Conquer Club

Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby danryan on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:09 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Is there a rule that says TOFU can only start in 5 out of the 18 games? :-(

That's the rule we requested for Season 2!!! We could have used that one. :D
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby jpcloet on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:51 pm

WPBRJ wrote:is there a 12 hour rule in the league for fog games?

NO

Home clans are asked to fill the games within 3 days and Away clans are asked to join within 4 days once the home team has joined first.

Home team takes the risk on fog if they choose they want to take that risk.
Captain jpcloet

Postby chemefreak on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:17 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Is there a rule that says TOFU can only start in 5 out of the 18 games? :-(

What a whiny little brat! I almost didn't notice this...perhaps this is what your clan gets for being scared to join games...even its own home games? Hehe...WOO GOO!!!
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:11 am

Are you talking about the games that you were adamant you sent me and were in fact sitting in your Drafts folder for a week? ;)

No whining here - just making a poignant observation that it was pretty crappy luck on our part that you guys got to start in 13 of the 18 games. I thought you might have been a bit more magnanimous and said "Yeah, we got lucky there" but alas, no.

Notice I didn't whine either about you giving us a different set of games than those posted in the order thread (since edited by you).

So really I'm a fair man - far from a 'whiny little brat'. Thanks for that!
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Gold Knight on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:01 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Are you talking about the games that you were adamant you sent me and were in fact sitting in your Drafts folder for a week? ;)

No whining here - just making a poignant observation that it was pretty crappy luck on our part that you guys got to start in 13 of the 18 games. I thought you might have been a bit more magnanimous and said "Yeah, we got lucky there" but alas, no.

Notice I didn't whine either about you giving us a different set of games than those posted in the order thread (since edited by you).

Do you ever stop complaining?!?!?!? :lol:
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby pmchugh on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:05 am

Gold Knight wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:Are you talking about the games that you were adamant you sent me and were in fact sitting in your Drafts folder for a week? ;)

:lol: No offense CoF but why would you even count that?
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:20 pm

Count what, the game starts? Makes a big difference, esp in the types of game that Legion favour (a lot of conquest style maps, along with some where immediate bonuses kick in and one can deprive the oppo of theirs). Of their 9 home games we got to start in 1 - that's when I noticed. I'm not moaning about it though, in fact I was making a joke about it. It can't be helped and it's nobody's fault.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Gold Knight on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:Count what, the game starts? Makes a big difference, esp in the types of game that Legion favour (a lot of conquest style maps, along with some where immediate bonuses kick in and one can deprive the oppo of theirs). Of their 9 home games we got to start in 1 - that's when I noticed. I'm not moaning about it though, in fact I was making a joke about it. It can't be helped and it's nobody's fault.

Blame JP, that's what everyone else does. Ya know, its probably due to his shitty ladders and his quest to standardize clan events. What a prick... :mrgreen: Just joking JP, we all love your shitty ladders. :lol:
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:18 pm

pmchugh wrote:
Gold Knight wrote:

:lol: No offense CoF but why would you even count that?

Haha, are you kidding?
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby chemefreak on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:06 am

I hope you know I'm just teasing you, Si. This set is showing just how much drop and turn order can influence a few games here and there. (Oh, and yes, we got a bit lucky with the turn order.) Hell, it looks like we are going to win your home games, and you are going to win ours...overall record should be close...always a challenge and a pleasure to play TOFU, that is for sure. As for the pm, I apologized for that and the game making, if it were that big of deal (i did it on accident...we didn't want to throw a PR at you) I am allowed under the rules to remake the game...anyway, who wants to play two CM in the same challenge anyway? Lates.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:34 am

No worries mate. I thought you were accusing me of moaning when in fact I never said a word about it. I only posted the stat here in jest.

And yes...it's gonna be close. Either 9-9 or 10-8 (either way) by my calculations.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Masli on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:30 am

Hello all,

just a reminder for everybody of 1 of the rules this year :

In each challenge week of 18 games, a minimum of 10 players must be used, and one player cannot play more than 6 games.

we already had to punish 1 clan for using a player for more then 6 times in 1 week !
Colonel Masli

Postby Qwert on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:39 am

masli who its that?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jpcloet on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:42 pm

No need to point out who it was, but I will tell you that a player was in 8 games in a single week. Masli's post is simply a reminder of the rules.
Captain jpcloet

Postby Qwert on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:05 pm

what its penalty?
Its play 8 games,and how will you decide what two game need to be declare loss?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jpcloet on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:09 pm

We chose the last 2 games started by the clock.
Captain jpcloet

Postby danryan on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:12 pm

[-o< :-k :-^ I went back through my games to double check. Whew it wasn't me. :D
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby jpcloet on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:33 pm

Both the home team and away team were contacted.

On a side note, there are quite a few Week 3 games in Div A that need to be filled.
Captain jpcloet

Postby chemefreak on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:46 pm

[quote="jpcloet"On a side note, there are quite a few Week 3 games in Div A that need to be filled.[/quote]

Here's looking at you LoW ;)
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby jpcloet on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:08 am

jpcloet wrote:Both the home team and away team were contacted.

We had another violation recently, both teams were contacted and 2 default wins were issued.

Please be more careful in distributing games. The max games in any 18 game play week is 6 games per player.
Captain jpcloet

Postby amazzony on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:32 am

What happens if clan won't fill their home games in the given 3 days?
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby jpcloet on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:08 pm

The CD's will send reminders. Unless there is a major issue, we're trying not to default games.
Captain jpcloet

Postby Timminz on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:29 am

What is the Clan League's official stance on intentional deadbeating?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=131924&view=unread#unread

One of the biggest reasons to play with a clan, in competitions such as this, is to play high-quality games, against high-quality opponents. When I see people doing stuff like this, it irks me. I have lost pretty much any respect I might have had for the Grim Reapers, and while I can't speak for my entire clan, I can say with certainty that I will never participate in another challenge against them, and I will actively encourage the rest of Generation One to say the same, if the question ever arises.

And all to win a game that will be negligible to the standings.
Captain Timminz

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:23 pm

Do you really think that was an intentional deadbeat (serious question, as I've never actually witnessed one before)? Seems a bloody funny way of going about winning a game, missing 3 consecutive turns (and the 3 extra cards that would have given him a trade by now) and giving green 53 terrs when one only needs 36 to receive the maximum allowable deploy (excluding bonuses). Sure I can see the advantage that green suddenly has now, but with 3 missed turns having gone by (on Hive) I thought you'd have creamed them by now. How many cards was red holding?

There is the possibility someone was sitting his account but only playing turns in the games he was involved in with Moop - that often happens. Or maybe the sitter entered the Hive game, took one look at the map and vomited on his keyboard.

It is a seriously cheap tactic if it was done deliberately, but given the amount of cards that must have been in red and green's hands individually it seems both very risky and very unnecessary.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby eddie2 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:22 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:Do you really think that was an intentional deadbeat (serious question, as I've never actually witnessed one before)? Seems a bloody funny way of going about winning a game, missing 3 consecutive turns (and the 3 extra cards that would have given him a trade by now) and giving green 53 terrs when one only needs 36 to receive the maximum allowable deploy (excluding bonuses). Sure I can see the advantage that green suddenly has now, but with 3 missed turns having gone by (on Hive) I thought you'd have creamed them by now. How many cards was red holding?

There is the possibility someone was sitting his account but only playing turns in the games he was involved in with Moop - that often happens. Or maybe the sitter entered the Hive game, took one look at the map and vomited on his keyboard.

It is a seriously cheap tactic if it was done deliberately, but given the amount of cards that must have been in red and green's hands individually it seems both very risky and very unnecessary.

It can make all the difference on Hive especially fog because you cannot see the players terts. also since the main strat on this map is to lower deploy you can gain a big advantage by having 2 cashes. in one shot.
Lieutenant eddie2

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges