Conquer Club

[RL7] Random League 7 [WINNER:OSA] [MVP: emilywink]

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [RL7] Random League 7 - Round 12

Postby uckuki on Tue May 02, 2017 9:39 am

scores updated
http://challonge.com/RandomLeagueVII/standings

complete through round 8. round 9 & 10 have 3 matches active, 1 game each

reminders sent for missing games/players.
Colonel uckuki

Re: [RL7] Random League 7 - Round 13 this weekend

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon May 08, 2017 11:12 am

Major ViperOverLord

Re: [RL7] Random League 7 - Round 13 this weekend

Postby uckuki on Fri May 19, 2017 11:56 pm

Round 14 this weekend
Colonel uckuki

Re: [RL7] Random League 7 - Last Round

Postby uckuki on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:27 am

Last Round starts tomorrow
Colonel uckuki

Postby benga on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Sergeant benga

Postby benga on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:11 am

benga wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=showclanwar&ClanWarId=2679

still one game ongoing

game finished, end result is 8-4
Sergeant benga

Postby willedtowin1 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:59 pm

GO GO GO OSA!

Mighty Battle with the Fallen...............
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... WarId=2724
May the Schwartz be with you...
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby willedtowin1 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Also........
Thanks for the Efforts of continuing this fun Random League Championships
Sir uckuki...

Most Grateful
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby benga on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:30 am

We are still waiting for fall to make their games
Sergeant benga

Postby IcePack on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 pm

benga wrote:We are still waiting for fall to make their games

Thanks for contacting me, they should be created + invited now
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby uckuki on Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Colonel uckuki

Postby willedtowin1 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Colonel willedtowin1

Postby GoranZ on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:59 pm

uckuki wrote:VII. Players
- Maximum 4 games per player, 2 Home 2 Away. Teams can negotiate to remove the home/away split
- Organizers will not count participants. Teams have to notify us if there is a violation
- Offended team will have a choice of selecting game(s) in violation to be remade, or to leave things as they are#
- 1 Clan rule in effect ā€“ a player can play for only one clan during competition
- For a player to be eligible for medal standard rulings are enforced
# Rule amendment: teams need to notice the violation and make their decision on time, before the end of Round 1 at the latest.

FALL vs GON ended 5:7 but 3 of GON players(Ragot25,Frank Marteljusplay4fun) have 3/5 games(the players have second, third and fourth winning percentage for GON). It turn out that this was probably the main reason why FALL lost that match and with that RL. In my eyes it will be fair for some matches to be replayed so the winning clan will have clean undisputed title.
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... WarId=2587
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
General GoranZ

Postby Keefie on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:06 pm

GoranZ wrote:
- Maximum 4 games per player, 2 Home 2 Away. Teams can negotiate to remove the home/away split
- Organizers will not count participants. Teams have to notify us if there is a violation
- Offended team will have a choice of selecting game(s) in violation to be remade, or to leave things as they are#
- 1 Clan rule in effect ā€“ a player can play for only one clan during competition
# Rule amendment: teams need to notice the violation and make their decision on time, before the end of Round 1 at the latest.

FALL vs GON ended 5:7 but 3 of GON players(Ragot25,Frank Marteljusplay4fun) have 3/5 games(the players have second, third and fourth winning percentage for GON). It turn out that this was probably the main reason why FALL lost that match and with that RL. In my eyes it will be fair for some matches to be replayed so the winning clan will have clean undisputed title.

Was this raised at the time ? It's up to clan leaders to check that their opposition is abiding by the rules.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby josko.ri on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:50 pm

This match was played more than 7 months ago so you could see at that time and report breaking of the rules. You did it only now when you see that you lost the race for title in direct match vs OSA.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby IcePack on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:29 am

Just got back home, and looks like we lost Ardennes. :( Congrats to OSA, well played and hard fought battles
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby benga on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:11 am

With all ups and downs we somehow managed to stay at top, unbeaten :D

Every round one of my clanmates made the pull so we have that minimum win of 7-5.
In the last round we had Tiberius Maximus, our hero, that made this whole year worthwhile.

Thanks IP and thanks all for the fun year!
The fight was hard & tough!
Sergeant benga

Postby GoranZ on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:57 am

Keefie wrote:
GoranZ wrote:

Was this raised at the time ? It's up to clan leaders to check that their opposition is abiding by the rules.

All depends how on time is defined... we reported it when we notice it. Its not that we have abundance of time to check every clan for not playing according to the rules.

josko.ri wrote:This match was played more than 7 months ago so you could see at that time and report breaking of the rules. You did it only now when you see that you lost the race for title in direct match vs OSA.

Its not that we lost in our duel vs OSA :lol: In reality we were as close to winning it as for them to draw it. The problem was that we were little bit further from winning it then they were from drawing it.
I hope you realize how lame is the excuse "you notice it too late" since we are talking about 25% disputed games in our match with GON. Thats like mixing West with South.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

General GoranZ

Postby Keefie on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:11 pm

GoranZ wrote:
Keefie wrote:
GoranZ wrote:

All depends how on time is defined... we reported it when we notice it. Its not that we have abundance of time to check every clan for not playing according to the rules.

josko.ri wrote:This match was played more than 7 months ago so you could see at that time and report breaking of the rules. You did it only now when you see that you lost the race for title in direct match vs OSA.

Its not that we lost in our duel vs OSA :lol: In reality we were as close to winning it as for them to draw it. The problem was that we were little bit further from winning it then they were from drawing it.
I hope you realize how lame is the excuse "you notice it too late" since we are talking about 25% disputed games in our match with GON. Thats like mixing West with South.

Goran,

As with Clan League, if a game is to be remade the issue should be raised with the TO as early as possible, usually before the end of round 1 or 2. Days, weeks and months later isn't going to cut any ice with anyone. Sorry mate, you missed the bus with this.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby GoranZ on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Keefie wrote:Goran,

As with Clan League, if a game is to be remade the issue should be raised with the TO as early as possible, usually before the end of round 1 or 2. Days, weeks and months later isn't going to cut any ice with anyone. Sorry mate, you missed the bus with this.

CL is HUGE difference... we were forfeited a game for making a non intentional mistake with TOP(I believe GON has done non intentional mistake also). I know this because josko.ri was very unhappy with that ruling of game forfeit.
Here in RL there is no even game remade, thus I will dispute the RL outcome and I will be correct ;)
After all 1/4 problematic games is surprisingly huge percentage. As for comparison acceptable industrial mistake is still single digit percent.

General GoranZ

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:33 pm

GoranZ wrote:

CL is HUGE difference... we were forfeited a game for making a non intentional mistake with TOP(I believe GON has done non intentional mistake also). I know this because josko.ri was very unhappy with that ruling of game forfeit.
Here in RL there is no even game remade, thus I will dispute the RL outcome and I will be correct ;)
After all 1/4 problematic games is surprisingly huge percentage. As for comparison acceptable industrial mistake is still single digit percent.

TOP noticed the mistake immediately while you noticed the mistake after 7 months. THAT is huge difference. And timing of you report sounds like that was your plan B. If you win ardennes then nobody ever knows for this but if you lose ardnnes then you desperately try to win on this cheap way. Or why else is timing of your report just a day after the ardennes was lost?
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby GoranZ on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:06 pm

josko.ri wrote:
GoranZ wrote:

TOP noticed the mistake immediately while you noticed the mistake after 7 months. THAT is huge difference. And timing of you report sounds like that was your plan B. If you win ardennes then nobody ever knows for this but if you lose ardnnes then you desperately try to win on this cheap way. Or why else is timing of your report just a day after the ardennes was lost?

I believe I posted when I notice the mistake...
GoranZ wrote:
Keefie wrote:Was this raised at the time ? It's up to clan leaders to check that their opposition is abiding by the rules.

As with any war I'm making quick overview what we could have done better(what lessons need to be learned). Obviously there were not a lot of lessons for the matches with OSA, S&M and ATL so I went with GON since I expected to find a lot of lessons there(or maybe not ;) ).
Anyway I doubt FALL has resources or willingness to monitor all clans in RL for rules violations. The interesting thing is that even if we redo the whole event now we will still not check other clans for rules violations.
This shows what FALL(and probably 95% of other clans) do or better said don't do, but more importantly shows the abundance of flaws Random League have atm.

General GoranZ

Postby Robespierre__ on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:58 pm

Come on GoranZ ..... show some class. You are better than to complain about this -- especially after the time Uckuki spent putting this together. You all should beat GON with their playing their best players in every game.

Robes
Colonel Robespierre__

Postby benga on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:35 am

Fun fact
FALL-OSA
rcfritz 3/5
:)

Robespierre__ wrote:Come on GoranZ ..... show some class. You are better than to complain about this -- especially after the time Uckuki spent putting this together. You all should beat GON with their playing their best players in every game.

Robes

forgot about uckuki and Keefie running the whole thing

thanks guys!
Sergeant benga

Postby Auger13 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:11 am

Interesting point Benga - its on the clans (ourselves included) to better monitor themselves & their opponents, I am sure it was not on purpose, mistakes happen sometimes. We clearly missed the deadline for reporting this.. The rules posted that show this are below and were copied from Goran's post: It is far after the end of Round 1 of those games now.

I have deleted some parts of the quote to show only the parts that pertain to this issue to hopefully reduce confusion.

Major Auger13

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges