Conquer Club

Conqueror's Cup 2010. Winners Knights of the round table !!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conqueror's Cup!!

Postby Scott-Land on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:46 pm

Looks like lady luck have been on ToFU's side so far... after reading their 'glorious accomplishments' in their inaugural year, still untested imo. Division 2 in CLA and now drawing a cake bracket in the Cup. Not sure how they can possibly think they're deserved of the number one slot *chuckles*. They still haven't played anyone substantial until KoRT-- so I look forward to their first real test. Has it started yet ?
Major Scott-Land

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:06 pm

Scott-Land wrote:Looks like lady luck have been on ToFU's side so far... after reading their 'glorious accomplishments' in their inaugural year, still untested imo. Division 2 in CLA and now drawing a cake bracket in the Cup. Not sure how they can possibly think they're deserved of the number one slot *chuckles*. They still haven't played anyone substantial until KoRT-- so I look forward to their first real test. Has it started yet ?

Games Start on August 22nd
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby Scott-Land on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:32 pm

Thx-- gl to both sides. Should be a fun watch
Major Scott-Land

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:54 pm

Scott-Land wrote:Looks like lady luck have been on ToFU's side so far... after reading their 'glorious accomplishments' in their inaugural year, still untested imo. Division 2 in CLA and now drawing a cake bracket in the Cup. Not sure how they can possibly think they're deserved of the number one slot *chuckles*. They still haven't played anyone substantial until KoRT-- so I look forward to their first real test. Has it started yet ?

Scott - to the best of my knowledge no-one in TOFU has ever said they deserved the #1 slot. In fact we ourselves have made statements to the contrary:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=441&t=112224&start=75#p2617694

You made some interesting observations yourself in that thread. Why the sudden volte-face?

I also don't think 'luck' factors into it. For a clan that only started 12 months ago we naturally had to start with more modest clan challenges and a place in CLA Div.2. We have simply played as much as we could and against the best we could - nothing 'lucky' about that - and have so far recorded a 19-0 stat in every head-to-head that we've faced.

So are we the No.1 clan? No
Are we lucky? No

Thank you for your understanding.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby reptile on Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:35 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:

Scott - to the best of my knowledge no-one in TOFU has ever said they deserved the #1 slot. In fact we ourselves have made statements to the contrary:

You made some interesting observations yourself in that thread. Why the sudden volte-face?

I also don't think 'luck' factors into it. For a clan that only started 12 months ago we naturally had to start with more modest clan challenges and a place in CLA Div.2. We have simply played as much as we could and against the best we could - nothing 'lucky' about that - and have so far recorded a 19-0 stat in every head-to-head that we've faced.

Are we lucky? No

makes complete sence and i agree, i am waiting for you guys to challenge a top 5 clan myself, then a realistic ranking can be made. no doubt about it that you have gained much attention by your wins and more significantly your blowouts rather than close victories. looking very good for you guys though!!!
Captain reptile

Postby Dako on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:46 am

Every clan should start from the bottom and pass all levels of CC hell trials. We are just going our way and we think is the right way to go.
Colonel Dako

Postby khazalid on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:58 pm

"well.... you're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't"

- Bart Simpson
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby Scott-Land on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:04 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:

Are we lucky? No

I think you've taken the luck factor comment completely out of text... although luck does play a very large factor in a dice/ drop based game but if you say no, well then it must be true. I concede to your argument because you're obviously right. You're very unlucky-- better?

I was referring to your draw in the Cup as 'lucky'; of which is completely out of your control- no? Glad that we both agree you're not #1.

btw-- I' don't recall ever saying ToFU isn't a great clan filled with a lot of talent... just one that has been untested. You obviously agree with me or you wouldn't have said we naturally had to start with more modest clan challenges and a place in CLA Div.2. Isn't that what I said ?
Major Scott-Land

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Scott,

Unless you are denigrating the abilities of BFM, Legion and KoRT then I fail to see what is lucky about our side of the draw (a position your own clan would have been in had you entered the tourney). As a non-participant maybe it's not your place to come and start making jibes in the manner you did. Why would you write 'glorious accomplishments' using such syntax unless it was deliberate sarcasm? And why the *chuckles* remark after erroneously stating that we think we're deserving of the No.1 slot, a boast no-one in TOFU has ever made?

btw - I don't ever recall saying that you did say "TOFU isn't a great clan filled with a lot of talent...." so I fail to see why you made that remark at the end.

All I can tell is that you've come on here and made a deliberate slight when all we've ever tried to do is be the best we can and play against the best we can. So far we're doing just fine and I'm happy with both our achievements and the manner in which members of TOFU have conducted themselves.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:52 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Scott,

Unless you are denigrating the abilities of BFM, Legion and KoRT then I fail to see what is lucky about our side of the draw (a position your own clan would have been in had you entered the tourney). As a non-participant maybe it's not your place to come and start making jibes in the manner you did. Why would you write 'glorious accomplishments' using such syntax unless it was deliberate sarcasm? And why the *chuckles* remark after erroneously stating that we think we're deserving of the No.1 slot, a boast no-one in TOFU has ever made?

He means until now you have not played anybody of the "level" you supposedly are. He knows KORT will be a challenge for you guys and this should be the true measuring stick. You are reading far too much into it. BTW of the 4 clans who who has had the easiest road to make it to where they are?

THOTA? L4D then Nemesis?

LoW? O&H then IA?

KORT? G1 then Empire?

TOFU? BFM then Legion?

If I was the betting man I would place toughest to weakest like so. LoW - KORT - THOTA - TOFU. Now lets see how things move forward

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:25 am

Not sure how they can possibly think they're deserved of the number one slot *chuckles*

Reading too much into that am I? Bollocks. It was a snide remark and he knows it.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:35 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:
Not sure how they can possibly think they're deserved of the number one slot *chuckles*

Reading too much into that am I? Bollocks. It was a snide remark and he knows it.

And it was in response to Inca, and the whole 6th ordeal? I have always said let the battle fields do the talking.

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:57 am

How come you're doing the interpretation on someone else's behalf all of a sudden?

End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:15 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:How come you're doing the interpretation on someone else's behalf all of a sudden?

End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

I just really see this as all blown out of context. As said the field will decide. Silly polls and rankings? Who needs them?

Postby Dako on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:37 pm

I like polls and ratings :(.
Colonel Dako

Postby Lubawski on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:55 pm

Dako wrote:I like polls and ratings :(.

I thought you liked poles. Damn homophones.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby danryan on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:49 pm

Lubawski wrote:

That statement is wrong on so many levels. I giggled as I read it. Maybe there's something wrong with me. :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Incandenza on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Lubawski wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHgt7ZZZHOg
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Lubawski on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:36 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:

That's all Scott is good for. Leave it be. I'd say settle it on the battle field too, but he never seems to be out there. Must be because of the "luck" factor. Maybe he can rally the talent in the Monkis to come to his defense and enter into a challenge down the line. I still don't understand how such a great clan lowered their standards and let him in.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Lubawski on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Incandenza wrote:
Lubawski wrote:

That's homonyms (which are two words that are spelled the same but have different meanings). Homophones are two words that sound the same (spelled differently, also different meanings).
Colonel Lubawski

Postby the.killing.44 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:42 pm

Lubawski wrote:
Incandenza wrote:
Lubawski wrote:

That's homonyms (which are two words that are spelled the same but have different meanings). Homophones are two words that sound the same (spelled differently, also different meanings).

Homophones and homonyms are the same things.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Incandenza on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Lubawski wrote:
Incandenza wrote:
Lubawski wrote:

I know, but sadly I couldn't find any catchy songs about homophones... sheesh. :D

Wait, I mean, YOUR MOM'S A HOMOPHONE!
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:02 pm

Lubawski wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:

That's all Scott is good for. Leave it be. I'd say settle it on the battle field too, but he never seems to be out there. Must be because of the "luck" factor. Maybe he can rally the talent in the Monkis to come to his defense and enter into a challenge down the line. I still don't understand how such a great clan lowered their standards and let him in.

Bitter still that he called you out? or should I say Empire? Could it be he is burnt out after all this time? Hell there are many in the clan scene that are burnt out. TSM made the right move and one I would make for KORT. Sure not everybody is going to like what he says all the time but he can flat out play. Anybody who thinks otherwise is just not being realistic.

P.S. Scott had been asked by many clans to join, he held out forever. Finally Laddida broke him down and he joined.

Postby anonymus on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:13 pm

yes and there are plenty of people here who do all they can to make people like them, but flat out cant play..

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Cook anonymus

Postby Lubawski on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:01 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:
Lubawski wrote:
Incandenza wrote:
Lubawski wrote:

Homophones and homonyms are the same things.

No they are not.
Pole and Poll are homophones (they sound the same but are spelled differently--homo means same, phone means sound).
Gay and gay are homonyms (they are spelled and sound the same, but have different meanings).

They are frequently confused, and unless you are an English teacher (like I am), you probably don't care and would just use homonym. Now can I get back to busting Inca's balls and giving Dako my Pole's pole?
Colonel Lubawski

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges