Conquer Club

Conqueror's Cup 2010. Winners Knights of the round table !!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conqueror's Cup!!

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:
jpcloet wrote:
- 2 1v1 matchups (best of 5)
- 12 doubles
- 14 triples
- 12 quads
- Each clan member can only participate in 15 games per clan war
- Each clan will pick the map and settings for exactly half of the games.
- Each map can only be used twice per clan per clan war but can only be used once per game type (i.e. once for triples and once for quads)

Clarification: So that means I can use say Conquerman 8 times then? 5 on singles best of, and once on dubs, trips and quads correct?

No, it can only be used to count as 2 of your games. So you could use it to count for 1v1 (5 games total but only counts as 1) and then quads (or doubles or triples). But only twice total.

I agree with Chuuuuck here and sounds reasonable and fair.
General Blitzaholic

Postby freakns on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Nemesis is in!!

i will be your primary contact, will add second as soon as we find out who is going to help me out with this :)
Brigadier freakns

Postby endar1077 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:
Chuuuuck wrote:
jpcloet wrote:
- 2 1v1 matchups (best of 5)
- 12 doubles
- 14 triples
- 12 quads
- Each clan member can only participate in 15 games per clan war
- Each clan will pick the map and settings for exactly half of the games.
- Each map can only be used twice per clan per clan war but can only be used once per game type (i.e. once for triples and once for quads)

Clarification: So that means I can use say Conquerman 8 times then? 5 on singles best of, and once on dubs, trips and quads correct?

No, it can only be used to count as 2 of your games. So you could use it to count for 1v1 (5 games total but only counts as 1) and then quads (or doubles or triples). But only twice total.

I agree with Chuuuuck here and sounds reasonable and fair.

I think, for the sake of clarity, the 1v1 matchups count as one "game" for the purposes of all the rules (clan member limitations as well as map limitations".
Highest score: Colonel, 2786, #124
Major endar1077

Postby endar1077 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:16 pm

I think that puts us up to 12 spots filled, right? Plus, KORT was a little unclear as to whether they wanted a spot reserved... I think it might be best to assume they wanted one reserved while they discussed it, so that would put us at 13... three spots left...
Highest score: Colonel, 2786, #124
Major endar1077

Postby BoganGod on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:20 pm

I want to see monkeys!!!!
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby freakns on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:21 pm

BoganGod wrote:I want to see monkeys!!!!

leave my zipper alone!
Brigadier freakns

Postby Georgerx7di on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:42 pm

40 games first 2 rounds and 60 games last 2? That's a lot of games man. This thing could easily take 6 months to a year to complete. Might want to consider bringing it down a bit. I don't think we're going to want to play another 60 games against thota after we finish beating them this time.

Speaking for myself only, not on behalf of monki's.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby firstholliday on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:40 games first 2 rounds and 60 games last 2? That's a lot of games man. This thing could easily take 6 months to a year to complete. Might want to consider bringing it down a bit. I don't think we're going to want to play another 60 games against thota after we finish beating them this time.

expect our answer in a couple of days, seems like fun.
Well job organizing.
7 firstholliday 3589 (58%) General 128-2 Netherlands
General firstholliday

Postby danryan on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:40 games first 2 rounds and 60 games last 2? That's a lot of games man. This thing could easily take 6 months to a year to complete. Might want to consider bringing it down a bit. I don't think we're going to want to play another 60 games against thota after we finish beating them this time.

Smack! I love it. It's unlikely you'd play them for the better part of a year as based on current standings you will be 1-2 or close and therefore wouldn't meet until semifinals at the soonest.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby danryan on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:53 pm

O&H secondary contacts will be: Rocketry and brian fletcher
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Georgerx7di on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:13 pm

In addition to what i said above, the 40 games is actually 48 games. It's too many games. Half the clans in this thing won't still exist by the time we get to round 2 or 3. You guys may tire of hosting it, people will have real life issues. I think its too many games. Not real fond of 1v1's either.

Also, what are the rules. Freestyle? Beta maps? Manual? Nuclear spoils? Are all these allowed, I don't know if I missed this on the first thread.

Back to my first point, if you don't lower the game count I think I will vote against monki's playing in this. Of course they might not give a shit what I say, but hay what can you do :lol: Seriously though, I don't want to start something that won't get completed.

ps does anyone know who the f*ck changed my avatar.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby mkcummins on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:In addition to what i said above, the 40 games is actually 48 games. It's too many games. Half the clans in this thing won't still exist by the time we get to round 2 or 3. You guys may tire of hosting it, people will have real life issues. I think its too many games. Not real fond of 1v1's either.

Also, what are the rules. Freestyle? Beta maps? Manual? Nuclear spoils? Are all these allowed, I don't know if I missed this on the first thread.

Back to my first point, if you don't lower the game count I think I will vote against monki's playing in this. Of course they might not give a shit what I say, but hay what can you do :lol: Seriously though, I don't want to start something that won't get completed.

lol, brilliant. i would think since every level of this tourney counts as an official clan challenge, standard rules would apply. are not freestyle and manual, etc. usually prohibidado? ;)
Captain mkcummins

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:23 pm

mkcummins wrote:
Georgerx7di wrote:In addition to what i said above, the 40 games is actually 48 games. It's too many games. Half the clans in this thing won't still exist by the time we get to round 2 or 3. You guys may tire of hosting it, people will have real life issues. I think its too many games. Not real fond of 1v1's either.

lol, brilliant. i would think since every level of this tourney counts as an official clan challenge, standard rules would apply. are not freestyle and manual, etc. usually prohibidado? ;)

Game count will stay as is. If you all think it is too many and do not want to participate, I will understand. It is outlined in the rules that there is no freestyle, manual, beta, nuclear, or speed. I think everyone who enters will still be around for the whole tournament. Most of the well established clans are here and that was the reason a clan needed to have completed 2 clan challenges before being allowed to enter. On top of that, any clan that wouldn't be here in 6 months isn't likely to make it past the first round anyway.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby jpcloet on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:23 pm

- There will be no freestyle, speed, manual deployments, beta maps, or nuclear spoils games allowed

Half the clans are eliminated about 6-8 weeks in. The format is fine. As for clans dying, the clan requirements are such that those clans are proven. I see a dropout scenario highly unlikely. It is a lot of games and organizing this will be challenging, however, most of it is all at once. Not sure if people like a lot all at once or like the league, a moderate amount a moderate amount of the time.
Captain jpcloet

Postby WPBRJ on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:37 pm

looks like fun to bad DYNASTY cant partake in the event no challenges yet :(

i wish you all luck
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:38 pm

List is updated. I added reserved spots for both KORT and TSM. I hope to see both of them wanting to participate!

Everyone remember, even if we get to 16 clans, keep signing up if you want to participate. We may take more. The first 16 to say something are GAURENTEED a spot but that does not mean we will not accept more. As stated previously, there will be play-in games for those ranked at the bottom, not necessarily those that sign up after 16.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Georgerx7di on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:45 pm

Ok, another question. When would it start. I would hope after cla ends, the load between cla, thota and this might be too much for us. Other clans might also want time to finish up their clan challenges.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby Dako on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:47 pm

This one should be furious. Let's see which clan is the best around here (or at least one of the best).
Colonel Dako

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:*EDIT* In each clan challenge thread. A list of players participating for each clan should be kept up along with a running tally of how many games each player has played in. If someone feels a player has violated the number of games they are allowed to participate in, please bring it to my attention. If they are found in violation, that clan will forfeit EVERY game that player has played in that clan challenge for the tournament.

Notice I have edited the Organization section on how we should keep track of players # of games in each challenge.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:Ok, another question. When would it start. I would hope after cla ends, the load between cla, thota and this might be too much for us. Other clans might also want time to finish up their clan challenges.

Tentative start date isn't until beginning of March. I was thinking this would at least give you all time to finish THOTA. Also, if enough clans sign up and we have play-in games, then that will push back the start time for those of us not in play-in games. Although, once it is decided play-in games are needed, those will probably start ASAP so as to not keep everyone waiting too long. But they still can't start too soon because it will take a little bit of time just to get everyones vote in for the pre season rankings.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:02 pm

WPBRJ wrote:looks like fun to bad DYNASTY cant partake in the event no challenges yet :(

i wish you all luck

Get a couple of clan challenges in and we look forward to seeing you all in the next one if this one is successful!!
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby God Emperor Q on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:15 pm

The Eternal Empire is in.
Leader- God Emperor Q
Second Contact- nemrehs1, slowreactor
Last edited by God Emperor Q on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant God Emperor Q

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:15 pm

KORT does not have 2 completed challenges. Anyhow moving past that do these challenges count towards the ladder?

KORT will debate it out, and let you know soon.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Bruceswar wrote:KORT does not have 2 completed challenges. Anyhow moving past that do these challenges count towards the ladder?

KORT will debate it out, and let you know soon.

Yes, these challenges count towards the ladder. KORT will be allowed to enter since they are about to finish their 2nd challenge and have participated in Division 1 of the CLA. (Only purpose of that rule is to ween out unproven clans that I fear will not finish their games)
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby WPBRJ on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:30 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:
WPBRJ wrote:looks like fun to bad DYNASTY cant partake in the event no challenges yet :(

i wish you all luck

Get a couple of clan challenges in and we look forward to seeing you all in the next one if this one is successful!!

ya right we will be there next time maybe we challenged a clan a week and a half ago there still debating it lol

we also have been open for challenges for 2 week now nothing yet maybe all the lower ranks are scared of us heheheheeh
i wont wast my time challenging top clans until we have payed our dues.

i guess it takes time
Lieutenant WPBRJ

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges