Conquer Club

[CL6] Division Phase (PD: TOFU, SD: LHDD, TD: SOH)

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CL6] Division Phase (PD & SD: No new rounds)

Postby Keefie on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:40 am

I think we're all forgetting that there is already an open slot in the PL. TSM dropped out after the fixtures were made.

Also with only 6 clans in the third division after GR and AOK disbanded, there may be room for further discussion regarding how many divisions and the size of the divisions in CL7. What isn't up for discussion is that the final placings in CL6 will be used to determine your starting positions for CL7 and that promotion/relegation will commence then, as agreed.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:09 am

IcePack wrote:I'm pretty sure LHDD rep voted for it that way Betiko.ight want to talk to him before complaining here why he voted that way, it sucks LHDD didn't get into PL but I also don't see why you're so upset when YOUR clan got what YOUR clan voted for.,,

Just for the record... It was momo33 and he just told me that this is absolutely untrue and that he was basically the only one with the pack rep to fight for promotion/relegation at the end of the cl6 (i don t even know why pack would care given that they never participate in leagues but that s another story).
Not to mention all the other clan reps that got confused by the dodgy way of asking that question.

Keefie wrote:I think we're all forgetting that there is already an open slot in the PL. TSM dropped out after the fixtures were made.

Also with only 6 clans in the third division after GR and AOK disbanded, there may be room for further discussion regarding how many divisions and the size of the divisions in CL7. What isn't up for discussion is that the final placings in CL6 will be used to determine your starting positions for CL7 and that promotion/relegation will commence then, as agreed.

No we haven't forgotten it and we were discussing it.

Right now we have:
11 instead of 12 in premier div
11 instead of 12 in second div
6 instead of 12 in third div.

Yes i repeat, the third div is a joke, even if you have the excuse that they all play each other twice, that was just a last minute fix.

Regarding the cl7... Of course you have to be open to discussion. You don't know if there will be drop outs and how many new clans would want in.
With the 28 actual clans what exactly do you have planned?? 12 in div1, 12 in div2 and 4 in div3?
You cannot plan your divisions with a year and a half of advance, it s totally ridiculous given how things change in the clan world every 6 month.

I understand you guys are trying to organise something fair and square, but you are not letting yourselves the chance to adapt to the situation that we will be facing for the cl7...

This is just such a typical northern european/southern european conflict with northern stubbornness vs southern improvisation.
Major betiko

Postby Keefie on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:44 am

As a clan leader I'm very keen for this discussion to take place and I'm very flexible/adaptable regarding format's.

edit: To put anything beyond doubt, the above comment refers to the number and size's of the divisions only.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:07 pm

betiko wrote:
IcePack wrote:I'm pretty sure LHDD rep voted for it that way Betiko.ight want to talk to him before complaining here why he voted that way, it sucks LHDD didn't get into PL but I also don't see why you're so upset when YOUR clan got what YOUR clan voted for.,,

Just for the record... It was momo33 and he just told me that this is absolutely untrue and that he
was basically the only one with the pack rep to fight for promotion/relegation at the end of the cl6 (i don t even know why pack would care given that they never participate in leagues but that s another story).
Not to mention all the other clan reps that got confused by the dodgy way of asking that question.

Then he's giving you bad information. This is his entire contribution to the discussion in BOTH threads where it was discussed in CDF.

Momo33 wrote:LHDD will vote for a relegation/promotion going through CL7!

And I quoted the OP and high lighted earlier it was very specific about when it started. I don't buy the "clan reps got confused" when it was made pretty clear plus the discussion inside the thread.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:10 pm

IcePack wrote:
betiko wrote:

Just for the record... It was momo33 and he just told me that this is absolutely untrue and that he
was basically the only one with the pack rep to fight for promotion/relegation at the end of the cl6 (i don t even know why pack would care given that they never participate in leagues but that s another story).

Then he's giving you bad information. This is his entire contribution to the discussion in BOTH threads where it was discussed in CDF.

And I quoted the OP and high lighted earlier it was very specific about when it started. I don't buy the "clan reps got confused" when it was made pretty clear plus the discussion inside the thread.

You're 100% right Ice. This was an open discussion with a 1 clan 1 vote at the end. There is NO small print.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:12 pm

Keefie wrote:As a clan leader I'm very keen for this discussion to take place and I'm very flexible/adaptable regarding format's.

well you are confusing me. how are the cl6 standings within each division not worthy of taking into consideration when we don't even know how many divisions there will be nor how many clans participating in the cl7?

if there are no clans dropping next year, and no new clan wishing to integrate the cl7; what would seem like the most convenient solution to me would be to promote the top 3 from second dicision into first division, and promote the entire third division into second division. that way we would have 2 divisions of 14 teams. After all, tis would mean 13 confrontations each compare to the 15 confrontations+1 bye round we all had during the cl6 including the qualifying stage.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:16 pm

IcePack wrote:
betiko wrote:

just let momo speak for himself, as I'm not going to quote what he wrote in french in our forum. he obviously got confused and wished a promotion/relegation at the start of the cl7 and by no way meant that he wanted no promotion and relegation at the end of the CL6.
I don't know if jpclo64 is foed's rep for this, but he made it pretty clear that the question was confusing and that foed might not have voted for what they asked for.
Major betiko

Postby Lindax on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:32 pm

As far as the discussion about the size of the leagues for CL7: Why don't y'all relax and wait to see how many clans will actually sign up for CL7?

The original idea is this:

After the CL6 we create a Premier Division with the 12 highest placed clans that sign up for the CL7.

With the rest of the clans we form 2 Second Divisions (A & B if you like). We form those divisions as equal as possible by dividing clans that participated in CL6 depending on their placement. Which division will be called A or B we can then determine randomly.

Obviously the implementation of that idea will depend on how many clans will participate. If only 13 clans sign up, the conclusion may be that there is no place for the Clan League anymore. If there are 24 signing up, there will obviously be 2 divisions of 12.

It was never the intention to have a Third League with 6 clans and we didn't start with 6. The number went down during the competition. Equally it is not the intention to have divisions in CL7 with only 6 clans, or indeed a division with 20 clans for that matter.

We'll see which clans sign up and from there the Premier Division will emerge. After that we see if we have enough clans for 2 Second Divisions or not. It may all be very clear-cut. If not, there may be a discussion and maybe even a poll needed. Until then it's not much use discussing the issue.

A note on promotion/relegation after CL6: It will already take place. If all current Premier Division clans sign up for CL7, the winner of the Second Division will join the Premier Division. If less than 11 sign up there will be more Second Division Clans going to the Premier Division.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:40 pm

Lindax wrote:As far as the discussion about the size of the leagues for CL7: Why don't y'all relax and wait to see how many clans will actually sign up for CL7?

After the CL6 we create a Premier Division with the 12 highest placed clans that sign up for the CL7.

With the rest of the clans we form 2 Second Divisions (A & B if you like). We form those divisions as equal as possible by dividing clans that participated in CL6 depending on their placement. Which division will be called A or B we can then determine randomly.

Obviously the implementation of that idea will depend on how many clans will participate. If only 13 clans sign up, the conclusion may be that there is no place for the Clan League anymore. If there are 24 signing up, there will obviously be 2 divisions of 12.

It was never the intention to have a Third League with 6 clans and we didn't start with 6. The number went down during the competition. Equally it is not the intention to have divisions in CL7 with only 6 clans, or indeed a division with 20 clans for that matter.

We'll see which clans sign up and from there the Premier Division will emerge. After that we see if we have enough clans for 2 Second Divisions or not. It may all be very clear-cut. If not, there may be a discussion and maybe even a poll needed. Until then it's not much use discussing the issue.

A note on promotion/relegation after CL6: It will already take place. If all current Premier Division clans sign up for CL7, the winner of the Second Division will join the Premier Division. If less than 11 sign up there will be more Second Division Clans going to the Premier Division.

Lx

well then we agree that this is flexible and we seem to agree on the same type of solutions. you guys made it sound like something very unflexible.
ps: if we have just 12 clans (even if we know it won't be the case) I don't see why we couldn't do a league with just 1 division... nothing wrong with that. Sure, it won't be as competitive as previous years but there is no reason to cancel it.
At the end of the day it's pretty impossible to organise the league too much in advance because it all depends on who's in a who is not. we cannot plan 1 year in advance the next league's organisation.
I think that we should just try to make leagues of 8-14 teams depending on the amount of clans participating; and from there chose the amount of leagues.
Major betiko

Postby Lindax on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:43 pm

betiko wrote:
Lindax wrote:As far as the discussion about the size of the leagues for CL7: Why don't y'all relax and wait to see how many clans will actually sign up for CL7?

Lx

well then we agree that this is flexible and we seem to agree on the same type of solutions. you guys made it sound like something very unflexible.
ps: if we have just 12 clans (even if we know it won't be the case) I don't see why we couldn't do a league with just 1 division... nothing wrong with that. Sure, it won't be as competitive as previous years but there is no reason to cancel it.
At the end of the day it's pretty impossible to organise the league too much in advance because it all depends on who's in a who is not. we cannot plan 1 year in advance the next league's organisation.

I had a glass of Bordeaux and suddenly I felt a lot more flexible. :-^

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby jackal31 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:22 pm

betiko wrote:
All I see here is that you are the only one preaching head to head first, and that you expect this rule to change only because you say so. You might want to ask a vote before the cl7, seems more reasonable.

I dont think I ever said change the rule because I said so. Point that out to me please.

However, being more involved with this now has brought much of this prior discussion to light too. TOFU has had a clan rep change, but also, leadership change and roles adapted. Being more familiar with this, I do intend to propose a change. Beating a team/clan in a head to head should be the first determining factor for a tie in my opinion. Some of my clan mates also agree.

Again, if you were to be in a position where you had zero losses and not win the championship ....against a team you beat two different times....how would you feel? Do you think that is the right determination? That's all I'm asking. Apparently this discussion will pick up at a later time.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:25 pm

jackal31 wrote:
betiko wrote:
All I see here is that you are the only one preaching head to head first, and that you expect this rule to change only because you say so. You might want to ask a vote before the cl7, seems more reasonable.

I dont think I ever said change the rule because I said so. Point that out to me please.

However, being more involved with this now has brought much of this prior discussion to light too. TOFU has had a clan rep change, but also, leadership change and roles adapted. Being more familiar with this, I do intend to propose a change. Beating a team/clan in a head to head should be the first determining factor for a tie in my opinion. Some of my clan mates also agree.

Again, if you were to be in a position where you had zero losses and not win the championship ....against a team you beat two different times....how would you feel? Do you think that is the right determination? That's all I'm asking. Apparently this discussion will pick up at a later time.

If i look at the other side of the spectrum, meaning ace's position, they have won more games in this competition and lost less games than you did.
I follow enough sports to have been disgusted many times because my team or the one I was rooting for has been screwed by GD first or head to head first depending on the competition.
I have always prefered GD first over head to head because In my opinion there is more luck involved in a single confrontation compared to the entire competition s results.

Bottom line: it is always kind of unfair to finish first in terms of points and not being champion. This was the rule this year, and if the head to head rule was in place this year i m sure ace would ve thought it s unfair too.
Major betiko

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:28 am

This is the current rule in CC5:
Any abuse should be brought to the attention of the TO immediately.

Deliberately timing out in Escalating and Nuclear games to avoid taking a spoil will not be tolerated by any players.
This is not a common occurrence and we do not expect to see it happen at all but a rule should be in place to prevent abuse.
The first time a clan breaks this rule in the Cup the game must be re-made. [Unless other clan wants game to stand]
Each subsequent violation during the Cup will result in a forfeit of the game.

Decisions of the TO are final.

Clans submitting entry to the cup are deemed to have agreed to the rules.

Is this also in place for CL6, or is deliberate timing out in games with nukes tolerated?
Major Doc_Brown

Postby Lindax on Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:50 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:This is the current rule in CC5:

Deliberately timing out in Escalating and Nuclear games to avoid taking a spoil will not be tolerated by any players.
This is not a common occurrence and we do not expect to see it happen at all but a rule should be in place to prevent abuse.
The first time a clan breaks this rule in the Cup the game must be re-made. [Unless other clan wants game to stand]

Is this also in place for CL6, or is deliberate timing out in games with nukes tolerated?

Deliberate timing is NOT allowed in CL6.

I'm currently looking into 2 cases in round 11.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:31 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:This is the current rule in CC5:

As Lindax stated he is looking into it. For reference here is the rule in place for CL6:

Game abuse like purposely running out of time or throwing a game is prohibited.

Consequences for breaking a rule will be determined on a case by case basis, depending on the severity, repetitiveness, and possible effects on the results of this tournament. The consequences can vary from a warning to the remaking of a game, point deductions, forfeits, expulsion of a player and/or disqualification of a clan.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby loutil on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:27 pm

betiko wrote:
jackal31 wrote:
betiko wrote:

If i look at the other side of the spectrum, meaning ace's position, they have won more games in this competition and lost less games than you did.
I follow enough sports to have been disgusted many times because my team or the one I was rooting for has been screwed by GD first or head to head first depending on the competition.
I have always prefered GD first over head to head because In my opinion there is more luck involved in a single confrontation compared to the entire competition s results.

Bottom line: it is always kind of unfair to finish first in terms of points and not being champion. This was the rule this year, and if the head to head rule was in place this year i m sure ace would ve thought it s unfair too.

I understand your point but do not see it that way. There is only 1 win in each match. The objective is to win the match and how many games you win in that match would not seem relevant. It is almost silly to me that you never lose a match but lose the competition to a team you beat twice. The set up is quite simple. You play head to head with another clan. 2 points for the win. 1 for a tie. So the objective is points. If the points are tied it suggests the teams are near equal. The simplest way to determine who is better would be head to head competition. Otherwise, we are getting into transitive properties.
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby rockfist on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:09 pm

betiko wrote:
jackal31 wrote:
betiko wrote:

The bold underlined part is inaccurate.
Major rockfist

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:10 am

rockfist wrote:
betiko wrote:
jackal31 wrote:
betiko wrote:

current game count: ace 94v 50d; tofu 83v 55d
your statement is inaccurate! ;)
Last edited by betiko on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major betiko

Re: [CL6] Division Phase (Final rounds ongoing)

Postby Donelladan on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:12 am

@Tofu. It doesn't matter much if head to head would be better than goal average to determine the winner of the league.
It was written before the beginning of the league that goal average would be used.
You cannot change the rule last turn of the competition.

You should have complain about this rule way earlier.
Now you appear like you want to change it only because it would make you win. ( Doesn't matter if you truly think in the bottom of your soul that head to head is better than goal average - that is how you look like anyway).

And it is unfair to change a rule last turn of the competition. No matter how silly the rule is.
Btw LHDD will win 2nd league without a tie (99% sure as we speak), so for my clan it wouldn't matter if the rule change or not. I just think we can't change a rule last turn of competition.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:34 am

for the record here is your current situation (i made a ranking table for second division, and at some point during the season I just copy pasted it and made it for the first division) and this is as updated as it gets, as soon as a clan reaches 5 i count it as a win even if all 8 games aren't done unlike lindax, and all finished games even if it's an unfinished round are in the game difference counted already:

1) ACE 26pts (17/20 finished) +44
2) TOFU 25pts (15/20 finished) +28
3) FALL 24 pts (16/20 finished) +25

pending for ace:
round 10: foed 3 ace 4
round 11: fall 1 ace 2; ace 0 fall 1

pending for tofu:
round 9: tofu 3 fall 3
round 10: kort 3 tofu 1; tofu 2 kort 4
round 11: ret 0 tofu 2; tofu 1 ret 0

pending for fallen:
round 10: fall 3 tnc 2

also, just had a look at that last foed vs ace game: Game 15385592 ace said gg and it looks like foed gets it.
that makes ace 27pts in 18 matches, and with just that confrontation vs fallen left.
tofu is certain not to win in away vs kort because kort already reached 4 wins
just had a look at that tofu-fallen, both games fully decided and it will end up in a tie.

basically, here's what we got:
1) ace 27pts -> max 31pts
2) tofu 26pts -> max 33pts
3) fall 25pts -> max 31pts

so tofu still depends on itself and ace facing fallen on round 11 is great news for tofu.... very interesting finish! You guys are the ones with the most chances and not like it's really likely that tofu and ace will end up in a point tie anyways..
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:49 am

Thanks for the breakdown Betiko!
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:58 am

betiko wrote:
rockfist wrote:
betiko wrote:
jackal31 wrote:
betiko wrote:

current game count: ace 94v 50d; tofu 83v 55d
your statement is inaccurate! ;)

I was looking at the individual matches, of which we have not lost any, where they have. I was thinking of those as "games." I was thinking of the CC games as the score within those games.

The rule is the rule. It should not be changed for this season. There is absolutely no reason to not have a discussion about changing it for next season.
Major rockfist

Postby rockfist on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:02 am

betiko wrote:for the record here is your current situation (i made a ranking table for second division, and at some point during the season I just copy pasted it and made it for the first division) and this is as updated as it gets, as soon as a clan reaches 5 i count it as a win even if all 8 games aren't done unlike lindax, and all finished games even if it's an unfinished round are in the game difference counted already:

1) ACE 26pts (17/20 finished) +44
2) TOFU 25pts (15/20 finished) +28
3) FALL 24 pts (16/20 finished) +25

pending for ace:
round 10: foed 3 ace 4

pending for tofu:
round 10: kort 3 tofu 1; tofu 2 kort 4
round 11: ret 0 tofu 2; tofu 1 ret 0

pending for fallen:
round 10: fall 3 tnc 2

also, just had a look at that last foed vs ace game: Game 15385592 ace said gg and it looks like foed gets it.
that makes ace 27pts in 18 matches, and with just that confrontation vs fallen left.
tofu is certain not to win in away vs kort because kort already reached 4 wins
just had a look at that tofu-fallen, both games fully decided and it will end up in a tie.

basically, here's what we got:
1) ace 27pts -> max 31pts
2) tofu 26pts -> max 33pts
3) fall 25pts -> max 31pts

so tofu still depends on itself and ace facing fallen on round 11 is great news for tofu.... very interesting finish! You guys are the ones with the most chances and not like it's really likely that tofu and ace will end up in a point tie anyways..

This looks about right from the outside. I had no idea you would be so concerned about something where you don't "have a dog in the fight" so to speak. Some of us may have more insight into what's going on within the matches because we can see more, though.
Major rockfist

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:45 am

Well as I said i did it for the second division where we were playing and had been updating it every once in a while. At some point i was just wondering how was the first division doing, just copied the tab and changed the second division schedule with the first division schedule.
It's just a matter of checking the clan tab for results and writing it down it in my file.. And it just takes 5 minutes to update once in a while.
Even if we are not directly concerned, it still is interesting for us as it shows who is in good shape and who is not among the top clans, it also affects the f400 clan ranking.

Regarding insights-> i didn t look at the games except for the ones that were 1 or 2 games short from old rounds. Didn t look at those tofu kort ones. I don t really expect those scores to move much in the next few days but if they do and you want the latest live update..

By the way... There is an old round with ace vs.. RA that only had 7 games in the tab, has there been a penalty of some sort? Ace won it 5-2 and that last game affects their GD if it comes down to it.
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... WarId=1410
Major betiko

Postby rockfist on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:05 pm

KORT is playing very well in the matches against us, but we expect the results to be competitive.
Major rockfist

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges