Conquer Club

[CC5] CCup5 - Main Thread [Winner: FALL - MVP: IcePack)

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CCup5 - Main Thread (Bracket Posted)

Postby Keefie on Wed May 21, 2014 11:55 am

Josko,

As most of your post is just plain factually incorrect I wont bother replying in detail. You can't even just say PM without dressing it as 'secret' to add something to your message. A PM to 20 or so people is hardly secret :o :lol:

There is the other alternative for which a majority of clans voted for and that is to dispense with a seeded draw. Unfortunately we all know what shenanigans happened then :( Still all of that is history and really not worth discussing again here.

As Cheme says talk to your Clan leadership if you have any problems with the format of CC5.

Keith
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby josko.ri on Wed May 21, 2014 12:02 pm

Keefie wrote:As Cheme says talk to your Clan leadership if you have any problems with the format of CC5.

I guess CD&F is place where clan leaders are speaking ahead of their clans.
Public clan forum is place where all clan players are speaking in their personal name so I expressed my opinion in that place.
Clan leader represents opinion of clan, which may but doesn't have to be opinion of every person in that clan.
If I want KORT to say a word, I would contact my clan leader.
In this case, I did not want KORT to say a word but only to express my opinion and therefore I did not contact my clan leader to speak about my personal opinion.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Keefie on Wed May 21, 2014 12:06 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Keefie wrote:As Cheme says talk to your Clan leadership if you have any problems with the format of CC5.

I guess CD&F is place where clan leaders are speaking ahead of their clans.
Public clan forum is place where all clan players are speaking in their personal name so I expressed my opinion in that place.
Clan leader represents opinion of clan, which may but doesn't have to be opinion of every person in that clan.
If I want KORT to say a word, I would contact my clan leader.
In this case, I did not want KORT to say a word but only to express my opinion and therefore I did not contact my clan leader to speak about my personal opinion.

A very fair point mate.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jghost7 on Thu May 22, 2014 10:12 am

chemefreak wrote:Anyone reading this should note that the players posting above are NOT the leaders of their clans. We have been working closely with and communicating openly with the leaders of the clans so as to avoid any issues. If the players above would simply talk to their leadership instead of spouting mindless rhetoric here it would be greatly appreciated. You will also note that my post explaining this previously was completely ignored so as to create an issue for the malcontents to complain about.

Looks like a few matches will be starting soon. So maybe some of this crap will quiet down. Cheers.

Dear Cheme,

As was mentioned before, your caustic attitude is your worst enemy. Try to be less of a dick and more cooperative as a cd, it will go farther to smoothing out these conversations.

A few notes:

There ARE leaders involved in the above posting. Also, being a leader is not a requirement of being a rep for the cdf. Just as well as you gave similar considerations to others ideas there as well.

"Communicating openly" must be misstated as no evidence of such communication is readily available atm. As a matter of fact, you have very closemouthed and/or vague throughout a large portion of this process. With such a large part of the planning and decision-making occurring in private, it gives the impression that other thoughts and considerations are largely ignored. I would in fact hope that this was not the case.

You assume that no one has spoken to their leadership about said issues, however I can assure you that you are indeed an ass for that as your assumption is also incorrect.

I do not think you categorizing others opinions about the event as "mindless rhetoric" is appropriate or warranted.

I also love(sarcastic) how you label everything you disagree with or don't wish to handle as "crap".

All and all, a classic Cheme reply. I would suggest, however, that instead of handing out insults and curt dismissals of others thoughts, that maybe you provide them with a place for said thoughts. Then perhaps actually give some thoughtful consideration to them. Then you may have enough time to actually make a positive change as opposed to creating your own issues.

Thanks,

J
Major jghost7

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 22, 2014 10:36 am

I may or may not be correct in the following comments, but cheme can correct me where I'm wrong.

jghost7 wrote:"Communicating openly" must be misstated as no evidence of such communication is readily available atm. As a matter of fact, you have very closemouthed and/or vague throughout a large portion of this process. With such a large part of the planning and decision-making occurring in private, it gives the impression that other thoughts and considerations are largely ignored. I would in fact hope that this was not the case.

If this is referring to the vast majority of discussion being contained within the CDF, I'm sure this is so that things don't get out of hand. The amount of people commenting is controlled and representatives are expected to pass information to their clan. I usually copy/paste anything important into our clan forum, give me own thoughts and explain anything that may require me to do so. Can you imagine how hectic and uncontrollable discussions could become if they were completely public?

jghost7 wrote:You assume that no one has spoken to their leadership about said issues, however I can assure you that you are indeed an ass for that as your assumption is also incorrect.

That's a fair assumption to make if the member voicing their concerns is not in the CDF and their opinions differ to how their CDF rep' did vote. I think it's also fair for josko to voice his opinions as well, of course, but perhaps some of this debate could have been saved if josko had explained in his original post that they were solely his thoughts on the matter. I'm not saying this is an error on his part, but rather something that could have been added.

jghost7 wrote:I also love(sarcastic) how you label everything you disagree with or don't wish to handle as "crap".

Don't take a word out of context to change the intended meaning. I occasionally describe a load of things together as "crap" whether they're good, bad or a mixture.

I'm not taking sides here.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby jghost7 on Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:...

jghost7 wrote:"Communicating openly" ...

If this is referring to the vast majority of discussion being contained within the CDF, ...

I do not believe he was referencing the cdf in that comment, I certainly wasn't. Even if he were, there still is no open communication on that there either.

iAmCaffeine wrote:
jghost7 wrote:You assume that no one has spoken to their leadership about said issues,...

That's a fair assumption to make if the member voicing their concerns is not in the CDF and their opinions differ to how their CDF rep' did vote. I think it's also fair for josko to voice his opinions as well, of course, but perhaps some of this debate could have been saved if josko had explained in his original post that they were solely his thoughts on the matter. I'm not saying this is an error on his part, but rather something that could have been added.

I disagree, in fact, I would argue the opposite is true. The fact is he does not indeed know whether any of the above posters have been talking to their rep/leaders or not. But he does know that it is expected of said reps/leaders to pass info on. I know that I have. I also know that one of the above poster is one of my players and also is a leader of my clan. Also, josko should be free to add to that conversation if he feels the need, and I personally would not assume that Bruce has not in some way passed the info on as well.

iAmCaffeine wrote:
jghost7 wrote:I also love(sarcastic) how you label everything you disagree with or don't wish to handle as "crap".

Don't take a word out of context to change the intended meaning. I occasionally describe a load of things together as "crap" whether they're good, bad or a mixture.

I understand what you are saying. However, I would point out that the usage of crap is generally viewed in negative terms. He should know better.

iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm not taking sides here.
Understood.

Thanks,

J
Major jghost7

Postby chemefreak on Thu May 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Well there are two things you can always count on when I post...a higher view count...and a member of the Pack getting pissed off at me!

We have put absolutely no pressure on any clan and if you doubt my sincerity or veracity, please contact your clan's CL4 and CL5 contact(s) and ask them. Oh, and I reserve the right to call a post crap...and it will never be a flame. Remember kids, truth is an absolute defense! Cheers.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Armandolas on Fri May 23, 2014 8:12 am

I dont think its a pack/cheme thing.
Its pretty clear that you are an ass..at least your answers look like they come from a total jerk.
So in the end you are the one usually talking crap.

You seem to love representatives and bureocratic crap. Why dont you elect keefie as your representative when you want to say your crap?
He can easily spread your crap but with much more class.

Thanks
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Armandolas on Fri May 23, 2014 8:15 am

Because of his secret vote manipulation with sending secret pms behind the scene....

OMG...get me some popcorn....he is back :shock:
Colonel Armandolas

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri May 23, 2014 8:57 am

Armandolas wrote:
Because of his secret vote manipulation with sending secret pms behind the scene....

OMG...get me some popcorn....he is back :shock:

Those PMs have been shown openly and I have no issue with them. I also never received this PM and I'm a leader of a lower ranked clan. I think it's pretty fair for two reasons.

#1 - The majority of active representatives in the CD&F are from the higher ranked clans. There are many lower ranked reps that don't post at all. I'm unsure if they vote or not.

#2 - Some of the top clans - as Keefie said in the post josko linked - do try to influence lower ranks to bend to their will. I didn't think that was much of a secret but perhaps it is.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby jltile1 on Fri May 23, 2014 9:30 am

chemefreak wrote:Well there are two things you can always count on when I post...a higher view count...and a member of the Pack getting pissed off at me!

We have put absolutely no pressure on any clan and if you doubt my sincerity or veracity, please contact your clan's CL4 and CL5 contact(s) and ask them. Oh, and I reserve the right to call a post crap...and it will never be a flame. Remember kids, truth is an absolute defense! Cheers.

This is just classy. Must be a Pack thing.
Major jltile1

Postby chemefreak on Fri May 23, 2014 2:57 pm

Armandolas wrote:I dont think its a pack/cheme thing.
Its pretty clear that you are an ass..at least your answers look like they come from a total jerk.
So in the end you are the one usually talking crap.

You seem to love representatives and bureocratic crap. Why dont you elect keefie as your representative when you want to say your crap?
He can easily spread your crap but with much more class.

Thanks

I'm sure if you read my posts with a negative inflection you could interpret them this way. But I have found it really doesn't matter what I write or how I write it, someone is going to get pissed off, which is their prerogative.

братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby TheMissionary on Fri May 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Did I miss the starting date for the first round, or has that not been set yet?
loutil wrote:PLEASE call him MISH and not Miss.
There is no miss ionary position. There is the mish ionary position. 8-)

https://buttonbashgamers.com/
Captain TheMissionary

Postby chemefreak on Fri May 23, 2014 9:24 pm

TheMissionary wrote:Did I miss the starting date for the first round, or has that not been set yet?

No. But, first round matches not involving the CCup4 semifinalists are free to start at their leisure. I think some are already getting ready to go. Once the CCup4 semifinal is decided, we will set a more concrete schedule. I will send out another pm to the clan contacts when we are ready to put that in motion. However, as per my last pm to you and the other clan contacts, if your match can start now, talk to the other clan and see if they are ready. If they are, go forth. If not, we are not forcing anyone to start yet. Thanks.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby TheMissionary on Fri May 23, 2014 10:07 pm

chemefreak wrote:
TheMissionary wrote:Did I miss the starting date for the first round, or has that not been set yet?

No. But, first round matches not involving the CCup4 semifinalists are free to start at their leisure. I think some are already getting ready to go. Once the CCup4 semifinal is decided, we will set a more concrete schedule. I will send out another pm to the clan contacts when we are ready to put that in motion. However, as per my last pm to you and the other clan contacts, if your match can start now, talk to the other clan and see if they are ready. If they are, go forth. If not, we are not forcing anyone to start yet. Thanks.

Thanks for the speedy and thorough reply.
loutil wrote:PLEASE call him MISH and not Miss.
There is no miss ionary position. There is the mish ionary position. 8-)

https://buttonbashgamers.com/
Captain TheMissionary

Postby jltile1 on Fri May 23, 2014 11:47 pm

We sure would like to know this information.
Major jltile1

Postby jetsetwilly on Sat May 24, 2014 1:47 am

jltile1 wrote:

As per Cheme's post, I'm afraid it's being held up by 1 game Game 14092276 but he also said most people are free to start round 1 now. Given there is a 50% chance that the result of that game will lead to a further 7 game tie breaker I wouldn't wait around.

Nick, Ace and Tofu both chose Hive, Stalingrad and Conquer Rome in the event that we need a tiebreak ;)
Captain jetsetwilly

Postby jltile1 on Sat May 24, 2014 3:07 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:
jltile1 wrote:

As per Cheme's post, I'm afraid it's being held up by 1 game Game 14092276 but he also said most people are free to start round 1 now. Given there is a 50% chance that the result of that game will lead to a further 7 game tie breaker I wouldn't wait around.

Nick, Ace and Tofu both chose Hive, Stalingrad and Conquer Rome in the event that we need a tiebreak ;)

So if it goes to a tiebreaker and the clans don't agree to play we could be sitting here watching paint dry ?
Major jltile1

Postby jltile1 on Sat May 24, 2014 11:19 pm

Ok so it's the end of May. And that means the next CCup will run over into the CCup6, what is being done to prevent this? We are ready and waiting but seems likes CL6 is slowing this down. We did not get in CL to play the CCup. Can we not set a schedule now with the clans players CC 4 out of the picture?
Major jltile1

Postby Keefie on Sat May 24, 2014 11:24 pm

jltile1 wrote:Ok so it's the end of May. And that means the next CCup will run over into the CCup6, what is being done to prevent this? We are ready and waiting but seems likes CL6 is slowing this down. We did not get in CL to play the CCup. Can we not set a schedule now with the clans players CC 4 out of the picture?

Round one matches are already getting underway so have you been in touch with AQOH regarding getting started ?

From what I can see The Pack are not affected at all by any delays caused by CC4.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jltile1 on Sat May 24, 2014 11:28 pm

Keefie wrote:
jltile1 wrote:Ok so it's the end of May. And that means the next CCup will run over into the CCup6, what is being done to prevent this? We are ready and waiting but seems likes CL6 is slowing this down. We did not get in CL to play the CCup. Can we not set a schedule now with the clans players CC 4 out of the picture?

Round one matches are already getting underway so have you been in touch with AQOH regarding getting started ?

You are not affected at all by any delays caused by CC4.

I have made a contact with, no response yet. But if they say no to getting it going what are the options. There is no schedule or time line, something needs to be in place.

Thanks for the fast response

JL
Major jltile1

Postby chemefreak on Sun May 25, 2014 10:52 pm

jltile1 wrote:But if they say no to getting it going what are the options. There is no schedule or time line, something needs to be in place.

No options at this point.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby jltile1 on Mon May 26, 2014 12:39 am

chemefreak wrote:
jltile1 wrote:But if they say no to getting it going what are the options. There is no schedule or time line, something needs to be in place.

No options at this point.

Just wondering if a option might be in the pipeline. Looks like this is starting later than last year so we might run into the same issues?
Major jltile1

Postby angola on Mon May 26, 2014 2:45 am

Well, it is starting later than last year because of how long the ACE-TOFU semifinal is going. Normally, the semifinals would've been over weeks ago, instead, this one happens to be coming down to the last game and possibly a tie-breaker. So, this particular cup is still going.

It seems like the Clan Directors felt they had to get the next version going and are doing so, but at the same time they are getting flak. Not really sure why.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Lieutenant angola

Postby PaRKoN on Mon May 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Exactly, what are the odds for a 30-30 tie? Fucking awesome :D
Brigadier PaRKoN

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges