Conquer Club

Nut Shot's PD Hall of Fame - FINAL POLL, VOTING CLOSED

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Choose up to 12 - Resumes Below

Poll ended at Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:14 pm

josko.ri
10%
grt
2%
Fyrdraca
10%
Conchobar
2%
rockfist
7%
Robespierre__
4%
mc05025
6%
fairman
3%
Donelladan
10%
t4mcr53s2
3%
loutil
4%
Dako
2%
osman76
4%
JPlo64
9%
rcfritz
3%
GoranZ
6%
Chariot of Fire
6%
groovysmurf
4%
dkmaster
2%
rousseau72
5%

Total votes : 266

Re: Nut Shot's PD Hall of Fame - FINAL POLL, VOTE NOW

Postby JPlo64 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:45 pm

playing around with nss's sheet and have sorted most experienced players. Sorted by # of season played where 1 = 100% of possible games played in a season.
show

Below is the top 100 volume CL players sorted by win% going down to 50%
show

The second spoiler shows some real potential snubs from this vote.
Major JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby rockfist on Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:37 pm

JPlo64 wrote:In my opinoin the no doubters are:
Josko.ri
Donelladan
Fyrdraca
JPlo64
mc05025
Goranz
rockfist

with fairman, osman76, rousseau72 right behind.

fairman is by far the most undervoted IMO.

I voted for those seven, (yup I voted for myself which might make me whatever) but I voted for two gentlemen that I’ve teamed Loutil and CoF with because I know more than many others what they bring to the games and it’s massive.
Major rockfist

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:06 pm

Josko.ri
Donelladan
Fyrdraca
JPlo64
mc05025
Goranz
rockfist

That would basically be my list as well.

Hypo not making it into the hall of fame is also a real tragedy... though I don't actually know his total involvement over the years. He's a legend.
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby MTIceman41 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:02 pm

JPlo64 wrote:
rockfist wrote:I suppose, but I wonder if a yes/no vote becomes a how much is this person liked contest, rather than how great of a CL player was this person. This is a list of who has been great, but it is also a list of rather large personalities because it takes some of that to be consistently great IMO. For the record I voted yes for some people that I do not usually get along with, because by any objective measure they have been great in CL...I do not know to what degree other people would do that.

My thought behind yes/no is that it's not about filling x spots, it's about getting above X% votes.
I think the current format is maybe more popularity b/c some ppl can just vote for the couple people they like as opposed to submitting a vote on each candidate.

I agree with Iceman, might be nice to have a selected panel (maybe CAT) to submit votes.

Kisses and yes…further this idea is great for the site and encourages healthy competition and admiration for the top talent…clan leader automatic vote in/player vote in combo perhaps
Colonel MTIceman41

Postby Robespierre__ on Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:54 am

MTIceman41 wrote:
Nut Shot Scott wrote:
donche64 wrote:Nut Shot has done an amazing work, but he didn't (and obviously couldn't as it would be a true nightmare) take into account if you've been playing an away or home game, or if it's a dubs, a trips or a quad.

That being said there a 4 obvious HOF guys here…

I disagree with 4 .... I think there are 9 fully obvious votes. Differentiating the last 3 are tough (IMO). I definitely agree with the comment on Fairman and his three seasons. Is it better to be super brilliant in fewer appearances or compile w's at a lower rate over a longer period of time? :-s
Colonel Robespierre__

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:35 am

200 votes. awesome. 6 more days! Gonna be a race for those last couple of spots.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby hyposquasher on Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:21 pm

Swimmerdude99 wrote:
Josko.ri
Donelladan
Fyrdraca
JPlo64
mc05025
Goranz
rockfist

Hypo not making it into the hall of fame is also a real tragedy... though I don't actually know his total involvement over the years. He's a legend.

Thank you so much!

Maybe I lack the volume of some of the other guys. I took a several year break after ACE broke up.

Having looked at JPlo's post, I do lack the volume of the others mentioned (although not really that much less than mc0525). Not saying I should be on that list (that's for someone else to decide), but hey, #3 overall when sorted by win pct :D

JPlo64 wrote:Below is the top 100 volume CL players sorted by win% going down to 50%
show

This image cannot be clicked.

High Score: 4112 - 11-30-2014
New High Score: 4164 - 4/9/20
New High Score: 4315 - 4/5/21
General hyposquasher

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:20 pm

hyposquasher wrote:
Swimmerdude99 wrote:
Josko.ri
Donelladan
Fyrdraca
JPlo64
mc05025
Goranz
rockfist

Thank you so much!

Maybe I lack the volume of some of the other guys. I took a several year break after ACE broke up.

Having looked at JPlo's post, I do lack the volume of the others mentioned (although not really that much less than mc0525). Not saying I should be on that list (that's for someone else to decide), but hey, #3 overall when sorted by win pct :D

FWIW, you were on the list of 60 initial members on the ballots. The way I framed the first round of voting hurt you, plus the group you were randomly placed in was a killer. The fact that only 2 of your seasons were played at over 50% capacity stings, too, when comparing numbers to players who consistently run over 70% capacity at a high level year after year.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby hopalong on Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:48 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:Thank you so much!

FWIW, you were on the list of 60 initial members on the ballots. The way I framed the first round of voting hurt you, plus the group you were randomly placed in was a killer. The fact that only 2 of your seasons were played at over 50% capacity stings, too, when comparing numbers to players who consistently run over 70% capacity at a high level year after year.[/quote]

#freehypo
#stolenerection
Major hopalong

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:15 am

some of these votes look more like a popularity contest rather than voting actual deserving players
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Previous

Return to Clans