Conquer Club

[IC3] Invitational Cup 3 - Winners: LOW! MVP Process Ongoing

Active clan challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Invitational Cup 3

Postby IcePack on Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:52 pm

Caymanmew wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:jghost is really sitting here saying his own clan is getting farmed in a cup they chose to join lol. wild.

as for all the farming comments in general.. who cares, really? if you all think REP are a "top clan" (debatable) then what else should they do? if they join other events, they'll "farm" the weaker clans and lose to the best anyway. one way or another their ranking will go up. this is just like Newcomer's Cup which was "farmed" by any new, good clan who started up.

i don't even understand why cayman is bothered. not like ATL wouldn't join given the chance lol.

We would absolutely not join. I ran IC2 and Lindax tried to force me to add ATL in and I refused multiple times as the goal of the tournament was for the majority of clans to have a legit shot of winning.

You'd join this time then? Since REP are as good as a top clan it wouldn't be a free win for ATL?

No surprised but we were not asked. We are focused on CC right now so I don't think we would have joined.

Didn't ask either of the previous winners for obvious reasons (ATL or RA)

Worried you might have a chance to lose?

LOL according to you I got nothing to worry about, just look at our roster :D
The intent of the event was to offer up something like the Newcomers Cup (which had gone away) and provide opportunities for clans to win cups that might not otherwise participate / win one of their own. By definition, ATL and RA already showed themselves at the top of the available group previously so there was no need to include them again. Plus, the aim was to get the 8 closest / evenest clans possible. The ones invited were all very equal (within 200 rating points from top to bottom clan)

My original PM

show
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:53 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:jghost is really sitting here saying his own clan is getting farmed in a cup they chose to join lol. wild.

as for all the farming comments in general.. who cares, really? if you all think REP are a "top clan" (debatable) then what else should they do? if they join other events, they'll "farm" the weaker clans and lose to the best anyway. one way or another their ranking will go up. this is just like Newcomer's Cup which was "farmed" by any new, good clan who started up.

i don't even understand why cayman is bothered. not like ATL wouldn't join given the chance lol.

We would absolutely not join. I ran IC2 and Lindax tried to force me to add ATL in and I refused multiple times as the goal of the tournament was for the majority of clans to have a legit shot of winning.

You'd join this time then? Since REP are as good as a top clan it wouldn't be a free win for ATL?

No surprised but we were not asked. We are focused on CC right now so I don't think we would have joined.

This was the bracket when ATL won the Invitational Cup. I'd say REP has a harder run than ATL did, don't you think?

Dont bring up facts, he just wants you to LOOK at the ROSTER. No games need to be played. Thats why 20 troop stacks ALWAYS beats a 15, I mean, just LOOK. Its got MORE.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:15 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

This was the bracket when ATL won the Invitational Cup. I'd say REP has a harder run than ATL did, don't you think?

ATL IC1 as a replacement for HH in June 2018. We were ranked 16th, compared to RA at 14, and SOH at 9 we were far from favourites.

I had actually only been in the clan for 2 months, the same for GeneralTaken who joined with me. Misteryforall had been in the clan for a month and a half. Between the time we joined in June 2018 and the start of the finals in Dec 2018 we added Kaiser Szami, Elaterate, DBdanit70, and Phil Gates. Additionally, I was added as a leader and took over war planning.

By the time we won we were far from the same clan who joined as we had both improved as a team and recruited a number of key players.

At the start of IC1, I'd say SOH was the clear favourite and did not really belong. Still the current REP squad looks much stronger then SOH when they joined IC1.
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:17 am

Caymanmew wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

ATL IC1 as a replacement for HH in June 2018. We were ranked 16th, compared to RA at 14, and SOH at 9 we were far from favourites.

I had actually only been in the clan for 2 months, the same for GeneralTaken who joined with me. Misteryforall had been in the clan for a month and a half. Between the time we joined in June 2018 and the start of the finals in Dec 2018 we added Kaiser Szami, Elaterate, DBdanit70, and Phil Gates. Additionally, I was added as a leader and took over war planning.

By the time we won we were far from the same clan who joined as we had both improved as a team and recruited a number of key players.

At the start of IC1, I'd say SOH was the clear favourite and did not really belong. Still the current REP squad looks much stronger then SOH when they joined IC1.

Oh so when its ATL, ranking matters and length of time as a team matters. But when its REP...just LOOK at our roster... ok bud. :roll:
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:20 am

Caymanmew wrote:ATL IC1 as a replacement for HH in June 2018. We were ranked 16th, compared to RA at 14, and SOH at 9 we were far from favourites.

So it's ok to use ranking as an argument when it suits you, but not for REP?

Caymanmew wrote:I had actually only been in the clan for 2 months, the same for GeneralTaken who joined with me. Misteryforall had been in the clan for a month and a half. Between the time we joined in June 2018 and the start of the finals in Dec 2018 we added Kaiser Szami, Elaterate, DBdanit70, and Phil Gates.

So there's you, a decent player. And a load of... other players. Nobody who's really going to take you from a top 20 to a top 10 clan, let's be realistic. Although I will admit ATL were a husk of their former selves at that time, so new players were needed no matter how adequate. ATL has a small group of very good players, and a load of people you can count on to do their part (most of the time). Sounds similar to how REP looks, in my opinion at least.

Caymanmew wrote:Additionally, I was added as a leader and took over war planning.

You took over war planning for the first time, just like swimmer is for REP now. Sounds similar.

Caymanmew wrote:By the time we won we were far from the same clan who joined as we had both improved as a team and recruited a number of key players.

Congrats! Would you like a medal? Oh, wait, you got one..

Caymanmew wrote:At the start of IC1, I'd say SOH was the clear favourite and did not really belong. Still the current REP squad looks much stronger then SOH when they joined IC1.

I don't think SOH have ever been favourites to win anything, ever. They had one good League season that was completely unexpected and likely an overperformance and then imploded. That was it.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:36 am

IcePack wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

Oh so when its ATL, ranking matters and length of time as a team matters. But when its REP...just LOOK at our roster... ok bud. :roll:

No, look at the rosters...

show: ATL vs RA

show: ATL vs SOH

That is the change from a clan relying on a few players who other than 3 new people who were relatively unknown and not experienced clan players to a clan that did not have a good record of leading ATL to success vs top clans. We had recently lost 34 - 9 to TOFU.

We changed drastically between April and September of 2018 and a number of new players with no reputation in clans joined and built a group into some different than it was.

REP is not a bunch of unknowns or question marks. Your players are well known as very good players, and many have experience playing together in clans competition.

There is no comparison to ATL's roster of June 2018.
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:44 am

many have experience playing together in clans competition.

Say what? Not really. There might be a handful of people whoā€™ve played extensively together but most of us came from a variety of places and do not have experience playing together in clan competitions. But even within the guys who came from the same clan, itā€™s not like swimmer and I were extensive partners or had much experience together even tho we came from the same clan.

Most of our people are out there practicing new teams and playing w new partners for their first games. Your impression of us is not exactly matching reality. Eventually, again I would agree we have top clan potential. But until those partnerships and experience is gained both on teams playing together and organizing and planning side were still a new group taking on our first few wars here.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:44 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:ATL IC1 as a replacement for HH in June 2018. We were ranked 16th, compared to RA at 14, and SOH at 9 we were far from favourites.

So it's ok to use ranking as an argument when it suits you, but not for REP?

REP is not even ranked...

But no I'd use rosters, as I have explained, ATL's roster changed a lot after joining IC1 and it was full of unknown new players. REP has a roster full of experienced clan members.

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:I had actually only been in the clan for 2 months, the same for GeneralTaken who joined with me. Misteryforall had been in the clan for a month and a half. Between the time we joined in June 2018 and the start of the finals in Dec 2018 we added Kaiser Szami, Elaterate, DBdanit70, and Phil Gates.

So there's you, a decent player. And a load of... other players. Nobody who's really going to take you from a top 20 to a top 10 clan, let's be realistic. Although I will admit ATL were a husk of their former selves at that time, so new players were needed no matter how adequate. ATL has a small group of very good players, and a load of people you can count on to do their part (most of the time). Sounds similar to how REP looks, in my opinion at least.

Call them others if you want but they make up half the core of the ATL that avoided relegations in PD for two years in a row as well as having close wars with a number of other clans we are currently ranked near. ATL improvement was not off the back of any single player but rather solid recruitments that brought in a bunch of good players that helped ATL improve from a top 20 clan to a top 10 clan.

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:Additionally, I was added as a leader and took over war planning.

You took over war planning for the first time, just like swimmer is for REP now. Sounds similar.

ATL was spamming wars, by the time of the finals I had 5 wars under my belt as either planner or assistant planner well as CLX.

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:At the start of IC1, I'd say SOH was the clear favourite and did not really belong. Still the current REP squad looks much stronger then SOH when they joined IC1.

I don't think SOH have ever been favourites to win anything, ever. They had one good League season that was completely unexpected and likely an overperformance and then imploded. That was it.

so your saying ATL was the favourite at the start of IC1?
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:50 am

IcePack wrote:
many have experience playing together in clans competition.

