Conquer Club

[CC2] 2nd Annual Conqueror's Cup!!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 2nd Annual Conqueror's Cup!!

Postby Lubawski on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:43 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:Yes, jp, I will clarify about home teams being joined first. I also will try to have the power rankings up ASAP. Just haven't had time to combine them as of late.

Those power rankings are really old Chuck. I submitted mine over 4 months ago. A lot has happened since then. Do you think it is possible to have all clan leaders who are participating in the Cup submit power rankings (only for those involved) when sign-ups close. If we could get a one or two day turn around I think it would be possible.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Dako on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:52 pm

TOFU is in.

Primary - Dako
Secondary - Chariot of FIre
Colonel Dako

Postby Chuuuuck on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:36 pm

I asked for the votes half way through December and still received some around the new year. They aren't that old. You really want to do them again?
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Lubawski on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:47 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:I asked for the votes half way through December and still received some around the new year. They aren't that old. You really want to do them again?

For selfish reasons, yes. I think we are higher standing now than we were before the clan season ended. Same with both Myth and Devil's Brigade. Other clans, who I know I ranked pretty high turned out to be pretty poor in the league (and recent challenges since then). I just think things should be current. Some of the clans in here I don't even think were created at the time, but have shown up in challenges since and are looking either pretty good (better than a new clan--like TFFS) or pretty poor. I just think we should have fairly accurate (and recent) rankings to go by. You asked for them before December I think. I swear I answered those in November. If not, time is going really slow.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:31 pm

Personally Seeding means jack shit. As long as you are not in the play in group then all is OK. If you are on the edge of the play in / in then you will also be OK as some clans are likely not to be playing again. Past that seeds mean nothing.. If you are good enough you will be able to take on anybody and do well. Remember you guys were the 4th seed(bumped to 3rd due to TSM sitting out) I am sure everybody will be seeded close to where they need to be. If not just win and things will take care of themselves.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby Commander9 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm rather excited about participating in this. Best of luck to all the clans in this great even and can't wait to face at least some of you in the battlefield.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:08 am

Question.....

You have stipulated that games sent must already have been created. This makes it very easy via Game Finder to check what games your opponents have created. The only way to avoid this (and retain that rule) is to create one's games at the very last minute, which unfortunately will only serve to encourage unnecessary delays.

If you wish to adhere to this rule of games having to be created then the deadline should stipulate what time you are working to (e.g. midnight EST, GMT, etc) and not simply a date.

The alternative is to abolish this rule and replace it with a system whereby each clan PMs the game details to the TO who, upon receipt of a PM from each clan, instructs the two parties to create the games in accordance with the details submitted.

Cheers, and looking forward to a much fairer tournament this time round.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Lubawski on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:33 am

Bruceswar wrote:Personally Seeding means jack shit. As long as you are not in the play in group then all is OK. If you are on the edge of the play in / in then you will also be OK as some clans are likely not to be playing again. Past that seeds mean nothing.. If you are good enough you will be able to take on anybody and do well. Remember you guys were the 4th seed(bumped to 3rd due to TSM sitting out) I am sure everybody will be seeded close to where they need to be. If not just win and things will take care of themselves.

I disagree. I don't think it will make all that much difference to the perennial favorites, but to clans who really gained ground (in my opinion) like Myth, DB, AoC it does matter. While others who I know I rated above those three have really tanked since then. It will make a pretty big difference whether someone is rated between the 7-11 rather than the 15+
Colonel Lubawski

Postby jpcloet on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:44 am

Lubawski wrote:I disagree. I don't think it will make all that much difference to the perennial favorites, but to clans who really gained ground (in my opinion) like Myth, DB, AoC it does matter. While others who I know I rated above those three have really tanked since then. It will make a pretty big difference whether someone is rated between the 7-11 rather than the 15+

Agreed, it may even extend to 7-20+ depending on how many sign up and the final structure of the bracket.
Captain jpcloet

Postby Qwert on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:53 am

L4D in 21 place- hmm, its look that results not mean nothing, these is realy to much subjective way of determine ranking.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby pearljamrox2 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:41 am

Dynasty is in.

primary contact: pearljamrox2
second contact: WPBRJ
Major pearljamrox2

Postby TheSaxlad on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:10 am

T4C are in,

Primary Contact: Tokle
Secondary Contact: TheSaxlad
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby TheSaxlad on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:16 am

also on the subjects of rankings, t4c arent even in the july rankings as we were set up some time in August. I know we will be close to the bottom if not at the bottom of the rankings, but it still makes sense to give us a chance to escape the play in rounds rather than condemn us straight away...
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:38 pm

Lubawski wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:Personally Seeding means jack shit. As long as you are not in the play in group then all is OK. If you are on the edge of the play in / in then you will also be OK as some clans are likely not to be playing again. Past that seeds mean nothing.. If you are good enough you will be able to take on anybody and do well. Remember you guys were the 4th seed(bumped to 3rd due to TSM sitting out) I am sure everybody will be seeded close to where they need to be. If not just win and things will take care of themselves.

I disagree. I don't think it will make all that much difference to the perennial favorites, but to clans who really gained ground (in my opinion) like Myth, DB, AoC it does matter. While others who I know I rated above those three have really tanked since then. It will make a pretty big difference whether someone is rated between the 7-11 rather than the 15+

This reminds me of the age old talk of NCAA March Madness... The whole idea is to win right? As long as you make the dance anything is possible.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:47 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Lubawski wrote:

This reminds me of the age old talk of NCAA March Madness... The whole idea is to win right? As long as you make the dance anything is possible.

That's not a valid comparison in the least, seeing how we're not playing 1 game.

But I see no reason to redo the rankings if we're using ones that areā€”egadsā€”just over one whole month old! Hell, you guys (Empire) were ranked #3, if you want a measure of their usefullness.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Chuuuuck on Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:34 pm

I am working on compiling the new ones. I don't think there will be a new vote, the intent was always to use these and they won't change much from the votes that were 1 month ago. And it is asking a lot of work from a lot of different people.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby maasman on Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Nemesis is in of course
primary contact: maasman
secondary contact: cpurcelll
Colonel maasman

Postby Emmdizzle on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:59 pm

A Fistful of Sixes is in

Primary Contact jackin_u_up
Secondary contact Emmdizzle
Last edited by Emmdizzle on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Emmdizzle

Postby ljex on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:57 am

Emmdizzle wrote:A Fistful of Sixes is in

Primary Contact jackin-u-up

jackin-u-up does not exist
Captain ljex

Postby LFAW on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:52 am

Lieutenant LFAW

Postby jigger1986 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:32 am

Grim Reapers are in
Primary jigger1986
Secondary shoop76
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby Eyestone on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:29 pm

ljex wrote:
Emmdizzle wrote:A Fistful of Sixes is in

Primary Contact jackin-u-up

jackin-u-up does not exist

This is all too easy. Can't you see he's just jackin' u up? 8-)
General Eyestone

Postby Lubawski on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:41 pm

There are a lot of first timers in this. It's going to be exciting.

Bruce, comment after you join about how it should/should not be run. <wink, wink, nudge, nudge>
Colonel Lubawski

Postby peanutsdad on Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:14 pm

Well Mythology is in. moving up in ranking is nice, it our goal in mythology to be one of the top clans. I think we showed in the league that we've improved, but we can always improve more. Another good showing would help solidify that though, so bring it on. Good Luck all ;-)

Primary: MTIceman41
Secondary: Peanutsdad
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Postby TheMissionary on Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:30 pm

Memento Mori is in.

Primary: TheMissionary
Secondary: billy07
loutil wrote:PLEASE call him MISH and not Miss.
There is no miss ionary position. There is the mish ionary position. 8-)

https://buttonbashgamers.com/
Captain TheMissionary

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges