Conquer Club

[CC4] KoRT vs TOFU (39-21) of 60 - KoRT Win Final 11/18

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC4] KoRT vs TOFU (19-11) of 60

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:17 pm

betiko wrote:well given that you only need 31, and that you wouldn't dare to advance those figures if they weren't rock solid, I'm gonna be the first to congratulate kort for the CC4 win!
I always get confused, but you guys will have 3 cups and tofu 1; no other clan has won it?

Yes that is correct
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Re: [CC4] KoRT vs TOFU (9-31) of 60

Postby ChrisPond on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:28 pm

Just wanted to get a screen shot of the current score before the Apocalypse this weekend. i am backing up this screen shot on my external hard drive and I have all ready sent it off to people that will come forward if "something happens to me". i am in no way suicidal, so please investigate anything that may happen to me. I will be in my safe room when the site shuts down...stay safe everyone!

Well played KORT...maybe next year is your time? ;)

Top Rank: 12 High Score: 3912
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:29 pm

betiko wrote:well given that you only need 31, and that you wouldn't dare to advance those figures if they weren't rock solid, I'm gonna be the first to congratulate kort for the CC4 win!
I always get confused, but you guys will have 3 cups and tofu 1; no other clan has won it?

Yeah, no other clan but KoRT and TOFU have won the CC. Yeah Kort won CC1 and CC2, Tofu CC3 and now looks like we win CC4.

With us being down so many players, I was worried about this war, knowing that they are the only clan who are capable of kicking our butts. I am honestly surprised that we did this well. Believe it or not, if you count the participating players in this war, they are equal to that of TOFUs current lineup. We have 5 cup-tied people who are not allowed to play. Tofu should have done better imo. They are a good clan. I have no doubt that they'll get their shit together and come at us full force next time. :lol:
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby willedtowin1 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:

Yeah, no other clan but KoRT and TOFU have won the CC. Yeah Kort won CC1 and CC2, Tofu CC3 and now looks like we win CC4.

With us being down so many players, I was worried about this war, knowing that they are the only clan who are capable of kicking our butts. I am honestly surprised that we did this well. Believe it or not, if you count the participating players in this war, they are equal to that of TOFUs current lineup. We have 5 cup-tied people who are not allowed to play. Tofu should have done better imo. They are a good clan. I have no doubt that they'll get their shit together and come at us full force next time. :lol:

:shock: :roll:
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:00 pm

Tofu the only clan able to kick your butt? I don t really know why you wouldn t include ACE there shannon, the difference with tofu is a couple of dice rolls over a 6 month war.
Major betiko

Postby Armandolas on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:03 pm

So you are saying that we should have done better because we have more active players?Apart from our cuptied players we didnt have much players avaliable..unfortunatelly.

Guess ACE was the clan to beat, we achieved that in a very long and tiring war. More than 6 months with a small roster was enough for most of us, so in my honest opinon, that was what we wanted to achieve. Probably , after that journey,we didnt get that motivation to beat Kort.
Guess you guys did have that motivation since it will be your first win over Tofu. That might taste very nice for some of kort members.

Congratz on the win and looking forward to meet kort in the future
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Armandolas wrote:So you are saying that we should have done better because we have more active players?Apart from our cuptied players we didnt have much players avaliable..unfortunatelly.

Guess ACE was the clan to beat, we achieved that in a very long and tiring war. More than 6 months with a small roster was enough for most of us, so in my honest opinon, that was what we wanted to achieve. Probably , after that journey,we didnt get that motivation to beat Kort.
Guess you guys did have that motivation since it will be your first win over Tofu. That might taste very nice for some of kort members.

Congratz on the win and looking forward to meet kort in the future

I mean obviously winning vs 1st/2nd clan of CC as 1st/2nd clan of CC sure feels nice, but the way you wrote this comment feels like all the new players in KoRT despice TOFU. I'm pretty sure last war was the last time KoRT - TOFU wasn't so ... sportsmanlike from probably both sides. Yes this time there were some issues at ingamechat but I'm pretty sure the rivalry where KoRT players want to see TOFU lose as badly as possible vice versa is over. At least, back in the days when I played for KoRT all the new players didn't want to deal with that shit anyway.

Or maybe I'm just being salty now. Well played to both.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Not at all, equal amount of players not more :P

You should have done better because you are better than these results. Don't see why you'd be insulted by that fact. :P

Actually this will be our second win over Tofu ;) I wasn't around then, but that result shows as a draw on the clan boards (shows only 2 games played). I assume it was a CC tournament match as well. I do know it was the war that caused a bunch of salty crap between the 2 clans, so it's better that it's like that.

EW pretty much described very well how I feel. Why would I care to go back in time and find out who said or did what? I don't care, I just wanna have fun. As far as I am concerned, you are just another clan. Another top 5 clan at that. I have no desire to see you guys burn any more than any other. Of course I am delighted to win. That's about it. It's a major title.
Last edited by Shannon Apple on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Armandolas on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:22 pm

I didnt mean that kort players despice TOFU, i just think they might have been more motivated to win.I speak for myself, i didnt give what i could have gave.After the ACE war i didnt feel much more was left to achieve
Off course i would love to win this war and cup, but that didnt happen.We can blame us and we can blame kort because they did what it takes to win.
Colonel Armandolas

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Armandolas wrote:I didnt mean that kort players despice TOFU, i just think they might have been more motivated to win.I speak for myself, i didnt give what i could have gave.After the ACE war i didnt feel much more was left to achieve
Off course i would love to win this war and cup, but that didnt happen.We can blame us and we can blame kort because they did what it takes to win.

that's kind of what i was thinking... ace vs tofu was so long and and painful that it probably burned out the players from both clans. I said it in that thread... facing kort all fresh after such marathon wasn't going to be easy for ace/tofu. whichever of these 3 clans could've won, but being in the "deathmatch" semifinal sure was a handicap.

by the way.... you can probably get those CC5 round of 16 started if this is decided, we're in the middle of batch 3 in ours started nearly 2 month ago! :P
Major betiko

Postby josko.ri on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:22 pm

betiko wrote:
Armandolas wrote:I didnt mean that kort players despice TOFU, i just think they might have been more motivated to win.I speak for myself, i didnt give what i could have gave.After the ACE war i didnt feel much more was left to achieve

that's kind of what i was thinking... ace vs tofu was so long and and painful that it probably burned out the players from both clans. I said it in that thread... facing kort all fresh after such marathon wasn't going to be easy for ace/tofu. whichever of these 3 clans could've won, but being in the "deathmatch" semifinal sure was a handicap.

by the way.... you can probably get those CC5 round of 16 started if this is decided, we're in the middle of batch 3 in ours started nearly 2 month ago! :P

TOFU vs ACE was the same 60 games like KORT vs TSM at first. Difference between two wars is the last 7 games, played over a timeframe of like 2-3 months. Are 7 games over 2-3 months really somehing to burn out a clan which pretend to be top clan? I don't think so, just lame excuses.

If someone is burned out that is KORT, by being constantly active in top clan scenes (all CCups and all Premier Clan Leagues) since 2010. TOFU had a nice break early this year being absent from CL5 which KORT not only participated but won. CL5, during which KORT have played 176 games but TOFU played 0, is nothing comparable to 7 games over 2-3 months, if we judge by terms of being "burned out".
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:02 pm

josko.ri wrote:
betiko wrote:

TOFU vs ACE was the same 60 games like KORT vs TSM at first. Difference between two wars is the last 7 games, played over a timeframe of like 2-3 months. Are 7 games over 2-3 months really somehing to burn out a clan which pretend to be top clan? I don't think so, just lame excuses.

If someone is burned out that is KORT, by being constantly active in top clan scenes (all CCups and all Premier Clan Leagues) since 2010. TOFU had a nice break early this year being absent from CL5 which KORT not only participated but won. CL5, during which KORT have played 176 games but TOFU played 0, is nothing comparable to 7 games over 2-3 months, if we judge by terms of being "burned out".

While your cl5 argument is valid, the ace semifinal isn t in my understanding. You know what it is like to be in games that switch sides a lot and the ressources it takes to be constantly focused on very disputed games where it all comes down to taking the right decision every single turn, gamechat like crazy, see how your great plans are crushed by improbable dice and finding the small chances you can find to stay in the game when it is extremely close from being over for you.
Ace and tofu took it very seriously and all their games lasted very long, i m not sure i ever saw more than 2 games lead in their thread title.

While I guess TSM gave you a hard time I think it wasn t as demanding as last year s OSA or last year s semifinals against TOFU. You guys were leading all the way and you clinched the victory a long time before tofu and ace went to the tie breaker.

By the way, i think a tie break of 7 games was a poor idea, 61 including a tie breaker is fine like it is, don t see what s the prob if it finishes 30-31; mostly when it gets harder and harder to organise a CC cup that starts and finishes in 12 month max
Major betiko

Postby Great-Ollie on Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:40 pm

josko.ri wrote:
betiko wrote:

“You never really learn much from hearing yourself speak.” I'm just thinking out loud here. ;) :o
Major Great-Ollie

Postby ChrisPond on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:23 pm

I've been watching a lot of Nat Geo wild lately since the new "Pond Stars" showed started playing. Every now and then I catch this "Amazing Dr. Pol" show, which leads me to this question for you cows over there.

The Dr. Pol guy always has his hand up a cows ass...does this happen a lot to you all over in the clan and do you find it an enjoyable experience?

Colonel ChrisPond

Postby Dualta on Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:56 am

josko.ri wrote: a clan which pretend to be top clan? I don't think so, just lame excuses.

Congrats on the win KoRT. Very well played. See you next time.
Brigadier Dualta

Postby Dualta on Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:07 am

Shannon Apple wrote:You should have done better because you are better than these results.

That's very kind of you to say so Shannon. To be honest, you got us on a wobble in our focus. For instance, I think there were more missed turns in the war than in several of our previous wars put together. I'm not taking away from your win in the slightest. You can't make mistakes against opponests like your good selves and expect to get away with it. Congrats on the third cup. You've given us something to aspire to ;)
Brigadier Dualta

Postby josko.ri on Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:53 am

betiko wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
betiko wrote:

While your cl5 argument is valid, the ace semifinal isn t in my understanding. You know what it is like to be in games that switch sides a lot and the ressources it takes to be constantly focused on very disputed games where it all comes down to taking the right decision every single turn, gamechat like crazy, see how your great plans are crushed by improbable dice and finding the small chances you can find to stay in the game when it is extremely close from being over for you.
Ace and tofu took it very seriously and all their games lasted very long, i m not sure i ever saw more than 2 games lead in their thread title.

While I guess TSM gave you a hard time I think it wasn t as demanding as last year s OSA or last year s semifinals against TOFU. You guys were leading all the way and you clinched the victory a long time before tofu and ace went to the tie breaker.

By the way, i think a tie break of 7 games was a poor idea, 61 including a tie breaker is fine like it is, don t see what s the prob if it finishes 30-31; mostly when it gets harder and harder to organise a CC cup that starts and finishes in 12 month max

Well, the game load per a player in these 7 games was 1 or 2. You cannot convince me that being fully active in 1-2 games makes someone burned out in comparing with a clan who participated in 176 CL5 games, which were all or mostly all games which demand a lot of focus in order to play it on top level.

In CL5 there were 12 consecutive 2-weeks periods with new set of 16 games coming in every of them. TOFU at least had relatively long break (3-4 weeks) from the time when 30-30 result was decided to the time when new 7 games started. The same applies for the period between the time when the ACE war was decided to time when KORT war started.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Armandolas on Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:18 am

Mr. Troll. Who is trying to convince who? Poeple are just discussing ideas , saying wp and giving ggs.
Now go back to your cave, please
Colonel Armandolas

Postby hopalong on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:22 am

Congrats on the cup, kort.

Licking forward to the merger.
Major hopalong

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:41 am

hopalong wrote:Congrats on the cup, kort.

Is anyone else a little disturbed.

Dualta wrote:That's very kind of you to say so Shannon. To be honest, you got us on a wobble in our focus. For instance, I think there were more missed turns in the war than in several of our previous wars put together. I'm not taking away from your win in the slightest. You can't make mistakes against opponests like your good selves and expect to get away with it. Congrats on the third cup. You've given us something to aspire to ;)

That's nice of you to say. Thank you. =)
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jackal31 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:47 am

josko.ri wrote: a clan which pretend to be top clan? I don't think so, just lame excuses.

Way to take the high road. Stay classy.

Good war KoRT. Count on meeting again. These may be different clans, but I can tell you the rivalry will always run deep. I believe last year there was a fire lit with the loss on your side.....this war will only light a new one on ours. We are already looking for that revenge and rematch.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby ChrisPond on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:18 am

Shannon Apple wrote:
hopalong wrote:Congrats on the cup, kort.

Is anyone else a little disturbed.

Shannon, meet Hoppy. Hopper, meet Shannon :D

Hop, I think Shannon is a girl.

Shannon, Hopalong is "special". We try and keep him contained

Colonel ChrisPond

Postby catnipdreams on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:52 am

ChrisPond wrote:Shannon, meet Hoppy. Hopper, meet Shannon :D

Run, Shannon!!! Hoppy has, er, well, "hormone issues"...
Major catnipdreams

Postby Denise on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:51 pm

Congratulations, KORT. Well played.

Thank you, Fishy, Shannon, & Doc, for a very well run war. A clap for each of you .. =D> =D> =D>
Major Denise

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges