Conquer Club

Conqueror's Cup 2010. Winners Knights of the round table !!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conqueror's Cup!!

Postby laddida on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:No worries guys. It's no big deal and I can understand why you aren't participating. I don't think Lubawski means it either, he was just a little offended by Scott's comments in another thread.

I will go ahead and take TSM off of the roster. Hope you all participate in the next one.

yeah im sorry to disapoint its just been a very stressful battle with thota. I hope we can be in the next one too :) its a good idea.
General laddida

Postby laddida on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:54 pm

I also like to wish you luck with this clan tournament ur putting up. With some disapointment of some top clans not likely to be playing in it i hope it all works out for you. And Gl to all the clans playing in it.
General laddida

Postby Riazor on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Imperial Dragoons confirm their signing up!

For now (subject to change):

primary contact: Riazor
secondary contact: hwhrhett
Lieutenant Riazor

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:42 pm

It would be a real pity if some of the major players such as TSM can't get involved.

With this not scheduled to start until end March could you (TSM) not keep a provisional place and see how you feel when that time comes? Perhaps you'd all feel less jaded by then, who knows. And maybe you'd consider recruiting?

I guess it's up to Chuck as to when he sets a deadline for entrants, but it would be nice if you kept your name in the hat for as long as poss and then make a decision at the deadline.

The tourney will be all the poorer without you :(
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Incandenza on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:05 pm

A big second of Chariot's post, t'would be a shame for the Monkis to sit this one out. I can appreciate the desire for a break, but this is going to be a long event, and you guys might think differently once the heat of the current challenge abates.

Thankfully, though, the Monkis appear to be the only top clan abstaining, though LoW continues to be a question mark (tho, with all due respect, I can't think of a clan with more to prove and more to gain in this than LoW).
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:47 pm

Incandenza wrote:A big second of Chariot's post, t'would be a shame for the Monkis to sit this one out. I can appreciate the desire for a break, but this is going to be a long event, and you guys might think differently once the heat of the current challenge abates.

Thankfully, though, the Monkis appear to be the only top clan abstaining, though LoW continues to be a question mark (tho, with all due respect, I can't think of a clan with more to prove and more to gain in this than LoW).

Actually KORT may also sit and IA...... Bandits are sitting... so might be a few holes.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby Incandenza on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:52 pm

Bruceswar wrote:Actually KORT may also sit and IA...... Bandits are sitting... so might be a few holes.

IA's voting on it as a clan, IIRC, and the Bandits, well, the Bandits are a good clan, but they're not quite active enough so that it'll leave a big hole if they don't participate. However, I'm bummed to hear you guys might sit this one out. Any particular reason why?
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Incandenza wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:Actually KORT may also sit and IA...... Bandits are sitting... so might be a few holes.

IA's voting on it as a clan, IIRC, and the Bandits, well, the Bandits are a good clan, but they're not quite active enough so that it'll leave a big hole if they don't participate. However, I'm bummed to hear you guys might sit this one out. Any particular reason why?

Few reasons 1 vs 1's are not our thing. We might not have enough people who want to play it to make it a go for us. Also a good few of us are wanting less games and not more added on. Taking on a 60 game challenge for us was a bit of a task due to the amount of people needed to fill the slots. We have 21 members with about 17 who played at all. Of the 17 about 13 played a good number of games. Now those numbers likely would be less.

Taking on 1 challenge is one thing, but possible 4 back to back to back is another.

Postby hiddendragon on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Should poll and see if 1v1's are really warranted for this.
Sergeant 1st Class hiddendragon

Postby Dunk90 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:37 pm

I'm in!!!
I like to kick ass and chew bubble gum and right now I'm out of bubble gum......
Corporal Dunk90

Postby chephren on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:10 pm

hiddendragon wrote:Should poll and see if 1v1's are really warranted for this.

Aren't we beyond this? Polls? They are a surefire way to hold the whole process up.

Chuck's presented a tournament - many have joined. If you don't like the format, don't join!

Would you recommend a poll to change any another tournament that got put up? No. This is not CLA - no polls are necessary, if you ask me. It's fine as it is.

For what it's worth - I don't like 1v1's either and I NEVER play them. But I can get past it.
General chephren

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:16 pm

btw where is AOD?

Postby Chuuuuck on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:26 pm

AOD declined to join. Not enough of their members were interested in playing.

There will be no polls on 1v1. There are a bare minimum of 1v1 games involved so it should not be an issue whatsoever.

I strongly suggest those of you worried about workload reconsider. As a clan, you are going to participate in SOMETHING more than likely. Why not consider playing in the 1 challenge at a time involved in this tournament? You will only play 4 straight matches if you make it to the finals, and if you make it to the finals then I would think everyone involved would be fired up enough about winning that it wouldn't bother them.

Just my 2 cents. I don't want to have to talk anyone into joining. I think with all of the clans involved already, THOTA, TOFU, EMPIRE, ID, etc (not meaning to leave anyone out) this is still going to be a great tournament. Whoever wins will have great bragging rights and four solid wins. I hope to see you all there, if not, maybe next time.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Foxglove on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:36 pm

KORT is in.

Primary: Masli
Secondary: Foxglove

:)
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby samuelc812 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:54 pm

LoW is confirmed as entering this tournament.

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby elfish_lad on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 am

Don't know if the Grim Reapers are in but I will contact our leader b00060.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Chuuuuck on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:34 am

Excellent. Looking like a great tournament now with KORT and LoW!!
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Gold Knight on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:21 am

Chuuuuck wrote:AOD declined to join. Not enough of their members were interested in playing.

Yeah, sorry we wont be in this. We are currently in the largest clan war to date that i know of with BSS, have the clan league to deal with every week, and upcoming wars against both TOFU and THOTA in the near future, so I think we have plenty on our plate for the time being. Hell, think we could do just these and have a full schedule...

Also dont want our members getting burned out on clan games and making them commit to so much, happy members make happy JP :lol:
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby freakns on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:33 am

1 vs 1 carries 2 out of 40 points. i really dont see why all the buzzers about it...

its good to see KoTR and LoW in! =D>
Brigadier freakns

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:01 am

If you're clan's good enough you'd only have to play 21 games out of 40 anyway ;)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby freakns on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:15 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:If you're clan's good enough you'd only have to play 21 games out of 40 anyway ;)

or bad enough :lol:
Brigadier freakns

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:49 am

freakns wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:If you're clan's good enough you'd only have to play 21 games out of 40 anyway ;)

or bad enough :lol:

You bugger, you nicked my punchline :D I think I'd like Serbia if everyone had your wit.

Back on topic - looks great, fabulous response (have the 16 spots been filled?) and a format that seems to appeal to the majority in every aspect.

Can I throw an idea into the ring? Two clans, 40 game points (Rounds 1 & 2) and the toughest issue seems to be the volume of games for some clans. If a time allotment of 10 games per week (5 from each clan) was implemented, would this not accommodate most parties? The 5 games can be any of the formats (from singles to quads) so if your clan is busy now go with singles and doubs at first and then play the team-heavy games later, or vice versa. Each clan sends its 5 games (map/settings/line-up) to the tourney organiser by PM, who on receipt of both (within the week allotted) then posts the game details in the tourney thread. Those games then stand (no amendments) and can get underway.

With a scheduled start date of 1st March all Rnd.1 games will be underway by month's end, finishing by April. Rnd.2 kicks off 1st May, ending June. July/Aug/Sept could see the completion of the semis (I'm sure a clan can work out its roster of who is available to play within these 3 months) and Oct/Nov/Dec sees the start & finish of the final.

Sorry if this sounds like waffle (and that it's not my business to be on the organising side of things). Just trying to devise ways to accommodate everybody, plus I've just got back (7.50pm) from a very boozy lunch!

In vino veritas as the old saying goes :D
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby BoganGod on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:00 am

freakns wrote:

1 vs 1 carries 2 out of 40 points. i really dont see why all the buzzers about it...

its good to see KoTR and LoW in! =D>

I guess the only issue that I see with the 1vs1 is points for the individual players. Playing 1vs1 if one is over 2200 points is often points negative as you can win 3from5, and still be behind on points. Not that that is a real issue, since its not that many games.

Personally I don't like 1vs1, as the first turn advantage is huge. So with evenly matched players almost always comes down to first turn or someone getting amazing dice. Quads and trips been much more of a test of skill.

Keep them in by all means, the general set up looks great, thanks for putting in so much hard work empire =D> =D> You are now my favorite fairy queen clan!!!
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby freakns on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:14 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:You bugger, you nicked my punchline :D I think I'd like Serbia if everyone had your wit.

ty for kind words sir! and if this is a case, then yeah, you would like Serbia very much :)

BoganGod wrote:You are now my favorite fairy queen clan!!!

that they are!
Lubawski is a fairy and Chuck is a queen. :D
Brigadier freakns

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:09 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:
You bugger, you nicked my punchline I think I'd like Serbia if everyone had your wit.

Freakns wrote:
that they are!
Lubawski is a fairy and Chuck is a queen

See what I mean! :lol:
Colonel Chariot of Fire

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges