Conquer Club

FOED [Selective Recruiting]

Join a clan, or make a new clan.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: FOED [Selective Recruiting]

Postby Doc_Brown on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:34 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:
Arama86n wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:FOED welcomes a new man, MyNameIsJack, to our bar of drunks. =D> =D> =D>

I am Jack's colon. I get cancer. I kill Jack.

Couldn't resist. Obviously.

Wtf!? Wha-tha-fah!?

[edit] - Was going to stop by and say "Good luck to Jackson", Then saw Arama86n's post, and it stopped me in my tracks, Kinda bewildered about a post like that.

I'm pretty sure Arama is busy at his own bar of drunks this evening! Knowing Arama, he didn't mean that as any sort of ill-wishing. I think it was meant to be a joke about drinking too much and the body not playing well with it.

Cheers to jack and to FOED for the pickup!
Major Doc_Brown

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:48 am

Doc_Brown wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:
Arama86n wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:FOED welcomes a new man, MyNameIsJack, to our bar of drunks. =D> =D> =D>

Wtf!? Wha-tha-fah!?

[edit] - Was going to stop by and say "Good luck to Jackson", Then saw Arama86n's post, and it stopped me in my tracks, Kinda bewildered about a post like that.

I'm pretty sure Arama is busy at his own bar of drunks this evening! Knowing Arama, he didn't mean that as any sort of ill-wishing. I think it was meant to be a joke about drinking too much and the body not playing well with it.

What!? Not to be a complete stickler, But the word "joking" and "cancer" should never meet, Cuz there is absolutely nothing funny or to joke about when it comes to one of the most dangerous diseases known to human/animal kind!
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby .SCuD. on Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:
Doc_Brown wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:
Arama86n wrote:

Wtf!? Wha-tha-fah!?

What!? Not to be a complete stickler, But the word "joking" and "cancer" should never meet, Cuz there is absolutely nothing funny or to joke about when it comes to one of the most dangerous diseases known to human/animal kind!

It is fine to have an opinion of that nature about jokes and I won't get in to whether I agree or disagree with you on that. What does matter though, is that it's important to note that even if you do find it offensive, Arama didn't mean to cause offence.
Colonel .SCuD.

Postby Doc_Brown on Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:46 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:What!? Not to be a complete stickler, But the word "joking" and "cancer" should never meet, Cuz there is absolutely nothing funny or to joke about when it comes to one of the most dangerous diseases known to human/animal kind!

I fully understand where you're coming from. My mother-in-law died of cancer a couple months ago, and this holiday season has already been rough on my wife. I didn't find Arama's attempt at a joke funny myself based on my own recent experiences. However, I can put that to the side and recognize what Arama was attempting to say, even if it didn't succeed especially well. He's a good guy and not one to intentionally cause offense.

In any case, we're derailing FOED's recruiting thread. I think any further discussion of the appropriateness of certain types of jokes are best continued in the off-topic forum.
Major Doc_Brown

Postby Arama86n on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:38 am

whoa whoa whoooah. :o
Guys, It's a quote from Fightclub (1999).

In retrospect though, you are of course correct. One should never joke about cancer, even when quoting a movie.
I apologize. :oops:
Major Arama86n

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:What!? Not to be a complete stickler, But the word "joking" and "cancer" should never meet, Cuz there is absolutely nothing funny or to joke about when it comes to one of the most dangerous diseases known to human/animal kind!

I fully understand where you're coming from. My mother-in-law died of cancer a couple months ago, and this holiday season has already been rough on my wife. I didn't find Arama's attempt at a joke funny myself based on my own recent experiences. However, I can put that to the side and recognize what Arama was attempting to say, even if it didn't succeed especially well. He's a good guy and not one to intentionally cause offense.

In any case, we're derailing FOED's recruiting thread. I think any further discussion of the appropriateness of certain types of jokes are best continued in the off-topic forum.

*My last post here

Sincere sorry for your wifes mom and family Doc! I lost my mother to it, My father sisters and I were devestated!

Arama86n wrote:whoa whoa whoooah. :o
Guys, It's a quote from Fightclub (1999).

In retrospect though, you are of course correct. One should never joke about cancer, even when quoting a movie.
I apologize. :oops:

Salut Arama! It means a lot to me that you understand and apologized! Thanks! ")>

Best Of Luck Always, to All, In life O:) & WAR!! :twisted:

Sincerely,

\MGM/
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby sylvanya on Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:18 am

I hope join this clan one day as I am a blonde bartender that has one hell of an ambitious attitude and a desire to win with a drink n my hand a winning on my mind!
Cook sylvanya

Postby gtone1 on Mon May 06, 2019 9:08 am

I would like to throw my hat in. I am newly premium after being on here for many years.
Captain gtone1

Postby uckuki on Tue May 14, 2019 12:22 pm

you need more experience. there's lots to learn.
Colonel uckuki

Postby pissedoffsol on Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:52 pm

i'm interested in joining. my score is in the can at the moment, but usually hover around sgt.
9k Games and counting!
Major pissedoffsol

Postby groovysmurf on Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:33 pm

FOED would like to welcome Zed the River! =D>

We're still looking for a few more dedicated team players to help round out the clan. Please PM JPlo64 if you're interested in some trial games.
Colonel groovysmurf
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:09 am

Nice pickup
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby groovysmurf on Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:52 pm

FOED welcomes sdh to the bar! =D>
Colonel groovysmurf
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Keefie on Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:44 am

groovysmurf wrote:FOED welcomes sdh to the bar! =D>

Will he be joining you for a small Amaretto ??
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jhonmiller on Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:09 am

you would make the most of your knowledge with the durable post if you considered in.

EDIT: Spam link removed
New Recruit jhonmiller

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:45 pm

If we're removing spam links, why not just remove the whole post (including mine)? The message, whatever it is supposed to say, serves absolutely no purpose to the thread.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Previous

Return to Create/Join a Competitive Clan