will though since I haven't been playing myself much... but That's my 2 cents.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby khazalid on Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:26 am

when i saw this thread, i was sure someone had necrobumped an old blitzaholic number, and that the top 5 places would all be THOTA.

ah, they were simpler times.

back home in sleepy aberdeenshire, I still have a THOTA emblazoned beerstein sitting somewhere at the back of a drinks cupboard. there were a lot of good eggs in that group, as my nurses would also attest. thanks for the flowers again, guys :lol:

n.b - were everyone still around today, series and cups etc would be won on the back of a lucky break here and there, as it was when KORT and TOFU had found their feet and everyone was taking it super-seriously. i am still largely of the opinion that the single biggest skill involved in CC is in having enough time and inclination to learn new maps, which is why the place has been dying slowly for the longest time. periodically i dip back in but i'm only ever reminded of how fucking boring it is now.

anyway, clans, etc.

that clan map is funny. i remember blitz lobbying for THOTA to be given a bigger section. i seem to recall i dissuaded his burgeoning crusade rather delicately, which is not at all like me. he was a weird dude, blitz. good player though, no denyin'.
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Next

Return to Clans