Conquer Club

[CC11] Conqueror's Cup XI - Round 3

Active clan challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC11] Conqueror's Cup XI - Sign-Ups closed

Postby Keefie on Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:11 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:why are you so beat up over it lmao

Why are you agreeing ? Every clan signed up has read and agrees to the rules. Now, the two clans who jumped a couple of places in the Jan rankings want to move the goalposts. Let's just stick to what everyone agreed and signed up to.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:59 am

not like it's gonna have any impact on your clan regardless but you pop off and have your moment x
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Re: [CC11] Conqueror's Cup XI - Sign-Ups (15/?) [Closing soo

Postby shoop76 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:20 am

josko.ri wrote:I think two things in rules were copy-pasted from the last years, without considering new circumstances from this year.

1. Seeding from December F400 instead from January.
> In every year until now, CCup was starting at January 1 or around that date. In these circumstances, it was proper to use December ranking for seeding. However, this year CCup starts around January 20 so we already have January ranking posted, therefore that one is proper be used, not December ranking.

2. The old rule states that a clan needs to have one war completed to enter CCup.
> This rule was made in the early beginnings of CCup in order to prevent unserious clans who might drop out from joining. However I think we should allow to REP clan to join because we already know that that clan is composed of serious proven players and will surely not drop out of the Cup.

1. When signups started only the December rankings were out, that is why these were used. It was clearly stated and no one raised an issue at the time. Now the January rankings are out some want to use that. We will keep it as stated in the OP.

2. REP has not asked to sign up for this event, but even if they had it would be unlikely an exception would be made. Its dangerous to set precedent for something like this. I know they will be a great clan and look forward to seeing them next year.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:14 am

shoop76 wrote:
josko.ri wrote:I think two things in rules were copy-pasted from the last years, without considering new circumstances from this year.

> In every year until now, CCup was starting at January 1 or around that date. In these circumstances, it was proper to use December ranking for seeding. However, this year CCup starts around January 20 so we already have January ranking posted, therefore that one is proper be used, not December ranking.

2. The old rule states that a clan needs to have one war completed to enter CCup.
> This rule was made in the early beginnings of CCup in order to prevent unserious clans who might drop out from joining. However I think we should allow to REP clan to join because we already know that that clan is composed of serious proven players and will surely not drop out of the Cup.

1. When signups started only the December rankings were out, that is why these were used. It was clearly stated and no one raised an issue at the time. Now the January rankings are out some want to use that. We will keep it as stated in the OP.

just for clarity, is that a CD statement, agreed by the CD team?
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Sanguis on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:21 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
shoop76 wrote:

Maybe you should try and read what the opening post says about what ranking is being used. It is clarified there.

We know that you got some positions, and that S&M gained some too, while we lost some. It's in your interest to propose that those rankings are being used, obviously, but... Everyone complied with what was being said in that opening post by responding that they have fully read and understood what was written there. Keefie isn't trying to "get his moment", he's just referring you to what has been written, what you should have read, and what you should have understood. I guess that "understood" was not a part of the "etc." that you wrote in your post, lol.

If ICON would have lost positions in the January ranking, I'm willing to bet money on it that you would've been the first one to respond to Josko with something like: "Well actually... the opening statement says that the December ranking will be used."
Last edited by Sanguis on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Sanguis

Postby Keefie on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:26 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
shoop76 wrote:

A post by the TO is good enough for me :)
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby josko.ri on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:29 am

S&M is anyway first seeded because first two seeded are determined by their placement in last year CCup. So I didn't have personal motivation behind proposing this idea.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Sanguis on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:32 am

josko.ri wrote:S&M is anyway first seeded because first two seeded are determined by their placement in last year CCup. So I didn't have personal motivation behind proposing this idea.

What I mean is that regardless of S&M benefitting, caff now has an incentive to say something about it.
Colonel Sanguis

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:35 am

Sanguis wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
shoop76 wrote:

Maybe you should try and read what the opening post says about what ranking is being used. It is clarified there.

We know that you got some positions, and that S&M gained some too, while we lost some. It's in your interest to propose that those rankings are being used, obviously, but... Everyone complied with what was being said in that opening post by responding that they have fully read and understood what was written there. Keefie isn't trying to "get his moment", he's just referring you to what has been written, what you should have read, and what you should have understood. I guess that "understood" was not a part of the "etc." that you wrote in your post, lol.

If ICON would have lost positions in the January ranking, I'm willing to bet money on it that you would've been the first one to respond to Josko with something like: "Well actually... the opening statement says that the December ranking will be used."

i pretty much never read the post before signing up lol. also not really bothered if our seeding changes either, we play who we play and that's it. Keefie knows i'm just having some fun as usual.

on the other hand you do seem to have some kind of issue with me. i'd say pm me about it but i really don't care enough to engage with you beyond this message right now so bye!
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Keefie on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:38 am

I only have a problem with you when you behave like an arrogant knob.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:43 am

i saw overreaction and i jumped at the opportunity to have some fun. forums are boring these days, gotta make the most of it.

as for being arrogant.. almost never. unless as humour.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:16 pm

We are automatically the #2 seed, in accordance with longstanding rules. The rankings only matter for seeds 3 and below.
Major rockfist

Postby BabySasuke on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:54 pm

C u next time
Captain BabySasuke

Postby niMic on Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:19 pm

It's C U Next Tuesday, technically.
Highest score: 3690
Highest rank: 21
General niMic

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:25 pm

niMic wrote:It's C U Next Tuesday, technically.

Next year, technically.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby niMic on Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:32 pm

That's sneaky.
Highest score: 3690
Highest rank: 21
General niMic

Postby BabySasuke on Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:47 pm

time still works
Captain BabySasuke

Postby shoop76 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:23 am

Bracket posted.

6 week period will start this Sunday, January 24, 2020.

Good luck to all.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Re: [CC11] Conqueror's Cup XI - Round 1 starting

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:28 pm

R1:
S&M > VNM
OSA > LOW
FALL > RET
A^ > DBD
TOFU > BOB
ATL > GON
LHDD > KNT
FOED > ICON

R2:
S&M > OSA
FALL > A^
TOFU > ATL
LHDD > FOED

R3:
S&M > FALL
TOFU > LHDD

R4:
TOFU > S&M
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby benga on Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:44 pm

We never won vs low
Sergeant benga

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:50 pm

benga wrote:We never won vs low

The prophecy foretells that you'll win.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:00 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:R1:
S&M > VNM
OSA > LOW
FALL > RET
A^ > DBD
TOFU > BOB
ATL > GON
LHDD > KNT
FOED < ICON

R2:
S&M > OSA
FALL > A^
TOFU > ATL
LHDD > ICON

R3:
S&M > FALL
TOFU > LHDD

R4:
TOFU < S&M

Fixed
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:05 pm

benga wrote:We never won vs low

Ice also believes in you. Don't want to disappoint both of us, do you?
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby benga on Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:38 pm

I kick ass in 3some
Sergeant benga

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:40 pm

benga wrote:I kick ass in 3some

That should translate well to triples games
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter