Conquer Club

Random League IV - winners:ACE, MVP:bamage, cup:ACE

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Random League IV - round 2

Postby chapcrap on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:01 pm

How many games are required for a player to be eligible for a medal in the Random League? I didn't see it written anywhere.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby benga on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:30 pm

chapcrap wrote:How many games are required for a player to be eligible for a medal in the Random League? I didn't see it written anywhere.

I had never written it up, it was always up to CDs or better said cheme.
Sergeant benga

Postby chapcrap on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:19 am

benga wrote:
chapcrap wrote:How many games are required for a player to be eligible for a medal in the Random League? I didn't see it written anywhere.

So, there hasn't been an answer yet?

Reference: viewtopic.php?f=438&t=150201

There are 108 games per clan for a total on 324 game spots. So, 324 game spots with a participation factor of 50% and an average of 25 players, it would be 6 games per player. But, I wasn't sure if the participation factor was set permanently at 50% or not. And usually, for events like this, it's seemed like the number was set a little lower than the formula, so I was thinking it would be 4-6.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby benga on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:28 am

chapcrap wrote:
benga wrote:

Reference: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 8&t=150201

There are 108 games per clan for a total on 324 game spots. So, 324 game spots with a participation factor of 50% and an average of 25 players, it would be 6 games per player. But, I wasn't sure if the participation factor was set permanently at 50% or not. And usually, for events like this, it's seemed like the number was set a little lower than the formula, so I was thinking it would be 4-6.

It's 6 games out of 108, how can that be too much?
Sergeant benga

Postby chapcrap on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:44 am

benga wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
benga wrote:

I never said that was too much. However, if my clan used 30 players, which could happen, it should be 5 according to the formula. That's probably the reason that they usually go a little low on the number in events like this. If we use 22, which could also happen, it should be 7. I don't really care what the number is, I just want to know so that we can plan accordingly.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chemefreak on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 pm

chapcrap wrote:
benga wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
benga wrote:

I never said that was too much. However, if my clan used 30 players, which could happen, it should be 5 according to the formula. That's probably the reason that they usually go a little low on the number in events like this. If we use 22, which could also happen, it should be 7. I don't really care what the number is, I just want to know so that we can plan accordingly.

I would say that I would shoot for 6 games if your clan uses over 15 players. Of course, if the clan uses a lot of players and a guy sneaks in with 4 or 5 games I will probably still give them a medal. Let's just say 6 for now. And, of course, they have to have a win! Cheers.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Re: Random League IV - Cup 1/4

Postby chapcrap on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Sounds good. Thanks cheme.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Keefie on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:22 am

chapcrap wrote:
benga wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
benga wrote:

Reference: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 8&t=150201

Hopefully it wont come to that ;)

Keffie
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Dako on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:26 am

Cup TOFU games created and invites sent.
Colonel Dako

Postby benga on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:18 pm

fixed links for ongoing rounds.

hopefully any new updated won't make me fix them again
Sergeant benga

Re: Random League IV - round 4

Postby Gilligan on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:54 pm

The Random League is run by witches.

Allow me to explain myself.

Our first match was all hunky-dorey - till the witches decided to take over.

In our second match, we got two back-to-back games with the same map. I left it as a coincidence and that was that.

However, then our third match came. What happened? Two back-to-back games with the same map. I said "Woah, again?" and that was it.

Then came our fourth match. It happened again and now I'm totally afraid of this league. I can see two maps being the same, but back-to-back 3 times in a row? This is unnatural.

Take this as you will. But if this happens again, I'm gonna go jump off of a cliff.
Major Gilligan

Re: Random League IV - round 5

Postby benga on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:21 pm

ACE and AFOS advance to cup semis.

Seems to me Gilligan you will have another double map triple-dub combo :D
Sergeant benga

Postby Gilligan on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:46 pm

benga wrote:ACE and AFOS advance to cup semis.

Seems to me Gilligan you will have another double map triple-dub combo :D

We will see soon enough :shock:
Major Gilligan

Postby Crazyirishman on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Gilligan wrote:The Random League is run by witches.

In our second match, we got two back-to-back games with the same map. I left it as a coincidence and that was that.

However, then our third match came. What happened? Two back-to-back games with the same map. I said "Woah, again?" and that was it.

Then came our fourth match. It happened again and now I'm totally afraid of this league. I can see two maps being the same, but back-to-back 3 times in a row? This is unnatural.

Take this as you will. But if this happens again, I'm gonna go jump off of a cliff.

I've noticed over this league and the last RL that somewhere between 1/4-1/3 of the time, there will be a repeat map in our match, so I think you caught a particular strain of random.

The alternative is to create a "mapping bitching" thread about how random map is not random.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Gilligan on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:

I've noticed over this league and the last RL that somewhere between 1/4-1/3 of the time, there will be a repeat map in our match, so I think you caught a particular strain of random.

The alternative is to create a "mapping bitching" thread about how random map is not random.

Yeah, I understand duplicate maps. But we got duplicate maps three times, and the games are NEXT in order from its pair!
Major Gilligan

Postby Leehar on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Looks like LoW really has Tofu's number in the random league! Looks like they'll win that match-up as well!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby hyposquasher on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the wrong place but is there a graphic/visual bracket for the Random cup? The links I see on the first page are blank pages for me.
This image cannot be clicked.

High Score: 4112 - 11-30-2014
New High Score: 4164 - 4/9/20
New High Score: 4315 - 4/5/21
General hyposquasher

Postby benga on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:03 am

hyposquasher wrote:I'm not sure if I'm looking at the wrong place but is there a graphic/visual bracket for the Random cup? The links I see on the first page are blank pages for me.

those are just links to threads

in those threads links to visual stuff

hmmm, maybe they are broken now, can't acess those myself, when I get home I will deal it with those
Sergeant benga

Postby ChrisPond on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Leehar wrote:Looks like LoW really has Tofu's number in the random league! Looks like they'll win that match-up as well!

Yes, games have not gone well for us here at TOFU
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby benga on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:40 pm

fixed the link for cup
Sergeant benga

Postby Crazyirishman on Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:29 pm

ChrisPond wrote:
Leehar wrote:Looks like LoW really has Tofu's number in the random league! Looks like they'll win that match-up as well!

Yes, games have not gone well for us here at TOFU

That's the beauty of clan play: all clans match up differently against one another We've seemed to have hit a good TOFU rhythm (maybe we hit our stride since Chard is a phenomenal dancer) but there are others who seems to do better against us than against other clans. As we continue our TOFU *dominance*, we face other challenges that stop slow us down in becoming the best of the best.

* denotes victories in small size sets on random maps where anything can happen
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Commander62890 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:39 pm

ACE takes Game 13647590

Really good dice
Major Commander62890

Postby Gilligan on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:00 am

Gilligan wrote:
Crazyirishman wrote:

Yeah, I understand duplicate maps. But we got duplicate maps three times, and the games are NEXT in order from its pair!

Didn't happen - my life is spared :D
Major Gilligan

Postby Armandolas on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:47 am

@ gilligan : 2 out of my 3 games were played in route 66 :)

@ crazyirishman : i would definitly like to have a full war against LOW in the future. If it was my decision only, you would be on top3 clan that i would like to defeat before i retire :)
(top3 for me means all clans that rejected my application so far :D)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby benga on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:21 am

Armandolas wrote:
@ crazyirishman : i would definitly like to have a full war against LOW in the future. If it was my decision only, you would be on top3 clan that i would like to defeat before i retire :)
(top3 for me means all clans that rejected my application so far :D)

that's a long list then :lol:
Sergeant benga

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges