Conquer Club

Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (11-13) FINAL

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (11-13) FINAL

Postby andre the giant on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:06 pm

WOTW 11 - 13 LOD FINAL

Good Clanwar guys! Congrats on the win!

Singles games (1v1)
(Warlords home)
Game 3421385 LOD WIN
Game 3421346
LOD WIN
Game 3421729LOD WIN
Game 3425300 WOTW WIN
Game 3426776 LOD WIN
Game 3465359 LOD WIN
(LOD home)
Game 3469943 WOTW WIN
Game 3471583 LOD WIN
Game 3475446 WOTW WIN
Game 3422130 LOD WIN
Game 3422133 WOTW WIN
Game 3422135 WOTW WIN

Doubles games
(Warlords home)
Game 3421714 WOTW WIN
Game 3426782 LOD WIN
Game 3443045 WOTW WIN

(LOD home)
Game 3422157 LOD WIN
Game 3422169 WOTW WIN
Game 3422172 LOD WIN

Triples games
(Warlords home)
Game 3422126 WOTW WIN
Game 3423758 LOD WIN
(LOD home)
Game 3422175 LOD WIN
Game 3422178 LOD WIN

Quads games
(Warlords home)
Game 3421553 WOTW WIN
(LOD home)
Game 3422180 WOTW WIN
Last edited by andre the giant on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 59 times in total.
Captain andre the giant

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned.

Postby andre the giant on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:11 pm

The Warlords of the Wort have challenged the Legion of the Damned to a small scale clan war. LOD has accepted. We will be fighting 24 games on a variety of maps. It breaks down like this...

12 singles games
6 doubles games
4 triples games
2 quads games

LOD will be setting up half the games, WOTW will set up the other half. Any map can be used with any setting with the following exceptions. No unlimited fortification on 1v1 games, and no freestyle.

I'm sure we will have a lively and spirited battle. WOTW looks forward to the battle, and the flagon of mead that awaits us after each battle is fought.
Captain andre the giant

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (0-0)

Postby jpcloet on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:02 pm

Best of luck, maybe we can share a pint (or more) or your home brew once this battle is complete! :D
Captain jpcloet

Postby andre the giant on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:35 pm

Inspired by LFAW and his stories, I decided to create one for this epic battle. Please bear with me...

After a long fought battle with ++The Legion++, the Warlords returned to their camp. Weary from the battle, but full of pride, their first stop in camp was the beer cooler. Within a matter of minutes, the sounds of laughter and celebration echoed through the forest. One night of celebration turned into two, then three... soon, the Warlords had been celebrating for weeks, enjoying their home brewed beverages, and the company of many of the local maidens. One evening, Iz Man tapped a keg of barleywine. Andre was working on his 10th mug of the wonderful nectar when his world went dark.

The dark silence was shattered by the sound of an approaching horse. Andre's eyes slowly fluttered open. He looked around at the camp, which was littered with the evidence of the previous nights libations. vorm sat alone, tending the fire. ScottS stepped out of his tent, wiping the sleep out of his eyes. "What's going on?" he asked. Vorm answered with a shrug. "Someone is coming. He's alone. I figured Greycloak could take care of him if need be." Vorm gestured to Greycloak, who was snoring loudly. Donkey, rjp0305 and Brooksie all began to stir as a result of the commotion. "Who is that?" Brooksie asked through a yawn. "It can't be..." vorm said, squinting at the figure. "As I live and breathe... It's tcichon!" At that, everyone in camp was on their feet.

Tcichon hopped down off his trusty steed and waded into the crowd of warlords, shaking hands and greeting his clan-mates. Chowdah, who was the newest member of the clan, looked somewhat confused as he leaned to Donkey and asked, "Who is this tcichon fellow?" "Tcichon is a great warrior/brewer who disappeared from our ranks some time ago. He has become somewhat of a legend, traveling the countryside, fighting glorious battles." Vorm approached tcichon, handed him a mug of doppelbock and asked him, "what brings you to our camp?" Tcichon said, " For months I have wandered the wastelands, fighting whoever I could, and at one point I heard a story... a story that really intrigued me..."

"One of my opponents mentioned a legend about a group of incredible warriors that lived in the middle of the great wasteland to the east. The legend claims that these warriors are damned to a fate of perpetual battle. Because of this, they have developed fighting skills that some consider supernatural. You know me, I love a challenge, but he said that if I was going to visit the wasteland, I would need a group of warriors, for a single warrior cannot stand against 'The Damned.' I thought this kind of adventure would be perfect for the Warlords, who fear nothing... aside from a shortage of beer. So here I am, asking you to accompany me in this honorable mission."

Vorm smiled. " Who among you is willing to undertake this dangerous journey." The Warlords looked at each other with blood-lust in their eyes. One by one, they stepped forward and said, "I will." Vorm gave tcichon a firm handshake and said, "we are with you, brother."

Andre turned to Cheyco with a gleam in his eye... "time to load up the mini-kegs. It looks like we have a long journey ahead of us."

... to be continued...
Captain andre the giant

Postby Gold Knight on Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:03 pm

Good story, though I think you better sober up as we dont find it easy running over a bunch of drunks. :D
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby MarVal on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:13 pm

Good luck to both of the Clans :twisted:

And let the battle begin :mrgreen:

Grtz
MarVal
Corporal MarVal

Postby jpcloet on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:06 pm

FYI - First LOD home singles is 3420544, you've listed my game twice.
Captain jpcloet

Postby GrimReaper. on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:25 pm

here we go
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
Private GrimReaper.

Postby GrimReaper. on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:26 pm

great story u should write a book
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
Private GrimReaper.

Postby heatz on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:00 pm

gg andre!!

AoR2 is ours!!!!

lod 1v0 warlords of the wort
Cook heatz

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (0-1)

Postby andre the giant on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:12 pm

Grrr. Its like my brain didn't even show up to that game. :D GG. I'll try to actually put up a fight next time. #-o
Captain andre the giant

Postby jpcloet on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:53 am

Warlords took singles game Game 3422135 on Tamriel

However, I countered with Game 3422130 on Waterloo

And looks like Boss just took Game 3426776 for LOD as well.
Captain jpcloet

Postby heatz on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:37 pm

go lod!!! :twisted:
Cook heatz

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (1-3)

Postby andre the giant on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:16 am

...More of the story... since the scoreboard is looking kinda sad right now. :D

As the Warlords traveled East, they ventured into ++Legion++'s territory and spent an evening sharing stories of the recent clan war, and large quantities of beer. The next day the Warlords mounted their horses and, with a wave, said goodbye to LFAW, Lindax, ralphctc and the others. They continued down the eastern road, through several other kingdoms. Andre was sure to issue a challenge to each clan they met. Some challenges were met with interest (Immortal Assassins) and some were met with mindless babbling, (the Untouchables.)

As they ventured farther, the lush vegetation gave way to scrubby trees, then to dead trees. The Warlords set up camp next to a dark pond. In the distance, an iron maiden hung from a tree, the bones of some poor soul still imprisoned there. rileychris turned to vorm, the Warlord's supreme overlord, and said, "Looks pretty bleak." Vorm smiled grimly, "Its as if this entire area was laid to waste and never recovered." Greycloak walked over to the campfire. "I checked out the ornaments hanging over there. It looks like we've reached the border of 'the Damned' territory. There are more over there." He pointed over his shoulder, but the other iron maidens were obscured by the fog and smoke. Tcichon popped open a keg of cask conditioned Belgian trippel and said, "Gentlemen, I think we will soon be locked in battle. Some may fall. So drink!" The Warlords filled their glasses, one by one, and filled the evening with toasting and merriment.

The next morning, the Warlords awoke and prepared for battle. Swords and battle axes were sharpened. Shields were polished. It was around 11 when Brooksie sounded the alarm from his scout post. Horsemen were approaching.

Iz Man looked at his comrades in arms and said, "Well boys, let's mount up! Its showtime!"
Captain andre the giant

Postby Iz Man on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:45 pm

andre the giant wrote:Iz Man looked at his comrades in arms and said, "Well boys, let's mount up! Its showtime!"
.....and then started contemplating lame-ass excuses on why he seems to keep losing in this clan war......

However, the war is still young.......and there's always beer Image
"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
-Kaiser Wilhelm II
Lieutenant Iz Man

Postby jpcloet on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:02 pm

Another one in the books for LOD

Game 3421346
Captain jpcloet

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (1-4)

Postby jpcloet on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:35 pm

WOW take Game 3422169 Well played.
Captain jpcloet

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (2-4)

Postby andre the giant on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:16 pm

...Through the swirling mist, a shadowy figure appeared. Brooksie tensed, Donkey adjusted his grip on his broadsword, its leather grip creaking. The shadow was joined by another, then another. Fierce, burning eyes peered out from their leader. Vorm took a look at tcichon and said, "why are we doing this again?" "For the adventure?" tcichon replied. "Adventure? What could be more adventurous than fighting a bunch of damned souls?" Andre said, giving tcichon an elbow to the ribs.

The Legion of the Damned formed a perfect line, 50 feet in front of the Warlords. They were quite intimidating. Their leader, jpcloet, spurred his horse forward, so he was slightly in front of the others and announced, "You are at the edge of our territory... what are your intentions?" "We all have to die sometime." Vorm said to the Warlords as he spurred his horse forward. "We are here to engage you in battle. We have heard that you are fearsome warriors." jpcloet looked to the Damned on either side of him, then back to Vorm. "We will fight you, and win."

Andre chuckled, turned to Iz Man and said, "He seems pretty confident. Let's kill him first." The Warlords broke out into nervous laughter. Vorm turned to the Warlords and searched their eyes. There was some apprehension, but he saw something else. He saw the gleam in their eyes... the gleam of veteran warriors that long for the sounds of battle. Vorm turned back to jpcloet and said, "You're on!"

Each group rode away from each other until there was a good distance between the two groups. The Warlords could barely see the shadowy figures through the mist and smoke. Vorm turned to the Warlords and said, "Here goes nothing!" and they began to ride forward. In the distance, the Legion of the Damned began to ride forward as well. The horses started in a walk, then a trot, then a full run. The distance was closing quickly. Swords were drawn, axes raised. And in one split second, the sounds of clanging armor and swords filled the air.

Andre was instantly knocked from his horse. Shaking his head to clear the cobwebs, wiping the blood from his cheek, he saw his assailant, heatz, riding away. Andre looked around and saw Chowdah, Greycloak and Iz Man had the same fate. "I'd rather fight on the ground anyways!" Chowdah said through gritted teeth as he ran into the fray. Towards the edge of the melee, they saw LOD's Germwarfare, by himself, wielding strange unfamiliar weapons. Everytime he moved towards a Warlord, they would turn to fight someone else. "Why will no one fight me!?" he said in anger. "They are afraid of your 'Arms Race" weaponry, Germ." Mrpicklepepper laughed, but was then attacked from behind. The battle was beginning in earnest.

Blood was starting to flow...
Captain andre the giant

Postby friendly1 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:40 am

Very nicely done with the story Andre, please keep the saga flowing!!

Good luck LOD and WoW!

friendly1
Sergeant 1st Class friendly1

Postby bigboybrent on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:49 am

Yes Yes please continue [-o<

I'm at the edge of my seat waiting for the next installment =D> =D> =D>
Corporal 1st Class bigboybrent

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (2-5)

Postby andre the giant on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:36 pm

... the battle continued. The Warlords suffered several defeats and had few successes. Iz Man was bruised and bleeding, but continued to fight anyone he could engage. Hope seemed to be fleeting for the Warlords, who seemed on the verge of being soundly defeated. And just as the Warlords thought it couldn't be any worse, the earth shook. Cards were turned into "spoils", dice were turned into unrecognizable numeric dice, fortifications became "reinforcements, clickable maps failed, attacks were turned into "assaults." And the classic map turned into the ugliest piece of sh!t anyone could possibly imagine.

It was as if the Warlord's entire world was turned upside down. Andre's head was spinning. He shook his head thinking he had consumed too much beer the night before. But then he realized that everyone, even the almighty Legion of the Damned, were dazed and confused by the events unfolding before their eyes. There was a pause in the battle. Weapons were lowered, blood dripping from the blades of their swords. Quiet filled the air. Warriors looked at each other, apprehensive, not about their opponents, but concerned that their world might tear asunder. After what seemed like an eternity of silence, the fear began to recede from friendly1's eyes. "Vah!" he cried. Everyone looked at him, Warlords and Damned. Laughter soon broke out. And for several moments, the warriors all enjoyed a moment of peace. "NOW...Where were we!" With that, he swung his sword with all his might and it came crashing down on Donkey's shield. Donkey responded with a slash of his axe. Activity resumed in an instant, and it was as if nothing had ever happened. (Except that the classic map still sucks.)
Captain andre the giant

Postby vorm on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:10 am

LMAO.... I like how you worked that into the story. =D>
Warlords of the Wort - Prepare to be Mashed!
Major vorm

Postby andre the giant on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:11 pm

Hey LOD, the final WOTW home doubles game has been posted. The password is same as other WOTW games. Lets get a couple of LOD'ers in there and start playing, whenever you are ready.

Game 3443045 NEW

ALSO, a new singles game has been created to round out WOTW's share.

Game 3465359
Captain andre the giant

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (3-5)

Postby Gold Knight on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:07 pm

Ummm, I like the part, ummm, where you like, ummm, said the, ummmm, classic map, uhh, sucks... :lol:
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Re: Warlords of the Wort vs. Legion of the Damned (3-5)

Postby jpcloet on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:02 pm

All WOW and LOD games have been created. LOD should be joining tonight and the replacement singles have been sent (3)
Captain jpcloet

Next

Return to Complete Challenges