Conquer Club

Win up to 6 YEARS PREMIUM- October WINNER announced

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Win up to 6 YEARS PREMIUM- October WINNER announced

Postby TeeGee on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:42 pm

6 Years worth of premium prizes to be won

You heard me right, 6 YEARS

Every month for the next 6 months we are giving one lucky user a FREE 1 Year premium membership

Is there a catch? Maybe... To be eligible all you have to do is share our facebook posts on your own facebook wall. For every post that you share that month you will score 1 ticket in the draw, the more tickets you have the greater your chance to win. On the last day of each month I will randomly select 1 ticket and that user will win 1 years membership.

Our Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/ConquerClub Like us, share and win

OCTOBER WINNER: photojoe Congratulations :) and thank you for sharing
NOVEMBER WINNER: Still waiting a reply to message sent
DECEMBER WINNER: mageplunka68 Congrats to one of our favorite veterans
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Re: Win up to 6 YEARS PREMIUM

Postby 2dimes on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:47 pm

What ever happened to consumer protection laws?
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:11 pm

What's this new 'ello' I've heard about?

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:32 pm

1. Make a new facebook account.
2. Spam CC posts
3. Incur zero wrath from real friends on the real account
4. ?????
5. PROBABLE PROFIT!!!

inb4: "you must have >0 FB friends in order to qualify."

If >0 is required, then collude with other CC players by making FB accounts to spam each other and get CC lottery tickets.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Lord Arioch on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:10 am

I HATE facebook its "greatness" will soon pass like internet! :) cant i get 100+ tickets for NOT having a facebook account? pretty plz:)
Major Lord Arioch

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:38 pm

good luck with 6 years of premium, by the 3rd year the only people who will be on this site are me, nietzsche and saxi
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Re: Win up to 6 YEARS by SPAMMING on Facebook!!!

Postby owenshooter on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:19 pm

here we go again... sooo, why isn't this stickied in every section of the forum, just the GD? shocked this isn't in places like announcements or the foundry or the SOC... just seems like an announcement as big as this would be... you know... in announcements and not just sticked in the GD, where the mods seem to have an enormous erection for making all kinds of sticky threads... sounds cool, sounds great, sounds like SPAM, just seems like this would be in announcements or stickied at the top of every sub forum... i have a dream, that one day, mods will be able to place announcements and pet threads in the correct area of the forum, and not just use GD as a general dumping ground...-Jésus noir

p.s.-so glad i don't use facebook... i sense a lot of CC users losing friends as their walls turn to CC spam...

the black jesus has a dream...
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby greenmind0428 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:15 pm

2dimes wrote:What ever happened to consumer protection laws?

Being in marketing, I'm pretty aware of these and nothing seems to violate them that I can see. This action is voluntary and no purchase is necessary to win.

If someone is willing to set up multiple Facebook aliases using multiple fake e-mail addresses and then use a content management software to repost Conquer Club content to each of them, they might have bigger issues than alienating other consumers.
Private 1st Class greenmind0428

Postby Serbia on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:04 pm

No thanks!

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Re: Win up to 6 YEARS by SPAMMING on Facebook!!!

Postby TeeGee on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:47 pm

owenshooter wrote:here we go again... sooo, why isn't this stickied in every section of the forum, just the GD? shocked this isn't in places like announcements or the foundry or the SOC... just seems like an announcement as big as this would be... you know... in announcements and not just sticked in the GD, where the mods seem to have an enormous erection for making all kinds of sticky threads... sounds cool, sounds great, sounds like SPAM, just seems like this would be in announcements or stickied at the top of every sub forum... i have a dream, that one day, mods will be able to place announcements and pet threads in the correct area of the forum, and not just use GD as a general dumping ground...-Jésus noir

p.s.-so glad i don't use facebook... i sense a lot of CC users losing friends as their walls turn to CC spam...

the black jesus has a dream...

Actually owen, you are correct and this was meant to be a global announcement and not just stickied in GD, I clicked the wrong button :)

Yes, I know, sometimes I do appear remotely human.
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby hopalong on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:35 pm

the link to this spam ended up in my clan - please remove. i thought i paid premium to avoid advertisements?
Major hopalong

Postby hopalong on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:48 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Subject: Win up to 6 YEARS PREMIUM

hopalong wrote:the link to this spam ended up in my clan - please remove. i thought i paid premium to avoid advertisements?

When you see someone trying to do something to promote the site, you could try to help instead of trying to tear him down.

spanks, socialite head.
Major hopalong

Postby 2dimes on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:52 pm

greenmind0428 wrote:
2dimes wrote:What ever happened to consumer protection laws?

Being in marketing, I'm pretty aware of these and nothing seems to violate them that I can see. This action is voluntary and no purchase is necessary to win.

If someone is willing to set up multiple Facebook aliases using multiple fake e-mail addresses and then use a content management software to repost Conquer Club content to each of them, they might have bigger issues than alienating other consumers.

There is no number large enough to represent the odds of winning all 6 years. There should be a penalty for claiming you could " Win up to 6 YEARS PREMIUM".
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby nietzsche on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:29 am

Army of GOD wrote:good luck with 6 years of premium, by the 3rd year the only people who will be on this site are me, nietzsche and saxi

lol, I was thinking the same the other day, that by the end, when there are no more people to troll, make fun of and insult, saxi, you and me will attack each other in a thread.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Armandolas on Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:02 am

hopalong wrote:the link to this spam ended up in my clan - please remove. i thought i paid premium to avoid advertisements?

this
Colonel Armandolas

Postby codierose on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:13 am

TeeGee wrote:6 Years worth of premium prizes to be won

You heard me right, 6 YEARS

Every month for the next 6 months we are giving one lucky user a FREE 1 Year premium membership

Is there a catch? Maybe... To be eligible all you have to do is share our facebook posts on your own facebook wall. For every post that you share that month you will score 1 ticket in the draw, the more tickets you have the greater your chance to win. On the last day of each month I will randomly select 1 ticket and that user will win 1 years membership.

Our Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/ConquerClub Like us, share and win

What is Facebook posts and Facebook walls. How do you do it if you wanted to
How do you keep track of of shared posts.
Lieutenant codierose

Postby glide on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:20 am

Most of our Xi members pay for premium. This spam should NOT be posted in our private forum.
Gatekeeper, and Proud Member of XI Games
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Location: 7km outside the thriving metropolis of Centreville, New Brunswick!

Postby Trevor33 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:52 am

Why the f*ck is this spamy crap on the top of my clans forum page?

This is the sort of shit that would prevent me from renewing my sub. Appreciate the need to advertise, also don't care about the competition but I don't want to see it on top of a 'private' forum.
Major Trevor33

Postby Robespierre__ on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:19 am

Guys ... that link at the top of the Forum page is super unobtrusive. Cut them a little slack as they try to attract more members. I don't want to post to FB either, but I understand the motivation to get us to do so. More members is good for all of us. Especially for Hop since he is always looking for new friends.

Robes
Last edited by Robespierre__ on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Robespierre__

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:34 am

trevor33 wrote:Why the f*ck is this spamy crap on the top of my clans forum page?

This is the sort of shit that would prevent me from renewing my sub. Appreciate the need to advertise, also don't care about the competition but I don't want to see it on top of a 'private' forum.

The system only has two options for announcements. Local announcements that only show up in one forum, or global announcements that show up in all forums. There's no middle ground, there's no option to pick and choose which forums it should go to. It's either one or all.

Given the fact that not everybody goes to GD, where this was originally posted, and the fact that we need to reach as many members as possible, TeeGee decided to send it global. I think it was the right call.
Robespierre__ wrote:Guys ... that link at the top of the Forum page is super unobtrusive. Cut them a little slack as they try to attract more members. I don't want to post to FB either, but I understand the motivation to get us to do so. More members is good for all of us. Especially Hop since he is always looking for new friends.

Robes

Thanks, Robes! At least somebody understands. We're all in this boat together. Personally, I hate Facebook, but I opened an FB account anyway, and I regularly post CC links. It's just a matter of doing what I can to get some fresh blood into this site and make something happen. We have to get more members in here or there won't be any site left for us to bitch about. One extra thread in your forum, is it a major sacrifice?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby stahrgazer on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:55 pm

glide wrote:Most of our Xi members pay for premium. This spam should NOT be posted in our private forum.

While I can agree with this sentiment that this announcement may not belong in your clan's forum, it's the way the site is programmed, as Duk explained.

Therefore the next question is, which improvements are more important to you: taking coding time to reprogram this global feature - assuming they agree to do so - or take coding time to incorporate some of the hundreds of suggestions folks have asked for?

Personally I hate that my clan's forum is several layers/clicks deep now and I'd rather see them fix that back than worry about this link - unless they start making so many global announcements that this section becomes super obtrusive.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby notyou2 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:17 pm

Armandolas wrote:

this

You broke down and paid? I thought you were looking for someone to gift you premium.
Captain notyou2

Postby Armandolas on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:54 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Armandolas wrote:

this

You broke down and paid? I thought you were looking for someone to gift you premium.

Some nice guy allready did it for me.
Colonel Armandolas

Postby JamesKer1 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:24 pm

glide wrote:Most of our Xi members pay for premium. This spam should NOT be posted in our private forum.

It's in the mod forums as well (oh wait, are those a secret?), so don't worry, we aren't excluded either in OUR private forums. However, going back to Duk's point- it's either all or nothing, and all seems like a much better option.

It's one little link that will get out of the way soon enough. I'm sure this has been used at least a few other times in the history of CC with more excess than it is now, whether by accident or intentionally. TeeGee made the right move here, cut him some slack. He wouldn't have done it if it wasn't necessary.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:35 pm

In-site advertising isn't spam and even if you pay premium, you have to put up with it. It would be worse if they put a ticker on the top of the site on all pages announcing news :lol: . Most forum sites do global announcements for competitions and such. Although, I do know some allow you to choose which forums see the announcement but I don't think that's a default choice on phpBB. Really, it's not that annoying, in fact, I didn't notice it in our clan forum at first. I thought that was to be expected that you would have announcements now and then . If you guys actually cared about seeing CC survive so you can play here, you'd not be complaining. :P
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Next

Return to Announcement Archives