Conquer Club

Bunch of Pussies

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Bunch of Pussies

Postby Razorvich on Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:20 am

Greetings Clan World... and welcome to my rant

Not often do I stick my nose into Clan Issues since the infomas [CC4] KORT vs AKA of 2013 debarkle

and NO way is this directed at the Clan Department, you guys are doing good stuff, please keep it up

But I do have a W.T.F. yes in BOLD to discuss.

Preamble here, I know the last few years have been challenging to all with RL issues, myself included.
This year I have only been able to devote the bare minimum of my free time to Clans... so YES I get it
Life sucks sometimes.

That being said, tonight I have sent out the DBD Round 1 games V's AWOL and updated the thread when I notice something weird.

show

O.K. lets look at this.
Lots of "Official Battles".. but what about the old 1V1
I see 2 active Clan Battles, BOTH including my Clan.
WTF you bunch of pussies
And I am looking for another battle before years end.

Considering the limited time I myself have had to devote to Clans .. this is a real shiity situation.

What has happened?
Have you lot all lost your sense of a owning a pair and challenge someone?
Are we all now devoted to the Site run events that we can't have a good old "Fk you lets fight" Battle?
Have you all suddenly grabbed you ball and gone home?
Where is all the Forum Battle Page banter?... NONEXISTANT.. because there are no battles

Bunch of Whimps.

I really hope that 2022 will be the year of the Clan

Koudos to RET and AWOL btw to actually accept a Classic Battle.

Its the rest of you that are pussies.

We will fight anyone.. can you say that about your Clan?

rant over.
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Sergeant 1st Class Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Re: Bunch of Pussies

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:36 am

I think you missed A^ vs REP in your list.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby donche64 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:26 am

Hi Razorvich,

I can only answer regarding LHDD. We definitely aren't against a classic "friendly" war.
But our roster is not that important as several "historic" members have left us recently / are on a break, and luckily enough we've been able to go all the way to CC9 and C11 Finals (while participating to all the recent editions of the Random League, and a large majority of CL). So if we don't want to burn our remaining players out, tough to plan something (and I think you might agree that playing a CC Finals or SemiFinals against TOFU, FALL, S&M etc...requires full focus).
Each time we got eliminated early in CC (CC7 and CC10), we've agreed to battle clans outside of "formal" competitions: PNX, ATL and LOW in 2017; TOP in 2020. We've also refused once to participate to the Clan League to have time for more wars like that (but won't probably do it again, as you have to restart in 2nd Division).

I also remember Donelladan trying to set up a new concept of 4-clan war, with no success (but the idea still seems fun to me).

Anyways, all of that to say that we will keep on being pussy for at least a couple more months, but once we're done with FALL we could try to set up something ! :)

You have been awarded the medal "Clan Achievement"

For being named MVP of the Premier Division of [CL7] Clan League VII

...thus being better than Mishalex!
Colonel donche64

Postby Razorvich on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:11 am

Extreme Ways wrote:I think you missed A^ vs REP in your list.

Koudos to A^ to also progress from the pussie rank as well.

Sorry to miss that, the OP was "Smurfed" so thought it was official
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Sergeant 1st Class Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:17 am

But what about REP? I guess we will just have to have an unofficial war to prove it to ya ;)
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:19 am

donche64 wrote:Hi Razorvich,

I can only answer regarding LHDD. We definitely aren't against a classic "friendly" war.
But our roster is not that important as several "historic" members have left us recently / are on a break, and luckily enough we've been able to go all the way to CC9 and C11 Finals (while participating to all the recent editions of the Random League, and a large majority of CL). So if we don't want to burn our remaining players out, tough to plan something (and I think you might agree that playing a CC Finals or SemiFinals against TOFU, FALL, S&M etc...requires full focus).
Each time we got eliminated early in CC (CC7 and CC10), we've agreed to battle clans outside of "formal" competitions: PNX, ATL and LOW in 2017; TOP in 2020. We've also refused once to participate to the Clan League to have time for more wars like that (but won't probably do it again, as you have to restart in 2nd Division).

I also remember Donelladan trying to set up a new concept of 4-clan war, with no success (but the idea still seems fun to me).

Anyways, all of that to say that we will keep on being pussy for at least a couple more months, but once we're done with FALL we could try to set up something ! :)

BTW, now that I have a clan, I would probably be interested in something a bit different myself as well. I'm a bit afraid to step into the multi-team game settings as I fear that could get a wee bit ugly. However perhaps setting something up like a team assassin style play would work. For instance... gentlemans rules are that if you kill the team your team is supposed to target, then the other teams suicide one another and the assassinating team wins? I would assume this could better keep people from going at each other's throats!
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby donche64 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:37 am

Swimmerdude99 wrote:BTW, now that I have a clan, I would probably be interested in something a bit different myself as well. I'm a bit afraid to step into the multi-team game settings as I fear that could get a wee bit ugly. However perhaps setting something up like a team assassin style play would work. For instance... gentlemans rules are that if you kill the team your team is supposed to target, then the other teams suicide one another and the assassinating team wins? I would assume this could better keep people from going at each other's throats!

I understand your concerns regarding a multi-team war, and even within our clan people were still to be convinced. I'm an eternal optimist, so I still have hope that with no point at stake for the clan ranking nor official trophy, people could just find this fun enough to try it (and not just to screw someone in the process). Lots of aspect were still to be discussed btw (dubs? trips? boths? random maps or home/away games etc etc...).
Your proposition also is interesting indeed as it makes it logical to target someone (so no hard feelings in the process).
Anyways, will be glad to discuss it with you...in a couple months too ! :)

You have been awarded the medal "Clan Achievement"

For being named MVP of the Premier Division of [CL7] Clan League VII

...thus being better than Mishalex!
Colonel donche64

Postby niMic on Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:54 am

Veteran clans are filled with veteran players who can just about summon the enthusiasm to play the CCup and possibly the CL. That's my general take.
Highest score: 3690
Highest rank: 21
General niMic

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:15 am

Hard to compare different clan times, because "back in the day" there was new members, new rivalries, new maps, new things to be excited about.
With the decline of the site, new clan members are fewer and far between (as we've seen, theres been contraction in the membership of clans / quantity of clans) and consolidation to keep the ones still active around.

When I was in the CD's there was already a lack of wars and what not beyond the main events. So our focus was boosting those wars, and designing new events to keep things interesting and active. Its hard to summon enthusiasm for the same stuff over and over, and while those are important mainstays, theres a lack of other stuff to be excited about. There aren't new maps that clans are incorporating at a high clip like there used to be, so even the existing wars are more repetitive. at least before, you had some challenge of having to field a team on a new map that wasn't played much yet, or a new clan you hadn't faced and didn't have much of a history, etc.

Now its "oh look, ABCD is in the final four again...interesting" and rinse, recycle, repeat. Once in awhile a clan might get lazy, or be in turmoil, or make a unexpected push. But how many active people are even in the forum anymore? How many people are bothering to read clan war threads anymore? Doesn't seem like many. The Clan Button / war thread link is nice and all, but we used to get our updates from the forum threads and it funneled people into the forum to see the latest updates and talk shit. Now, nobody has to look at the forum to see anything so only the very active dozen or two people who are always around are saying much. Theres little reason to bother coming around here (in the forums), so people just dont.

Less interaction, means less focus on what used to excite people and less interaction with the other clans and people around. Less reason to war unless just sheer boredom. And how long is that going to last killing boredom with the same stuff over and over?
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:02 pm

If you want something different, take a look at the old HH/VNM vs TNC/DBD wars.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby itake on Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:09 pm

Razorvich wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:I think you missed A^ vs REP in your list.

Koudos to A^ to also progress from the pussie rank as well.

Sorry to miss that, the OP was "Smurfed" so thought it was official

We are very official pussies.

Best gamechat ever! Game 12681497
Colonel itake

Return to Clans