Conquer Club

[LHC] Lx HandiCup I - [1.- Man D | 2.- ID | 3.- LOTZ]

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [LHC] Lx HandiCup I - [Round 2 starting] Updated July 29

Postby Lindax on Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:03 pm

IcePack wrote:
Lindax wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Lindax wrote:As for the F400 issue, that has nothing to do with me as the organizer.

Lx[/color][/b]

Actually, with events I've started requiring organizers to provide match up details and last game / completion dates for each one if they want their event included. So, before looking into all the ity bity details of the event its important to know whether or not you'd be willing to take on that task like benga and qwert have for their events.

No = Not included in F400
Yes = Look into further (but from what I've looked at so far, I dont think it'll fit criteria).

IcePack

I can't say if every match-up will have 12 team games or not (I believe that's a criterion?).

Why don't you let me know if the tournament fits the criteria, then I will see if I'm willing to do the tracking. I don't think that'll be a problem since I'm already posting the match-up details on page 1 of the tournament thread.

Lx

You'd need to add what the final completed game was for each match up.

I could do that. But please let me know first if the criteria are met, so I don't do extra stuff for nothing. :D

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: [LHC] Lx HandiCup I - [Round 2 starting] Updated Aug 2

Postby kmhebert on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:05 pm

All Grim Reapers / Legend of the Zone Round 2 games filled and started, good luck to all clans!
Sergeant kmhebert

Re: [LHC] Lx HandiCup I - [Round 2 starting] Updated July 29

Postby macbone on Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:21 am

kmhebert wrote:
Lindax wrote:
Anyway, to move on: I'll extend the limit to join another 2 days as a goodwill gesture. And I will see about the privileges for clan contacts for the next rounds if that's what y'all want.

Lx

Greatly appreciated on both, thanks Lindax.

Lindax, that would be super, man. Thanks.
Colonel macbone

Postby Keefie on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:24 pm

kmhebert wrote:All Grim Reapers / Legend of the Zone Round 2 games filled and started, good luck to all clans!

Wish I could say the same :(
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby macbone on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:47 pm

I sent PMs around to all of my guys, but not everyone has joined them yet. What's the deadline here? Crap, it's going to suck if we have to forfeit half of these games. =(
Colonel macbone

Postby Keefie on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:57 pm

macbone wrote:I sent PMs around to all of my guys, but not everyone has joined them yet. What's the deadline here? Crap, it's going to suck if we have to forfeit half of these games. =(

About 28 hours ago.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Lindax on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:37 pm

macbone wrote:I sent PMs around to all of my guys, but not everyone has joined them yet. What's the deadline here? Crap, it's going to suck if we have to forfeit half of these games. =(

Deadline was yesterday, but I've been really busy, and still am. There are 10 games still not completely filled.

I'll check back later today, in a few hours. Games that are not filled will then be forfeited. I'm sorry, you all had a full week to fill them by now.... :(

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Lindax wrote:

Deadline was yesterday, but I've been really busy, and still am. There are 10 games still not completely filled.

I'll check back later today, in a few hours. Games that are not filled will then be forfeited. I'm sorry, you all had a full week to fill them by now.... :(

Lx

Unfortunately there were still 7 games not filled and they are forfeited and the opponents get the win.

FOED forfeited 4 games.

TNC, MAN D and ID forfeited 1 game.

I'll update page 1 tomorrow.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: [LHC] Lx HandiCup I - [Round 2 starting] Updated Aug 5

Postby macbone on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:05 pm

Ah, that sucks, Lindax. =(

OK, man, thanks.
Colonel macbone

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:04 am

Lindax wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

Unfortunately there were still 7 games not filled and they are forfeited and the opponents get the win.

FOED forfeited 4 games.

Lx

You are mistaken. It should be TNC forfeited 2 and MD forfeited none. MD joined all its games. Perhaps, you confused the 1 v 1 Gazala that Man D. was supposed to be 'Team 2.' But, I was there as player 1 because the TNC player had not joined. Nor does it let you choose to be player two. It's based upon first come, first serve. But, all our games were filled by us. And there was another game (a trips game) that I noticed that TNC was missing the third player. So, to recap; TNC didn't fill two games and MD filled all of its games.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Keefie on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:47 am

TBH HH only just scraped in by the skin of our teeth. Even then I had to bypass some of my first choices in order to get the games filled.

I think that all of these missed invites only goes to prove that this is not the way forward. I very much hope that we do not suffer the same in the next round and that either the CL's get privs or the TO sends the invites based on lists provided by the CL's. If this dosen't happen then HH will have to reconsider our continued participation in this tourney.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby macbone on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:02 am

Yes, in all of our clan challenges, we always use invites. I think our guys were expecting invites this time, too, and I was confused when I didn't have invite privs. This was the first time I took on something like this for our clan, and I screwed it up royally.
Colonel macbone

Postby Lindax on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 am

Keefie wrote:I think that all of these missed invites only goes to prove that this is not the way forward.

I think it only goes to prove that one should read the tournament info and make sure one understands it before signing up. And not simply assume and then sit back and wait for invites. Most of my tournaments involve active participation by the players, clan contacts, team captains, etc. As I said before: All the info is on page 1. All of you have the option to be pro-active and anticipate what's coming. Have you looked at the set games and settings for the next round yet? You can already figure out who's going to play what and joining the games once I send would be a piece of cake, for example.

I'm sorry my format doesn't work out for you. However, I won't take the blame for that. At least macbone is man enough to admit he screwed up.

Anyway, I already said I would look into getting privileges for the next rounds, to make it easier for you guys.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:57 am

ViperOverLord wrote:
Lindax wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

FOED forfeited 4 games.

Lx

You are mistaken. It should be TNC forfeited 2 and MD forfeited none. MD joined all its games. Perhaps, you confused the 1 v 1 Gazala that Man D. was supposed to be 'Team 2.' But, I was there as player 1 because the TNC player had not joined. Nor does it let you choose to be player two. It's based upon first come, first serve. But, all our games were filled by us. And there was another game (a trips game) that I noticed that TNC was missing the third player. So, to recap; TNC didn't fill two games and MD filled all of its games.

You're correct. I forgot you can't join as player 2 in a 1 v 1. I'll correct it.

My apologies, that was indeed an oversight.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Keefie on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:14 am

Lindax wrote:
Keefie wrote:I think that all of these missed invites only goes to prove that this is not the way forward.

I think it only goes to prove that one should read the tournament info and make sure one understands it before signing up. And not simply assume and then sit back and wait for invites. Most of my tournaments involve active participation by the players, clan contacts, team captains, etc. As I said before: All the info is on page 1. All of you have the option to be pro-active and anticipate what's coming. Have you looked at the set games and settings for the next round yet? You can already figure out who's going to play what and joining the games once I send would be a piece of cake, for example.

I'm sorry my format doesn't work out for you. However, I won't take the blame for that. At least macbone is man enough to admit he screwed up.

Anyway, I already said I would look into getting privileges for the next rounds, to make it easier for you guys.

Lx

We new what we we're signing up for, however in practice it just dosen't work. The clan world just isn't used to this way of creating games and signing up too them. Trying to get 20 or 25 clan members to respond to pm's and forum posts isn't easy, infact herding cats might be easier.

Plus as I've already mentioned it was just plain crazy to start this round in the first week of August when so many folk are on their holidays.

As for Macbone admitting he screwed up, well I think he's being to hard on himself.

So please put your patronising tone back in it's box and let's get thing right for the next round, and if that means the invites are all sent centrally by the TO so be it.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby shoop76 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:24 am

Keefie wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

We new what we we're signing up for, however in practice it just dosen't work. The clan world just isn't used to this way of creating games and signing up too them. Trying to get 20 or 25 clan members to respond to pm's and forum posts isn't easy, infact herding cats might be easier.

Plus as I've already mentioned it was just plain crazy to start this round in the first week of August when so many folk are on their holidays.

As for Macbone admitting he screwed up, well I think he's being to hard on himself.

So please put your patronising tone back in it's box and let's get thing right for the next round, and if that means the invites are all sent centrally by the TO so be it.

Calm down. Lindax is putting a lot of hard work into running this. It might not be ideal but he did give almost a week to fill games. He also said he would look into for the next round.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Keefie on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:46 am

shoop76 wrote:Calm down. Lindax is putting a lot of hard work into running this. It might not be ideal but he did give almost a week to fill games. He also said he would look into for the next round.

I know mate and I'm very appreciative of that.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby shoop76 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:50 am

Keefie wrote:
shoop76 wrote:Calm down. Lindax is putting a lot of hard work into running this. It might not be ideal but he did give almost a week to fill games. He also said he would look into for the next round.

I know mate and I'm very appreciative of that.

That being said, I'm glad Aaron is running this for us.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Lindax on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:22 pm

Keefie wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

It's only patronizing if you allow it to be patronizing. I just say it like I see it. And since its my tournament and you voluntarily joined it, I think I have the right to say it like I see it.

A few more remarks and then I'm moving on:

1.- It wasn't too long ago I was a clan member and the invite feature didn't even exist. That was never a problem, you just got be on the ball. Sure, invites can be handy, but even in my normal tournaments I did not use them other than send them as a reminder.

2.- My original idea was to have smaller teams if you remember. Precisely because of easier management.

3.- I wanted to avoid clans creating their own games. In my experience that doesn't always work flawless either. I changed that because of many people asking for it.

4.- I'm in touch with the CD's to see if I can create the games, but give privies to clan contacts, so they can use the invite feature if they wish (also because of many people asking for it).

5.- This tournament started May 21. And you knew it would start around that date when you signed up.

6.- I'll say it once more: The info is there, you can be pro-active and plan ahead. Then you should easily be able to fill 15 games in a week.

7.- I'll say it once more, in the words of Chemefreak:

chemefreak wrote:This is a private tournament and everything was properly disclosed at the time of sign-ups.

In practice it only didn't work because you assumed there would be privileges and you're not pro-active and organized enough to fill 15 games in 4 days. If you don't like my tournament, you are free to leave any time.

Have a good day,

Lx

PS: I'd like to thank everybody who expressed their support for my tournament and those who don't whine about everything, but get it done.
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:53 pm

Lindax wrote:
You're correct. I forgot you can't join as player 2 in a 1 v 1. I'll correct it.

My apologies, that was indeed an oversight.

Lx

Thanks.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Keefie on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:31 am

Lindax wrote:In practice it only didn't work because you assumed there would be privileges and you're not pro-active and organized enough to fill 15 games in 4 days. If you don't like my tournament, you are free to leave any time.

Have a good day,

Lx

PS: I'd like to thank everybody who expressed their support for my tournament and those who don't whine about everything, but get it done.[/color][/b]

1. I knew there wouldn't be privs. I did incorrectly assume that the clans would send their team lists to you and you would send the invites.

2. HH filled all of our games.

3. Less of the snide remarks please :lol:
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Re: [LHC] Lx HandiCup I - [Update]

Postby Lindax on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:12 pm

-
The game rosters for round 2 have been posted, reflecting the forfeited games and 2 games already completed.

See also: ROUND INFO & RESULTS

Lx

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: [LHC] Lx HandiCup I - [Round 2 starting] Updated Aug 7

Postby Faro on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:21 am

Hey Lindax,

I am a bit confuse with the Handicap and the number of game to win. For LOTZ vs GR, how does it work?

If I understood correctly, since the handicap is 2, GR has to win 2 more game than LOTZ to win. But what happens if the final score is LOTZ 7 - GR 8. does LOTZ win or does it means we have to go to the tie-breaker for a final score of 8-8 8 8LOTZ move on next round) or 7-9 (GR move on next round)?

Thank you
Sergeant 1st Class Faro

Re: [LHC] Lx HandiCup I - [Round 2 starting] Updated Aug 7

Postby Lindax on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:53 am

Faro wrote:Hey Lindax,

I am a bit confuse with the Handicap and the number of game to win. For LOTZ vs GR, how does it work?

If I understood correctly, since the handicap is 2, GR has to win 2 more game than LOTZ to win. But what happens if the final score is LOTZ 7 - GR 8. does LOTZ win or does it means we have to go to the tie-breaker for a final score of 8-8 8 8LOTZ move on next round) or 7-9 (GR move on next round)?

Thank you

From the OP:

Example: Suppose two clans meet in round 1. Clan A has a handicap of 16 and clan B has a handicap of 9 (comparable to KORT playing Dynasty at the moment). Over 15 games that means that clan A would have to win 2 more games than clan B (decimals will be ignored in this final calculation). So, if clan A wins 9 games and clan B wins 6 games, clan A would win the round. Now, what happens if they would end up with a score of clan A 8 wins and clan B 7 wins? If the game difference is an even amount, as in this example, and the score ends with 1 game difference of the amount, a tiebreaker is needed because the clans should play an even amount of games, i.e., 16 instead of 15 games.

So, in your example you guys would play a tie-breaker.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges