Conquer Club

Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Dako on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:46 am

reptile wrote:tofu may be unproven in the cla (though just in the cla they have the best overall record and there was no doubt they would not destroy div 2)... but even away from the cla, they have not lost a challenge, come close to it, or given ANY other clan a chance. Everyone knows that Tofu is a top 3 overall clan and with thota not participating makes it a little unfair for div A. We will play no matter what, i'm just looking forward to the day these random ranking and such dont put us in the toughest division... was hoping this would be the first year since we were ranked 1 and there were 4 divisions... but i guess no?!

I like tough battles. Make you prove your skill. Victory feels awesome, loss is not so devastating.
Colonel Dako

Postby jpcloet on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:46 am

I like how we quickly forget that THOTA and TSM were general consensus to be the finalists last season, yet neither made the playoffs. I suspect the same could happen this year and is a great reason to play the games as you never know what could happen. This format may work better for other clans. Gen1 is a great tournament team and I have them as one of my wild cards this year if not every year.

My goal is to finalize the schedules by this Saturday, which means the league may end up starting around Oct 12th or so.
Captain jpcloet

Postby Qwert on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:06 am

by danryan on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:37 pm

I'll be a contrarian and say that all the divisions look really good. TOFU and LOW together should make for a compelling storyline all season. Each of the other divisions has at least one heavyweight - Division D has 2 in TSM and KORT. I think it'll be a great season, looking forward to a lot of good games.

dont forget L4D,they can make supprise ;)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby skillfull on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:08 am

Playing in CLA is a challenge for every player. Monkis looking forward for this...
Divisions look interesting
Brigadier skillfull

Postby jpcloet on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:34 am

jakewilliams wrote:So after all this, the only team not playing from Season 2 Div A is THOTA and Div B is LOTZ. A shame the "#1" clan on the site is unwilling to play in the only official clan league on the site.

I'll have to check but DD, O&H, EE, DVLL and BFM are some others, I think there were 5-7 in total, I can check at home.
Captain jpcloet

Postby FarangDemon on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:51 am

khazalid wrote:face it underlings: we are your sysiphan rock.

I think you mistook this thread for your pony boy circle-jerk thread. This, on the other hand, is a thread for competitive clans.
Click image to enlarge.

"He came dancin across the water.... FarangDemon, FarangDemon.... mmmhh....what a killer..."
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:16 am

FarangDemon wrote:
khazalid wrote:face it underlings: we are your sysiphan rock.

I think you mistook this thread for your pony boy circle-jerk thread. This, on the other hand, is a thread for competitive clans.

SWAH

pss khaz you must now recognize
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby khazalid on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:26 pm

maybe the best would be make seedings by reputation, not by results, so THOTA can always and forever be 1t seed, dont you think so?

you missed the call.

try farming a sense of humour, ya knob.

LV - consider that a recognition.
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby Leehar on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:51 pm

jpcloet wrote:
jakewilliams wrote:So after all this, the only team not playing from Season 2 Div A is THOTA and Div B is LOTZ. A shame the "#1" clan on the site is unwilling to play in the only official clan league on the site.

I'll have to check but DD, O&H, EE, DVLL and BFM are some others, I think there were 5-7 in total, I can check at home.

Thats actually quite interesting. O&H and DD not participating is kinda obvious, and I think I can kinda understand why EE aren't playing, but what are the excuses for the dutch raiders and marauding pirates? (bfm not participating is pretty surprising)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:13 pm

reptile wrote:tofu may be unproven in the cla (though just in the cla they have the best overall record and there was no doubt they would not destroy div 2)... but even away from the cla, they have not lost a challenge, come close to it, or given ANY other clan a chance. Everyone knows that Tofu is a top 3 overall clan and with thota not participating makes it a little unfair for div A. We will play no matter what, i'm just looking forward to the day these random ranking and such dont put us in the toughest division... was hoping this would be the first year since we were ranked 1 and there were 4 divisions... but i guess no?!

Ugh sure all that is great, until they ran into the herd... they are in for a tough battle!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby reptile on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Bruceswar wrote:

Ugh sure all that is great, until they ran into the herd... they are in for a tough battle!

Yah, that is true i have been watching the thread quite a bit and some of the games. GL guys!
Captain reptile

Postby andy_is_awesome on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:59 pm

andy_is_awesome wrote:Agents of Chaos (AoC)

First Contact: andy_is_awesome
Second Contact: Namor

Change in plans

First Contact: Eyestone
Second Contact: Namor
Major andy_is_awesome

Postby Eyestone on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:35 pm

From the setup it looks as all clans are playing home and away every active week. Why is this so? Are we trying to finish the league before new years?

Another thing: You mentioned in the recent PM that you and Masli will make games at a certain date. So you are not depending on a person with clan privilege to make the games?
General Eyestone

Postby jpcloet on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:46 pm

The league was compacted slightly and should finish in early January to then start playoffs. The playoffs and the CCUP2 will overlap again to some degree. I am also looking for some clan tournament innovation next year to happen early spring and summer.

After talking to the TD's, it was not appropriate to give 24 players from 24 clans the game creation privileges. There were other option, however, Season 1, I spent more time chasing people down to make and deliver the games on time. We cannot enforce the map rule and the deadlines if we do that. Season 2 Marval and I made all the games, and this year Masli and I will make most/all of the games. We are looking for some backup game creators for the league, and would prefer a fairly experienced TO.
Captain jpcloet

Postby AgentSmith88 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:08 pm

Leehar wrote:
jpcloet wrote:

Thats actually quite interesting. O&H and DD not participating is kinda obvious, and I think I can kinda understand why EE aren't playing, but what are the excuses for the dutch raiders and marauding pirates? (bfm not participating is pretty surprising)

O&H and DD disbanded, EE went social and has nobody left in it but IR and MrMoody (RIP), and DVLL has lost a lot of members and thought about going social. They are sort of in flux. BFM are the only ones that are still for sure a competitive clan and decided not to do the season.
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby amazzony on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:30 am

It was mentioned in your PM that "if you have Excel and use it, the tool I created last year (and updated) is very useful to us both." Where can I get the useful tool? I wasn't contact last year for the League.

Edit. Nevermind, didn't notice the individual topics for every division :oops:
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby TheMissionary on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:50 pm

Ok, I'm still slightly confused about game due dates. When exactly are they due? I know the 2 weeks before games are to be made bit, but when exactly are the games going to be made? Is it the date listed in the schedules?
loutil wrote:PLEASE call him MISH and not Miss.
There is no miss ionary position. There is the mish ionary position. 8-)

https://buttonbashgamers.com/
Captain TheMissionary

Postby waseemalim on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Please explain:

Given that a clan will only be making 45 home games and that there are over 150 maps available, plus considering some element of home advantage, no map can be chosen more than twice during the regular season and in addition, no repeats in your 9 home sets. Maps will reset at the beginning of the playoffs, and can be chosen for a 3rd time in the playoffs, but then not again.

-- we can choose one map twice during the regular season. However, we cannot use the same map twice against the same clan? IE we cant put up 2 waterloo games versus TIME?

-- in the playoffs, the maps are reset. Plus, we have one extra. So that means we can choose the maps three times? So say, we have used waterloo twice. Can we put 3 waterloo games versus KORT, if we face them in playoffs? Or, say we face KORT-BPB-TOFU in playoff can we use waterloo once against each?
Life is what happens while you are busy playing Conquer Club.
Brigadier waseemalim

Postby jpcloet on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:29 pm

TheMissionary wrote:Ok, I'm still slightly confused about game due dates. When exactly are they due? I know the 2 weeks before games are to be made bit, but when exactly are the games going to be made? Is it the date listed in the schedules?

The dates are listed in the schedules and you are looking for the "Start" Date.
Captain jpcloet

Postby jpcloet on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:32 pm

waseemalim wrote:Please explain:

-- we can choose one map twice during the regular season. However, we cannot use the same map twice against the same clan? IE we cant put up 2 waterloo games versus TIME?

-- in the playoffs, the maps are reset. Plus, we have one extra. So that means we can choose the maps three times? So say, we have used waterloo twice. Can we put 3 waterloo games versus KORT, if we face them in playoffs? Or, say we face KORT-BPB-TOFU in playoff can we use waterloo once against each?

Very similar to Season 2 both of these:

1. You cannont use Waterloo twice against TIME, correct.

2. You can ue a map for a third time in the playoffs. So if you did not use a map in the season, you could use it 3 times in the playoffs, but still not twice in one week. The wording could probably be a little bit better.
Captain jpcloet

Postby jpcloet on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:36 pm

You'll notice a distinct pattern as you play every other week.

Eg you order games for 2 weeks in advance. 2 weeks later, game for the following 2 weeks are due, plus once you make that deadline, you will be filling the games you ordered 2 weeks ago.

An example although your week numbers may be 1 more than this depending on division.
Week -1 (order Week 1 games)
Week 0 - nothing
Week 2 (order due for Week 4 games)
Week 2 - fill games for Week 2
Week 3 wait
Week 4 (order due for Week 6 games)
Week 4 - fill games for Week 4
etc. etc.
Captain jpcloet

Postby waseemalim on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:39 pm

The playoffs here are a lot longer. You should allow us to use the map for at least a 4th time.

edit: or at least a 4time if we reach the finals.
Life is what happens while you are busy playing Conquer Club.
Brigadier waseemalim

Postby Namor on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:47 pm

jpcloet wrote:
waseemalim wrote:Please explain:

Very similar to Season 2 both of these:

1. You cannont use Waterloo twice against TIME, correct.

2. You can ue a map for a third time in the playoffs. So if you did not use a map in the season, you could use it 3 times in the playoffs, but still not twice in one week. The wording could probably be a little bit better.

It certainly could be a bit clearer.

I read it as; if you've used a map twice in the season, "Maps will reset (back to zero) at the beginning of the playoffs, and can be chosen for a 3rd time in the playoffs". So the map is reset (even if it's been used twice already), meaning it can be used 3 times during the playoffs, once in each playoff round.

Having read the last few posts, I NOW take it to mean; our list of used maps is carried forward to the playoffs, but the limit is increased from 2 to 3 uses.
Colonel Namor

Postby jpcloet on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:48 pm

waseemalim wrote:The playoffs here are a lot longer. You should allow us to use the map for at least a 4th time.

edit: or at least a 4time if we reach the finals.

Had thought about it, however, setting a 30 map repeat level in general.

So reg season 45 game (9*5) plus playoffs 27 (9*3) is 72 maps. 72/30 is 2.33. So a 4th time should not be needed.

However, if you have a size argument around not enough good quads maps or something like that, then maybe we can look at that.
Captain jpcloet

Postby jpcloet on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:49 pm

reset is a bad choice of word, I have corrected the first post so that maps can be chosen for a 3rd time in the playoffs.
Captain jpcloet

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges