Conquer Club

Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (11-13) FINAL

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (4-5)

Postby andre the giant on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:11 am

The battle raged on. The warriors were all dismounted now, many knocked off their steeds. Andre searched the battlefield and found jpcloet. He smiled as he slashed and shoved his way to face him. The two locked in a ferocious but brief battle that ended when Andre struck several sharp blows, knocking his opponent's sword out of his hand. But before he could finish jpcloet off, friendly1 and mrpicklepepper came riding to his rescue. Andre was joined by rileychris and Donkey, but the Legion quickly gained the upper hand.

Elsewhere, Germwarfare, his "Arms Race" weapons running out of fuel, became disgusted with the Warlord's lack of interest in fighting him. He simply walked off the battlefield. Iz Man thought about joining him after being severely bloodied by his first two opponents, but Izzy, always the glutton for punishment, wiped the blood from his face, took a sip of whiskey from a small flask, and charged right back into the battle. Slowly, the Warlords were battling their way back to an even score, but the Legion of the Damned were not going to make it easy.

During a short break in the action, vorm looked off to the west. At the edge of his sight he saw a lone warrior, sitting on a pale horse. He was dressed in strange attire. He seemed to be observing the fight. vorm checked on his comrades, who were keeping their opponents busy for the moment, and rode off to challenge the stranger. "Who are you?" he asked. The man answered, "Tis none of your concern, yet. Soon enough, you will know my name, and that of my clan, The Regulators." Vorm saw steely determination in the man's eyes and knew that the Warlords would get very little rest before their next war. "Where will we find you?" he asked cooly. The man replied, "Don't worry, we will find you." "Until then stranger, safe journey. We will see you on the battlefield." Vorm said. With that, Vorm returned to the action and left the stranger there, watching, motionless, looking like a statue on the bleak landscape.
Captain andre the giant

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (4-5)

Postby heatz on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:17 pm

won game 3471583

now i won both 1v1's on AoR2 :D
Cook heatz

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned 5-7)

Postby jpcloet on Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:39 pm

Captain jpcloet

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned 8-11)

Postby andre the giant on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:34 pm

The battlefield was stained crimson from the blood of all the fierce warriors. The Warlords were tired. The incessant battle with no liquid refreshment was taking its toll. Andre and rjp0305 sat at the edge of the battlefield, their armor stained with blood and earth. Their clashes were over. "You fought some good battles rjp. Unfortunately, I think we are defeated." Andre said. Rjp replied, "'tis true. I don't think we can overcome the supernatural abilities of the Damned... Still, it was one hell of a fight." Rjp smiled as he looked to his right, off in the distance, Cheyco fought valiantly against his foe. Elsewhere, several of the Damned swarmed around Iz Man and Vorm, Brooksie and tcichon. They were losing on one front, while winning on the other. The battles were winding down now. And the Legion of the Damned could taste the victory. It made them fight with even greater aggression.

"Well Andre, shall we head back to camp? When the battle is over, nothing will lighten their spirits like a freshly tapped keg of Hefeweizen." Andre smiled and replied, "That is a great idea, and of course, we will need to check the beer for proper carbonation, taste... It may require several mugs..."
Captain andre the giant

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned 8-11)

Postby andre the giant on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:15 am

Vorm looked and saw Andre and rjp walking towards camp. He turned to Brooksie and said, "look at those a$$holes! Where do they think they are going? Andre can drink a keg all by himself, and rjp hasn't met a mug of beer he can't make disappear." Brooksie replied, "Damn it! By the time we return to camp, all of the beer will be gone! Come on Warlords, let's make these final battles count!" With that, vorm sent his sword crashing down on bigboybrent, knocking him out of the fight. Cheyco went on a rampage, slashing and hacking at Moneymatt until there was little left. Elsewhere, Donkey and rileychris fought valiantly, keeping some of the Damned tied up. The remaining Warlords were fighting with a purpose... fighting to return to camp while there was still beer. Vorm's expression became steely as he saw Andre and rjp disappear over the hilltop.
Captain andre the giant

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned 9-12)

Postby jpcloet on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:23 pm

A nice close battle, and very well organized.

WOW takes http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=3469943

LOD is finishing off http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=3422175

WOW should take http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=3422180

Which makes it 13-11 LOD, well played to all and this was fun.

All this talk about beer, I'm going to have to raise my glass to both clans here. =D>
Captain jpcloet

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned 10-13)

Postby andre the giant on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:00 am

Dang... if I hadn't totally screwed the pooch in my singles game, we might have tied this thing. :S

Good Clanwar everyone! I'll write up a final installment as soon as my clanmates finish off the quads game.

CHEERS to LOD and WOTW!
Captain andre the giant

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (11-13) FINAL

Postby andre the giant on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:28 pm

The Warlords returned to camp, bloodied, tired and ready for a little rest. Vorm arrived just in time to see Andre downing the last of the Hefeweizen. "figures" he muttered. tcichon shoved his sword in the soft earth and placed his helmet on top of it. He then sat down on a log by the fire and closed his eyes. Iz Man poured a couple mugs of beer and carried one over to tcichon. "They fought like demons. It was truely a good fight. It could have gone either way." Andre staggered over and said, "If I hadn't been knocked off my steed on our first charge..." his drunken diatribe drifted away into mindless babbling. Vorm, having poured a mug of porter, walked up to address the men. "Listen, we fought with honor, and pride. While we may be licking our wounds, the Damned are surely licking theirs as well. It was a good war. We have nothing to be ashamed about. But we must look ahead. On our journey home, we are likely to run across a group that calls themselves the Regulators. We may have to fight our way home. Are you warriors up to the task??"

The Warlords grumbled a bit. Vorm then had a stroke of genius. "Chowdah, how many kegs to we have left?" Chowdah peeked into the tent and responded, "looks like there are 11... no 10 kegs left."

"10 kegs..." vorm sighed. "now how long do you think we can last on 10 kegs?" "Brooksie turned to Greycloak and muttered, "I doubt that will last the week." "Precisely. That is my point." vorm continued. "We don't have time to brew more beer, we will never find a decent ale in territory that is damned as this. Our only hope is to fight our way home, where we have cellars full of the stuff."

The Warlords all nodded in agreement, realizing how dire their situation was.

"So, what say ye?" vorm asked.

Donkey responded, with a growl, "Let's ride!" With that, the Warlords packed up the camp. As they left the smoldering battlefield, Andre turned to rileychris and said, "You know, this place isn't so bad. Maybe someday we'll come back here. It would be a lovely place for a summer home." The Warlords all let out a laugh as they passed out of the territory of the Legion of the Damned, and started the arduous journey home.

THE END
Last edited by andre the giant on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain andre the giant

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (11-13) FINAL

Postby Gold Knight on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:46 pm

=D> Best of luck, The Regulators will be a piece of cake compared to us... :D
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Previous

Return to Complete Challenges