Conquer Club

[CC4] TOFU vs. ACE - 34-33 - FINAL 11 Aug 2014

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC4] TOFU vs. ACE - 30-30 - Tie Breaker: 2-3

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:04 am

Denise, you must be exhausted from having to chat up BOTH sides in this one. . . :shock:

And, you must be in need of a Chiropractor from having to carry Master Fenrir on your back the whole time. . . . :o

Just popping in to see what is up and the old Empire forum has been torn down, most every map I see has a name I do not recognize, and I have become an old fossil, for sure.

too bad. . .lots of humor in that old Empire forum. . . .looks lilke ToFU lead the last two. . . ..good luck the rest of the way! :D
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Postby jj3044 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:07 am

TheSpaceCowboy wrote:Denise, you must be exhausted from having to chat up BOTH sides in this one. . . :shock:

And, you must be in need of a Chiropractor from having to carry Master Fenrir on your back the whole time. . . . :o

Just popping in to see what is up and the old Empire forum has been torn down, most every map I see has a name I do not recognize, and I have become an old fossil, for sure.

too bad. . .lots of humor in that old Empire forum. . . .looks lilke ToFU lead the last two. . . ..good luck the rest of the way! :D

We miss you buddy!

And yeah, admin took the forum down due to "inactivity" even though we had been posting fairly regularly in there. :roll: I'm going to add you to the PocketAces training group though, and if you ever feel like coming back, please do let us know! :D
Colonel jj3044

Postby ChrisPond on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:17 am

jj3044 wrote:
TheSpaceCowboy wrote:Denise, you must be exhausted from having to chat up BOTH sides in this one. . . :shock:

We miss you buddy!

And yeah, admin took the forum down due to "inactivity" even though we had been posting fairly regularly in there. :roll: I'm going to add you to the PocketAces training group though, and if you ever feel like coming back, please do let us know! :D

can you add me to the Pocket Aces training group as well jj? I think I would enjoy that and i need some additional training as there is a thread in the TOFU forum about my lack of skills on the majority of the maps. TOFU mostly makes fun of me in it...I don't get most of their jokes, they go right over my head but the other's are always quoting the person before and using the laughing smiley. I am sure one day I will log on to find I have been removed from TOFU. i think the conquer rome doubles win bought me another month or 2 but there i just rode hopper's coattails. i think he takes pity on me and keeps telling everyone i was a valuable member of the strategy in that one and i obviously agree with him.

Anyway...add me to the training group please!

Top Rank: 12 High Score: 3912
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby Leehar on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:02 pm

ChrisPond wrote:
jj3044 wrote:

We miss you buddy!

can you add me to the Pocket Aces training group as well jj? I think I would enjoy that and i need some additional training as there is a thread in the TOFU forum about my lack of skills on the majority of the maps. TOFU mostly makes fun of me in it...I don't get most of their jokes, they go right over my head but the other's are always quoting the person before and using the laughing smiley. I am sure one day I will log on to find I have been removed from TOFU. i think the conquer rome doubles win bought me another month or 2 but there i just rode hopper's coattails. i think he takes pity on me and keeps telling everyone i was a valuable member of the strategy in that one and i obviously agree with him.

Anyway...add me to the training group please!

It's probably best if you ask cat. She's still training us it seems!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby catnipdreams on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:23 pm

Major catnipdreams

Postby jackal31 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I need to go be by myself for a minute.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby ChrisPond on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:23 pm

catnipdreams wrote:Image

at least she did not post the photo where she had shaved....
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby jackal31 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:40 pm

jackal31 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: I need to go be by myself for a minute.

Okay....I feel better now.
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby hopalong on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:08 am

that was over 5 hours, jackal - i think you are doing it wrong.

jackal31 wrote:
jackal31 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: I need to go be by myself for a minute.

Okay....I feel better now.
Major hopalong

Postby catnipdreams on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:27 am

Major catnipdreams

Postby jackal31 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Well, after my minute alone, I fell asleep.
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Re: [CC4] TOFU vs. ACE - 33-33 - One game left!

Postby Doc_Brown on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:18 am

TOFU pulled off the win in FNA. Tied up once again, and it comes down to the final game!
Game 14495611 - Hive quads,NS,U,F -
I guess it's fitting that the two clans that were evidently the first to use foggy/unlimited Hive games in clan competitions should now be deciding the tie breaker on that map.
Major Doc_Brown

Postby hopalong on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:49 am

fingers crossed CC doesnt have a site reset to 9 months ago ...
Major hopalong

Postby PaRKoN on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:53 am

Congrats TOFU, what a battle there. I am a bit mad because we have could won this tiebreak if dice hadn't abandoned us in some crucial turns, but I am still proud of our performance here. We will get our revenge soon or later, so be ready.
Brigadier PaRKoN

Postby ChrisPond on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 am

hopalong wrote:fingers crossed CC doesnt have a site reset to 9 months ago ...

That is funny!
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby betiko on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:21 pm

I think there should be another tie breaker guys. 1 game lead doesn t work for me! ;-p
Huge comeback tofu, ace must ve had some serious dicefucks, there was an update in this thread where i clicked on the games left and you guys were really in a huge trouble!
Major betiko

Postby jackal31 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:58 pm

If I were to say that ACE was granted an early lead because we were dice screwed in the beginning of the game, would that make me sound like an ass?

The point is, these have been some great games. Please dont spoil it by saying the dice screwed you over. We all get them. In the end, there were two very strategic teams that played their asses off, and one team came out on top.

Better luck next time. I know we will meet you on the battlefield again. It was a damn stressful, but fun, war.
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby ChrisPond on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:23 pm

PaRKoN wrote:Congrats TOFU, what a battle there. I am a bit mad because we have could won this tiebreak if dice hadn't abandoned us in some crucial turns, but I am still proud of our performance here. We will get our revenge soon or later, so be ready.

Is the ACE Hive team going to surrender? That would make me feel a lot better.

As for dice, I think we all agree they decide a lot of games. I have never played the race track map but it seemed like you guys had all the dice there. ACE also had a huge advantage quickly in the World 2.1 game...not sure if it was dice, drop, or strategy though...I was to busy arguing with Hoppy in Conquer Rome and acting like I knew what was going on in Hive.

Top Rank: 12 High Score: 3912
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby hyposquasher on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:35 pm

I don't want to play the dice-blaming game. It's a slippery slope to start pointing out each of the games with lop-sided dice. It was a great war. We're bummed to lose here, and maybe even more-so after it looked like we were going to win, but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

TOFU, you remain a top clan on the site and hats off for the victory. Give 'em hell in the Finals!

For ACE, I can say that we should all be proud of the performance. I think in this last year we've proven we deserve to be listed among the top clans. This 34-33 loss only reinforces that point. I leave this war sad, but proud of us.

Oh, and TOFU better watch out next time we face you!
(as if you weren't watching out this time...? whatever, you get my meaning :twisted: )
This image cannot be clicked.

High Score: 4112 - 11-30-2014
New High Score: 4164 - 4/9/20
New High Score: 4315 - 4/5/21
General hyposquasher

Postby catnipdreams on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:46 pm

hyposquasher wrote:For ACE, I can say that we should all be proud of the performance. I think in this last year we've proven we deserve to be listed among the top clans. This 34-33 loss only reinforces that point. I leave this war sad, but proud of us.

:lol: I always knew ACE was one of the top clans, regardless of what rankings implied. Excellent war, excellent games, excellent ACE players. Bummer we can't merge (as equals, ofc!) to face the cows - that would be really, really fun, standing shoulder to shoulder, a line of outdoor grills all fired up, ready for, er... :? Well, we'll add some non GMO ears of corn to a separate grill, k?
Major catnipdreams

Postby betiko on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Regarding dice stuff; i agree that if ace got there in the first place because they must ve had better luck on dice/drops and all you want. Nevertheless, as an outsider I totally get ACE's disapointment as at some point tofu needed a miracle on at least 2 games, i had been told that ace had it won, went to check and I wouldn t ve put a penny on tofu. Benga, the other outsider writing in here thought the same.
Ace has the right to be a bit upset after an 8 month war or so and lose on the tiebreaker after things were looking so good for them and getting unreal bad luck, nothing unsports there.
If a tsunami happens on hive at this point, not mentioning the dice would be pretty silly.
This is a partly luck based game, not mentioning dice is like being english and not discussing the weather.
Major betiko

Postby jj3044 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:15 pm

I think we are ready to concede Hive. :(

Great war, Tofu. See you around!
Colonel jj3044

Postby Dualta on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:42 pm

Well done all involved. An extraordinary war indeed. I'm looking forward to the next one, when I'm not cup-tied.
Brigadier Dualta

Postby jetsetwilly on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:52 pm

Great war everyone. We thought we might have it for a few days but it wasn't to be. That a 67 game fight can come down to just 1 game is quite remarkable.
Captain jetsetwilly

Postby Denise on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:18 pm

Thank you, ACE. What a close, exciting war we've had! I've enjoyed it a lot. You're an excellent clan. We'll meet again. :)
Major Denise

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges