Conquer Club

[RST] - Pirates Win!!!!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan Directors' Random Suicide Tournament (9/16) Sign u

Postby merch313 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:01 pm

chemefreak wrote:
Lubawski wrote:Cheme, I know it would be more work, but I liked the suggestion that everyone plays a certain amount of rounds. I think single elimination is still ideal for the winner because, as you said, it shows clan depth. However, I think it would suck to lose in the first or second round and then have either 12 or 8 of the people who were geared up for this thing not be able to participate.

i.e. Winners bracket continues up to championship. From the 8 who won the first round, the four to lose in the second round play each other. The two losers of that face off for 7th/8th place. The two winners face off for 5th/6th place. They have had 16 people contribute. Those in the semis who win face each other for 1st/2nd. Those in the semis who lose face each other for 3rd/4th place. They each have had 16 players contribute.

When a clan loses, they then play for their place. ie. the first 8 teams to lose are squared off. The four losers of those then face each other (followed by the two second time losers and two winners). You now have your 13-16th place teams) and each of those teams has had 16 players contribute during the tournament. Of the four teams who lost their first round, but won their second match-up, the two who lose play for 11th/12th place, and the two who won play for 9/10th. Those have also had 16 players contribute.

I'm sure this is a lot more work on your end hosting this, but at least it gives a true showing of all 16 teams depth allowing all teams to have 16 different players contribute.

Sure. You and Bones both suggested this so we can do it. Oh, and btw, "a lot more work" is an understatement! Now let's get this thing filled.

Cheme if you need any help if you make this thing bigger next time hit me up.
Major merch313

Postby Lindax on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:06 pm

chemefreak wrote:
Lubawski wrote:Cheme, I know it would be more work, but I liked the suggestion that everyone plays a certain amount of rounds. I think single elimination is still ideal for the winner because, as you said, it shows clan depth. However, I think it would suck to lose in the first or second round and then have either 12 or 8 of the people who were geared up for this thing not be able to participate.

i.e. Winners bracket continues up to championship. From the 8 who won the first round, the four to lose in the second round play each other. The two losers of that face off for 7th/8th place. The two winners face off for 5th/6th place. They have had 16 people contribute. Those in the semis who win face each other for 1st/2nd. Those in the semis who lose face each other for 3rd/4th place. They each have had 16 players contribute.

When a clan loses, they then play for their place. ie. the first 8 teams to lose are squared off. The four losers of those then face each other (followed by the two second time losers and two winners). You now have your 13-16th place teams) and each of those teams has had 16 players contribute during the tournament. Of the four teams who lost their first round, but won their second match-up, the two who lose play for 11th/12th place, and the two who won play for 9/10th. Those have also had 16 players contribute.

I'm sure this is a lot more work on your end hosting this, but at least it gives a true showing of all 16 teams depth allowing all teams to have 16 different players contribute.

Sure. You and Bones both suggested this so we can do it. Oh, and btw, "a lot more work" is an understatement! Now let's get this thing filled.

Mmmm.... Now you'll have to remove "suicide" from the title. Also, implementing this, takes away from the originality of your idea.... Yes, you guessed right, I don't like it. It was so nice and simple....

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Clan Directors' Random Suicide Tournament (10/16) Sign

Postby Emmdizzle on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:09 pm

AFoS is in...contact Emmdizzle
Brigadier Emmdizzle

Postby chemefreak on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Lindax wrote:
Mmmm.... Now you'll have to remove "suicide" from the title. Also, implementing this, takes away from the originality of your idea.... Yes, you guessed right, I don't like it. It was so nice and simple....

Lx

No, it is still a suicide tournament. Even though all clans will play in 4 rounds, they will not be able to use a player more than once. The main bracket (the primary concept) will remain unaffected (this is not a double elimination tournament). I just originally didn't think anyone would want to play for 15th place....apparently I was wrong ;)
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Re: Clan Directors' Random Suicide Tournament (11/16) Sign

Postby Bones2484 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Glad to hear it's been expanded :)
Major Bones2484

Postby Lubawski on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:31 pm

chemefreak wrote:Sure. You and Bones both suggested this so we can do it. Oh, and btw, "a lot more work" is an understatement! Now let's get this thing filled.

:lol: I think that should be the litmus test from here on out. If Bones and I agree, something must be a good idea.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby chemefreak on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:33 pm

Lubawski wrote:
chemefreak wrote:Sure. You and Bones both suggested this so we can do it. Oh, and btw, "a lot more work" is an understatement! Now let's get this thing filled.

:lol: I think that should be the litmus test from here on out. If Bones and I agree, something must be a good idea.

God help us all! ;) :lol:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby General Brock II on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:15 pm

I like it. Count the Regiment in. Now, do I understand correctly that I select what four players we can use per round? Do you need the list beforehand, or just as the tourney progresses?

We shall fight in France. We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight, with growing confidence and strength in the air. ~ Winston Churchill
Captain General Brock II

Postby chemefreak on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:18 pm

General Brock II wrote:I like it. Count the Regiment in. Now, do I understand correctly that I select what four players we can use per round? Do you need the list beforehand, or just as the tourney progresses?

As the tourney progresses. I will request your 4 when I need them. Thanks.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Re: Clan Directors' Random Suicide Tournament (12/16) Sign

Postby billclinton13 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:53 pm

Count the Risk Attackers in please
Sergeant 1st Class billclinton13

Postby shocked439 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Myth would like in please

Primary Contact will be woopintroysbutt
Sergeant shocked439

Postby 4 U 2 NV on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:06 pm

are you sending all 9 games out at once?
Major 4 U 2 NV

Postby chemefreak on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:13 pm

4 U 2 NV wrote:are you sending all 9 games out at once?

Yes. All 11 games will be played at the same time. I know it is not very freemium friendly. But clans are predominantly premium anyway.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby 4 U 2 NV on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:19 pm

chemefreak wrote:
4 U 2 NV wrote:are you sending all 9 games out at once?

Yes. All 11 games will be played at the same time. I know it is not very freemium friendly. But clans are predominantly premium anyway.

understood. just trying to figure out game loads here. ;)
Major 4 U 2 NV

Re: Clan Directors' Random Suicide Tournament (14/16) Sign

Postby Gold Knight on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Count AOD in, make jpcloet the primary contact for now because im too lazy. :D
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Lindax on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:33 pm

chemefreak wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

No, it is still a suicide tournament. Even though all clans will play in 4 rounds, they will not be able to use a player more than once. The main bracket (the primary concept) will remain unaffected (this is not a double elimination tournament). I just originally didn't think anyone would want to play for 15th place....apparently I was wrong ;)

I don't wanna play for 15th place. If you want a complete ranking you need to play a round robin IMHO.

Lubawski wrote: :lol: I think that should be the litmus test from here on out. If Bones and I agree, something must be a good idea.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lx
Last edited by Lindax on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Clan Directors' Random Suicide Tournament (15/16) Sign

Postby chemefreak on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Which clan wants the last spot?
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby jetsetwilly on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:24 am

AOC are in.
Last edited by jetsetwilly on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain jetsetwilly

Postby Leehar on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:49 am

Nemesis are in.

I'm sure they're can still be a need for reserves tho
show
Colonel Leehar

Re: Clan Directors' Random Suicide Tournament (Full) Sign u

Postby chemefreak on Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:32 am

Okay. AoC is in. Nemesis is #17 so they are not at this point. However, I have pm'd a few clans to make sure they are prepared for this commitment. Once they are/are not confirmed we can get this thing going.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Re: Clan Directors' Random Suicide Tournament (Full)

Postby Leehar on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Lol, we got pushed behind the agents edit
show
Colonel Leehar

Re: Clan Directors' Random Suicide Tournament (Full)

Postby chemefreak on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Leehar wrote:Lol, we got pushed behind the agents edit

Sorry Nemesis! A pm has been sent to all clan contacts. First set of players due to me by Thursday at noon EST.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Re: Clan Directors' Random Suicide Tournament (Full) - Setup

Postby peanutsdad on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:44 pm

On behalf of Mythology, good luck to all the clans in this one, Chem, thanks for putting this on, should be lots of fun, a true test of depth in a clan, i like it.
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Postby Frederik Hendrik on Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:27 am

Lindax wrote:
chemefreak wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

I don't wanna play for 15th place. If you want a complete ranking you need to play a round robin IMHO.

Lubawski wrote: :lol: I think that should be the litmus test from here on out. If Bones and I agree, something must be a good idea.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lx

I agree with Lindax. We don't want to play for 15th place either. I liked the original concept better. Why play if you can't win anymore? It feels like playing those last games to finish an already decided clanwar. No fun IMO.

FH
Lieutenant Frederik Hendrik

Re: Clan Directors' Random Suicide Tournament (Full) - Setup

Postby Bones2484 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:59 am

if you don't want to play, then tell Cheme you want to forfeit future matches once you lose. No one is forcing you to keep going. And those of us who find enjoyment in actually playing games in a competition even when it doesn't mean a shiny medal can keep playing.
Major Bones2484

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges