Conquer Club

[IC3] Invitational Cup 3 - Winners: LOW! MVP Process Ongoing

Active clan challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[IC3] Invitational Cup 3 - Winners: LOW! MVP Process Ongoing

Postby IcePack on Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:13 pm

Invitational Cup 3

Tournament Organizer: IcePack
Assistant Organizer: Keefie

show: Schedule

show: Games and Players

show: Rules and Settings

show: Rewards

show: Clans and Contacts
Last edited by IcePack on Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Invitational Cup 3

Postby IcePack on Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:14 pm

Last edited by IcePack on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:17 pm

Last edited by IcePack on Fri May 21, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:18 pm

Good luck to everyone and thank you for participating in the third event! =D>

Special thanks to the CD team for awarding prizes =D>

All matches for Round 1 can start whenever you're ready. Round has a required start date of April 3rd at the latest.

Subsequent rounds start the Sunday after the 2 clans meeting in the next round have been decided.
Last edited by IcePack on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Caymanmew on Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:41 pm

Congrats to REP for winning IC3 =D> =D> =D>
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby jghost7 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:47 pm

lol, 100
Major jghost7

Postby IcePack on Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:55 pm

Caymanmew wrote:Congrats to REP for winning IC3 =D> =D> =D>

Have some respect for the opponents :roll: REP just went 24-17 vs RGV, and there are 2-3 clans I think here ranked higher then those. And weā€™re still new, I organized our first war but our regular war planners will be handling this and planning their first wars here too.

It should be a competitive group for the most part, VNM alone has a reputation of disrupting things in the leagues let alone the others.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jghost7 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:59 pm

I guess clans cant get a warning for farming....lol... :lol:

....nah IP, most everyone whos been around knows the quality of the group of players in your clan. I know for a fact that REP is a top clan. Sorry if I pulled the wool off the eyes of someone who didnt know.
Major jghost7

Postby JPlo64 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:13 pm

Awesome!
Thanks for putting this together IP =D>
Major JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:52 pm

in this thread: jghost calls his own clan bad
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby jghost7 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:05 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:in this thread: jghost calls his own clan bad

in this thread: caffeine unsurprisingly trolling.
Major jghost7

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:31 pm

jghost7 wrote:I guess clans cant get a warning for farming....lol... :lol:

....nah IP, most everyone whos been around knows the quality of the group of players in your clan. I know for a fact that REP is a top clan. Sorry if I pulled the wool off the eyes of someone who didnt know.

:-$
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:32 pm

I guess having a good clan line up automatically means we win everything and everybody gels and has perfect map coverage immediately out of the gate right?

Of course not, takes time to gain experience, gel as teams, find the right teammates and home maps etc. doesnā€™t come instantly and nothing can be assumed. Some thought weā€™d blow RGV out of the water and i said would be a good war, and it was. 24-17 isnā€™t a blow out and thereā€™s a reason why the games are played.

We might EVENTUALLY be a ā€œtop clanā€ but this will be our second war and our war planners first. We arenā€™t a top clan yet. (But well be happy to take your forfeit if youā€™d like to offer one, 41-0 would sure be good for our rankings and help take us to ā€œtop clanā€ status lol
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Caymanmew on Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:52 pm

Quit selling the bullshit, no one is buying it. :roll:
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:59 pm

Caymanmew wrote:Quit selling the bullshit, no one is buying it. :roll:

Everyone's sound approval of REP as a top clan is gonna make it hurt worse when someone knocks our block off cause I lead the war :lol: We've got some big shoes to fill based on some people's thoughts, hoping we don't make too big a fool of ourselves! RGV gave us a real run for our money, so plenty of kinks to be worked out if we really are a top clan already.
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby IcePack on Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:59 pm

Caymanmew wrote:Quit selling the bullshit, no one is buying it. :roll:

lol Iā€™m not selling bullshit if you think top clans instantly materialize then you clearly donā€™t understand the skill level, amount of work and preparation it takes to become one.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jghost7 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:14 pm

IcePack wrote:

I guess having a good clan line up automatically means we win everything and everybody gels and has perfect map coverage immediately out of the gate right?

Of course not, takes time to gain experience, gel as teams, find the right teammates and home maps etc. doesnā€™t come instantly and nothing can be assumed. Some thought weā€™d blow RGV out of the water and i said would be a good war, and it was. 24-17 isnā€™t a blow out and thereā€™s a reason why the games are played.

We might EVENTUALLY be a ā€œtop clanā€ but this will be our second war and our war planners first. We arenā€™t a top clan yet. (But well be happy to take your forfeit if youā€™d like to offer one, 41-0 would sure be good for our rankings and help take us to ā€œtop clanā€ status lol

LOL IP, not buying it.

Have fun though, should be fun for you all.

just for laughs....lol

show
Major jghost7

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:26 pm

jghost is really sitting here saying his own clan is getting farmed in a cup they chose to join lol. wild.

as for all the farming comments in general.. who cares, really? if you all think REP are a "top clan" (debatable) then what else should they do? if they join other events, they'll "farm" the weaker clans and lose to the best anyway. one way or another their ranking will go up. this is just like Newcomer's Cup which was "farmed" by any new, good clan who started up.

i don't even understand why cayman is bothered. not like ATL wouldn't join given the chance lol.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:07 pm

I donā€™t really understand the farming comments tbh, nobody would bat an eye if we warred vs RET or LOW or VNM. The bracket actually ended up quite nicely, itā€™s not like weā€™ve got the easiest path possible here.

And ATL participated in this event previously (and won) same as RA.

The original invite also included RGV (who based on our war is def within reach of a possible victory) and AFOS, both who couldnā€™t make it here. It was the 8 most evenly matched clans I could pull up, and because two declined we included the next two who were awesome enough to participate (thanks to BOB & KNT!)

Bottom line top clans donā€™t just materialize, most of the clan until recently hasnā€™t played together (some didnā€™t even really know each other) and came from a variety of clans to do something new and have some fun. Maybe by the end of this we will be more organized and experienced as a group, and ready to participate in something g bigger (like cup, which we didnā€™t qualify for because we didnā€™t have one war completed at the time) but next year we will qualify and Iā€™m sure weā€™ll participate and see where we are at compared to the rest.

But put us against any of the ā€œtop clansā€ (TOFU, S&M, LHDD, FALL) and thereā€™s no way weā€™re getting more then 10-15 out of 41 rn imo.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Caymanmew on Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:21 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:jghost is really sitting here saying his own clan is getting farmed in a cup they chose to join lol. wild.

as for all the farming comments in general.. who cares, really? if you all think REP are a "top clan" (debatable) then what else should they do? if they join other events, they'll "farm" the weaker clans and lose to the best anyway. one way or another their ranking will go up. this is just like Newcomer's Cup which was "farmed" by any new, good clan who started up.

i don't even understand why cayman is bothered. not like ATL wouldn't join given the chance lol.

We would absolutely not join. I ran IC2 and Lindax tried to force me to add ATL in and I refused multiple times as the goal of the tournament was for the majority of clans to have a legit shot of winning.
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:30 pm

Caymanmew wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:jghost is really sitting here saying his own clan is getting farmed in a cup they chose to join lol. wild.

We would absolutely not join. I ran IC2 and Lindax tried to force me to add ATL in and I refused multiple times as the goal of the tournament was for the majority of clans to have a legit shot of winning.

You'd join this time then? Since REP are as good as a top clan it wouldn't be a free win for ATL?
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Caymanmew on Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:41 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

You'd join this time then? Since REP are as good as a top clan it wouldn't be a free win for ATL?

No surprised but we were not asked. We are focused on CC right now so I don't think we would have joined.
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby IcePack on Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:43 pm

Caymanmew wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

No surprised but we were not asked. We are focused on CC right now so I don't think we would have joined.

Didn't ask either of the previous winners for obvious reasons (ATL or RA)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Caymanmew on Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:46 pm

IcePack wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

Didn't ask either of the previous winners for obvious reasons (ATL or RA)

Worried you might have a chance to lose?
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:48 pm

Caymanmew wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

This was the bracket when ATL won the Invitational Cup. I'd say REP has a harder run than ATL did, don't you think?

Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Next

Return to Active Challenges