Say what? Not really. There might be a handful of people whoā€™ve played extensively together but most of us came from a variety of places and do not have experience playing together in clan competitions. But even within the guys who came from the same clan, itā€™s not like swimmer and I were extensive partners or had much experience together even tho we came from the same clan.

Most of our people are out there practicing new teams and playing w new partners for their first games. Your impression of us is not exactly matching reality. Eventually, again I would agree we have top clan potential. But until those partnerships and experience is gained both on teams playing together and organizing and planning side were still a new group taking on our first few wars here.

I am not going to go through everyone on your clan, but you and swimmer have 43 games as partners, 15 of them clan games. Maybe not extensive partners but far from "not much experience together"
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:56 am

Caymanmew wrote:That is the change from a clan relying on a few players who other than 3 new people who were relatively unknown and not experienced clan players to a clan that did not have a good record of leading ATL to success vs top clans. We had recently lost 34 - 9 to TOFU.

We changed drastically between April and September of 2018 and a number of new players with no reputation in clans joined and built a group into some different than it was.

Your roster vs RA had 10 players taking 8+ games. Your roster vs SOH had 11 players taking 8+ games. Drastic change indeed.

Caymanmew wrote:REP is not a bunch of unknowns or question marks. Your players are well known as very good players, and many have experience playing together in clans competition.

You know a lot less about REP's players than you think.

Caymanmew wrote:But no I'd use rosters, as I have explained, ATL's roster changed a lot after joining IC1 and it was full of unknown new players. REP has a roster full of experienced clan members.

How do you rank based on rosters? Are you high? Imagine if the Cup or League were organised based on a clan's roster. Imagine basing S&M's ranking on their roster despite denthefrog, foxglove, hatchman, killmanic, laddida, laughingcavalier, sjnap and swifte are all inactive. They'd be ranked #1 in every single event regardless of anything else, just because their roster is so stacked. On top of that, you don't know how many games each player is going to take and how many of their preferred maps they'll play. This is the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

Caymanmew wrote:Call them others if you want but they make up half the core of the ATL that avoided relegations in PD for two years in a row as well as having close wars with a number of other clans we are currently ranked near.

Avoiding relegation and having close wars don't exactly sound like high points.

Caymanmew wrote:ATL improvement was not off the back of any single player but rather solid recruitments that brought in a bunch of good players that helped ATL improve from a top 20 clan to a top 10 clan.

As well as other clans deteriorating, sure.

Caymanmew wrote:ATL was spamming wars, by the time of the finals I had 5 wars under my belt as either planner or assistant planner well as CLX.

So you had more experience planning wars than Swimmer, got it.

Caymanmew wrote:so your saying ATL was the favourite at the start of IC1?

No idea. But you had an easier run than REP have.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:06 am

While I agree we have some name recognition, I think the thing that might be missing from some of your analysis is that a lot of our players also haven't competed at a high level recently. We also don't have a ton of home map practice, high intensity etc. Its kinda a bit of a ragtag crew of people that just like each other. To make a point, players like ljex, dwilhelmi, the voice, thespacecowboy etc. Haven't been onsite in literally years. And in the last 6-12 months are remembering the little minor tricks on maps etc, and are missing a lot of map knowledge that other constant players would have just in general from having played games.

I'm hopeful for our future, but feel a lot of these comparisons are apples to oranges in the end. I'm not all that familiar with the history of ATL, but I don't remember thinking anyone else was going to win that IC once ATL was in it. I suppose somewhat similar to how you guys seem to view us. Perhaps not warranted, but I think that was generally the popular opinion and bets were likely something like 1:10 odds otherwise, in my book.
iamcaffeine wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:so your saying ATL was the favourite at the start of IC1?

No idea. But you had an easier run than REP have.

I would also echo this sentiment. There are actually a couple of clans with enough start luck etc, in a 41 game war that could easily flip the 3 or 4 games needed to beat us out. Many of the competition in IC1 I'm really assuming couldn't come close... (though I'd need to look back at the results of those wars). I'm imagining our wars (if we get past the first) will likely be within the same margin as our RGV war was. We are face pretty established clans/leadership which we do not have.

I mean look at me. I know how to swim, not play risk. I think we can all agree on that :lol:

EDIT: I stand corrected, I looked at IC1, and those matches were much closer than I remember. My post is only somewhat valid now. Please do not hurt me :lol:
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby HardAttack on Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:03 am

Starting from viewtopic.php?f=441&t=235607&p=5198627&view=show#p5198627 TO https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=441&t=235607&start=25&p=5198650&view=show#p5198650

in 150 minutes of time period, 18 posts, and all 18 posts are OFF TOPICs
Some of these 18 posts are back to back from same users, and all of these are between 3 users....

What is this really ?
ATL is this, ICON is that, ahh noooo REP is something beyond bla bla bla and bla...
What do these contribute to the topic, would you please teach me ?

What surprises me more is, two of three users in these OFF TOPICs are moderators... =D> =D> =D>
Amazing, just so amazing.

Would you please take your whose pencil is bigger dialog somewhere else ? And stand loyal to common public sense ?
What is the logical difference in between REPLY TO ALL in PMs and posting back back back and back in Public Forum ?

As moderators are here to invite us to show loyal into rules, then I feel amused to invite some moderators make themselves examples staying and keeping in rules TOO.... and please.

Peace
O:)
Colonel HardAttack

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:24 am

I wouldn't give too much credence to the REP roster.

A pack of Has Beens and some May Be's. . .

Best of luck to all participants in the IC3!!
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:41 am

HardAttack wrote:Starting from viewtopic.php?f=441&t=235607&p=5198627&view=show#p5198627 TO https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=441&t=235607&start=25&p=5198650&view=show#p5198650

in 150 minutes of time period, 18 posts, and all 18 posts are OFF TOPICs
Some of these 18 posts are back to back from same users, and all of these are between 3 users....

What is this really ?
ATL is this, ICON is that, ahh noooo REP is something beyond bla bla bla and bla...
What do these contribute to the topic, would you please teach me ?

What surprises me more is, two of three users in these OFF TOPICs are moderators... =D> =D> =D>

Would you please take your whose pencil is bigger dialog somewhere else ? And stand loyal to common public sense ?
What is the logical difference in between REPLY TO ALL in PMs and posting back back back and back in Public Forum ?

As moderators are here to invite us to show loyal into rules, then I feel amused to invite some moderators make themselves examples staying and keeping in rules TOO.... and please.

Peace
O:)

Much as I donā€™t care for the debate, saying itā€™s off topic is pretty disingenuous. Someone said REP was farming and didnā€™t belong in the event, the discussion taking place directly related to those comments literally related to the event and clans who are participating in.

Not only as a participate but as the TO and organizer who planned and invited the clans

Anyway looking forward to it and good luck to everyone
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:55 am

Swimmerdude99 wrote:
I mean look at me. I know how to swim, not play risk. I think we can all agree on that :lol:

All those losses you've handed me are feeling very shat on right now lol
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:44 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:
Swimmerdude99 wrote:

All those losses you've handed me are feeling very shat on right now lol

Are you hitting on me? :oops:

HardAttack wrote:What surprises me more is, two of three users in these OFF TOPICs are moderators...

Your ability to troll is top notch. The discussion is about ICs so don't really see your problem with it.
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby BabySasuke on Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:02 pm

HardAttack wrote:
show

could you be anymore obsessive and disorientated?
Captain BabySasuke

Postby IcePack on Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:52 pm

Tournament Update:

VNM vs GON: Sent message checking in on war thread / negotiation status
KNT vs BOB: Sent message checking in on war thread / negotiation status
LOW vs DBD: War has started early, requested DBD send Round 1 games to database area as required
RET vs REP: War has not started, but is scheduled to start on time on the 29th.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [IC3] Invitational Cup 3

Postby IcePack on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:46 pm

Tournament Update:

- 3rd Post Updated with All War Links
- RET vs REP has exchanged but not filled Round 2 Games
- LOW vs DBD has exchanged and filled both Rounds of Games
- KNT vs BOB has progressed Round 1 well, PM sent to both parties regarding timing of Round 2.
- GON has advanced over VNM after consultation with CD's. Unfortunately, VNM has some stuff going on and withdrew
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:22 am

KNT & BOB have created and exchanged Round 2 games, good luck to both parties!
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:32 pm

Congrats to LOW for advancing to the next Round!
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Wed May 05, 2021 2:49 pm

Congrats to KNT for advancing to the next Round!
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Fri May 21, 2021 2:00 pm

Congrats to REP for advancing to the next Round!
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Fri May 21, 2021 2:02 pm

Semi-Finals Wars:

GON vs KNT: viewtopic.php?f=441&t=236046

LOW vs REP: viewtopic.php?f=441&t=236107
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:12 pm

I was too busy looking at our roster to manage to make us undefeated this war, like the peanut gallery was sure of :lol:
Major Swimmerdude99

PreviousNext

Return to Active Challenges