Conquer Club

Clan Merger - EMPIRE & Agents of Chaos - yes, seriously.

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan Merger - EMPIRE & Agents of Chaos - yes, seriously.

Postby benga on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:57 pm

If everyone is so afraid, OSA would be glad to welcome you in round1
Sergeant benga

Postby jj3044 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:23 pm

benga wrote:If everyone is so afraid, OSA would be glad to welcome you in round1

Atta boy Benga. I knew I liked you.
Colonel jj3044

Postby puppydog85 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:12 am

jj3044 wrote:
puppydog85 wrote:Why not take the average of the 2 clans and make that their F400 score? That way you don't have to have them start in the bottom of the rankings.

Oh boy, you obviously haven't been paying attention in the F400 thread then... LOL

It can't be done.

No, I generally don't pay much attention to the forums. Thanks for the heads up, heading over there now.
Sergeant 1st Class puppydog85

Postby catnipdreams on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:13 pm

Ok, I finally believe this is not an April Fool's Day joke. Best of luck to the new merged clan; I look forward to teaming up with old friends for fun games, and fiercely competing on opposing teams during clan wars!
Major catnipdreams

Postby jj3044 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:46 pm

catnipdreams wrote:Ok, I finally believe this is not an April Fool's Day joke. Best of luck to the new merged clan; I look forward to teaming up with old friends for fun games, and fiercely competing on opposing teams during clan wars!

Thanks Cat! Feel free to throw me an invite if you miss the JJ sandwich...
Colonel jj3044

Postby Fewnix on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:05 pm

Third the motion. Will be honoured to have the chance to play you some time.

TheSpaceCowboy wrote:
Denise wrote:Awesome, guys. Good luck!

:cry:

good luck to both clans. . .although I have that whole "you're not losing a daughter, you're gaining a clan" feeling. . .

hope the transition is smooth and the internal workings are free from either empire or chaos, lol. . . .
Rule 1
show
Lieutenant Fewnix

Postby Jackofalltrades on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:24 pm

jj3044 wrote:
Jippd wrote:There is so much stress over where we will be placed. Why can't people just look forward to playing the clan wars and having a good time?

Great point. It seems like the only ones who don't care if we are ranked #3 or unranked are us...

Much agreed.... actions have always spoken louder than words. Much work lays ahead but from what I've seen we are but two halves of a newly minted whole. Doubt we will need training wheels, both clans had/have good leadership and good players. we'll survive :D and thrive. shame we have to defend ourselves from the naysayers really....
show
Major Jackofalltrades

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:57 am

Jackofalltrades wrote:
jj3044 wrote:
Jippd wrote:There is so much stress over where we will be placed. Why can't people just look forward to playing the clan wars and having a good time?

Great point. It seems like the only ones who don't care if we are ranked #3 or unranked are us...

Much agreed.... actions have always spoken louder than words. Much work lays ahead but from what I've seen we are but two halves of a newly minted whole. Doubt we will need training wheels, both clans had/have good leadership and good players. we'll survive :D and thrive. shame we have to defend ourselves from the naysayers really....

I think you're missing the boat on what happened and how others view it. Most don't doubt you'll succeed. It's a matter of principle on whether or not two clans should be allowed to screw over one CD owned event and allowed into another which they previously wouldn't have even qualified for. It doesn't really having anything to do with nay-sayers.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Personally I hope y'all do very well (I have no doubt though lol), but I seriously hope you guys don't join the NC4 :$ no offender hahaha

-Glorious Leader
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby The Voice on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:42 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Personally I hope y'all do very well (I have no doubt though lol), but I seriously hope you guys don't join the NC4 :$ no offender hahaha

-Glorious Leader

Thanks NoSurvivors! Good luck in the NC4!

chapcrap wrote:
Jackofalltrades wrote:
jj3044 wrote:

I think you're missing the boat on what happened and how others view it. Most don't doubt you'll succeed. It's a matter of principle on whether or not two clans should be allowed to screw over one CD owned event and allowed into another which they previously wouldn't have even qualified for. It doesn't really having anything to do with nay-sayers.

I understand why people are miffed. I wish the situation with the CL had ended better, but with tournies overlapping, it would've been difficult to avoid some kind of problematic situation. We were also very prepared to go the NC route had clans like us and ATLANTIS not been granted entrance to the CCup.

You've made your opinion very clear, so I humbly request you resist beating the proverbial dead horse. For my part, I promise not to respond to you again.
Major The Voice

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:57 pm

The Voice wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Jackofalltrades wrote:
jj3044 wrote:

I understand why people are miffed. I wish the situation with the CL had ended better, but with tournies overlapping, it would've been difficult to avoid some kind of problematic situation. We were also very prepared to go the NC route had clans like us and ATLANTIS not been granted entrance to the CCup.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with you or the new clan or anyone in it. It's not your fault that you were let into CC4. If I was in the situation, I would have done the same, except maybe kept one clan in CL5.

The Voice wrote:You've made your opinion very clear, so I humbly request you resist beating the proverbial dead horse. For my part, I promise not to respond to you again.

So, when people say things that are wrong, I'll just not talk I guess. I'll just let JOAT continue in the ignorance instead of setting him straight...
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:00 pm

chapcrap wrote:
The Voice wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Jackofalltrades wrote:
jj3044 wrote:

Yeah, I don't have a problem with you or the new clan or anyone in it. It's not your fault that you were let into CC4. If I was in the situation, I would have done the same, except maybe kept one clan in CL5.

The Voice wrote:You've made your opinion very clear, so I humbly request you resist beating the proverbial dead horse. For my part, I promise not to respond to you again.

So, when people say things that are wrong, I'll just not talk I guess. I'll just let JOAT continue in the ignorance instead of setting him straight...

We would have loved that too! Looks like we agree that it would have been nice to continue in at least one clan... but sadly its not allowed!

But some people's argument for us not being in CC4 is that we haven' proven we are "capable." So actually Joat is right and stated things correctly!
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby shoop76 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:39 pm

But some people's argument for us not being in CC4 is that we haven' proven we are "capable." So actually Joat is right and stated things correctly!

I think everyone thinks you are very capable. It was just the fact that the rules were changed and this let other clans tag along. Many clans had tried to get in in previous editions that had just formed but they were not granted access.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Jippd on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Were those clans comprised of 100% of players with proven clan track records?
Major Jippd

Postby Jackofalltrades on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:13 pm

chapcrap wrote:So, when people say things that are wrong, I'll just not talk I guess. I'll just let JOAT continue in the ignorance instead of setting him straight...

thats a bit sharp mate... in a situation and site where tourneys NEVER (well never say never) end on time or schedule when would there have been a good time to merge??? i mean really. i understand there will be some ruffled feathers and it shall not all go smooth but... shame on me for cheering for our cause. if the overall community feels we should be busted back to starters i doubt we will hang at the bottom; merely my point. I'm not part of the main conversation as i'm not the skipper of this ship. i know enough and am intelligent to infer a few things even if i don't prefer to dabble in the day-to-day politics. sorry if i chose my wording adversely did not seek to offend anyone.
show
Major Jackofalltrades

Postby shoop76 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Jackofalltrades wrote:
chapcrap wrote:So, when people say things that are wrong, I'll just not talk I guess. I'll just let JOAT continue in the ignorance instead of setting him straight...

thats a bit sharp mate... in a situation and site where tourneys NEVER (well never say never) end on time or schedule when would there have been a good time to merge??? i mean really. i understand there will be some ruffled feathers and it shall not all go smooth but... shame on me for cheering for our cause. if the overall community feels we should be busted back to starters i doubt we will hang at the bottom; merely my point. I'm not part of the main conversation as i'm not the skipper of this ship. i know enough and am intelligent to infer a few things even if i don't prefer to dabble in the day-to-day politics. sorry if i chose my wording adversely did not seek to offend anyone.

I thought you guys wanted to be busted back to starters
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Jippd wrote:Were those clans comprised of 100% of players with proven clan track records?

Probably not but the rules in previous competitions were not defined to allow clans with proven track records; nor is 'proven track records' defined anywhere. It's the exception process that always causes issues, once an exception has been made, another one has to be made, and another, and another, etc. If the rules had said that clans that comprised of members with over 20 combined clan war medals as they would be comprised of veteran players, i don't think anyone would have had any issues.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you guys are in the CC4; the more the merrier.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Jackofalltrades on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:06 pm

shoop76 wrote:
Jackofalltrades wrote:

I thought you guys wanted to be busted back to starters

honestly i'm still trying to catch up from being away on vacation plus being busy as hell work wise not willing to state an OFFICIAL opinion on that LOL.... maybe i should just not speak up any more LOL
show
Major Jackofalltrades

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:51 pm

Yeah shut up joat. Nobody likes you :P
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Jippd on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:32 pm

I hear everyone saying they don't mind if ACE competes so if not I don't see what the issue is with having us join?

If the issue is making exceptions to the rules then I understand frustration. I myself am personally in favor of black and white law, but as seen in the history of this site that is often not the case. With my past experience this site makes exceptions to the rules all the time.

Tournaments that are run allow for leeway of the TO to decide what is right or wrong to a certain extent. Using that as a parallel I can also see how it can be left up to people running these big clan wars to decide if someone can join or not.

Example:

A rule for a tournament is that "A player must have 99% of turns taken" to ensure that the game doesn't get thrown off by someone that misses turns all the time.

If someone comes in with 98% of turns taken the TO could make an exception if the percentage had a valid reason. IE the player plays trench speed games as a majority of their games completed and deadbeats when the game is over because it is quicker.

Now this player doesn't make it by the black and white of the rules, but a TO could look at this and make an exception if they knew the player only missed in these speed trenches and not in their regular casual 24 hour tournament games. It breaks the rules, but is it really hurting anybody or did the TO make the right judgement call in letting the player in?

Sometimes the law is not always right either. Laws used to segregate African Americans in the South in the United States. Just because it was a law aka rule does not mean that it is right.

Laws are meant to be changed for the better and from what I can see most clans are in agreement that they are looking forward to us competing in the tournament and view us as reliable competition in terms of clan play.

I personally can care less if we compete in x y or z tournament as long as we are playing games some how in some competition. Whether it was newcomers cup (where we would obviously blow away the competition) or the CC5 or CL4 or whatever one it is that everyone is in a fuss about I am happy.

If you ask me what is more fair I would say putting us in the CC5/CL4 or whatever one is coming up. Is it fair for us to play with people new to the clan world and clan games when we are all very experienced players? Does it make sense for us to play in a small league where we would blow away the competition? The answer to those questions for me is no. I think we should play in a league that would have more competition.

If the White Sox and Cubs dissolved and a new team was created of the best players from both the Cubs and Sox in Chicago would it make more sense for them to still be a MLB level team or a team that started in the minors?
Major Jippd

Postby shoop76 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 am

Again ACE be allowed in is not the issue, at least for me. I don't see you as a new clan. But I believe their were 2 new clans in allowed because of the ruling that was changed when signups were already in progress. I also believe that some of the complaints are a holdover from the cds not honoring the vote for the setup of CCup4 because some of the top clans complained and were going to boycott. However, when some of the lower ranked clans complained and threatened to boycott they did not care. Your clan has or had to cds in it, and even though they abstained from voting in changing the cdf rules, do you really think the other cds were going to vote against their fellow cds?
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby jetsetwilly on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:49 am

This is all over and done with now so let's leave the conversation there. This thread can move to archive ahead of the new clan thread being created.
Captain jetsetwilly

Postby shoop76 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:00 am

jetsetwilly wrote:This is all over and done with now so let's leave the conversation there. This thread can move to archive ahead of the new clan thread being created.

I agree but your clanmates keep on bringing it up.
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby chapcrap on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:52 am

Jippd wrote:I hear everyone saying they don't mind if ACE competes so if not I don't see what the issue is with having us join?

If the issue is making exceptions to the rules then I understand frustration. I myself am personally in favor of black and white law, but as seen in the history of this site that is often not the case. With my past experience this site makes exceptions to the rules all the time.

Agreed
Jippd wrote:If the White Sox and Cubs dissolved and a new team was created of the best players from both the Cubs and Sox in Chicago would it make more sense for them to still be a MLB level team or a team that started in the minors?

No, they should start in the minors. They both suck now and they would still suck afterward.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chemefreak on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:41 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Jippd wrote:If the White Sox and Cubs dissolved and a new team was created of the best players from both the Cubs and Sox in Chicago would it make more sense for them to still be a MLB level team or a team that started in the minors?

No, they should start in the minors. They both suck now and they would still suck afterward.

This is hysterical. One of the best posts I have seen in a while.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives