Conquer Club

[CC4] KoRT vs TOFU (39-21) of 60 - KoRT Win Final 11/18

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC4] KoRT vs TOFU (12-3) of 60

Postby betiko on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:13 am

Arama86n wrote:
Emmdizzle wrote:no CoF, no tofu

TOFU today is a very different clan than the one that beat KORT 18 months ago. More than half the membership has changed, not just CoF.
Chariot of Fire is utterly irreplaceable. That said, we beat ACE without him (and without other CC legends that have retired), so I think your assessment is rather unfair and disrespectful.

Kort is playing well, and have secured a nice start. But this is a long way from finished.

When did cof leave exactly, halfway through ACE?
Major betiko

Postby Arama86n on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:17 am

betiko wrote:
Arama86n wrote:

TOFU today is a very different clan than the one that beat KORT 18 months ago. More than half the membership has changed, not just CoF.
Chariot of Fire is utterly irreplaceable. That said, we beat ACE without him (and without other CC legends that have retired), so I think your assessment is rather unfair and disrespectful.

Kort is playing well, and have secured a nice start. But this is a long way from finished.

I stand corrected. A Quick look shows he retired shortly after the third set began, leaving games to sitters.
In my defence, the man retired five months ago. I can't even remember the start of the ACE war...
Major Arama86n

Postby betiko on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:26 am

Arama86n wrote:
betiko wrote:
Arama86n wrote:

I stand corrected. A Quick look shows he retired shortly after the third set began, leaving games to sitters.
In my defence, the man retired five months ago. I can't even remember the start of the ACE war...

I'm surprised he left in the middle of the ace war and at least didn't come back for the final vs kort, no matter how busy his real life is. I always thought he would finish the cc4 before completely retiring from cc.
Major betiko

Postby fishydance on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:28 am

IcePack wrote:Did TOFU forget to eat their vegetables?

No, I think they've aquired a taste for beef. We cows are all watching our backs. As others have said, this is far from over!
Major fishydance

Postby Denise on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:15 pm

That's well said, Arama.

CoF is an excellent player and we sure do miss him but I wouldn't exactly say we are worthless without him. [-X We managed to get past ACE .. a very tough clan! We also squeaked thru to the Premier division of the clan league all by ourselves.

We're saving the best for the end to make it more exciting. ;)
Major Denise

Postby fishydance on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:37 pm

Denise wrote:We're saving the best for the end to make it more exciting. ;)

That's what makes me lose sleep at night. I have nightmares of you guys having steak for dinner...
Major fishydance

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Arama86n wrote:

I think what Emm was saying is that COF was TOFU. By that he means that COF was the center of TOFU sorta like Benga with OSA, etc. He is not saying COF was the only good player in TOFU, because we all know that is not true. Did losing COF hurt? Sure, but TOFU is strong and will press on. Can COF be replaced? Likely never. If you cut him open he would bleed out TOFU!

Every clan has players come and go, or at least retire. I know from the KORT side of things last time we played we had all these people who are not playing this time. Loes, Sjnap, DentheFrog, niMic, JaneAusten, Merch313, Drunkmonkey and Big Yuma Ripper. Those are the names off the top of my head. I am sure TOFU could say the same. While I am happy we(KORT) have the lead I do not think anybody within KORT is going to lax up, because we all know how quick TOFU can come back on us.

Been a good war so far
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby Arama86n on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:20 am

Bruceswar wrote:I think what Emm was saying is that COF was TOFU. By that he means that COF was the center of TOFU sorta like Benga with OSA, etc. He is not saying COF was the only good player in TOFU, because we all know that is not true. Did losing COF hurt? Sure, but TOFU is strong and will press on. Can COF be replaced? Likely never. If you cut him open he would bleed out TOFU!

Now there's a statement I can wholeheartedly agree with. In my life I've never met someone as dedicated as CoF is. The fact that he is a brilliant strategist is a big loss for us, but it is the leadership and unmeasurable dedication that is the heart of the issue. It was an honor.

Bruceswar wrote:Every clan has players come and go, or at least retire. I know from the KORT side of things last time we played we had all these people who are not playing this time. Loes, Sjnap, DentheFrog, niMic, JaneAusten, Merch313, Drunkmonkey and Big Yuma Ripper. Those are the names off the top of my head. I am sure TOFU could say the same. While I am happy we(KORT) have the lead I do not think anybody within KORT is going to lax up, because we all know how quick TOFU can come back on us.

Been a good war so far

Yeah, in an online game, over the course of 18 months, having a turnover of players is rather the rule than the exception for most clans i fear. Not only that, times change and not everyone has the time to play at capacity. I think of legends like Iron Maid, L M S, Knight2254 & Master Fenrir, who I wish to god had the time to play 15 games each. But most of all those that have left us like Big Whiskey, cachejob, comic boy, Seulessliathan, and ofc Chariot of Fire.

As time roles on the older generation of active CC legends will shrink. And some will look at a clan, and when they do not see names like Sjnap or Big Whiskey, they won't be as impressed. They would of course be wrong :)
New stars have continued to be shaped over the years, and the top clans have continued to recruit them. As someone who has a huge interest in history, I have to force myself at times, to think in terms of renewal and constant change instead of looking back. But even I can see that having fresh eager rising stars to compliment the slightly weary legends is a good thing :D

I'm having fun, more so than last time. I look forward to some more games!
Cheers KORT, see ya out there.
Major Arama86n

Re: [CC4] KoRT vs TOFU (12-6) of 60

Postby Seulessliathan on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:17 am

Still no drama here? :shock: This war is disappointing for spectators. ;) Hope you enjoy it anyway :P
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby catnipdreams on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Seulessliathan wrote:Still no drama here? :shock: This war is disappointing for spectators. ;) Hope you enjoy it anyway :P

Peace and goodwill to all creatures on earth :D

Major catnipdreams

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:06 pm

Seulessliathan wrote:Still no drama here? :shock: This war is disappointing for spectators. ;) Hope you enjoy it anyway :P

Cookie Monsters! You just can't let them out anywhere. :lol:
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hopalong on Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:55 pm

luvin the conquer McRome games - epic stuff!
Major hopalong

Re: [CC4] KoRT vs TOFU (12-8) of 60

Postby Arama86n on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:35 pm

/Arama hands Seul a packet of Marylands double-chocolate chip cookies.
/Arama plays "Wish you were here" by Pink Floyd
Major Arama86n

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:52 am

nice comeback tofu! looks like both clans get their wins back to back!
Major betiko

Postby Arama86n on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:18 pm

betiko wrote:nice comeback tofu! looks like both clans get their wins back to back!

KORT dominated the first set. We got some early wins in the second bringing the score back, 12-9 as of this post.
With only 35% of the games finished though, there is much to be written in blood yet.

And more importantly, epic games against the toughest of competition is why we're all here aren't we. Don't forget to enjoy yourselves people :mrgreen:
Major Arama86n

Postby Armandolas on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:39 am

I blame dice for my losses
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Arama86n on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:43 am

Armandolas wrote:I blame dice for my losses

How original. ;)
Major Arama86n

Postby ChrisPond on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:15 am

Arama86n wrote:

How original. ;)

I blame Deli's dice for mine :shock:

Top Rank: 12 High Score: 3912
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby fishydance on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:42 am

ChrisPond wrote:
Arama86n wrote:

How original. ;)

I blame ponds for mine!
Major fishydance

Postby ChrisPond on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:23 pm

fishydance wrote:
ChrisPond wrote:
Arama86n wrote:

How original. ;)

I blame ponds for mine!

Fishy, are you watching Pond Stars? and Deli is a curse on dice...try to avoid him if possible....I would even be concerned to attack his troops if I was playing against him. you can thank me later!

Colonel ChrisPond

Postby fishydance on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:39 pm

[quote="ChrisPond"Fishy, are you watching Pond Stars? [/quote]

I watch you - isn't that enough? :lol:
Major fishydance

Postby ChrisPond on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:06 pm

fishydance wrote:[quote="ChrisPond]"Fishy, are you watching Pond Stars? [/quote][/quote]

I watch you - isn't that enough? :lol:[quote="fishydance"]

i do enjoy a good stalker. PPO...who needs that? i say you should embrace your fans! No need to admire me from afar, come on and swim on over to my pond, the water is just perfect ;)

Colonel ChrisPond

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:39 pm

I miss tje Jaffa Cakes handouts back in the days when KoRT - TOFU was still a mess in warthreads.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby fishydance on Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:28 am

Extreme Ways wrote:I miss tje Jaffa Cakes handouts back in the days when KoRT - TOFU was still a mess in warthreads.

Here you go... Image
Major fishydance

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges