Conquer Club

[CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- TOFU wins!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC3] Third Annual Conqueror's Cup!- Moved 2 Main Clan F

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Rodion wrote:I like the Cup Tied rule. It can avoid major shenanigans such as clans "merging" just so eliminated players can have a 2nd shot.

I do agree with this. It is why the rule was originally there. We haven't had any real trouble with it though, and then the rule has only affected legitimate players who have switched clans and required them to sit out with their new clan for 6-9 months.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Crazyirishman on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:
Rodion wrote:I like the Cup Tied rule. It can avoid major shenanigans such as clans "merging" just so eliminated players can have a 2nd shot.

I do agree with this. It is why the rule was originally there. We haven't had any real trouble with it though, and then the rule has only affected legitimate players who have switched clans and required them to sit out with their new clan for 6-9 months.

Maybe put some sort of veto thing in to where if the community thinks a clan is getting a mass influx of players from others clans to help themselves out they would not be allowed to use them.
Captain Crazyirishman

Re: [CC3] Third Annual Conqueror's Cup! - Sign Up Now!!!

Postby Rodion on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Make it so that they are cup tied, but if they do join another clan they can be allowed to play as long as the opposing clan accepts it (and everytime they win and move forward they'll have to get permission from their next opponent).
General Rodion

Postby chemefreak on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Rodion wrote:Make it so that they are cup tied, but if they do join another clan they can be allowed to play as long as the opposing clan accepts it (and everytime they win and move forward they'll have to get permission from their next opponent).

The CDs would prefer that "cup tied" be the rule. We don't want clans to have to be the "bad guy" for enforcing the rule. So everyone better get in the clan they want to be in...soon!
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Keefie on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:49 pm

The cup tied rule must stay.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby deantursx on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:20 am

Manifest Destiny is in

Primary Contact: Deantursx
Secondary Contact: Viperoverlord

Highest Score: 3047 - 2/11/13
Major deantursx

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:44 am

chemefreak wrote:
Rodion wrote:Make it so that they are cup tied, but if they do join another clan they can be allowed to play as long as the opposing clan accepts it (and everytime they win and move forward they'll have to get permission from their next opponent).

The CDs would prefer that "cup tied" be the rule. We don't want clans to have to be the "bad guy" for enforcing the rule. So everyone better get in the clan they want to be in...soon!

I do agree that the other clan shouldn't be involved. I have learned my lesson with that one. The new player may give the clan an advantage but the other clan looks like the bad guy if they don't allow it. I still think the intent of hte rule is to stop gross abuse by trading players or something just to get to the finals. Or merging clans, etc.

I would like to find a way to allow players to play who switch 6 months ago after only playing in the initial round, which we have seen happy a lot in the first two go-rounds.

Maybe everyone would be okay with just letting me use my own judgement in being unbias as possible. I can say for the most part I will allow players to play as long as everything seems legitimate and it appears to be a real switch. But I wouldn't allow any sort of mergers, or large number of pickups or anything
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby freakns on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:12 am

cup tied rule should stay. otherwise, we will see even more lurking from top clans(and lets not play dumb here, we all know this is happening)
Brigadier freakns

Postby Dako on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:34 am

Make it that cup-tied person should skip one match of CCup. If his new clan wins - he is ok to play alongside them in the next round. It is both fair and good.
Colonel Dako

Postby cookie0117 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:46 am

WPBRJ wrote:
cookie0117 wrote:SOH, will be in. If we show up on the f-400!!

Contacts
Primary: Cookie0117
Secondary: PereiroSaus

showing up on the f-400 is not a qualification to join

I know 2 completed challenges are. We have 6 and I would hate to be ranked last, as it puts us at a disadvantage of meeting a top clan very early on.
Private cookie0117

Postby benga on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:45 am

cookie0117 wrote:
WPBRJ wrote:
cookie0117 wrote:SOH, will be in. If we show up on the f-400!!

Contacts
Primary: Cookie0117
Secondary: PereiroSaus

showing up on the f-400 is not a qualification to join

I know 2 completed challenges are. We have 6 and I would hate to be ranked last, as it puts us at a disadvantage of meeting a top clan very early on.

Don't think you will meet in round 1 any of top 8, even if you were ranked last.
Sergeant benga

Postby cookie0117 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:46 am

benga wrote:Don't think you will meet in round 1 any of top 8, even if you were ranked last.

If we are ranked as 'unranked' we will get a play in spot, for a shot at a top clan second round.

We will still play, obviously. just didnt want to knock one of the top clans out too early on in the cup.....
Private cookie0117

Postby freakns on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:17 am

cookie0117 wrote:We will still play, obviously. just didnt want to knock one of the top clans out too early on in the cup.....

that attitude will not get you too far... you should be eager to face top clans, those battles are most inspiring!
Brigadier freakns

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:36 am

I don't know much about the F400, does anyone know why some clans aren't on there even when they have completed challenges?

Is it just because it hasn't been updated yet?

If I ask for it to be updated right before I do seedings, will all of these clans be in there?

Is there anyway someone could have 2 completed challenges at the end of signups yet not be on the F400? If so, I need to figure out what to do with them.

Also, would like to hear more opinions on cup-tied rule. I still feel bad for punishing legitimate clan switches for 6-9 months, but need a way to prevent obvious abuse. I like Dako's idea of they have to sit out 1 entire challenge. So if you join a clan in the round of 16, you have to sit out the round of 8 and you can play the final 4 if they are there.

This allows all players to start playing within a couple of months after joining, either they win and you can start playing, or they lose and you can go do other clan wars with them.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby John Deere on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:04 am

Chuuuuck wrote:I don't know much about the F400, does anyone know why some clans aren't on there even when they have completed challenges?

If I ask for it to be updated right before I do seedings, will all of these clans be in there?

Is there anyway someone could have 2 completed challenges at the end of signups yet not be on the F400? If so, I need to figure out what to do with them.

Also, would like to hear more opinions on cup-tied rule. I still feel bad for punishing legitimate clan switches for 6-9 months, but need a way to prevent obvious abuse. I like Dako's idea of they have to sit out 1 entire challenge. So if you join a clan in the round of 16, you have to sit out the round of 8 and you can play the final 4 if they are there.

This allows all players to start playing within a couple of months after joining, either they win and you can start playing, or they lose and you can go do other clan wars with them.

Fd400 you have to have enough weighted points to get on there. You can have completed 2 or more wars and still not be on there. I think cup either stays how it is, or another rule set in stone. Please excuse me if I wouldnt trust your "non biased" opinion if you were to make a decision on my clan ;) I do prefer the current cup tied rule though.
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby Leehar on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:07 am

The F400 excludes clans with less than 150 weighting points I think, but it still compiles the whole list, so I think it should be possible for you to find where some clans are even if they haven't gotten the full weighting yet
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Sniper08 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:12 am

Chuuuuck wrote:I don't know much about the F400, does anyone know why some clans aren't on there even when they have completed challenges?

i think it has to do with the clans not have enough weight to be on the rankings though i could be wrong, the rankings get updated every month usually at the start of the month so id finish sign ups for CC3 at the start of any month or contact Gunn and ask for a special updating of it.

i like the cup tied rule as it is , you only get one shot at the cup each year so it should be only with one clan. there is always normal challenges for them to be playing with their new clan. But if its a real problem stopping someone from playing then maybe just not allow the player to play in matches like the semi final/ final if their new clan gets that far, this would make sure the final has only the original members from the start of the cup who win the cup for their clan
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:27 am

I prefer the current limit on maps of twice per round and the current "cup tied" rule applicable for the entire tourney.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:37 am

John Deere wrote:

Fd400 you have to have enough weighted points to get on there. You can have completed 2 or more wars and still not be on there. I think cup either stays how it is, or another rule set in stone. Please excuse me if I wouldnt trust your "non biased" opinion if you were to make a decision on my clan ;) I do prefer the current cup tied rule though.

I don't like your clan too much or the members in it. But, I have created and ran this tournament since the time you first joined this site.

There are pages of posts and tons of PMs (not sure if in my old files or not) from people complimenting on how professional this thing has been run and how I have always made fair judgements for the integrity of the tournament, regardless of my personal beliefs. I have actually made several decisions in favor of clans I didn't prefer or against what I have personally wanted to see because they were the right (and most fair) decisions. Why else do you think nearly every clan on the site participates or wishes they could participate?

If you do not trust my judgement, feel free to not sign your clan up.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby freakns on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:53 am

now Chuck, dont get all too cocky and defensive. we all know how much have you done for clan community, and couple of concerns from one clan(and you have to admit, those concerns are legit as there is bad blood between PACK and... well, pretty much everyone else :D ) shouldnt get you all pumped up. we all trust you and while we dont agree with everything you do, we will respect it, and you know that. also, i think you are aware that CC3 without PACK wouldnt feel right. we all want to bring them down, so please make sure we get a chance :twisted:

also, Otpisani are in!

we have completed our first challenge(28-13 win vs AKA) and have decisive number of games for official win in another challenge(31-15 lead against TNC, with 61 game challenge), although im not sure will that challenge be over in next 7 days. we dont mind if you put us on last place due the fact we probably wont be on next F400 list as long as we have a chance to participate :)

primary contact: freakns
secondary contact: finsfleet
Brigadier freakns

Postby General Brock II on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:59 pm

1st Regiment of Foot Guards is in.

1st contact: General Brock II

2nd contact: Ickyketseddie

We shall fight in France. We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight, with growing confidence and strength in the air. ~ Winston Churchill
Captain General Brock II

Postby laughingcavalier on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:54 pm

'Kin ' ell chuck we haven't finished losing the last one yet.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:08 pm

laughingcavalier wrote:'Kin ' ell chuck we haven't finished losing the last one yet.

I am confused as to what "Kin ' ell" means.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Rodion on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:09 pm

Colonel?
General Rodion

Postby laughingcavalier on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Fuc g h
Major laughingcavalier

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges