Conquer Club

Clan League: Season 2 (2009-2010) - LOW Champions

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan League: Season 2 (2009-2010) - Tables & Results

Postby Masli on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:01 am

show: Week29-Results
Colonel Masli

Postby jpcloet on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:27 am

Well clearly I estimated wrong in the timing of playoffs. They will be delayed 1-2 weeks likely. Nice to see a big finish to the regular season. Every game counts don't they?
Captain jpcloet

Postby nagerous on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:42 am

jpcloet wrote:Nice, usually start with H2H, looks like TSM has them by a single game there. Don't leave it to a tie.......go for the knockout....

Not displaying any bias at all there then? ;)
Captain nagerous

Postby jpcloet on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:39 am

Let's see,

TSM has a thread about how they (might be a few, might be many) hate me, although It probably hasn't been updated for a while)
BPB won't join the CLA and like to spite me, although Fruitcake hasn't chewed me out in a while.

I don't think I have a bias one way or the other than I'd rather not have it come down to tie.
Captain jpcloet

Postby Fruitcake on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:36 am

jpcloet wrote:Let's see,

TSM has a thread about how they (might be a few, might be many) hate me, although It probably hasn't been updated for a while)
BPB won't join the CLA and like to spite me, although Fruitcake hasn't chewed me out in a while.

I don't think I have a bias one way or the other than I'd rather not have it come down to tie.

Hey JP....you know it's tough at the top.

However and whatever our differences, this League has certainly been an enjoyable experience and you can mark us down for next year (if we still exist ;) )

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:28 pm

Fruitcake wrote:

Hey JP....you know it's tough at the top.

However and whatever our differences, this League has certainly been an enjoyable experience and you can mark us down for next year (if we still exist ;) )

The day bpb stop existing will be a cold day in hell. Don't you know owen is itching to get back the forums.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby Eyestone on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:26 pm

Haven't seen anyone metioning this yet, but it seems like LOTZ will end up on the exact same amount of wins and losses as SOW, so they will share the second place in div 2B. Any clever solutions to decide who will be chosen to proceed to the playoffs? A tie-breaker? Or best result against the winner of the league, perhaps? 8-)
General Eyestone

Postby Georgerx7di on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:15 pm

We have a thread that I started, komplaining about the last ladder, whikh was terrible in most people's eyes btw. Seeing as you somehow have aksess (my "see" button doesn't work) to our forum, you will notiss that there are posts in whikh there are good things said about you too. Nobody hates you, I was just komplaining about the last ladder, (in a private forum). And after having seen the spread sheets and how hard doing something like that is, I had also posted about understanding the diffikulty of making a good ladder.

I'm posting this bekause it was brought up and bekause no one hates you. I shouldn't have to as klan forums are supposed to be private. Anyway, the thread is more for diskussion of the klan ladders, but sinse you have aksess, you kan see for yourself. I'm sorry to respond publikly to this, but it was brought out publikly so this seems appropriate.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Fix that keyboard.... lolz

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:57 pm

Fiks it for krying out loud!
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Seulessliathan on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 am

wow, thatĀ“s really poor sports JP. I didnĀ“t hate you before, but maybe i should consider that now? You know that i always respected your job and all the efforts you did for league and ladder, it was me who pushed monkis to play the league, i liked most of your ideas and spoke about you always in a positive way. But IF you read threads in a clan forum, you better read them carfully, there are a lot of positive parts about you and the job you are doing. If you read threads you werenĀ“t supposed to read, and then pick only the negative parts .... well .... sorry .... but than itĀ“s your own fault if you feel hated .....

If i have any bad feelings about you, then itĀ“s because of the fact you read a private forum, misread what you read and then complain here.

Btw, these are my personal thoughts and not the official monki opinion about this.
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby waseemalim on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:42 am

Seulessliathan wrote:

wow, thatĀ“s really poor sports JP. I didnĀ“t hate you before, but maybe i should consider that now? You know that i always respected your job and all the efforts you did for league and ladder, it was me who pushed monkis to play the league, i liked most of your ideas and spoke about you always in a positive way. But IF you read threads in a clan forum, you better read them carfully, there are a lot of positive parts about you and the job you are doing. If you read threads you werenĀ“t supposed to read, and then pick only the negative parts .... well .... sorry .... but than itĀ“s your own fault if you feel hated .....

If i have any bad feelings about you, then itĀ“s because of the fact you read a private forum, misread what you read and then complain here.

Btw, these are my personal thoughts and not the official monki opinion about this.

I dont think he has access to the clan forums.
Life is what happens while you are busy playing Conquer Club.
Brigadier waseemalim

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:29 am

In JP's defence I pretty much doubt he'd have done such a thing (i.e. read a clan forum thread) and then publicly posted its subject matter. Chances are he's been told something by someone, so let's not everybody jump on his case.

Keep it friendly guys :D
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby jpcloet on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:42 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:In JP's defence I pretty much doubt he'd have done such a thing (i.e. read a clan forum thread) and then publicly posted its subject matter. Chances are he's been told something by someone, so let's not everybody jump on his case.

Keep it friendly guys :D

I don't have access to your forums, and the main contributors were very keen to tell me (ocelot) about it, I wouldn't have time or care to read them. I was simply pointing out my lack of bias.

Back on topic, I will contact the playoff clans when games are due as we likely need a 1-2 extension on the schedule.
Captain jpcloet

Postby Fruitcake on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:24 pm

Seulessliathan wrote:

.....stuff from seul....

Ahhhh...not the official monki opinion....good man....

Just wondering....what is the official monki opinion then?

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Georgerx7di on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Fruitcake wrote:
Seulessliathan wrote:

.....stuff from seul....

:lol: Monki lawyers are reviewing the statement that our PR department wants to release. We should have something offikial by Oktober.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby Fruitcake on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:17 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:
Seulessliathan wrote:

.....stuff from seul....

:lol: Monki lawyers are reviewing the statement that our PR department wants to release. We should have something offikial by Oktober.

Quite right too. Compliance is always an issue.

Colonel Fruitcake

Postby reptile on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Wow!!!! the things that happen when no-one is paying attention. Since i last looked, it looked like KORT had 1st place in Div 1A all but locked up, and TSM had 2nd place in Div 2A all but locked up.

The following could be wrong, but this is what i gathered after browsing through the games....

Div 1A
KORT and IA are definitely representing division 1A, but the order is still undetermined!

KORT - 72-38
2 games that are COMPLETELY over, but i would say that L4D will end up winning them to give KORT a final record of
72-40 (if they lose Game 6651925 Game 6651926)

IA - 72-38
2 games that are either too foggy or are evenly balanced. I think IA has the tie breaker as well.
72-38 (with Game 6651825 & Game 6651829 undetermined)

So i believe IA snatched first place in Div 1A away from KORT!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Div 2A
LOW has locked up 1st place, however 2nd place (final playoff spot) is still undetermined! I could be wrong here, but if everything finishes how it is looking like it should...

TSM - 65-46
1 game that is still in balance or to foggy...
65-46 (Game 6636076)

BPB - 64-46
2 games active, 1 looking like a victory the other in balance or to foggy...
65-46 (with Game 6636243 undecided. but also must win Game 6636241... they have the advantage so far)

I believe TSM controls their own fate here. TSM needs to either win Game 6636076 or have BPB lose Game 6636243 or Game 6636241. TSM has the tie breaker here, so only way BPB can move into the playoffs is the opposite, they must win those two games AND have TSM lose theirs.
---------------------------------------

Not sure if that is too confusing or not, but i tried ;) . Also, it is not in stone, i counted some games that are all but over.... but not necessarily OVER!
Captain reptile

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:14 pm

You missed the quads KORT vs IA on First Nations. That will likely be the decider.

Postby Fruitcake on Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:15 am

reptile wrote:Wow!!!! the things that happen when no-one is paying attention. Since i last looked, it looked like KORT had 1st place in Div 1A all but locked up, and TSM had 2nd place in Div 2A all but locked up.

The following could be wrong, but this is what i gathered after browsing through the games....

Div 1A
KORT and IA are definitely representing division 1A, but the order is still undetermined!

KORT - 72-38
2 games that are COMPLETELY over, but i would say that L4D will end up winning them to give KORT a final record of
72-40 (if they lose Game 6651925 Game 6651926)

IA - 72-38
2 games that are either too foggy or are evenly balanced. I think IA has the tie breaker as well.
72-38 (with Game 6651825 & Game 6651829 undetermined)

So i believe IA snatched first place in Div 1A away from KORT!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Div 2A
LOW has locked up 1st place, however 2nd place (final playoff spot) is still undetermined! I could be wrong here, but if everything finishes how it is looking like it should...

TSM - 65-46
1 game that is still in balance or to foggy...
65-46 (Game 6636076)

BPB - 64-46
2 games active, 1 looking like a victory the other in balance or to foggy...
65-46 (with Game 6636243 undecided. but also must win Game 6636241... they have the advantage so far)

I believe TSM controls their own fate here. TSM needs to either win Game 6636076 or have BPB lose Game 6636243 or Game 6636241. TSM has the tie breaker here, so only way BPB can move into the playoffs is the opposite, they must win those two games AND have TSM lose theirs.
---------------------------------------

Not sure if that is too confusing or not, but i tried ;) . Also, it is not in stone, i counted some games that are all but over.... but not necessarily OVER!

Well put.

Just one tiny problem....the division is incorrect.

Basically, we have to win both our quads games, whilst the primate slappers have to lose their games....which they seem to be doing with a fearsome streak. We feel comfortable about one of the quads, Game 6636241, and were feeling reasonable about the other, Game 6636243, but a run of poor dice has tipped the balance t'other way unfortunately. So it does look like the playoffs will come down to one game.....Game 6636243

Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Bones2484 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Wow, what a close ending.

Would be a shame, though, if the Monki's advanced by a tiebreaker considering they were gifted a game by forfeit that was refused to be remade even though it was a site bug.
Major Bones2484

Postby reptile on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:33 pm

Bones2484 wrote:Wow, what a close ending.

Would be a shame, though, if the Monki's advanced by a tiebreaker considering they were gifted a game by forfeit that was refused to be remade even though it was a site bug.

?
Captain reptile

Postby jpcloet on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:00 pm

He's referring to this......

Game 5977569

G1 F&^%^ up and earned a loss.
Captain jpcloet

Postby nagerous on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:17 pm

This happened to us too: Game 5547975

It was actually caused by a site bug as one game I clicked the wrong automatic join link for another triples and my team was already full so it put me in position 2 of the other team. Luckily, I quit before the game was full as it would have been another game DQ, ridiculous really.
Captain nagerous

Postby GrimReaper. on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:18 pm

, do u think we could we am update to division 2B?
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
Private GrimReaper.

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges